What causes painful intercourse 4 weeks postpartum?

The amount of women who try to have sex before the 6 weeks is up… Then come on here and ask silly questions… Not judging, just laughing because the common sense is lacking. To each their own.

Because you’re supposed to wait 6-8 weeks if not longer before fucking

Because you had a c-section less than 5 weeks ago and you’re not supposed to have sex until your doctor clears you around 6 weeks. I’ve had two c-sections and I can tell you that it’s painful even after waiting the 6 weeks. You could get an infection or end up pregnant again.

Likely because you’re 4 weeks postpartum . Oof

9 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

Because you’re going against common medical advice by having sex less then 6 weeks pp. Csection or vaginal delivery are both traumatic to the body. Your cervix may still need to close, you have a wound from where the placenta detached, surgical wound and swelling, hormones out of whack

Following childbirth, a woman’s body enters a healing phase when bleeding stops, tears heal, and the cervix closes. Having intercourse too early, especially within the first 2 weeks, increases the risk of postpartum hemorrhage or uterine infection. Rushing into things too quickly and even sex four weeks after a C-section can lead to complications such as infection. Six weeks is the average amount of time it takes the uterus to return to its normal size, cervix to close, and C-section incision to heal. Idky you didnt, but you really need to listen to your doctor. After childbirth, they pretty much drill it into your brain that you need to wait at least 6 weeks to put ANYTHING in your vagina. This question is ridiculous and as a mother, you shouldve already known.

On my way to snort birth control :woman_facepalming:t4:

18 Likes

Both my babies, c-sections, I was told to wait 6 weeks

1 Like

Is this a serious question???

6 weeks PP is the minimum for sex. Or anything in your vagina. The risk of infection is high I would be waiting at least another two weeks.

I think a call to your doctor would be better than asking advice on here.

3 Likes

Not sure why? Because you had intercourse. Before 6 weeks. :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

Your body has no yet fully recovered nor gone back to normal. That is why doctors say to wait 6 weeks. They dont just say it to hear their own voice.

10 Likes

I think some of these questions are made up knowing people will jump on it :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

6 weeks is the very minimum. :sweat_smile::sob::joy:

3 Likes

Takes 6 to 8 weeks to heal

3 Likes

Oh I don’t know - maybe cause they advise you to wait at least 6 weeks after a MAJOR ABDOMINAL SURGERY. Your body is still healing whether you feel up to it or not :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Really? Multiple reasons to wait 6-8 weeks. Your still healing!!!

4 Likes

6 weeks minimum geezus h :rofl::joy::rofl: your poor vagina :rofl::skull:🤦

For god sake you shouldn’t be having sex yet especially as you had a c section. The outside might be healed but the inside might not be.

They tell you to wait 6 weeks for a reason, ya numb nuts.

21 Likes

Remind me to never be vulnerable and ask a question on this page… Holy :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

I suggest talking to your OB or google Facebook is a very judgmental place.
Sex after C-section recovery can be painful. Low estrogen levels result in less blood flow throughout your body, making vaginal tissues thinner and more delicate. Hormonal changes also suppress natural lubricants, so your vagina may feel uncomfortably dry. If you stopped having sex at any point during pregnancy, your vagina might be sensitive until you get back into the swing of things. If you’re nursing, your vagina may remain dry and sensitive for months longer. Breastfeeding (especially exclusively) can put ovulation on pause. Your natural lubricants will ramp up around the time of your first postpartum period.

Because you didn’t wait 6 weeks

4 Likes

Dr’s tell you to wait for a reason. It takes time for a body to heal

8 Likes

Stephanie Lee I was just thinking the same thing

1 Like

Just because you didn’t birth vaginally doesn’t mean your body didn’t still go through serious trauma. The placenta and everything was ripped out your body. This is why the drs tell you not to have sex until atleast 6w postpartum as you’re also risking infection due to the wounds in your body. Regardless of vaginal birth or c section

With some kids I only waited days🤷🏻‍♀️ everyone has a right to do what they want with their own… their OWN body. If it hurts stop. I would say it’s probably because you had major abdominal surgery and things are still swollen, sore and moving back into place. Even though you didn’t deliver that way it’s still going to be sore and uncomfortable sometimes, and that’s ok. Do what feels best to you.

8 Likes

Ummm seriously? You’re not even close to being heeled. LISTEN TO THE DOCTOR

11 Likes

Yeah I would definitely recommend waiting at least 6 weeks like most OBs do. Having any trauma down there while it’s healing CAN cause cervical/uterine prolapse.

7 Likes

You had major surgery.
Your Dr said wait until you’ve been seen at 6 weeks.
Just bc you didn’t deliver vaginally doesn’t mean your cervix is back to normal.

11 Likes

You are suppose to wait a minimum of 6 weeks. With that being said even tho you did not have vaginally, you still went thru all that and you are not healed

4 Likes

Everyone commenting on this with rude comments should be ashamed of yourselves. All of our bodies are different. I had sex 3 weeks postpartum with both of my kids. No pain and I didn’t get pregnant. Some women it hurts, some it doesn’t. Y’all do know she’s reading these comments right? I thought we were supposed to build each other up. Sad.

Well 6 weeks after is recommended and 8 weeks is even better and gentle action is a must one has to think about all that changes during pregnancy birth and regular birth practices. Good slow and easy the first 6 months.

3 Likes

Because your insides aren’t healed yet. You’re not supposed to try after a c-section until your doctor gives you the all clear.

9 Likes

Last time I had sex 4 weeks postpartum after a c-section I ended up with Irish twins lol

I was told to wait until my 8 week postpartum visit. And then they decide if you’re physically ready.
If you don’t wait before you’re cleared you could get an infection :frowning:

6 Likes

They say wait 6wks for a reason 🤷🤷

4 Likes

Your cervix still opened up you just weren’t able to have a vaginal birth. You’re still suppose to wait up to 6 weeks. If he’s hitting your cervix at all he could cause you to have internal bleeding. I’d call your doc if you’re still in any pain down there. Better to be safe than sorry.

3 Likes

Aren’t you supposed to wait 6 weeks

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:t2: if you are still hurting call your OB they tell you 6-8 weeks for a reason.

3 Likes

Your cervix still dialates when you go into labor. Your body prepapes for the birth. You had a major surgery. They cut through all your skin and muscles through your lower abdomen. Your body isn’t healed after 4 weeks.

5 Likes

Its bc you had a baby 4 wks ago.

4 Likes

Because you didn’t follow instructions! Simple as that!

8 Likes

you are gonna end up catching an infection. My friend almost died. listen to your doctor :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

Girl sex isn’t that important lol chill

Your uterus is healing from the placenta detaching, which is why they say to wait the full 6 weeks at least. Also you just had major surgery. You should definitely see your doctor

9 Likes

Doctors give you advise for a reason especially with something like child birth. Your body needs time to heal and while some people do have sex at 4 weeks and have no issue, it’s still a risk. You just had a baby so take that time to heal. your body deserves to rest.

They usually say to wait 6 weeks. At your 6 week check up you’ll be cleared or not

3 Likes

Call ur Dr
The internet isnt helping.

Keep on playing you gon get pregnant again :flushed:

5 Likes

I would not have sex until you get the okay from your doctor. Sometimes it can be painful to have sex weeks to months after delivery because of hormone changes, especially if you are breast feeding.

Depending on the circumstances, you essentially had the near equivalent of being temporarily disemboweled, or at Very least, had a few important things shoved out of the way, through a hole about maybe 10 mm in length. six separate layers of your abdominal wall and uterus opened individually. And a little human being taken out of your body. Four weeks is probably a little bit too early because of the stitches in each of those layers on the inside of you. Chances are, that is likely to be a little uncomfortable.
I’ve had two and although I felt I healed up super fast, I can remember having a lot of pinching when I even tried to pee. Nothing much wrong with doing it this soon after but they do warn about the ease of getting infections, and re-impregnated again especially prior to that 6 week mark. you should most definitely do it as gently as you can and make sure you both have a shower before … and in my opinion , probably after too just to be on the safe side.

It hurts cause your supposed to wait 6 weeks. Were you paying attention to the doctor :woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4:

9 Likes

You have a wound in your uterus the size of a dinner plate from where your placenta detached! Thats most likely not causing the pain, but be careful, sex before 6 weeks (and being cleared by your OB) can cause an infection!

3 c sections later and I can’t even respond to this person without being rude so ima say stop posting it on social medium and listen to your doctors instructions no sex 6-8 weeks with a c sections

Because you had a baby. Go talk to your doctor

2 Likes

I couldn’t have sex comfortably after my C-section for a good 6 months or more! It was so tight and painful! My doctor said it was normal but it sucked!

Damn. You’re a warrior. Lol. 8 weeks after my c-section I still didn’t even want to be looked at. :joy::joy:

It was too soon I suppose, from the pain. I had a c section and waited 6-7 weeks

1 Like

usually six weeks for healing you still stretched a bit in there

1 Like

Because you just had a baby… Lol

2 Likes

Honey… You gotta follow those instructions, that’s why they tell you what you do and don’t need to do and that’s one of them. I waited 7 weeks, and it still was uncomfortable but 7 weeks not having intercourse is a good while.

2 Likes

Probably because…aren’t you supposed to wait at least 6 weeks?? :thinking:

7 Likes

Even with a csection you should wait a minimum of 6 weeks

5 Likes

6 weeks…and honestly with a csection it might hurt even longer than that. A csection is a major surgery.

6 Likes

Girl…… Stop! :stop_sign: If you feel like you ‘need’ or ‘want’ to do something, go orally but NOTHING more. Your husband and you can wait a couple/few more weeks. Your body is still healing!!!

5 Likes

His circumcised penis.

Your body is healing! You can cause infection by having sex too early, your whole insides are healing…. Inside of you is a wound! Please take care of yourself :white_heart:

You should probably see a Dr and not have anymore intercourse until you resolve the problem

2 Likes

Shit sex hurt for me for a full year after vaginal birth they cut me from my vagina to my bootyhole and it kept ripping open :skull::skull: and I waited the 6 weeks

First… you’re supposed to wait SIX weeks. Minimun… for healing. He can wait two more weeks. Sorry, biology sucks

2 Likes

The placenta still detached from the uterus. You’re healing and you’re going to need another 4 weeks to heal fully

2 Likes

Way too soon. You just had a baby and need to give your body time to try and heal from the major surgery you just had. The OBGYN where I live tell you nothing for 8 weeks for this exact reason. 4 is way too soon.

2 Likes

You need to wait at least 6-8 weeks to prevent infection! Your body is healing.

I could be wrong here, but probably the small human sized hole still healing inside your stomach along with all your organs still adjusting to pulling out of said small human from your gut only 28 days go. :woman_shrugging:t2: I’m no Ph.D. though so probably run it by your Obgyn.

2 Likes

Vaginal dryness and soreness is very real even after c section.