My potty trained child has started having accidents: Advice?

It’s sad but sexual abuse will present like this but I would take her to the doctor first and have them check her out.

6 Likes

I know this may sound crazy but have you recently changed the type of toilet seat you have? When i was little my parents changed from a hard surface toilet seat to one of the foam like squishy toilet seats and apparently it freaked me out so bad i wouldnt go to the bathroom at all. Kids are weird about weird things sometimes

1 Like

Could be something happening that is new in your/her life that is causing this to happen.

1 Like

Go back to a timer where every hour they have to sit and try.

Sexual abuse can show up like this.

4 Likes

Comstipation can cause pee accidents

I’d get her checked for a UTI

1 Like

Is there something causing stress ? Check out the daycare

1 Like

I’m going through the same w my 4 year old but #2!

She could be constipated

Set a timer. Kids get distracted with tv and tablets

Take her to the dr first
My daughter is doing the same thing, took her to the dr and everything was fine aside being a little red from sleeping in it a few times. Remind her to use the potty every 2 hours and it can also happen if shes constipated

I hate to be that mom but there could have been something that happened at those places that make her scared too. My toddler was doing so well with training then just kinda gave up bc he went to use a big potty and his butt fell into the water now he refuses to use big potties

Overreactive bladder ? My sister had that

Maybe she is letting you know that she does not like day care?

1 Like

You can sell the damn brat to the Gypsies for $25.00 …

Could be a medical issue, or she could have been assaulted. That can be a sign of assault.

1 Like

It can also be a sign of adhd or autism

Sounds like there’s some kind of issue going on at your mom’s house. Trust your instincts. Something is wrong.

2 Likes

Get her to a doctor!!!

Take her to the doctor for a check-up. There could be a health issue.

1 Like

Sounds. Like a. Child. That’s been. Malested

Shes 3, theres nothing lazy about this.

Following. I believe Its a behavior thing. My oldest son has been potty trained since 2. At 3 he started deliberately peeing in his room. On the dresser, bed, toys, sisters crib, closet. He’s now 4 and were still dealing with it. Its mostly when he gets sent on timeouts he decides to pee in his room. Dad said were not stopping timeouts so 🤷 :roll_eyes: idk what to do either.

1 Like

You have to make them go potty often at that age. It doesn’t happen at daycare or school because they take them to the bathroom at structured times of the day. You need to too. They get caught up so much in playing that they have an accident. Also go to the doctor and get checked. No they aren’t being lazy either. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m assuming it’s for attention. Now I only say this because you said she doesn’t do it at school or anywhere else besides home and grandma’s… does she have any younger siblings? I’d just constantly be reminding her to go… And or making her try.

1 Like

As someone who worked in the daycare setting, there is always a routine that is followed it’s “diaper changing and potty time”. If it’s not occurring during school time, it could be a matter of scheduling. If it were any of the other scary issues mentioned, it would be happening everywhere. Ask the school what their schedule is and try following it.

With the preschool and daycare the children can’t tell time and they do become distracted very easily. You have to remind them it’s “potty time” “break time”. In most cases these settings change diapers and take those trained to the potty is every 2 hours. Also, children are not allowed to drink (bottles, sippy cups ECT) throughout the day. It’s with their meals and snacks. They don’t have them during Naptime. It might be that she is drinking more throughout the day. Practice the drinking schedule and nothing 2-3 hours before bed. Good luck

Is she pooping regularly? Constipation can cause this.

As can a uti.

This is also a symptom of sexual assault

9 Likes

My girls were big on Cocomelon, so when accidents happen I remind them, “When you get that funny feeling, way down low, Stop What You’re Doing-- and go go go!”

1 Like

Toddlers have so little control over what happens in their lives. They do have control over their bladders so maybe she figured that out. Maybe reward her using the potty with choices. Give her control over something else.

Ask what is going on at daycare

Its the inly thing she has control over when everything else in her life is controlled by others

Look into regression

Audrey Walters Adair

Time for visiting with the Pediatrician. Could be a NUMBER of things… Just have to weed them out. Starting with weeding out a medical issue. Best of luck…

First I would take her to the doctor to make sure there is nothing physicaly wrong its always best to be safe than sorry when something is majorly out of the norm if something has changed at school daycare or home it might be psychological cry for help in some way as far as how to handle it after ruling out physical problems I would kneel down to eye level tell the child calmly I love you is something upsetting you ? How does it make you feel when you wet yourself? Does it burn when you pee? Ect ect but I would make her clean herself and her clothing if to young to start wash ect I would give minimal assistance example would be she carries the the soiled clothes to wash and puts them in you pour soap and do the settings she makes an attempt to clean the floor from pee you do the actual good mop afterwards

Could be something affecting them at daycare, School, home etc that’s causing it. Have you been to doctor to check for UTI or other medical reasons.

First of all have her checked out by doctor. I have seen young ones responding to the stressful environment around them and others responding like that to get attention.

The child is 3 lol ofcourse accidents is normal :joy: you are being extremely too hard on a 3 year old!