Should you have a second baby shower?

Every baby should be celebrated. Your friends are acting shitty.

You might have crappy friends. :pensive:

Celebrate that baby! I had a shower for both my kids; they are nearly 7 years apart (and different genders) so I didn’t have anything left. BUT even if they were less than 2 years apart I would STILL have the shower. Every pregnancy should be celebrated. Tell anybody telling you that you can’t have one or the it’s “wrong” to eat a bag of dicks

Sounds like your friends suck, its to shower MAMA AND BABY whether it is the 1st or 2nd or 12th…tell them what you expect they dont have to understand it and its not greedy at all

you do whatever the fuck you want

I guess everyone is different. I didn’t put any of mine together, but I had a baby shower with both of mine(almost exactly 2 years apart girl and boy). Both sides of our family put one together :blush:

I had a baby shower for my first. Then another one for my second. My second was my husband’s first. I kept all of my big items and clothes from my first. So second was more of a sprinkle.

I am! I suffered a loss between pregnancies, and someone offered to do one for my rainbow baby, but then went MIA, so I’m planning it myself with my husband and I could absolutely care less who thinks what. I’m CELEBRATING every baby my body carries to term

My family throws one for every baby. It’s a reason for us all to get together to celebrate.

I only was given one shower and it was for my 5th child …:heart:

Sounds like you need new friends. It is perfectly acceptable to have a shower for a second child. Especially if you didn’t have one with the first one, or it’s been years in between!

Do what you want! I had 2 bay showers for my 1 baby…# life is to be celebrated

You have a shower for the first and a sprinkle for the ones after… :slight_smile:

I am having one for my new baby a year later. If they don’t want to participate then whatever.

I’ve just had my fourth baby and I never had a baby shower with any of my others but did with this one, but even if I had of done with the others my last baby was 8 years ago so I wouldn’t have anything from previous baby lol

I’m having my 5th in july… it’s my boyfriends first but we are having a shower. No one has acted like it’s a crazy idea :woman_shrugging: it’s your pregnancy to be celebrated!

If you haven’t had a shower i definitely would. My mom said you usually have one for your first and then if you haven’t opposite gender next time it’s okay to have another or if it’s been years since the first. But I’ve also known people who had one who 5 separate kids lol. And if anything maybe a diaper party. Where everyone brings you diapers. You always go thru those things and can’t keep those around like cribs and swings and such.

Do want you want to do, don’t let anyone influence you

Definitely have a shower for all babies there something to celebrate every last one :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Every child deserves to be celebrated.

I had my second during the pandemic and didn’t want to do a shower. But I did a lot of painting while I was pregnant and we were in lockdown. So I did a fundraiser where I auctioned all my paintings off on Facebook to raise money to buy the baby things I didn’t have. I. Kept the crib and the stroller and some other things from my first but we lived in a small house so we couldn’t keep everything.

Uhm I have 4 kids and had a shower with the first 3! I didn’t with the 4th because her and my 3rd were close in age so I still had what I needed. There is not limit on how many baby showers you can have. If THEY don’t want to come to the baby shower then they don’t have to :woman_shrugging:t3:

100% yep! Go for it. I did and I will again. You celebrate that baby and screw everyone else. :woman_shrugging:

If they’re mad are they real friends? If tou want to have a shower, have one

My mom and grandmother insisted I have a baby shower with our second(currently 33weeks along). In my case I didn’t have a first shower either(due to our first coming 2 months early).They decided to throw something small with mostly family. If you need the help with baby supplies etc I suggest throwing something small like a baby sprinkle and maybe just do a diaper raffle. It’s better to throw one and have everything you need and risk that judgement than to worry about your baby not having enough.

Yes,…each and every baby can/should have its own baby shower.

I had one for each kid. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Of course you can have one! Every baby and mommy deserves to be showered with love!
Do a diaper shower! Even if you have all the baby stuff you will need diapers!

Look at it this way; since you didn’t have a shower for your first baby this is technically your first baby shower. Do you have family around you? I’d invite my family and not include the so-called ‘friends’.

Never heard anything like this before, why would you not celebrate the first, second or fifth child. Have the baby shower xxx

I dont belive in the second shower,i never had the first one,my work place gave me one with my second.my family never gave me any thing,when i got married ,are had my 2 children,even though they were 13 years a part. So i want buy any present for any one,except my grand children.

It’s your baby and your business. Second, get a new friend

In my culture, Hispanics throw a baby shower for each baby and yes even if they are on the 5th baby. We are celebrating the baby. And things expire like cribs and car seats.

I had a shower for all 3 of mine…but only because it was so long between them. I had my 2nd when my 1st was 6 and then my 3rd when my 2nd was 4…sorry but I wasn’t about to keep everything and carry that nonsense around with me for 10 yrs (time between 1st and 3rd)…girl have ur shower and make it a big one, especially since u never had one for ur first…p.s.those friends suck

Your friends should be happy to throw you a shower. I went into labor on the day of my baby shower with my first daughter, so my friends were so excited to throw me a shower for my 2nd. They don’t sound like good friends

You should not feel guilty for that. Every baby deserves to be celebrated. They sound like shitty friends to be honest. If you don’t have a shower have a sprinkle.

Your friends sound like a-holes…js