Potty training advice for 18-month-olds

My other question is for mommas with little girls my 18 month old has been potty training since age was a year old she is now 18 months old we take her every 20 minutes night and day and every time we take her it’s not long and she potty in her diaper and then pulls her diaper off we have tried training underwear and all she still pees in them and takes them off and goes im wet im wet and crys like we have tries earthing from letting her go naked letting her have her own potty space taken her potty when we potty and everything but she strips her clothes off in public she ripps her diaper off in public and all we have tried everything she dose have her 18 month apt next friday and she gets her shots then Also I plan to talk to her pediatrician about it

8 Likes

This child is not remotely ready. She hasn’t been potty training - you’ve been training yourselves to take her to the potty.

I’ve potty trained four kids, and when they are really and truly ready, it takes literally a few days. Take a break. She needs it.

18 Likes

My 3 kids wasn’t potty trained until right before 4 years old. Your child is not ready and pushing it on her is just gonna make it harder.

10 Likes

What… I couldn’t even imagine potty training my 16 month old right now. :flushed:

1 Like

One of my kids no issues right before the age of 2 my second was 3 my 3rd is currently 3 and no interest in it so it’s all based on the kid can’t push it

4 Likes

She just simply might not be ready. Wait a bit, then try again. I tried to start potty trained my 2 1/2 year old today. When I tried to take her to the potty she screamed like she was terrified, so we decided to wait a week or two, then try again. With my boys it was just a few days of accidents in underwear and they got it, might be different for girls. Good luck!

I think 18 months is too young. Give it time. She is obviously not ready.

3 Likes

My daughter wasn’t ready until she was almost 3.

2 Likes

She isn’t even 2 yet.
There are boldly feelings/cues that they also need to understand. It’s not all about just taking them to the bathroom.

2 Likes

God sake let ur baby be a baby she’s clearly not ready, I worked in nursery for 17 years and ususally potty training starts around 2.5 years and can sometimes be right up till kids due to go to school

Ummm shes not ready :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Take a break. Try again when she is 2. You trying to rush her isn’t going to make her ready any faster. Take a deep breath and relax.

All of mine (5) were diaper free between 16 and and 21 months. The diapers have to go. There will be wet panties at first,but that is ok.it helps them “feel” the accident so it can be prevented in the future. Bottom free at home.plastic covers over panties in public. Potty chair in the mini van ,always pee in the pottychair before we go in a store/appointment and when we come out. It is possible and all my kids are proof.it just takes diligence and planning

3 Likes

She’s just not ready yet. It goes much smoother when they’re ready.

1 Like

I would try again when she’s 2!

Yoi cannot potty train a one yeat old

1 Like

Miranda McQueen :woozy_face: imagine trying to potty train Luke rn? Lol

Relax and take a break, obviously not ready

Not ready yet , nothing you can do

You seriously said “earthing”?

She’s clearly not ready. At all.

You’re making it harder on all of you pushing it, especially that poor lil girl.

My 21 month old isn’t close to being ready

3 Likes

She is only 18 months! Relax mom

3 Likes

18 months to young…no concept…

Is she off the bottle? If not then get rid of it b4 trying. Limit her beverage intake, leave her on the pot til she goes(had to do that to my brother ar 3 y.o.). Nothing to drink 2 hrs b4 bedtime.

You can’t force your child to be ready, all you’re doing is causing issues in the future. She will ne anxious. I’m close to my 4th child coming soon. I’ve done this 3 times. Forcing it will not work. Some this young can but generally they are older. Stop pushing.

1 Like

Also are you seriously waking her every 20 minutes during the night. Your paediatrician will not be happy. Stop immediately

I started potty training my daughter on her 2nd birthday on a Monday, no diapers at all when training started by Friday she was done, no bed wetting no accidents, my son was 2.5, I personally think boys are harder

She’s just not ready.

My first was pretty much potty trained before age 2 with occasional accidents.

My second is 2 1/2 and is still no where near ready. I do put her on the potty, but she has yet to go (she is however special needs.)

1 Like

She is confused because you take her potty " every 20 min" probably makes her focus on that when her little muscles and brain just aren’t developed enough yet. Maybe a suggestion would be to just both relax 6 more months and not focus on anything to do with potty training. Let her be a baby and you a mom. If she pulls her diaper off just chalk it up to things toddler do. Most little ones conquer potty training by age 3, but each one is different and letting them take the lead almost always works.

Pediatrician isn’t going to help you with forcing a child that isn’t ready to potty train…

Prayers for baby in Jesus mighty name Amene. Be sure to thank Jesus for her deliverance and.miracle healing Amene