My husband told me son boys cannot paint their nails: Advice?

Fuck that. My son’s love when I do their nails with mine and not one friend of theirs cares.

Smh, thats why theres so many confused kids. If your kid wanrs to smoke weed are u gonna let him. Stop confusing your kids, boys are boys. They shoulsnt be painting their nails smh.

Tell him to get over his fragile masculinity

Tell him not to gender things like nail polish.

It’s really sad that you chose to marry and have children with a man who wouldn’t accept your children for who they are. These are the types of conversations that need to be had before having kids with someone. It may just be nails now but what if your son came out as gay, bi, trans?? How would his father react to that :thinking:

3 Likes

My son who is almost 10 still likes his nails painted and will wear make up the way I see it they are kids and just want to have fun. I also got crap from his dad and his dad tried to convince him not to do it anymore but luckily my son didn’t buy into it. Good luck. Maybe Google photos of boys with nails painted to show him boys can paint their nails too and it’s ok? I wouldn’t push it to hard if he don’t want to anymore but showing him it’s ok I think would be fine.

1 Like

Nail polish is not gender specific. Your son wants to have fun and participate in something you and his sister do. It’s sad that dad had to go that route. I bet when he goes to school he’s going to meet boys with nail polish on, because even now many of the popular music artists wear nail polish and the kids copy because they like them. I’d show him pics of rockstars from the 70s and 80s who wore makeup and nail polish.

1 Like

Tell your husband to kick rocks. Male rock stars and musicians have been wearing painted fingernails for decades. Aside from that, it’s a form of expression. Self expression doesn’t have a gender. My 5-year-old AMAB non-binary child loves painted nails, and dresses, and hair bows. It hurts no one to support your child and let them express themselves freely. But it does hurt your child to restrict them from something that would give them simple joy for no reason other than it exposes you to your own biases.

I’m sorry, but did you seriously try to compare nail polish with drug use? That’s a mighty leap even for a close-minded conservative. Wow.