Was I wrong for having a lazy day with my daughter?

These posts are proving how many people live in abusive relationships and don’t realize til their child soaks it all in.

I’ve had days where my kids eat pop tarts and lunchables and ramen, lol I couldn’t imagine feeling like what you did wasn’t good enough

2 Likes

Your man sounds like a controlling psychopath and the fact that you’re nervous says a-lot. Life is short. You deserve better.

Lol your fiancee would NOT like our household :rofl: we go out to eat junk food and we definitely don’t have veggies with every meal. He needs to relax the reins. Oh and at our house, we believe ramen and cereal can be eaten at every meal. He sounds like a control freak and it sounds like he might be smothering you

He don’t sound like a good partner geez wth is wrong with him…

Yea if he makes you nervous for spending the day with YOUR child how you chose you need to leave him that’s not normal

That you feel like you did anything wrong is the absolute devastation. Throw the whole ass man away.

Sounds like a great day :woozy_face:

I think your husband is overreacting. My child is picky and only eats chicken as a meat, only will eat broccoli for a veggie, and will eat all the fruits. His meals consistently are chicken nuggets (the ones with veggies in them), 2 different fruits, and broccoli or cheetos. Also, I don’t cook. My husband does all the cooking. I don’t see anything wrong with your day. Seems like your child eats way better than mine!

Sounds like a very controlling person!
I know I have one who is like that at times!

Um you definitely deserve taking it easy! If my husband acted like this he definitely would not be my husband :joy: now if it was a everyday thing or you didn’t feed the kid then I could see his side

You did nothing wrong who does he think he is and why didn’t he make your birthday special get rid

You did nothing wrong. Man some mornings well even decide to eat a litte ice cream wirh breakfast. Who cares. I’ll take a lazy day where we watch TV, don’t clean, eat easy stuff we can microwave. It’s not going to hurt anyone.

He sounds quite controlling . You did NOTHING wrong and should feel NO guilt . Your child was fed way better than most

not at all, this sounds like a nice little day🥺

1 Like

Well I’m glad he’s not my kids father :joy::rofl: we do whatever nights, order pizza all that

Your husband is in the wrong you don’t nothing qrong

I feel bad for you…and concerned too. What you did is completely normal. The way HE is behaving is not normal. This is giving me red flags of controlling on his part. Because he had to work a 14 hr shift he feels YOU do not deserve a lazy day. I don’t see any support from him. I wish u all the well but you may need to reevaluate your relationship sooner then later.

Wow!:joy::joy::joy:

Eating sh**, watching tely, going on ipads/phones, eating sweets and chocolate all of that what you’ve apparently put is “wrong” we do daily hahahaha just because you ordered a takeaway rather than cooking and just because you watched tely instead of reading a book doesn’t mean you’re lazy or any less of a good parent…

Lazy days are my saving grace! You did NOTHING wrong!!!

Uh… what’s the issue? Like she still had a fairly well balanced day. Need to get to the root of what he’s really angry about. I’m going to guess he feels some type of way about you having a “lazy” day while he was working. He needs to suck it up either way because you did nothing wrong

I take an easy day at least once a week😝

You did nothing wrong! As a matter of fact you could have had a even easier day with door dash or pizza and you still wouldn’t have done anything wrong!

So I’m guessing there was no cake & ice cream huh :smirk: He sounds awful BTW :tired_face:

Sounds better then what I feed my kids most days after working ten hours

This is me most weekends :joy::joy:

He’s hate to see my house! Jeepers! It’s totally ok to have days like that! Seems like a huge red flag to me!

Lord he have left me a long time ago :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Next time tell him, if he was was a real man he should have taken the day off from his job so you could enjoy the day

3 Likes

You’re NERVOUS? that’s a big red flag. You did zero things wrong here and shouldn’t worry in the least.

2 Likes

Ummm if my partner EVER acted like an immature asshole. He’d be told real effing quick. Why do you ladies tolerate this bullshit behavior.
You.DID.ABSOLUTELY.NOTHING.WRONG.
Id order that damn pizza ans serve it for dinner ASAP.

Nervous? Oh heck no. Anyone that makes you feel nervous for existing can get bent.
You did nothing wrong…at all!

Don’t be…you did the right thing

You are fine, but his red flags are showing. Especially, if he doesn’t do any of that ever.

Just run!! NOW. It’s only going to get worse. I have these kinds on days at LEAST 2 days a week.

Your husband has some power problems. If it were me, I would be thinking long and hard about why he is your husband and why I would allow myself to be abused. Your daughter will be his next one. Just my opinion.

Your fiance needs a reality check! Maybe rethink the fiance.

You should go on holiday and let him have a taste of what you do on a daily basis

Lol that’s your lazy day? This is insane to be upset about…

Ummm I do this most days…

He might just be taking things out on you that have nothing to do with you. That makes no sense to be mad over.

Tell him to take a walk on a short pier!!!..you did nothing wrong!!!

That’s a normal day for many.
He’s just a jerk. You don’t deserve that.

Lmao he would hate me we order pizza often and watch TV while eating and shoot before and after eating as well. Lmao

No. Get rid of the man. That’s controlling.

Screw him, go and order that pizza :ok_hand:

Throw the whole man away.

Throw the Whole fiancé away !

1 Like

I’d tell him where he can shove it. :peach:

Get rid of him! He will only get worst

Take out the trash sis, cause it’s only going to get worse from here.

It’s just been controlling

Tell him next time he can cook for the birthday party

Tell him to go pound sand is my advice

If your partner make you nervous, trust your gut and get out

Girl good for you! Please ignore him that’s ridiculous :roll_eyes:

Sounds like he’s a control freak and he couldn’t control your day

I didn’t hear of him offering to cook you supper!!! :balloon:

3 Likes

Sounds to me you need a new partner. Control freak, red flags, girl run, and dont look back. Sounds more like a abusive relationship by being nervous of his reactions. Are you ok?

Nervous, sounds like a huge red flag that needs to be checked

Guess it’s ice cream and snacks all day every day for the next week :joy: this is why I’m single… My kids stress me out I’m tired 90%of the time… We have fed ya self days at lest 2x aweek… I don’t do vegetables every day (one kid want eat them at all he’s on the spectrum so textures set him of)

Sounds like your married to a control freak I would be serving divorce papers for supper as soon as possibly

You didn’t do anything wrong at all, that’s a normal day for a lot of mom’s especially me, I do a lazy day at least once a week and on bad weeks more than once :woman_shrugging:t2:

Too bad no one made your day special. You just did it yourself! Good job taking care of you for one day.

Really? Do what you want. Your only mistake was telling him

Time for him to get a clue.

4 Likes

A lot of these comments suggest to leave… so I’m going to be the black sheep of the bunch for this first part of the comment.
Try talking to him first. Try to Make him understand that you need a minute sometimes too,
What does he do on his days off? And honestly even after work? Does he help with household things, the children, ect? I have found most men that are like that really don’t do a lot of anything to actually help.

I would honestly start making a habit of every week having one lazy day. Let him be mad.
If he can’t get over the fact that you need a day to relax too especially with raising kids. Then yes leaving may be your best option

1 Like

How disgusting that you feel nervous. You should never feel nervous and you didn’t do anything wrong at all. If he considers that wrong then I’m damn near abusive lmao. You can do whatever you want with your kid and feed them whatever you desire. It does not matter at all. Happy birthday and screw that man. Let him be mad and feed himself.

“I don’t think I did anything wrong but I’m nervous.”

Did something wrong? Like you’re a child and going to be punished. This doesn’t sound healthy at all.

:triangular_flag_on_post: Best to start couples therapy now

Your fiance is being a dick.

You boy friend sounds like an ass

That’s an average day for my kids, I don’t know what he’s expecting…Home cooked meals all day and no TV?..Christ, I’d kick him to the curb lol.

Yea you are fine, he is not.

Don’t walk down the aisle with that control freak. It isn’t going to get better after you say your vows.

1 Like

I’m so sorry. You know that’s basically abuse, right? You did everything completely normal, yes NORMAL and you’re nervous that your husband is going to be upset. Imagine walking on eggshells your entire life like you’re doing now. Do you want that? Everything you described sounds like a normal day for my household. Except with 3 kids. Every meal you described is 100% normal for most people, everyday. Your husband sounds like an abusive pos. If he’s not your husband, don’t marry this fool. You’re being controlled. Let me guess, he controls all finances too, and you probably have to ask to spend money. If he doesn’t have a meal on the table when you get home then he will probably throw a fit. If things are clean constantly, let me guess, he will throw a fit.

You don’t have a man. You have a person who wants control. Period.

Fuck him. Why doesn’t he stay home and take care of his child if he doesn’t like how you do it?!

First off HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
second I would have let them eat birthday cake all day just to piss him off…
Don’t be nervous live your life , hold your head up and be a good mother and take care of you…
Let him live his life uptight if he wants but don’t play into that bullshit

It was your birthday your fiance needs to give you a little Bit of Credit for wanting to have a lazy day you were still taking care of your daughter making sure she was fed. If i was you i would Tell him to stop be controlling if he wants to have a long term relationship with you. Reading your post makes me worried if he is going to be like that after you guys go get married.

You sound abused…no woman should have to feel nervous about relaxing. He sounds like a control freak.

This is INSANE! Honey you didn’t do a single thing wrong. Your husband is a full on joke. Half my days looked like that when I had toddlers. He sounds disgusted and controlling. I would never let any man tell me how to be a mother or call me lazy for making soup for the kids on my birthday. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. And he’s still mad 2 days later? He’s gross. Tell him he can cook and clean for his own kid then. Wtf.

Sounds like you need a new man if he’s gonna be a prick about something you didn’t even do wrong. The kid is happy,healthy ,eating ,and still alive at the end of the day. Moms need breaks. He needs to not be a jerk and get over himself. Sounds like a controlling P.O.S that just wants something to bitch about.

I don’t think you did anything wrong either…but alas opinions are like a holes and everyone has one. Just being straightforward…your partner doesn’t sound like much of a partner. You have every right as a parent to decide if you’re gonna have a lazy day and what that might look like for you (within reason of course). My partner actually would be happy for me, because he sees and appreciates how hard I work otherwise. So Saturday was your bday…you spent it as you wished, sounds like your partner didn’t do much for you but they had the nerve to critize how you spent your day…obviously this is only one post but if that’s truly the case, I’m sorry and you likely deserve way better (you and your daughter both). Your comment at the end about being ‘nervous’ almost implies some sort of controlling issue or mental abuse coming from your partner. Hopefully I’m wrong, but there’s a lot of red flags in what you posted. Good luck Mama :heart:

1 Like

I’m sorry your fiancé made you feel this way. You did absolutely NOTHING wrong! You made sure your daughter was fed, cared for, entertained, and safe with her mom. We are all entitled to “lazy days” and since he made no effort to do anything for your birthday, you made your own choice in how you wanted to celebrate. Also, your “lazy” meals are my every day cooking so don’t cut yourself short. In all seriousness though, I am concerned for you in this relationship. For your fiancé to make you feel guilty about this, and then continue to be angry with you two days later over literally nothing, I think that’s a huge red flag. Your daughter is a toddler, she needs downtime at home with mom just as much as you deserve it. You also deserve to be treated better than this. Please be aware of red flags in your relationship because this sounds like he is trying to control your days even when he’s not around. Best of luck to you

I’ve been there if I was watching TV with him he’d later say I should have cleaned the house if I had a migraine and throwing up I should be up cooking and cleaning I wasn’t aloud company I wasn’t aloud to be on the phone when he got home the children weren’t aloud in livingroom when he was home or they had to sit and be quiet while he played video games or watch what he was watching 2 different relationships between the 2 I had 5 children and I safely got out of both. Becareful with control with me it turned physical mental verbal and emotional a good day with your child is a good memory don’t let someone ruin that

Wow your partner sounds like a prick … my husband wouldn’t dare complain that I was 'lazy ’ if I had a chilled day and screen time galore and easy food , and on my birthday!!! Id have ordered pizza for dinner and taken my child out for coffee and cake … he sounds controlling and unpleasant .

Your fiancé would hate me :woman_shrugging: this has control written all over it. You are an adult and are home with your child. You can do what you want. Feed your kid what you want. Sit down and drink 10 cups of coffee if you want. It will not get any better trust me.

We eat our meals daily with TV. And before you come for me we are OUTSIDE about 4-5 hours a day and 2.5 hrs of nap. So our kids watch TV during meals and quite time. If your living on egg shells or anything in your life is making you uneasy or unhappy…change it. Life is too short mama.

I feel bad this is even a concern. It’s your birthday and how you spent the day with your child (yours and his) is harmless. Sounds like you just wanted a break and sounds like he is an A hole. Also even if it weren’t your birthday, sounds like a pretty chill day and he shouldn’t be mad :smiling_face:

“Im nervous?” I pray you aren’t being abused but that is not normal behavior from your man! You’re doing a great job and you did nothing wrong AT ALL!

I don’t think you are wrong, at all. Heck, your child ate better that day than mine usually does (it’s a struggle, she always wants junk food). I feel like maybe he has something else on his mind and this is the thing that provoked an outburst.

Happy Birthday!!! :birthday: :partying_face: You did nothing wrong. I wouldn’t marry such a control freak. Been there, done that. Never again.

You did nothing wrong! Momma deserves a break too!

Honey he sound’s controlling and emotionally abusive. What’s wrong with what you fed her? That doesn’t sound like a safe environment if your scared to have a lazy day. We all deserve to feel comfortable enough in our environments to relax. As long as she ate then I don’t see the problem. The fact that your nervous is a red flag. The fact that he is that mad about it, scares me. I hope you and your baby find some peace. If he continues being like that, I would leave.

Whew I couldn’t live w someone dictating what I eat or my kids. Especially considering what u fed ur kid sound’s totally normal! Adding the fruit and peanut butter umm that just made it a five star breakfast :raised_hands:t3: go momma! No one should make u feel nervous over that. :pleading_face:

I hope you can find someone to talk to about your relationship and his controlling behavior. You should be able to spend you day taking care of your child without fearing reprisals.

Girl you didn’t do a thing wrong. Wrong would have been not feeding and caring for your child.

No you didn’t do anything wrong. If he makes you feel like this after having a relaxing day with your little one than are you sure you really want to marry him?

Some days we literally start with a scoop of ice cream (hey, it’s mostly milk anyways right? :woman_shrugging: no worse than sugary cereal) and end with straight buttered noodles while some other days I’m Pinterest Mom of the Year with 4 course meals for each meal. I’m sorry you went through that, and on your birthday. Don’t feel bad for how you’re momming, the fact that you even wonder if you’re being a good mom makes you a good mom.

Honestly you could of been a busy body and by sounds of it your man would of found something wrong sounds like a narcissistic and didn’t want you to have a good day to begin with.