Should I let my daughter go to her friends party?

I don’t trust anyone anymore. I’d need to go with my daughter if it was a overnight thing at a water park. Call me Karen, idgaf

5 Likes

Let her go!! She will be just fine! Plus she’s making great memories :heart:

1 Like

You think you know people (ADULTS) but you REALLY DON’T KNOW who people (ADULTS) are behind closed doors. Do not trust people with your child. These are bad times to live in

6 Likes

Water park is ok but not the overnight stay. Sorry I dont even trust adults, especially adults you don’t know. But if you know her friends parents then maybe. Adults are Monsters.

6 Likes

No sleep overs :rofl::rofl:was the death of me

4 Likes

My house is also the land of all teenagers :joy: our boys rarely want to go to a friends house but all their friends come here. When they do decide they want to go to a friends house, we let them.

2 Likes

Your anxiety limits you but don’t let it limit your children. You need to get over it. Let her go.

4 Likes

Why don’t you go to the water park with them and midnight curfew at the friends house? My kids already know overnight stays aren’t gonna happen. :woman_shrugging:t4: they’ll survive.

2 Likes

If other parents are letting their kids come to your house why can’t u let yours go… teach her safety tips and what to do next. Make sure she has enough cash on her and trust she will be okay

5 Likes

If it was my place I’d say yes, but I won’t allow my child to have sleep overs at anyone else’s house

1 Like

Let her go especially if a few other girls are sleeping over.

4 Likes

Why don’t you just pick her up really late??

1 Like

You need to meet these parents. You need to question them. You need to find out EXACTLY WHAT hotel or what ever. Ask if you can come by and see how their doing. You really should let her go if all flags are green. But you need to talk to her about everything before she goes. I hope she has a cell to call you from if she need to. Never trust anyone with your child teach your child to be intelligent common sense and honest street smart. My home was the place all the kids came to .However I let some of the wrong kids come around kids that had no parent supervision. I felt sorry fir them as my daughter did as well. MAJOR MISTAKE! only let your kids be with the kids you know are headed ona healthy path a happy path. It’s sad but your kid your kid is the only kid you need be concerned for. To an extent Im sure you get what I’m saying. My daughter got caught up in some not good situations could have destroyed her life she’s married to a Drm is a nurse and has 2 honorable sons. It was scarey for a while though! Guard like an Angel!

2 Likes

Don’t let your issues cause your daughter to miss out on life

10 Likes

My mom never let me go to any friends houses growing up. And none of mine could come to my house bc they were “disrespectful” to her things. The one friend I had over one time, when I was a freshman, got yogurt on her leather couch and she FREAKED OUT. it was so embarrassing, I didn’t want to have anyone over anymore after that. Anyway, her never letting me do anything growing up, really effected me. I went to school, then home. Always. I never got to form relationship with my friends outside of school and I think that is the main root behind my social anxiety now. Don’t do that to her. Make sure she knows to stay safe and she has a way to contact you if she needs you. I know it can be scary, but I promise. You don’t want her to miss out. :white_heart:

9 Likes

I see where you’re coming from, but at the same time you’re keeping your daughter from having great experiences because of your paranoia and anxiety. How do you think she’s going to feel missing out on these opportunities because of her mom’s fears? If she’s a teenager then I’m sure she has a phone to check in and call you if anything is wrong. Keeping a teenager locked up doesn’t always have a lot of positive outcomes

1 Like

If you know the parents -cut one apron string. If not go to the waterpark and pick up your daughter afterwards.

2 Likes

I would want to have the other parents contact information, and touch base with them in advance about the details. I would also talk with my child about behavior expectations and safety. But at age 13 your kiddo should be able to go and have fun. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Do you know the parents? Do you have reason to believe the children will not be safe with them OTHER than your anxiety?

2 Likes

I would need to know the parents for a very long time as well as anyone else that lived in the house before I let my child sleep over. I know too many people who were sexually abused as children by a father or brother and other person in the house. Sleep overs were not part of my children’s childhood and they did not miss out on anything according to them.

2 Likes

You are the mother …go with your gut …if it don’t feel right then don’t allow it

2 Likes

If my child will be staying with a friend I always make sure to meet the parents, if I don’t already know them and be sure to get their cell number. I experience the same anxiety when my kids are not home but I usually fight the urge to make them stay home because I have separation anxiety. So, I would let her go unless you have a very good reason to feel it is not safe.

3 Likes

i would paid ofr my tocket n my overnight stay n have her sleep with me.

1 Like

There are waterparks already open?

I feel you Mamma., hugs x

I saw comments about ma’am Kathryn Edwards on how she helps people, so I decided to contact her and I’m glad I did that all thanks to Redirecting...

1 Like

I can’t explain how you make me feel right now the joy in me is unexplainable I have made a lot for the past weeks through Redirecting...

4 Likes

I saw several people testifying for making so much money in crypto with the help of Mrs Kathryn Edwards i decided to give it a try, now I’m so happy i made the right choice to invest in his trading platform because i make good income more than my monthly salary. If you’re interested message her via her FB name on how to get started

4 Likes

Many people today are ignoring of forex trading.with the right account manager you can make huge profits, Mrs Kathryn Edwards has proven to be one of the best forex traders out there and she is willing to help anyone turn their finances around the same way she did for me if you invest your little money your profit return with out no risk. You can contact her

5 Likes

Yes! She’s growing up and this will be a great trust exercise for both of you. My girls have been having sleepovers for years and they’re 13 and nearly 11. My then 12yo went to Spain with her best mate for 2 weeks last year

3 Likes

I don’t let any of my kids spend the night anywhere​:no_good_woman: but I let them go to the parties, just pick them at “bed time” :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

One thing I learned is that giving up is never an option, the mistakes I made took me to where I am today. I never thought that trading on bitcoin could solve and satisfy me financially, but I give all the credit to ma’am Kathryn Edwards .The account manager who helped me, contacting her was the best thing I did kindly write to her directly for more details about investments

3 Likes

Wealth comes from a very different source Investments. Here, take a look at a pretty graph that puts in chart form what little effect saving money has over your household wealth. The upshot is, it’s not about how much money we have. Wealth is, a direct byproduct of what we do with that money. That’s what enables early, invest with Kathryn Edwards to be financially Successful…

2 Likes

Investing and getting returns is what I ever wanted, I finally found the right manager Mrs I advise y’all to contact her below and start trading with her amazing platform.
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

2 Likes

Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive, train your mind to control Up your loose emotions or someone else will control then along with you contact her for more details :inbox_tray::inbox_tray:
:point_right::point_right: Redirecting...

2 Likes

If i enjoy this privilege all alone, it shows how ungrateful I’m because I got this opportuenity from a post here as well and saw recommendations too. All thanks to the good work of :point_right::point_right: Redirecting...

3 Likes

𝙸𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚖𝚊𝚣𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚓𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎, 𝙸 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 Kathryn Edwards 𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 Redirecting...

2 Likes

Wow so much spam on this thread alone!

I started earning the day i took the courage to invest in her platform… now I’m glad and looking good because I’ve found the best Platform… you can also monitor your trading account and make successful withdrawals as well… contact Mrs Kathryn Edwards for more information and start making money online…
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

2 Likes

ɪ ᴡᴀs ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴀᴄʜɪᴇᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ ʙᴇɢɪɴs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴄɪsɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʀʏ. ɪɢɴᴏʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏ sᴏ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴏᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴜɴɪᴛɪᴇs. ɪ’ᴍ ᴀ ᴠɪᴄᴛɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴡᴀs ᴄᴏɴᴠɪɴᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴍʀs Kathryn Edwards sʜᴇ’s ᴀɴ ᴇxᴘᴇʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʟᴇɢɪᴛ ᴍᴀɴᴀɢᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ sᴏ ᴍᴀɴʏ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴛᴇsᴛɪᴍᴏɴɪᴇs ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ʜᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ ᴘʟᴀᴛғᴏʀᴍ. ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀᴄᴛ ʜᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ʙᴇʟᴏᴡ
:point_down::point_down::point_down:

2 Likes

Do you know her parents well? If so I would let her go see how she gets on. Have her be in contact with you frequently and that will put your mind at ease she’s ok.

I saw some testimonies weeks ago of how ma’am help people through her platform thank ma’am Kathryn Edwards for her kindness for helping me and my family through her Bitcoin trading platform I will remain grateful to her you can invest with her
:point_down::point_down::point_down:

2 Likes

Now i believe in stock trading after withdrawing my profit through the help of Mrs Kathryn Edwards, I really appreciate all her effort and support thanks to her…benefit from her platform just like me all you need to do is to reach out to her, you can contact her on Facebook by click on her name below
:point_down::point_down::point_down:https://www.facebook.com/Kathryn.Edwards.15

2 Likes

I’m so excited now I can at least pay my bills and take good care of my family.Thank you ma’am Kathryn Edwards for you have brought happiness to me and my family Redirecting...

Believe is essential I gave you my trust and you didn’t break it,you’re who you said you’re, I will keep letting people know about your good and guaranteed business Redirecting...

I just want to say a very big thank you to your company for the transparency. I had doubts at first but seeing I got paid I deemed it necessary to share with the general public and to let them know that you can be truly trusted in crypto trading thank you Kathryn Edwards click on the name below to get in touch :point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Too young to stay over night

5 Likes

I think you should have a chat with the parents but let her go, you want her to have fun and not miss out :slight_smile: I normally think how would I feel if it was the other way around? If my daughter was having something and invited some friends but someone said they couldn’t come but it wasn’t because they’d plan she’d feel sad and me as a parent would be sad for her obviously would understand and sympathise with the parent but still feel sad for my child.
Does she have a phone and she could send you updates? Or give you a call before bed? X

2 Likes

Sounds like a fun . Have the girls been friends for a long time and you already know and trust the parents ?
I let my teens stay with people I knew reasonably well not with parents who were strangers to me

Let her go. It will be a fun time for her. She deserves to make memories with her friends.

3 Likes

Yes, you should let her go! It’s a big step for you both and I can almost guarantee the regrets on both sides if you don’t let her go.

4 Likes

Let her go. Does she have a cell? My house was teenager central still is. I can’t get up and find a teenage boy on my couch all the time! I prefer them being here too BUT they need social skills to survive in the world. They need new experiences. Cell phones are handy! They have Life360 on their phones. We have raised 5 kids. The 3 oldest didn’t have all the apps like Life360. They knew the expectation was to check in. The younger two still at home- we FaceTime them, text and call periodically while they are gone. They too know the expectation is to check in. Also you meet parents first before sleep overs occur.

She needs a break from mom. And, I’m sure all the other mom’s feel like you do (land of the teens), yet they trust you. Gotta give sometimes. Is it more you don’t want to be out of that position of control? IDK - just kinda what it sounds like to me. If you know her friends and their moms and they’re all awesome kids, you have to ask yourself why YOU alone are ruler of the land of the teens.
On the side, if you keep the thumb too tight, she will eventually squirm to break free. Her friends get a break from their folks by invading your home - give your daughter the same luxury (not to say anything about you as a parent - we all need space at times).
Plan a date night or adult girls night while she’s gone! Take yourself to dinner and a movie or go get pampered at a salon or spa. Use that time for a hobby you enjoy or take a long bath and settle in with a good book and a glass of wine!
Be awesome for both of you!
(That being said, I’d still talk to the other mom and make sure there will be some kind of supervision available -not 200 adults directly on top of 15 girls all day and night - but some supervision available both at the park and home, just incase something COMPLETELY ACCIDENTAL happens and an adult(s) is necessary.)

If there won’t be boys sleeping over I see no issues 13 is an age where having sleepovers is perfectly appropriate and healthy within reason. My #1 questions would be who is the adults(s) in charge the #s I can reach them at and no boys allowed to sleepover or my daughter can’t stay the night.

Honestly I probably wouldn’t let my Son go. He’s 11. If I ever have to worry or second guess my decision I wouldn’t allow it. I go with my gut feeling. If you personally know these parents and trust them that is different. But for me my circle of trust is very small and my children goes nowhere unless I :100: know and trust the parents. You can never be to safe. If I where you I would go to the water park and let her have fun, and maybe talk to the parents while you are there and see what the plans are going to be for the sleepover.

1 Like

Do something about the spam in here, its ridiculous!

If you know and trust the other parents then yes. I used to have so many teenagers in my house I would have to step over bodies rolled up in blankets like sausages just to get my coffee. My daughter explained she was grateful my home was open to friends but she sometimes wanted to go to their homes or do activities with them. I had to be reasonable and as long as I trusted the parent, they could go. Single Mom of four (now adult) daughters.

1 Like

Take the leap and let her go.

My last salary was $ 18947 for working 22 hours a week online. My sister’s friend now has an average of 16,000 a month and works about 20 hours a week. I couldn’t believe how easy it was when I tried.

For Details >>>> https://cashfaizza31.netlify.app/

Don’t make YOUR anxiety HERS. Let her go.

8 Likes

Absolutely, she should go. She needs and deserves time away from home.

1 Like

I would let her go. Trust me i get it tho. My 14 yrs son went to Europe for 3 weeks(music prodigy). I knew he was taken care of but it was still so hard for me. Even 1st night i was so worried. You will prob be worried when you dont really need too sometimes that means your good mom

Is it. Chaparoned ,. Or. Well. Supervised. It’s. not Paranoia you. Said. You. Were. Suspicious! but Being. Careful. Is. no. Crime! If. your kids. Are. Careful. Themselves I’d. Give. Leway? Let. them. Have. Fun

If you feels uncomfortable go to the water park with them

Let her go,ask her to ring before bed,u will be fine lv

1 Like

I mean if you know the parents and trust your teen then you should definitely let her go. Teens need time like this so they can grow, my parents/grandparents didn’t let me go places when I got older… and I resented it because I was making good grades and never really got into trouble at all. Like someone else said, don’t make your anxiety hers.

3 Likes

Your anxiety is your problem! Don’t make it your daughter’s problem! Let her do as she wishes. It’s her life. At 13 she should be allowed to decided if she wants to go . Let her choices be hers. You need to let go!

4 Likes

Don’t make your anxiety your daughters issue … let her be 13 please.

4 Likes

So I can respect ur position with sleepovers! I’m not a fan either! However, how does ur daughter feel about it? Is she mature and good at communicating with u? She understands stranger danger and can swim? She has a voice and uses it? If yes to these above questions, then I’d consider letting her go if it is more ur anxiety than hers

2 Likes

Get a minute phone if she doesn’t have 1 , even if the minute run out you could still call, also adults numbers, room number and a couple of the friends number :woman_shrugging:t2:

I know exactly how u feel! I have the same anxiety wen my daughter asks to sleep out. I just explain to her and she will have a little huff about it and does eventually get over and shes safe so job done. Alot of parents are going through exactly the same and only say yes if you are totally comfortable with it xx I dont think I will ever be ready to let go lol it’s the society that shes growing up in that makes me uncomfortable.

Yes. There will be other adults there. So let her go.

2 Likes

Let her go. Let her have a good time.

2 Likes

Absolutely no way I would let my child go. alone Not a fan of sleep overs at all. Go with her.

5 Likes

Let her go. It’s a group of them together she isn’t the only one there and if she has a phone she can call you or txt you.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t let mine. We do not do sleep overs in my house

1 Like

Letting go is the hardest thing you will ever do!!! Try not to project to our anxiety onto her. I had to let my teen go to Italy with a class group​:grin::heart:

1 Like

As long as her friends parents will be there I don’t see a problem I’m a total helicopter mom but trying to let my son grow lol

3 Likes

How many adults are going to chaperone? How far will they be from home? Will they sleep outside or inside a building? Is it a mixed party or just girls? What time are they leaving? What time are they coming back? Can I go to help chaperone? I would want the answers to all these questions before I even considered it. If I didn’t like the answers, I’m afraid my daughter would be doing something else that weekend.

1 Like

Let her be 13. Your anxiety isn’t her fault or her problem. Emsure she has a way to contact you in case of an emergency. Be her excuse of she’s uncomfortable. But, she’s 13. She needs to be able to trust herself and be comfortable in the world around her.

6 Likes

Say yes to the water park no to the sleep over. Compromise… I don’t let ours do sleep overs unless I really know the people and even then they are more like family than friends when I do let them sleep over somewhere else… the world is crazy and I refuse to let what happen to me happen to them if at all possibke

4 Likes

Let her go. Let her have fun.

1 Like

Trust me when I say that you should send your daughter to the party. My mom refused to let me go anywhere if she couldn’t control the situation. That meant, no skating parties, no sleepovers, you get the point. It got to the point where people stopped inviting me, and I ended up resenting my mom because of it.

2 Likes

My parents wouldn’t let my sister and I do anything, birthday parties sleepovers after school events you name it, it made it really hard for us to make freinds and feel like we were accepted. Don’t let your anxiety stop her from having fun and being able to have that it isn’t fair to her as long as she is safe and has a way to contact you let her go and have a good time

4 Likes

She shouldn’t miss out because you have anxiety and sounds like you have some form of separation anxiety

2 Likes

If you refuse to let her go you are taking away her chance to be independent and most importantly her self esteem- it’s so important at this age. Don’t be selfish, let her go.

3 Likes

I let my kids go to all the parties because those are their friends and having memories besides school is important. If you feel uncomfortable but yourself a ticket to the water park and go chaperone.

3 Likes

Let her go. She is 13 and needs to start learning to be independent.

1 Like

Ask her if she even wants to sleep over. I know I wasn’t that fond of sleepovers as a child. I always ended up calling my mom to come get me. As long as their is a adult supervision, I don’t see a problem in letting her stay if it’s what she would like to do. She is 13.

1 Like

Please don’t be that parent. I dealt with that and it’s the worse. When your kid has no friends just remember that is on you and your controlling behavior.

3 Likes

For younger children I don’t like sleepovers and such. But at 13 that’s old enough to be able to navigate a sleepover. I suggest having a cell phone and regularly checking up on her. There’s a reason so many kids nowadays have zero street smarts and that’s because they have helicopter parents. Children need freedom to learn independence. The world is a scary place and we want to protect our children but a lot of parents dont realize how detrimental they are to their children’s growth. She isn’t a baby in fact in 5 years she will be an adult. It’s time to prepare her for that. A lot of parents aren’t doing their job and giving their children independence and they end up being adults who can’t thrive.

4 Likes

Maybe you could let her go but also do check Ins by phone… all she has to say is hey mom everything going good…if she doesn’t say that then you know to go pick her up…or use a code word…it’s a scary world out there. But we still have to allow them to grow up…

4 Likes

Let her go and have fun. Don’t let your anxiety keep her from living her life. I know anxiety sucks but it will be ok and she will have a blast and make so many fun memories!

Yes, she needs to go. They will never grow up and learn how act on her how if you never let her/them out of your sight. What was you doing at 13, was you home all the time.

1 Like

Let her go!! You’re over sheltering her and if you don’t start to loosen them apron strings a lil now, it’s possible she’s gonna go wild at her first taste of freedom

2 Likes

Let her go to the party

1 Like

I let my kids go to all the parties because those are their friends and having memories besides school is important. If you feel uncomfortable but yourself a ticket to the water park and go chaperone.

2 Likes

I would be assuming that the birthday child’s parent or parents would be there. And is it an all girl’s or boy’s party or a mixed one? Plenty of things to know about first. They do need memories. Show a little trust.

3 Likes

It would be a bummer if she missed it. Especially if she is a good kid and deserves to go.

3 Likes

Let her go if she wants to. Not fair to put your anxiety on to her. That’s like punishing her when she’s done nothing wrong

3 Likes