What should I pay my nanny?

What’s a reasonable pay rate for a 16 year old nanny who will be babysitting for two days a week, 12.5 hours a day?

8 Likes

Where do you live? Usually if you join your local nanny page- you can find rates. Where I’m located it would be $25-35 an hour. But if you live in a small town in Idaho… I would guess it would be a lot less. However if they’re 16 at least minimum wage.

3 Likes

12.5 hours? At least $100/day

7 Likes

Depends how many kids ? But min wage for 1 and more If several children

5 Likes

$15-20 an hour at least .

1 Like

I was paid 15 bucks per hour as a nanny. Anything less than that would be an insult.

1 Like

Depends on what u make and what u can afford. U can’t pay someone minimum wage if u only make minimum wage. It would be pointless to work

1 Like

This 16 year old kin?.. You must know this child if your letting her be responsible for your kids for 12hr a day

4 Likes

Just make it a flat rate. $150

The daycare by me is $3 an hour in Summer, $5 when school is in.

2 Likes

Definitely more than minimum wage. She could go work somewhere else and make more than that. Be fair. Pay her the market rate for nannies in your area. Don’t underpay her just because she’s 16.

3 Likes

Anyone saying minimum wage needs to watch their own kids

11 Likes

$15.00 an hour per kid at least. She is going to be watching your kid(s) for 25 hours out of the week so you should Definitely take that into account.

2 Likes

$20/HR base +$5 per additional kid.

A 16 year old is not a nanny shes a babysitter :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes