Should single mother's celebrate Father's Day?

I did when I was a single mom

Celebrate with your child and your dad!

You absolutely can my dad was a single father and I tell him happy mothers day and happy fathers day w cards and gifts etc when you have to play more than one role you can dang sure be recognized for it

3 Likes

Yes! I always make sure to send my girls that are single mummas a card on fathers day! They are doing double the job and deserve to be appreciated for it!

1 Like

No your not the Dad.

3 Likes

You can but makes no sense . Mother’s Day was for you .

12 Likes

Yes you are taking on both roles. I did when I was a single mom.

1 Like

You can if u really want to but i wouldn’t personally . Do what u feel tho xx

I think mother’s Day is for all the mothers out there and the daddies who are taking care of the kids their self without a mom deserves to be recognized on mother’s Day and on Father’s Day it should be the same way with the mom celebrating Father’s Day

2 Likes

Women are mothers and celebrate Mother’s Day. Men are fathers and celebrate Father’s Day. Unless your kids are small and made a gift at school, why would you accept a Father’s Day gift?:woman_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

Not at all. Just remember you are mum and dad to them :purple_heart:

1 Like

I do. I’m both mom and dad to my 1 year old

2 Likes

No its not weird. I think it’s awesome

2 Likes

… are they a father?

That’s not unusual at all!!! Perfectly normal, coming from a single mom of 2 kids

3 Likes

I always call my dad on Mother’s Day.

1 Like

I’m a single mum to two girls they get me mother’s and father’s day presents as i play both roles since there father not around

3 Likes

No not weird. We celebrate Mother’s Day with my dad for years now. :joy:

2 Likes

I’m a single mom and while it does require alot more work but that doesn’t mean I am also father. I can never be one. The same as a single father can never be a mother. There are gender dynamics for a reason. I think it’s kinda offensive for women to try to take that day away from the men who actually step up and do their jobs as father’s, they’re the only ones who should be being celebrated.

19 Likes

I was a single mom for several years. I never celebrated fathers day for myself. Thats just stupid :woman_shrugging:

17 Likes

I told my kids it’s “kids day!” And we are going to the park, lunch and swimming. Kids need a day too and it’s a good reason to spend the day together.

12 Likes