My son constantly claims he stinks...advice?

Anyone else have a teen son who claims they stink all the time? He said he showered 3 times and still smells himself. he knows how to clean. We’ve had in depth conversations. He just smells lol. What can I do for him? He’s 230 lbs and over 6ft and plays football Help me help him

6 Likes

Dose he actually smell or dose he just think he smells? Maybe try a different scent of deodorant. Does he have any other weird habits? Could he have OCD?

If you’re going through a weird amount of conditioner or lotion… He may be doing other things.

Take him to his dr. It could be a number of things. Hormones, thyroid, Hyperhidrosis- If his dr rules out anything medical, then you’ll know that maybe you need to switch up your laundry detergent, and get him a better deodorant.

8 Likes

Is it him or his clothes? A lot of athlete clothes retain smell over time. Also, if his clothes are sitting in the washing machine wet or not dried all the way they can get a smell to them too.

1 Like

Lume deodorant
It is technically for women but it is amazing! My wife has hyperhidrosis and this is the best deodorant she has ever found.
I’m sure it would work for men as well🤷‍♀️

3 Likes

My son went thur this musty stage. Thankfully it didn’t last
Dr. Squash soap helped a lot while we were dealing with it.

I found Mitchum 24 hour deodorant (white stick- NOT gel) helped my sons odor…. I could always smell him… tried all types of body washes/ deodorants and that one finally helped. Most places run out of fast so I’ve been lucky to find at Walgreens

It could be a fungal infection like yeast. Try using tea tree oil soap, if not it could be hormones, diabetes, thyroid, all sorts of things that a Dr could help figure out.

1 Like

Dr. Squatch soap, deodorant, and cologne.
They smell great, and are long lasting.

5 Likes

Does he actually stink or does he THINK he stinks? If you don’t smell what he smells, maybe consider talking more about what he smells and what he wants to smell like.
You might want to consider a doctors appointment either way. If you can get to the root of the problem, it will probably be easier to solve

Does he smell to you or just himself? If it’s just himself I’d take him to the Dr. If it’s everyone maybe he needs to change soaps, deodorant, cologne, etc.

5 Likes

Strong long lasting scents like axe or old spice. Both have body wash, deodorant, and sprays. Have him use it all.

Teen BOYS are going to stink and sometimes it’s literally terrible. This is not a medical issue. It will get better. But good high quality products.

Lmao — he’s showing 3 times a day for a different reason. He just found out how it works :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hormones, my daughter was TERRIBLE, luckily she’s outgrown the stink but still sweats a lot

1 Like

U need to get a deodorant with 20% aluminum in it… my husband used to literally sweat all down to his stomach… he used the high aluminum deodorant and hardly sweats…

See if you can get a stronger deodorant through the dermatologist

1 Like

Good antiperspirant talc body spray good antibacterial body wash x

I know a grown man with this problem. He started shaving his pits and it helped.

1 Like

His diet and hormones can play into it too. Dr squash soap and try to get him in to be seen to make sure it isn’t medical like thyroid and such.

Antibacterial soap, Lume for butt cracks and any other folds or creases. And Degree for arm pits.

Possibly fungus infection if he’s a big boy

His diet and what he eats can cause some odors

1 Like

Baby powder will soak up moisture

He’s 230 lbs and over 6 feet. He’s still in the obese range. Which means likely the smell is coming from where sweat and bacteria is hiding in his folds. Get him to wash the folds. Also have him use deodorant. If that’s not enough, maybe a light smelling cologne, nothing too strong.

Deodorant, and he might smell but it’s a teenage thing for sure. You have all of those hormones and ish going. He’ll grow out of it. Maybe have him put manly lotion on lol.

I worked with a man that had a medical condition where he had a bad body odor,

Diet can greatly affect body odour, maybe look at what he’s eating

1 Like

Where is the smell coming from? Like what part of his body?

Dr. Squatch is the best I’ve found, it works with the men’s natural smell and works all day…

Order him Mando shopmando.com works great for odor

The reason people smell is because of germs and bacteria. If you smell yourself wash with hibiclens soap. Leave it on about 5 minutes then rinse it off. It’s kinda expensive but it works.

He could have a vitamin decency