Should I not buy my daughter so many Christmas gifts due to COVID?

Buy what you want for your daughter. No one else has the right to make you feel bad about buying gifts for your little one. Ignore them!

your child, do what you want!

I’d say get her what you usually would. BUT if you do Santa Claus please consider limiting what he brings. Maybe tell he he could only bring her 1 or 2 things (lower value gifts) due to the pandemic. A lot of parents are struggling this year and those high $ gifts won’t be making it to all houses. It is hard to explain why he gave 1 kid a $500 gift and another child got coloring books and crayons.

Some people need to mind their their own business. What you buy your child isn’t directly tied to the hot mess of a year that was 2020. If you can afford to donate to some kids that are less fortunate, it’s a nice thought, but you absolutely shouldn’t feel bad for giving your own child a good Christmas.

69 Likes

Don’t listen to other people , your child does not have a thing to do with this virus … giving in to other people will not stop it…Give and be thankful you can …and that you have a sweet daughter .

Dony listen I have gifts put up for Christmas 2021 I look for great bargains I bought jewelry that was worth 40 to 50dollars for 2.50 to 4.99 at Macy .and I spent 6 to7 dollars at khols
And I dont care what anyone thinks or says I just know I am able to give nice gifts. At a very low price

You do what you want. Your child, see her joy, only little for such a short time. Also may want to taken an angel off a Salvation Army tree, let her shop with you for it. Teach her feeling of giving.

Do what you want, don’t listen to what others have to say, they are probably pissed because you can plan ahead and provide for your child better than they can their own!!

Buy your kid as many gifts as you want. Its your life

Give your child the Christmas you want…it’s YOUR child and she’s little for such a short time…this virus isn’t her fault…

Make your own decisions regarding your dghtr. gifts. You work for the money and sound responsible. It’s your money, your business!

You do whatever you want for your child! What do others think you should do?

I say buy what you want, I do. Especially if you are shopping smart and getting great discounts!

Buy to your hearts content.

1 Like

Buy what you want to buy.

It’s your daughter go crazy if u want I do lol

Do what is in your heart and receive what God blesses you with.

Whatever makes you happy go ahead besides you will spend your own money

This is the dumbest question I’ve ever read.

Your money your business.

Do what you want to do!

I say YOU DO WHATS BEST FOR YOUR LIL ONE!!!

Go ahead and buy whatever you want

Do what you want to do :pray:

Get her whatever you want!!!

Honestly, you do what you want. Until they take care you and family. They have no say, enjoy you and your family. God bless

Do what you want to do.

People are stupid…celebrate Your way

U know buy what is good for u

Do what makes you happy!!!

Your daughter, your business

You work hard 4 ur daughter buy her things what she makes happy :heart:God bless

I think people need to mind their own fuckin business your child your rules so tired of people telling moms what they should and shouldn’t do

You do you boo!!! Forget the rest!!!

Get whatever you want

It’s your money Do your thing

Tell those people to stfu and mind their business it’s your only baby spoil that baby

If you have planned and budgeted for it. Go for it. These kids have had a shit year…if you can cheer her up with gifts DO IT! The ones mad probably dont plan or budget and that isn’t your problem

Don’t listen to other people

you do what ever you want

No body’s business!!

Do whatever you want.

Do what is right for you

You do what you want for you’re little girl. They’re only young once.

It’s none of anybody’s business how much you get for your daughter. I’m spoiling tf outta my kids, corona virus or not

1 Like

Do what u feel right fuck every one else

Fuck no! I’m going huge this Christmas! These kids need a win this year!!!

Buy what you want to buy for your baby. Honestly its nobody business but yours. My kids will be having as close to a normal christmas as possible, so that means if i decide to go crazy then thats what ill do.

2 Likes

Do whatever you want. I have 9 kids and they get to make a top 10 list. They usually get all 10 things or up to $100 worth of their list items, then i get outfits, their stocking stuffers usually have toys, candy, jewelry for my girls and cologne for my boys.

2 Likes

In I’ll. B mumy are 6 with special needs and ,5

Your child buy as you please .Who are they to tell you what to buy i know what id tell them .

Get her whatever you want. Its nobody else’s business.

if you can adford to buy extra presents then go ahead, you habe to understand its a rough year for them too… plus what i did last year to be practical is buy homeschool stuff and stuff to keep them entertained

Get them whatever you want. Don’t let other people dictate your life.

1 Like

Do you and forget others sounfs like they hating on u

Do not worry about what other people think, if you have the means to make chrimbo special for your munchkin, after whats been a real shitty year, then do it! With the new gifts to play with, maybe there would be some old stuff you could pass down to someone less fortunate, then you get to enjoy the gifting twice :slightly_smiling_face: Do what makes you happy, not what others think you should be doing x

It’s your money and your child ! No one else’s business !

1 Like

My daughters dad once told me I shouldn’t get her as many gifts for her bday because I was taking her away for the weekend. So I spent more on the principle. Totally childish but yea. I won’t be dictated too.
Xmas is completely your choice. Only you can decide. With santa I do say a small gift is from him. Something magical/special but cheaper. So last year she got a filled lol balloon.
Its your money, your child, your choice. You shouldn’t have to be dictated to

After such a horrible year my kids are getting the most christmassy Christmas ever they have handled stuff kids shouldn’t have to handle and they have taken it so well and deserve everything I save to get them if people don’t like that thats their problem enjoy your Christmas x

4 Likes

Mama if you want to get your little princess lots of presents then do it you budget your $$$ for everything else so if you want to go all out for your baby then do it.

1 Like

You do you and don’t pay no one mind to what they have to say, that don’t know what’s you have going on if you can afford it do it we’re still doing Christmas the same this year as last

It’s your child lol. I have 4 kids and I started in July. And I’m almost done. I’ll be dammed if someone other than my husband tells me what to buy MY kids. Lol that’s crazy

1 Like

Get her however much you want. She is your child, it’s your money and nobody elses business. Christmas is the only thing we have to look forward to this year! Make it magical and screw the haters x

2 Likes

Covid has taken so much from everyone this year. Like f**k is he taking Santa from me. (I mean them :joy:) you buy those pressies, you wrap those pressies, you celebrate like you’ve never celebrated before with your babies cos 2020 has been shit & deserves to go out with some happiness! X

Every year it’s the same people complaining and saying parents should only buy their kids one or two gifts because not everyone can afford Christmas like others can. Fuck that nonsense. It’s not my fault if my neighbor can’t afford Christmas like I can just like it’s not their fault if they can afford it better than I can. Do what you want with what you have. Your bills are paid. Who has that kind of time to care about how other people spend their hard earned money? Not me.

Sounds good to me! If i was you id do what your doing!

Buy as much or as little as you like :woman_shrugging:t2:

Do what you want to do and what you can afford. Screw what everyone else thinks

Your money you child… others might have problems with finances, you don’t… that doesn’t mean you need to follow what others say… i personally wouldn’t be buying anything for mine because my husband was out of work for 3 months and the day he was about to start the job, lockdown happened… that doesn’t mean i would tell others not to buy gifts for their kids just because i couldn’t…

Pft do you work for your money? Yes , do you have all your bills covered yes so spend what you please on YOUR child x

1 Like

Oh I hate when negative people project their personal finances on others. If you can afford it and you want to spoil her especially after the hard year then you do it and you tell everyone else to f*** off. We were going to do a small christmas but then changed our minds because I want him to enjoy his last christmas as an only sibling and esp because of the really stressful year. I am due 3 weeks after christmas so we want to spoil him.

1 Like

Nobody has the right to tell you what to buy or how to treat your child for any reason. If they don’t pay your bills or feed your child, they have absolutely no say whatsoever. I plan to spoil my babies tonthe best of my abilities this christmas

1 Like

Whoever is implying or telling you that you should only get one Christmas gift for YOUR child is overstepping. Get your child whatever and how many ever gifts you see fit.

2 Likes

That’s crazy. Sounds like they are upset about their own situation and projecting. Get her what ever you want. I’ve always tried to limit what I give my daughter from “Santa” if you do that just because I understand other people can’t do as much and kids can be cruel but I go all out as much as I can too and she just knows it’s from us.

DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT. It’s your kid. Nobody else’s opinion matters. Do what you want and tell them to piss up a rope.

1 Like

Don’t! Do what you want, especially if your bills are covered

People get grouchy every year covid or not. I buy early as well. Its nobodys buisness what you get your own child if you can afford it then do it. :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Why would you feel bad? If you’re doing okay financially, then buy whatever you’d like for your daughter.

Coming from a single income household, I’m still going to do what I can for my kids for Christmas and my sons birthday. I don’t care if it leaves me broke until my next paycheck :woman_shrugging:t2: people don’t like seeing others do well. That’s your child. Buy out whatever toys r us is still around and call it a day.

You do what you feel is right and what you’re able and willing to do for yourself and your family. Everybody else can keep their opinions to themselves.

Do what you want. If you can buy her a bunch of gifts and necessities are still pay for then buy her how ever many gifts you want

That’s up to you how many presents you want to get for your daughter. If you can afford it then do it. Yes this is an unfortunate time for a lot of people but you don’t have to feel bad about that

1 Like

If you can afford than do it

1 Like

Just because something is not right for one doesnt make it wrong for another. You do you.

Your child - your choice.

1 Like

This isn’t anyone else’s business or decision. Your child,your money

2 Likes

I’m starting to buy Christmas gifts in 2 weeks, and if we get a second stimulus check I will spend it all on Christmas for my husband and 2 kids. My husband’s job is essential and im a stay at home mom with a small side hustle. The bills are paid and we are very lucky. Christmas is a HUGE deal to me and im usually done shopping for everyone by the beginning of November. I dont plan on taking it easy this yr or doing anything different really. Im very sorry that, that might not be the case for everyone, and I’ve already started donating toys, some almost new, to the churchs around me to help contribute to other peoples christmas’ but it still doesn’t change that my kids will have their typical Christmas. 100%.

1 Like

Do whatever you want that’s what I’m doing dont let others feel bad

1 Like

This is exactly why I don’t discuss these types of things. I don’t care what anyone else thinks. You’re planning ahead, you’re budgeting. That’s called being a responsible adult. Not many do these things and are very offended at the ones who do. But the gifts. Wrap them. Enjoy your Christmas with your baby. If nothing else, stop caring what anyone else thinks! If they don’t pay your bills or feed your family, their opinion doesn’t hold ground.

4 Likes

why should you feel bad? Get your child what you want to get your child. It’s honestly nobody’s business. On the sly, if you wish, eliminate one gift and gift a less fortunate child. Your world should not come to an end when others struggle. Don’t set your kid on fire to save someone else. Feed a family, make a holiday meal basket for someone, but give from your heart, and give in the dark. Shine your light where only you can see it.

Buy your child what you want. But if you really care about underprivileged children then buy some gifts to donate to Toys for Tots. Or adopt a family through the Salvation Army and make a family’s holiday.

My opinion, its your money, its your child, you do whatever you want to do. Its your business and only your business. Keep your home life as normal as possiable.

1 Like

Why should you feel bad? If you can do it do it, don’t let this crisis ruin you ability to make your child happy, especially if you can afford to. It shouldn’t matter what anyone else thinks it’s not their family. They may be saying it to you though because their situation isn’t as good and they are mad about that.

Buy what you want for child. Spoil her. I plan to do it with my kids. This year has been tough for everyone. The kids deserve it.

1 Like

You are doing just fine keep it up.

1 Like

Why do you give a fuck what people think? Do what you want!! :blush:

What? This is a bad year for everyone if you mean stress from worrying about getting sick but not everyone is having a bad year financially. Things are a little uncertain so maybe make sure you have savings just in case. Other than that, do you. If you can afford to do Christmas as usual do it.

1 Like

If you can afford it, why not?! I’ll be getting my kids as many Christmas gifts as I can. I am hoping on Christmas we can just have fun together with their gifts and forget about this crazy year!!

1 Like

U shouldn’t care what people say if u want buy her gifts then go ahead and buy them I have 6 children and 14 neice and nephews and 1st grandchild on the way and I budget threw out the year and they still get presents I’m still buying my lot. It is totally down to the parents not anyone else…

I’m buying for my grandkids this year too. One thing I am doing is trying to find gifts to keep them busy while they are stuck in home like craft kits and games. Keep my daughter in law sane lol.