Safe deodorant for kids?

OK mom’s I need some help. My 8 year old smells like BO. I was concerned because she is so little but her pediatrician said that it is more common than I thought. She is very active and plays a couple sports so on those days I smell it a little more but even coming home from school it still lingers. What are some safe deodorants for kids that you have used or would recommend.

3 Likes

Can’t compete with unicorn sparkle! But have her wash her pits with soap and water in the morning and as other possibilities she can use any deodorant vs. anti-perspirant and be safe. If she doesn’t need to shave under her arms, even deodorants should be O.K. I like the crystal rock deodorants, either the kind where you wet the crystal to put it on or already dissolved in a roll-on.

1 Like

I bought the hello brand unicorn sparkle from Walmart for my 8 year old. It’s aluminum free and not harsh at all. :slight_smile: and it smells really good.

1 Like

Sometimes BO at a young age can be caused by health conditions. If she isn’t going through early puberty, and the BO is still strong after changing her hygiene routine (baths 1-2 days, and non aluminum deodorant) I would suggest a visit to the pediatrician.

1 Like

Check out Tbh. It’s geared towards kids and teens

Had a few friends suggest Native deodorant. My 9year old is the same way. For now we are just doing more frequent pit washing lol.
But when it’s time I will probably grab that brand or Toms. As long as it’s a deodorant and not an antiperspirant and is aluminum free.

1 Like

Lume works amazing. Can get it at target or on Amazon. Even the unscented works amazing

1 Like

It’s very common to start getting BO at that age having taught classes. Some kids truly stink. If your Dr has ruled out other conditions, then regular pit washing and a simple spray might be easiest.

Whatever you decide make sure it’s aluminum free. Lume or Toms are really good.