My husband threw my sons formula across the house...do I have a right to be upset?

My husband and I were in an argument, and he threw my son’s formula, and it spilled all over the floor. My husband and I were In an argument because he was caught in a web of lies And from me saying I was done with the marriage and i’m leaving my husband took my son’s formula and threw it across the house and it Spilt everywhere. My son just turned a year old on the 2nd, and I still want him on formula twice a least even though he eats other foods. My husband acts like it’s in no big deal. However, I am so heartbroken over this, not to mention it’s very hard to find his formula where I am. Would any other mama’s be upset over this, or am I just overreacting like he said?

15 Likes

I dont care if he was throwing a stuffed animal. The fact that he is throwing things during an argument instead of removing himself to calm down isn’t good. Time to leave.

*For clarification there is nothing wrong with going somewhere and throwing soft thing as a way of releasing anger but during an argument throwing something as a way of showing how angry you are is not ok.

19 Likes

I think the least of your worries is that he ruined perfectly good formula. The fact alone that he was caught in a web of lies and his reaction was to launch something across the house is a huge red flag. There is no valid reason for that type of reaction.

9 Likes

Sweetie, get out now that was an act of aggression you don’t have to and shouldn’t put up with we’ve been conditioned as a whole to believe that kind of behavior is normal or should be looked past because of the emotions involved ( that men are incapable of controlling themselves in times of hightend emotion) that is simply untrue and should be held accountable besides the fact that we are in a formula shortage and it’s so expensive that is your child’s nutrition that he willfully destroyed. Good luck mama . I wish you well

4 Likes

Why don’t you women learn? If you want to/have to leave just do it why say/threaten knowing it can become detrimental?how many times have you all not heard of women being killed after threatening to leave? Just formulate a plan work on it then leave

4 Likes

I’d tell him to clean it and and go out and buy some more and then I’d leave.

4 Likes

Oh you got yourself a baby man. Sorry hon, been there, done that. It don’t get better imo.
I’d make him clean that mess up and go find more formula for his child. If this had happened during the big formula shortage your child would be starving and he need to see the consequences of his actions . If he gotta go to 3-4 stores to find it then perhaps he’ll think before his childish tendencies kick in again.
But in the meantime I’d seriously consider if you have the mental fortitude to deal with this every time he gets upset in any way. Even if he doesn’t become abusive which let’s face it, its a possibility, he will always be a child to deal with in times of strife. Can you imagine him teaching your child this behavior? Now imagine going through real problems that bring you to your knees. grief, loss of health, accidents, job losses. Are you certain this man can support you in these times or will he be another child having a tantrum in the corner? If you think the latter even for a moment, it is probably better to do it on your own.

2 Likes

Thank God he wasn’t holding the baby and tried to throw him down, Just for Spite. Anytime a person reacts like that when caught in Lies, Most likey has a lot of other issues going on??? I would take my baby and go stay some where else until you figure out what you are going to do about this! Don’t risk another outbrust.

5 Likes

You’re married to an abuser. He resorts to violence when angry and then lays fault at your feet for his actions. Get out now.

5 Likes

What a show he is putting on for that 1 year old, babies don’t need this, should be love and caring!!!

3 Likes

Leave b4 it is you or som that ends up being thrown

3 Likes

Throwing stuff is abusive. He needs to be removed from your life. I hope you have a safe time leaving him. Document everything.

2 Likes

I don’t care arguement or not he made an ass iut of himself in front of the child which could of scared him alot…then threw the baby’s item? He’ll no clean that buddy then pack your stuff your out

Sounds like narcissism and gaslighting. Leave or seek counseling. Although I don’t think this incident in itself if a big issue, it’s likely not the first and if not addressed, will not be the last.

2 Likes

Yes! Formula is expensive! Not to mention that’s HIS son’s food pretty much!

1 Like

Yeah definitely wouldn’t have told him you’re done and leaving. Would have waited til he cleaned up, bought more formula and waited till he is out of house to pack stuff and leave

1 Like

It’ll only get worst. Take your baby and go

6 Likes

Obvious he has deep anger issues at hand…Thank God it was formula …next time it could be u or your child!!.That kind of anger only gets stronger. Red flags are being presented to you…See them for what they are…Make no excuses to justify his behavior either. Best to leave now while u are able…If she shows anymore violence call the police …make a report n get a order of protection…Do it for yourself n your child.Good Luck…God Bless.:pray:

3 Likes

Sickening not only throwing and wasting formula but the ignorance and awfulness of the way he’s treating you guys. Get out it will only escalate and get worse throwing things and breaking things are the first signs of abuse and you guys don’t need that. Absolutely not!

1 Like

Your husband is very immature! You both should seek counciling if this marriage is to succeed!

1 Like

No, that’s like 30 dollars worth of spilt formula. Screw him. I would make him go buy more.

There’s never an overreaction when someone purposefully throws or ruins one of your child’s main sources of food and comfort such as formula. None

He’s a jacka$$

you need to leave this situation!! this men is sick in the head and abusive. poor you and your kid. please think about it

Your husband is an asahole, you need to leave with that baby like you said you was going too.

1 Like

You’re done with the marriage, why do you care?

Maybe you should be more worried because he threw it period.

Your husband sounds like he’s acting like a child

Your not over reacting but he knows how to hurt you unfortunately at your child’s expense shame on him for doing that to his child I would leave it on the floor first is the milk what’s next

You need to get out of that relationship plain and simple.

Your can’t trust your husband and he’s violent, and you want to know if it’s ok to be upset ? You need counseling.

2 Likes

Don’t throw anything anywhere but paper in the trash can.