My kids destroy everything they touch: Help!

Have you tried parenting?

5 Likes

Get a switch it got my attention. It only get worse then it will be to late.

8 Likes

I know this situation. If it helps, I can tell you it disappears at puberty. But now I know why my own parents would tell me to “go outside and play”. Then they didn’t have to deal with us kids and if we were wandering around the neighborhood on our bikes we weren’t likely destroying anything. It’s not an option so much for today’s parents though, unfortunately.

4 Likes

Have they been evaluated my oldest was like that destroyed thing in my house all the time was on constant watch at others home overstimulated he has adhd even keeping him busy and entertained didn’t fully help

1 Like

Make a chore list ,keep them busy

2 Likes

Sounds like y’all just let them do whatever they want and zero discipline whatsoever not only do they need multiple counseling they also need medication and maybe new parents if y’all don’t start disciplining it’s gonna get a lot worse

4 Likes

Stop buying them stuff

6 Likes

First of all, I’d find a different therapist. There very well could be some underlying issues. Find someone who can and WILL evaluate them for ADHD, ODD, ASD etc and go from there

3 Likes

I haven’t read through the comments yet so if I repeat anyone’s suggestion I apologize. Why not make a smash day/messy day! Pick one day a week or so, to break things, make mud balls with a prize in the center and let them take a small rubber mallet to whack away at them or stomp them or slam them on the ground… let them just destroy! Have a washable chalk paint fight (you can find easy cheap recipes on Pinterest), let them just go crazy. Have them smear Elmer’s glue all over their lower arms and hands, let dry, then let them just chill while they peel. Maybe that will give them something to look forward to and let out all that destructive energy. Find things easy to clean with a broom or water hose. Sometimes kids can be fickle turds and the more you reprimand their ornery actions the more they want to do it. You can even try fix it days, where you get a family puzzle, larger sized, and have everyone help put it together, glue down the pieces together and hanf it on their bedroom wall. I wish you the best :purple_heart:

There doesn’t seem to be any consequences if they destroy the house. You could take away other things (like a video game console) or have them wash the dishes, do an extra chore, ect. Also, let them play outside instead of buying them toys until they can learn to play with them right.

1 Like

Sounds like no consistency in discipline

1 Like

I Grew Up Being Disciplined. Spankings Scolding Losing Out On Sleepovers At Friends Houses.No Television

2 Likes

I agree with not buying no more toys nothing until they can treat their things n u with respect

4 Likes

Boys in general are hard on everything even if they don’t mean to be clothes shoes toys electronics just everything a therapist can only do so much as the therapist for recommendations to a psychiatrist to get them tested for things like add/adhd odd and other things like that because having a diagnosis of something maybe an underlying factor to the problems they are experiencing and for the little ones it maybe monkey see monkey do type of situation but it won’t hurt just to get them all tested I’ve also learned if a child has such diagnosis as add / adhd punishment to them seems alot longer then what it really is so they either get over it quickly and move to the next thing of destructive Behavior or the kid will shutdown I thought this was interesting when I got taught this by a psychiatrist so you only have a window to actually teach if said child isn’t on medication because thier brain won’t hold that attention for to long

Let them play with the broken toys if they don’t want to play with the toys they broke thats their problem and maybe itll teach em to smarten up, don’t buy them anything new for a long time, get others involved in your plan too so your family and friends know not to go and buy them anything new.
What would be a wake up call is giving them nothing for Christmas.
Have you tried any free programs like cadets or something that they can fill there time with? Id recommend it. I was a routy teenager until i joined cadets and that gave me a wake up call, feel like it would have been beneficial to have started sooner

1 Like

My daughter did this. Broke toys, cut her expensive dolls hair off. We realized it was because she just thought "there is more where that came from. So we took everything away except her bed, bedding, and clothes. Made her earn it back. She still doesn’t have access to her play room, where a majority of her toys are. We stopped buying her stuff. We explained that none of that stuff is things we are obligated to provide for her. We only have to provide a roof over her head, food, clothes, and an education. She is much better with it now, but it’s not perfect. Don’t beat yourself up about it, but don’t let them keep having things. It’s not teaching them anything.

8 Likes

No advice here but I totally feel this!! I’ve pretty much stopped buying toys for my daughter because literally every toy she touches she tears up!

2 Likes
  • Buy them toys that were meant to be destroyed

• blocks only for a while

• get them some of those cool excavation kits. They can literally hack away at the sand to find the bones and stuff inside

Gotta work around your kids interests sometimes. Don’t make them fit into a box

6 Likes

Good ole fashion switch picking…I’m sorry but these kids these days think everything needs to be handed to them and they can destroy it and mom or dad will fix it…that’s not how the world works…I have 6 kids and they love to push boundaries (especially the boys) my 5 and 2 yo are getting to the stage of “what can we get away with” the answer is nothing! They get 2 warnings then a hand on the bottom…if they laugh they get it again…my oldest are great kids, do good in school or great job…stop teaching kids there aren’t repercussions for bad behavior

17 Likes

It’s call a Ass whipping, it’s called discipline !! 

stop buying them toys until they learn not to destroy the ones they have … and make sure family and friends don’t send any toys for Christmas , Birthday’s, Valentine’s Day , Easter

3 Likes

Why are you buying them toys then Don’t buy them anything?

4 Likes

Sounds like they need a parent and some discipline

9 Likes

Maybe they’ll be mechanical engineers…? :woman_shrugging:

Maybe look for a toy that is meant to be taken apart and put back together. If they want to see how it works and then maybe they can learn how to fix it. I’m sorry, I got nothing.

2 Likes

My youngest son was destroying everything. Nothing worked that I tried. So I started making a chore list. N with each chore there’s money. But what he broke he had to replace with HIS money. My daughter was a soap waster till she had to start replacing soap she would waste. With that n disabling them I can safely say they no longer wanna destroy or waste.

1 Like

Trip to the woods head

1 Like

could they have ADHD? might want to talk to your docotor

1 Like

Look up consqequence driven discilpine. This gives them a real life consequence. Also make sure they arent overstimulated too by ensuring tight routines that they can follow on a visual board and a strict bed time routine. The key to whichever method you follow is consistency. If you say “if you break this toy im taking away all of your toys” and you dont follow through then they know they can walk all over you. Since their behavior may lack discipline and structure just know it will be an uphill battle. Sit with your husband and create a plan of scenarios and stay consistent. It wont happen overnight but if you are consistent things will slowly change. Maybe think about stopping to purchasing more toys. I know some parents who didnt get alot of toys as a child overcompensate with their own kids but this can cause more harm than good. For example, my son is 5 almost 6 and i always get compliments that my son doesnt cry in the store for a toy. This is because i created a routine that every time we go to the store we spend 30 minutes in the toy isle looking and touching everything. In his 5 years i have NEVER walked out with a toy. In his 5 years i have NEVER bought him a toy un less it was a holiday or birthday. My son has no expectation to receive a toy at random because it has never happened. If he breaks a toy then we have a conversation about being careful with our toys and maybe santa, the easter bunny will get you one or you might get one on valentines day or your birthday (whichever holiday is next). Most often i will replace the toy on holidays but sometimes i wont because he is now interested in other things.

5 Likes

Crazy thing called discipline and consequences.

8 Likes

My older three were like this when they were little. Basically I had to step it up and start cracking down. They eventually grew out of it. I only buy toys on a birthday, Christmas, or they use money they earned and that helps a lot with the mess and overall-spoiled attitude.

4 Likes

I would’ve done got mad. What kind of consequences have you already applied?

My kids were never like that, so I have no personal experience but I firmly agree with spankings. When I was younger and I did something I KNEW I shouldn’t have done, best believe I got a smack. Not super hard, and not a bunch at a time but just enough to get her point across. I don’t know if you’re against the spanking but it’s what I would do with my kids. Good luck mama and I hope you can figure something out

4 Likes

My younger two girls are the same way! They get it from their dad. He’s rough on everything. They can be so destructive and make the biggest mess after mess. My 4 yr old is freakishly strong and has broken their bedroom door twice. I hope you find a solution cause I’m lost . My oldest was never like these two.

My son was the same breaking toy and ripping paper drawing on walls throwing things stamping feet
But I noticed it all calmed down when we did more with him and it was more when his sister was over and stuff now he knows he can’t do this stuff and will keep getting sent to his room with nothing but will be rewarded and braised for good behavour and also now he is older and the brother & sister bond is back is great & also we have got him to pick a theme for his room to do his room up and put less in it and we have seen a difference in that also xx

1 Like

My little one breaks all-sorts when she’s in the house but I spend 90 % of time with her outside.

Consequence discipline is good. If they’re older try the pocket money one.

I didn’t read all of the comments girl, so this may have already been said. It, REDIRECT them, their attention and energy. They have kid safe tools online and “toy” that go along with that can be built or created and then repeated multiple times. Maybe they want to see how things really do truly work and I did see the idea about old electronics and sets that they can take apart and put back together or sets they can create without getting hurt, destroying anything of yours or of value and without knowing they are doing something they aren’t supposed to do, bc at that age they seem to get a rise out of that fact alone lol I understand a little of what you are saying here, but no one understands completely until they are in your shoes or your home. Just know you are doing your best, keep your head up and this too shall pass, it may pass like a kidney stone but it WILL pass and this season will be replaced with another one that they test your patience with eventually. We don’t get a handbook on parenting, girl we just figure it out as we go. It’s obvious that you want the best for your babies and that you are truly trying every avenue to figure out how to improve this situation! Sending you good vibes and hugs! Also, child behavior and tension from misbehaving or from the struggle of feeling like we are failing at parenting and at our wits ends, is hard on a relationship/marriage too. I’m glad you and your partner are on the same page, stay on the same team and brainstorm these ideas together. Although kids don’t realize the strain they are putting on you solely but also your relationship possibly by making the home situation so rough right now, they do seem to get a kick out of even negative energy attention just because kids are kids are they are just looking for a reaction of any kind… if you have to walk away and gain your composure before addressing something they have done, try not to let them see your emotions of extreme exhaust or upset and I also think that may change their direction some too! Girl I’m a nobody who’s knows 0 about parenting my 3 children… 5,3 and 2 months also, we wing it, we love them, we try to keep them safe and we try to do our best to help them develop into wonderful, responsible, respectful and blossoming little beings, teenagers and then adults! You got this! We are all rooting for you! :purple_heart: :pray:t2::innocent::smiling_imp:🫶🏻:muscle:t2: oh and it’s ok to need a break sometimes if possible, possibly a date night or even a quick lunch date out of the house IF POSSIBLE. I know people tell me that sometimes and it’s just not that easy, but don’t forget about you too momma, you can’t pour from an empty cup, take care of yourself and your mental sanity too!
:tshirt::dress::high_heel::purse::cut_of_meat::shallow_pan_of_food::spaghetti::ice_cream::cake::coffee::clinking_glasses::wine_glass::cocktail::champagne::fork_and_knife::lipstick::lips::nail_care:

1 Like

Chores, sports, exercise waking up early extra classes

1 Like

Sounds like they need a good old fashioned ass whooping! Problem solved!

It really boils down to finding what disciplinary measures work with them and consistently applying those measures. There are a lot of great suggestions here.

Just don’t give up. If you do, those kids will be uncontrollable in just a few years and they’ll be looking at a lifetime of misery because out here in the real world, they won’t get away with that crap.

2 Likes

I’m hoping this post is possibly fake because even the thought of these children growing into teenagers and adults and roaming society gives me goosebumps behaving like this. I have three children age 17 and under and we are raising them pretty close to the old school ways just like our parents raised us. They were also pretty hyper but they never destroyed my house and are very respectful while at other’s homes.

3 Likes

The leather strap will solve all that nonsense

6 Likes

Slap on the hand or ass.

Structure a routine. Plenty of exercise. No toys let them play tag and use imagination. Definitely do not doubt yourself. It’s hard being a parent.

3 Likes

Melissa Pearce lots of good advice in here! I know your boys aren’t that extreme but still some good advice.

Attend FAMILY counseling TOGETHER.
A therapist will not only help you to all figure out workable solutions but will also support your mental health as a parent who is struggling through hard things.
Go to counseling together as a family.

2 Likes

Honestly explain to them the value of an object. Also if you’re referring to their own toys, tell them if they take care of it they could actually share their toys with their future children.

Lack of early structure/routine and discipline. Along with minimal stimulation and depending on how many kids you got, probably not enough attention. They do it cause it gets a reaction out of you and attention. And cause they know they will get away with it and you will just replace it.

3 Likes

Stop giving them the toys they’ll learn real quick to take care of them

2 Likes

Jfc. Some of y’all have never seen a kid who is under stimulated. Or one who is lashing out.
It’s either they’re acting out, because of something or they’re simply bored. Get them things to build & tear down. Things they can take apart & put back together. They break a toy? Don’t buy it again.
I have 3 kids. My 6yo & 2yo are constantly on the go. We live in an apartment in the city, so playing outside doesn’t happen much when their dad is at work. When they’re bored & looking for stimulation, sometimes they break things. If that happens, I find them something more active & they’re fine. If they’re being rough with a toy & I warn them that they’re gonna break it, I leave it alone. If the toy gets broke, it’s on them & they don’t get another one.

Get them evaluated also. ADHD & autism can cause this.
Don’t start spanking now. It’s just gonna make it worse.

3 Likes

This is likely the reason we were sent outside to play and given the rule to be home when street lights came on. Made us want to stay out til then like it was a challenge. :smile:

3 Likes

I would do crafts to make them realize the time it take to build things, play-dough, box forts until they behave them selves better. At 8 they should have understanding of money. I would also get them into sports to run that extra energy and give yourself a break. Be consistent about acceptable behavior and times out. Watch supper nanny she gives great tips

a belt on their ass would stop that.

Supervision and teaching right from wrong. If it’s because they get worked up they need another way to vent. I bought my son a punching bag when he was young, he was a very hyper child. Couldn’t leave him alone for a minute, the other kids were good, well my 5th one, my last daughter was also hyper, but we dealt with that a little differently.

Find a neuropsychologist. Or child psychiatrist.

1 Like

stop buying toys put them i karate they will be competitive, learn discipline .respect …toys bore them! give them reason the park is not enough!

6 Likes

My kid has always been far bigger and far stronger than other kids her age. She’s 6’ tall at 17. Her dad was very careless and destructive by nature too. She could tear up anything. She had no motor control of her strength and was careless. She is less so now, but still a bit fumbly. Some people are just uncoordinated. Others like to break stuff. This is normal for kids.

Welcome to parenthood :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Kids love attention and they’ll do whatever it takes to get it, whether that be positive or negative. In this case it sounds like your kids have found a pattern of behavior that procures a response from you and your husband and it’s just become habit. So Take a step back and look at the attention that they get when they destroy something or when they break something–I kjnow being a parent can be hard. (I have 5 kids) time is precious and a hard thing to come by but you have to make time. If you are a stay at home mom, you have time. Breaking this cycle begins with your time management. You need put your phone on the counter, let the dishes sit in the sink and sit on the floor on and play with your kids in order to teach them how to play gently. They learn by watching. If you have towels to fold, you make it game for the kids, again they learn by watching and if you are including them in your activities, they have your attention for positive behavior instead of negative. Reward them for playing gently by taking them to the park where they can run and be wild, (this also helps with their energy levels). The more positive attention you give them it will help break their cycle dependency on negative attention. Here’s the other cavoite. If they have a tablet that they watch kids YouTube on, go through their history. I know as parents we always say, “Oh My kids don’t watch that” you know better. You were a kid once. There are a lot of videos that show kids just breaking toys and just overall being destructive for no reason whatsoever. You might find that it’s not attention seeking at all, they are just repeating what they see in their videos they watch. Good luck mama. Don’t give up, just keep trying.

3 Likes

Redirection. Give them things they can break apart. And smash. Take them to a rage room.

1 Like

I live with an adult autistic daughter I completely understand it is very hard because everything gets destroyed stay strong God is with you much prayers

1 Like

Have u tried putting kiddos in sports

Or pool clubs power sports ect

By Legos only its hard to break a Lego. Best of luck to you.

6 Likes

Try reading up or putting your kids in a Montessori program.

1 Like

Both my son’s do this. They are 12-13. One has autism, ADHD, ODD. The other has ADHD, ODD, Mood disorder, dyslexic, selective mutism disorder. They trash my house constantly! Break everything! FIGHT! It’s been this way for years. Good luck!

My daughter had an odd habit of breaking every single crayon in half idk y she 7 now and has since stopped :raised_hand: Had another one that was did crayon shavings with them and also tear paper in shreds. You are blessed tho to have healthy happy kiddos just find something to stimulate thier brains and sports will help release the energy there’s lots of clubs in big towns as well

Remove red dye 40 from the diet

1 Like

Watch their diet, different foods can cause stimulation.

1 Like

Maybe take que from them and put them in martial arts, or maybe allow them to go to a field and take a bat to something. An old printer, or TV, they sound pretty normal, children have big huge emotions and no way to communicate to you about them. You need to create a place where they can let out some of the built up aggression. No one here knows your kids like you, take the advice that applys and in thr end do whatever is best for your family. Best of luck

1 Like

Where the hell are you well they’re kicking out windows and peeling off wallpaper? Like that takes a while

2 Likes

My mom and grandma did this thing where they whooped my ass. I would’ve never peeled the walls or broken a window. I haven’t had the issue of my kids literally tearing the house apart, but they do break toys. I don’t think the broken toys are an issue, let them play and break them. I’m just saying, you definitely need to stop them from tearing the house apart. Try the corner, taking away privileges, taking away desert or snacks, something of value usually works to get my kids to behave.

Consequences! Do you follow through with any type of discipline? Plus, TAKE ALL FUN SHIT AWAY. Let them earn it back. They get a bed and clean clothes. No toys. And they watch you get all their toys. And no matter how much they cry. Keep them and hold your ground. Your the parents… and do not allow unacceptable behavior and have a Consequences for those actions. First, you need house rules in general. Not just what you think is rules.

I mean adoption is always an answer

3 Likes

Sounds like they are very curious about how things work & what makes them tic. They might LOVE STEM activities, robotics arts & crafts. Our local library has programs for most of those activities. Amazon has many STEM activities. We also have to put those STEM kits away when we are done or they will lose/break the parts to the kits. Encourage those traits in a positive way. I see future PC Technicians, Artisans & Engineers. We have to try to incorporate positive things or else our kids will definitely find negative ways to self entertain. We also have them in soccer & other extracurricular activities. It can be exhausting sometimes. Sadly, this part of the journey can be tough for us parents. Sending you good vibes.

4 Likes

Age appropriate chemistry sets

1 Like

I have read a lot of the comments but only you can know what your child is going through take a few minutes and and think about maybe the problem doesn’t ly within your home maybe school or else where. My prayers are with you and your family

Know you probably have but will ask anyway, are they being given time outs if not being nice? I had a child that destroyed everything ( now in his 40’s) and that changed once I stopped his sugar and red food dye intake. He calmed right down. Don’t beat yourself up, and don’t replace broken toys.

1 Like

You sound more unhappy about the broken toys than they do. So maybe no new toys that can break. Lots of outdoor activities to keep busy , brain stimulating things

5 Likes

Make them do extra chores to pay for the damages.

Stop spoiling them and learn to discipline them.

8 Likes

Get them in more activities outside the home. Plus that way someone else is in charge of them. If you have a religious tradition get hem involved in services, Sunday school or equivalent and kids activities. Go to playgrounds in nice weather. Join an indoor pool and get them swimming lessons. Ask about scholarships and low income specials everywhere if $$ is an issue.

Get them in sports—Boys & Girls Clubs are reasonable. Home Depot has workshops for kids to build things on occasion. Scouting is an option. Martial Arts are great for focus & discipline.

Start a container garden on a balcony or patio and let them dig & plant. Music lessons can provide an emotional outlet for them—it “hath charms to soothe the savage breast.” Start with singing vs. instruments they can break. Or piano lessons and get a keyboard at home that’s only out from under lock and key for practice. Any shenanigans and it gets locked up immediately again.

Give them each a mission when you go shopping—each child has a list (or pictures) of things to get at the grocery store. Challenge them to walk through the aisles at other stores without touching anything—instead of the floor being lava, all the stuff on shelves is lava.

Go for family walks, runs, hikes, bike rides. Follow exercise videos as a family. Get jump ropes & mini trampolines. Gymnastics and any kind of active dance classes (ballet not so much, but it does teach discipline) are good too. From 2 on up you generally leave them with the teacher so you get a break. Look into memberships at trampoline parks. See if you can get friends and acquaintances to teach them different skills and make sure they have lots of mental stimulation.

As others have mentioned, yes to LEGOs/DUPLOs, also Nerf balls, playing with balloons. Yes to screenings for ADHD or other issues. Yes to chore/behavior charts with gold stars for sitting still at dinner, using indoor voices, going all day without damaging anything as well as bed making, teeth brushing, picking up toys, laundry, putting dishes in the sink or dishwasher, etc. Have consistent related consequences when things happen and frequent discussions and demonstrations about how we treat things. Catch them being good and praise them when you can.

Have house rules & post them prominently. Give rewards for positive behavior and consequences for negative behavior.

Also look at their diet. Less sugar & carbs, watch out for red dyes. If there’s ADHD sometimes caffeine can short circuit the wildness, but if that’s not the diagnosis skip sodas, limit chocolate, iced tea & other caffeine sources.

If they wind each other up, separate them as much as possible. Give each one-on-one attention for an hour every week. Have them in separate activities and carpool with other parents so you’re not driving them everywhere all the time. Have play dates at other kids’ houses so they can see how other kids have to behave. Work with school & pre-school teachers, counselors, etc. who may have resources and ideas to help you.

Good luck! I had one wild child & one devious one. Both turned out great and are responsible, productive adults, but they sure gave us a run for our money when they were young! Hang in there & check in often with your spouse to be sure you’re on the same page always, being consistent, and presenting a United front. Develop your “village.” We couldn’t have done it without help from neighbors, friends, family, coaches, therapists and many others’ help.

Spare the rod, spoil the child

7 Likes

Sounds like kids needs some spankings! Or maybe it’s too late for that on the parents end.

5 Likes

There are a lot of reasons they may be doing the things they are doing. My son loves taking things apart to see how they work and what’s inside them. He was breaking his toys and then when he was running out of his toys to take apart he started taking apart his siblings (we have 6 children). So I found cars and trucks that are meant to be taken apart. He also has a “car engine” that comes apart. I found them on Amazon if you search for STEM toys. My son is autistic and has ADHD so you may also want to get them evaluated if you feel that may be a cause of their behavior. I’m sure you have heard the saying “Bad attention is better then no attention”. It may be possible he is doing it for your attention. I know myself it can be hard to have quality 1-on-1 time with with each child.

2 Likes

I have 6 year old twin boys and I swear EVERYTHING in our house including their toys…is scratched, dented, chipped, torn, ripped, broken, pieces missing etc. It drives me WILD bc I like nice things. No amount of threats work, spankings don’t work, not buying them stuff doesn’t work. They just don’t GAF. Lol. So when any of you find an answer to this madness, let me know.:woozy_face:

1 Like

Add an exercise routine, cut back on sugar intake, cut out anything with red dye.

4 Likes

A martial art like BJJ will help them learn to focus their energy on less destructive things, you can get them some gloves and a bag to work their energy out on when they’re at home too!
Another thing is for them to deal with natural consequences, broken toys = no replacement

1 Like

I would have blood test\vitamin\heavy metal\lead testing done. Heavy metals settle in the brain. Have you ever “asked” them why they are doing that behavior?

1 Like

Let them. Destroy the toys the already have and don’t buy anymore and they will understand that you’re not going to replace something right after they tore it up

4 Likes

Take everything out of their room except for their bed. And they have to earn their stuff back. Definitely needs some spankings added in there for sure

5 Likes

My kids went through a phase where they were just really rough on things like this. My son wanted to see what was on the other side of the wall so he scratched through the sheet rock with his nails. He was just curious :woman_shrugging:
We’ve set a time each day to be rough and rowdy and then when the times up, they’re done. As well as a time where they can sit down and question all the things in the universe so that they don’t have to try things like ruining the wall to learn the answers.

1 Like

instead of buying them stuff that get broken.buy them stuff to take apart or that it won’t hurt. learning the importance of money helped mine alot as well

3 Likes

I have 3 grown kids. 2 boys and 1 girl. My youngest son was not only a destroyer but also a daredevil. I agree with some of these comments where it was mentioned to get them some kind of chemistry sets or some kind of brain activities. They sound like very curious kids. Not sure what you do about discipline but maybe there is some lack of discipline too. Good luck! I hope everything works out and if nothing else works out, call on Dr. Phil.

1 Like

I think this is a case where natural consequences are needed. The toys are their possessions, so if they break them, they break them. They don’t get replaced. They learn to take better care of their things when they want to play with something but can’t because they broke it.

6 Likes

Well I had ADHD children and the sugar and red dies I think are stupid. All that does is up set your child because they feel left out. never did that change mine. Just show them a reward for being good. If one child is good reward that one not the others it will soon catch on.being good is better. My daughter got a bag of candy one day when we got home she didn’t want to share.I then said eat them all.A few days later went to store bought bag of chocolate bars was few more kids at house made her pass them all out to the other children and she got none.After that if that she had one chocolate bar she would cut it up and share every time.Lesson learned.so if you can turn one child around others my follow. This may help.

2 Likes

You need a behavioral specialist. That is more so what you need than anything else right now. Your school district should have a child study team as they call it. They will evaluate your kids that are in school and also have them part of a program through the school district. If you don’t get a grip on it now you will never get a grip on it. Also watch the red dyes and the high sugar content in a lot of products. If they are hyper, that is going to really put them through the roof.

Some of the comments here are ridiculous given the age range of your children.

I recommend you get them into organized, outside the home activities such as karate, swimming, ballet, soccer, touch football, basketball, baseball or something that has them running until they are tired but also has them focusing on an activity. Team events can be very helpful.

I used to take apart household appliances to see how they worked. I took apart the toaster, several irons, fans, and a few other things. Coils getting red hot when electricity passed through them as did how invisible electricity made fans turn attracted me for some reason. My mom beat the daylights out of me every time my curiosity got the better of me. The only thing her “spankings” did was get me to completely stop talking for a very long time and created a horrible battle with the therapist my mom selected and controlled by intentionally feeding him incorrect information. Kids don’t always understand being hit. I am not in favor of it because once a parent loses their temper and strikes out in anger, it is hard to stop the hitting.

Please see if you can get your children into some kind of team sport that will physically wear them out and will encourage them to work together with other children.

Best of luck to you and your husband. If it is any consolation right now, these outgoing, curious children tend to be problem solvers and leaders, especially when their natural tendencies are eventually refocused.

1 Like

I just wanted to say how :disappointed: sorry I am. I hope that they will learn the outside. Maybe a garden???

I’d have physical tests first to rule out any medical problems then find professional help

1 Like