Tips on helping a one year old fall asleep and stay asleep?

Hold your baby for at least 15 minutes prior to laying her down… white noise might help keep her asleep… it worked with my grandson

Leave her to fuss, she will eventually figure it out and fall asleep on her own. It may take a few days, but she will stay down.
Then you’ll get some sleep.

One month for many babies is too young. They normally sat every 3/4 hours. Don’t even think about a full 8 hours till she is about 6 months :heart:

Turn on a small air purifier close to the bed and the baby will eventually associate that sound with falling asleep. Make sure the child has a clean diaper and full belly.

Cry it out. If you go in to console her, do not speak or play or pick her up. Lay her down, pat her gently and walk out. Do it over and over. They learn good habits as fast as they learn bad habits. She will eventually fall asleep.

I put mine in a baby swing.only way I could cook and wash dishes.

Is she one month old or one year old

My baby is 38 what i wouldnt give to turn back the time

It may be the crib is too big and no movement

Put her in her carriage and push it back and forth we used to do that with the kids we babysat

Get her a swinging seat it was a big help with my children

Is the baby one month old or one year old? The 1st sentence states one thing and later sentence states different. The age will make a difference in an answer to the question

Try a swinging bassinet or a cradle

The question says 1 year old the paragraph says 1 month old… which is it?

I will come hold her and you can do your chores!

2 Likes

One month or 1 year old? Ur post is confusing

Awwwwwww just cuddle and enjoy the moments while you can our precious wee Poppets grow so quickly :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::lizard:

1 Like

Chores will always be there but your baby is only a baby once. Good luck finding the perfect balance :heart:

1 Like

She won’t be a baby long. Hold her , love her .You can clean house another day.

One year or one month?

My daughter swaddled her babies
That seemed to help

Seriously one month old, enjoy your baby snuggles they don’t last long!!! Housework can wait!!

1 Like

Mayb a small baby tri pillow in her bed.

Difusser with lavender oil

Warm bath and a soothing massage

Lavender baths. Oil on a blanket

Put her to bed before she falls asleep

The more you hold her while she naps the more she will expect it

You will blink and she will be 21 :heart:

Try a double knit or flannel sheet in her crib…the cool woven sheet sure doesn’t feel like warm momma!!

1 Like

Welcome to parenthood. My son was like that few years.

Take one of her blankets and put your scent in it, swaddle her in it.
#HerSay

Part of being the mother of a new baby

Let her cry herself asleep it won’t last to long

See a doctor maybe she hurting somewhere just saying :heart:

My daughter in law swears by sleep sheep

My son always slept in a vibrating chair while I was doing chores…

Is this a one month old or one year old? I had one that never slept and one that slept all the time. You’re not doing anything wrong. I used to put my non-sleeper in a backpack (or front pack depending on age) while I did chores. To help him fall asleep I took him on car rides or placed his car seat on top of the washer and dryer while they were running. Feeding them carbs makes them sleepy.

Sleep with her when she sleeps.
Let the house work slide.
You can do that when she is awake.

Perhaps if you warm the sheet before you put her down. A heating pad maybe? Just a thought…

1 Like

Get a glove, fill with dried beans or rice and when you lay baby down place glove on them… the weight of it will make baby think it’s your hand…

1 Like

do you have a tape player so you can play quiet soft music… use it while she is awake and sing to it… and she will hear it and get used to it… then take it in the room… and play it while you get her ready for bed… make sure she has been fed… is warm and dry… or cool if its hot… and play the music… a little at a time that may help her relax… soon you will be in the habit of having the music on and she will hopefully go to sleep just keep it low… and soothing music

Try white noise. Dark room.

Oone month or one year old?

Can I laugh…
I mean she’s 1 month old…

I sat and held my son and sang to him until he started to doze. Didnt put him in his own crib until he was 8mths old but once he did I started using this everynight. He is now 2 and I still use it. Also we have an Alexa lightbulb in his lamp that we have set to blue at 5% that we leave on all night. Hes been sleeping through night since 8mths old

Hold her for as long as you can before u know it she will be grown up!!

1 Like

What worked for my daughter was the routine: A warm bath, warm nightclothes, then feed her snuggled in my arms, she’d fall asleep ASAP! When I put her down, I’d stay and rub gently rub her forehead, never failed, she’d sleep nice and cozy through the night.

1 Like

I found with my daughter it was the warmth of me then the shock of the cool sheets, so put a heating pad on the mattress put it on medium. Then just as you go to put her down pull the heating pad off and lay her on the warm spot, and of course shut off heating pad.
But it sounds like she has you trained that if she wakes up you go get her, ild let her cry it out if she’s fed, clean diaper and burped she may need to just lay there till she realizes your not going for her

Hold her and rock her to sleep. She needs that. The chores will always be there :wink:

I’ve seen myself up in the middle of the night, pushing the pram round my town for a few miles, before she fell asleep again. Most of the walk had a pair of bright eyes staring at me, while I sung my way through all the songs I knew, from artists like Dire Straits.

Put her down pat her bum /nappy keep behind her so you are not in her line of vision and rhythmic say shh shh shh shh first time will take twenty mins next it will be less

So you said 1 yr old and 1 month old. Depends if she’s 1 year old, I would just put her in crib and cry it out. But if she’s 1 month old you gonna have to hold her or try a few things to see what works I wish you the best though

Keep her awake more in the afternoon she will be ready to sleep at night

1 Like

A heart beat bear worked wonders for me. Swaddle them even if it’s warm. Cool the air a bit so baby can be swaddled for a few more months. Cuddle her and leave the chores. They grow out of this stage very quickly. We always told one another, this too shall end The great moments end too quickly. Cherish where YOU are when breathing quietly while coming her. Congratulate yourself. Talk to yourself and remind her how great you have done. This isn’t easy but love gets us through the tough times. When you’re a grandma you don’t even remember the sleepless nights. When I do, it’s only.to say I wish I had not been so hard on myself. And that my baby is going to not need this act from me at some point. Whether it’s burping, diaper changes and rocking. Too quickly our kids no longer need us to burp them. Change them or rock them…I hope you slow down and make these moments etched into memory knowing you spent time telling her stories of her grandparents, how loved she is and why, how the world is better because you two found each other. Time well spent is not time spent doing chores.
In those much needed quiet time for mom moments try using heartbeat bear. Put one of.ypur t-shirts on it. Baby will smell you and hear “you”. There are white noise settings on those bears too. My grandson had a lamb. After my husband died it helped me fall asleep so I can attest to the calming affect it has. Good luck.

Keep her against your breast shee wii sleep all knight long break her in the day

Have you tried a swing

Maybe a noise machine will help……

She’s a month old??? :joy::joy::joy: good luck!

Love the good chores that the Lord has given you :pray::heart: they won’t last long :thinking::pray::pray::pray::heart:

Welcome to parenthood!

Put her in her swing

My son is 6 months he fusses but he sleeps through the night. My only struggle I got him used to having a bottle Everytime before night time. I would suggest u feed her try to get her to sleep at ur pace and make sure u use that crib. Cause day time naps count. So she has to sleep in her crib

Try to wrap her so she feels snuggled n put your shirt next to her. So she can smell you. I did this with my son and it helped alot

I had a similar issue, wait until she’s good and asleep to move her. Also try placing her on her side? Do you swaddle? My baby hated being swaddled and it took me awhile to realize that.

Don’t stress yourself nether baby just rest together and let her feel your present that make her later in her life strong and healthy . Letting your baby cry isn’t a good mental health later on . Don’t let her feel abended

1 Like

Welcome to parenthood :joy:

2 Likes

Sleep Training. Cry it out method

Bring her for a walk if shes walking not a long one but fresh air helps

Letting a baby cry itself to sleep will only make her insecure. Weather your baby is 1 month or 1 years old this is the fastest stage of development and your household chores will always need doing. Take this time to enjoy every moment of your precious baby. Give her as many kisses and cuddle whilst she will let you because once she reaches a certain age you will miss it. I have a 4 month old and she wants to be held all the time, sometimes I put her in a sling and do light chores with her on me.

5 Likes

This is so hard for an exhausted new parent. From the babies point of view, they have been wrapped within our bodies for their entire existence. They were used to our heartbeat, body heat, movement and breathing sounds. They have none of that comfort when laid in a crib and they probably feel exposed and scared. Going from your warm arms to a cold crib is enough to wake her. I always found a swing helpful. Tuck her in snug to prevent flailing arms. Also, a good baby carrier can help you to get your chores done and keep her comforted. Hang in there, she will soon adjust to the outside world :slightly_smiling_face:.

8 Likes

Bobbi Cox what was you stradedgy

A swing or other moving baby holder

1 Like

Sounds like your stressed out and bub is feeling your emotions…try napping with bubba and relax a bit more

For the first 6 months of my sons life he cried non stop … I was told it was colic but actually he was milk and soy intolerant… anyways if he would sleep when I rocked him … I rocked him… he loved being swaddled but most of the time when I actually got him to sleep I was so tired I just went to bed or relaxed… house was a mess and I didn’t even care… you will have plenty of time to clean soon enough :woman_facepalming:t3:

Stop holding her to put I think Sandra Perez I think she made a good suggestion but the baby’s only a month old they really don’t sleep well through the night mine used to go to sleep and I used to vacuum under their crib and any and everything they don’t wake up for nothing maybe you keep the house too quiet I know in the olden days they used to unplug the phone with the piece of sponge in the doorbell and then the least little bit of noise they wake up

Swaddle the baby in blanket that have been rubbed on you bare skin…. If the baby is just a month old she needs to feel that closeness. If the baby is a year old you can try literally placing in crib checking on baby needs periodically close to nap time with soft toys…. You have to remember it’s hard for them to communicate…. So try laying them in crib fed dry and a few toys to play with also rubbing belly while laying there or gently patting bottom….

Just cuddle them as they need it! Swaddling works, swings were my saviour for just even going pee lol. Chores will be there babies they will not be babies for long so take the snuggles! I would put them in the swing and get some things done while talking or singing to them doing what needed to be done. I vacuumed carrying them around. Lots of ways to get stuff done.

1 Like

My son would only sleep while swaddled! They have these awesome swaddle that have a little weight on them to replicate a mother’s :raised_hand:

She is testing you… and she win.:joy::rofl:

Get a sling! That’s what we had to do with our now 4 month old. He still loves going in it now!

Welcome to parenting honey good luck it won’t last long so enjoy the cuddles while they last, that baby won’t always want you up her butt then it’ll be your turn to cry lol

Sounds of a heartbeat in the womb

Put them down awake let them fall asleep naturally if you have fed and changed little one they need nothing more both mine had a routine from 3 months slept like angels unless they were poorly or teething still never changed routine it’s about consistency

You can get sound machines that have heart beat, white noise, etc. And maybe a swing in the living area so you can keep an eye but still be a normal adult! This worked for all 3 of mine. Also, keeping your home a little noisy is always good… that way your not whispering everything and doing dishes as quietly as possible! Good luck mama! You got this!

Try starting with a routine. Bath time,massage afterwards with lition,lotion, then bed.This took 4 nights for me put in bed after clean eaten and changed yes they may cry some 1st nit wait 5 minutes to go in if crying,second night wait 10 minutes add extra 5 minutes each night til u work up to 20 to 30 minutes reassuring that they are ok no changing anything like that.W mastered this in 4 nights. From then on he slept thru the nite.U can also try giving maybe an extra ounce or so of milk to help them be fuller longer

She spoiled i love the babies bt let her cry

Put a heating pad on low under the sheet of her crib play a human heartbeat in the crib with her on an ipad or sound machine. Worked perfect for my newborn daughter suffering from the same problem

Wrap her n arms up in a blanket while u are holding her till she falls asleep n then put a clock that she can hear it tick cause it will sound like ur heart beat . She will stay asleep till she is hunger or needs a change .

Let her cry. She’ll fall asleep. It’s hard when they do but I had to do the same with my son. It only took a few days and he got the hint. Sounds harsh I know.

She needs to self sooth, as long as she cries and you respond, (I know it’s hard) its cause and effect
Let her self sooth, if it’s not life or death or hungry etc. Let her cry, shell realize that you arent going to come everytime if it’s not important. Before anyone says I’m being mean or cruel, it just needs to be done. I hated it, I’m sure you will to

1 Like

Swaddle her and also an old t-shirt or something with your smell on it in the cot will help!!

1 Like

Chores will always be there tomorrow. I’ve your daughter today. Don’t be In a hurry to put her down.

So is this baby 1 month or 1 year?? I am confused.

5 Likes

Buy a baby some noise machine like heartbeat or melody… it’s helps!!

Get a bouncer or vibrating chair

For 1 month thats pretty normal. Things will start to go back to normal eventually but babies that small seem to rarely sleep

1 Like

Girl mines 10 months and does that it’s completely normal I said screw chores if people want to see a clean house they can clean it them selfs

4 Likes

A baby swing does wonders

1 Like

I would recommend a sling or you can get a weighted blanket and a heart beat machine to make it seem as your their as well