My husband refuses to get a job: Advice?

time to ship him to the curb

Tell him to get out or get a job

Girl. You donā€™t have a husband you have a man child. Lol time to send him back to his EX since he still wants to bring her up 7 years later.

6 Likes

Youā€™re his wife, not his mommy. He sounds like a loser. He needs to man up and get a job or get out.

2 Likes

Tell him to get on disability and go to marriage counseling if not them get out of the marriage!

1 Like

Sounds like he needs you and you would be better off and happier without him. And if your happy kids are happy.

1 Like

Annoying that itā€™s perfectly acceptable for a woman to do this and stay at home with the kids but when a man does is everyone jumps on the ā€˜leave himā€™ train :woman_facepalming:

End of the day if youā€™re not happy then yes, leave him but donā€™t slag him off and say heā€™s a ā€˜mummas boyā€™ Or ā€˜youā€™re his wife not his mammaā€™ because if the shoe was on the other foot youā€™d all be sunshine and roses!!

8 Likes

It hurts him to work? He must be related to my ex. Well, at this point, if you donā€™t make him get a job, or leave him, youā€™re just as much the blame as he. Been there.
And who gives a damn about run on sentences when someone is asking for help?

3 Likes

Sounds like heā€™s dead weight and you can manage on your own. Put him to the curb.

1 Like

Does he do house work? Feed and take care of the kids? If he is contributing and making it so you dont have to these things whatā€™s the problem? If he isnt than kick him out.
If you are just unhappy than leave. I feel like there is more to this story but I could be wrong and he could just be a douche bag.

1 Like

Girllll, thatā€™s just an extra mouth to feed. He either needs to man tf up or get out. If you arenā€™t contributing to my house hold I donā€™t need you. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Maybe you guys arenā€™t on the same path anymore. My advice sit down and open the air as to why he cant help financially even if itā€™s just small jobs. And then reevaluate yourself and decide if you are happy with or with out getting ur way. Itā€™s important for both of you to keep putting effort, focus, and compromise into things that need fixing. Life ainā€™t peaches and cream you shouldnā€™t just walk away when things get tough.

Uhhh you need to handed that man back to his ex :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

ā€œIt hurts him to workā€ haha Iā€™d kick his ass to the curb, and maybe if he got one job then you wouldnā€™t have to work as much and would spend more time together,!! At the end of the day everyoneā€™s not feeling good, people have underlying health issues, no one wants to go to work because they love it and itā€™s fun you go to work and work hard to have a better life for yourself and especially your kids. He doesnā€™t seem like he wants more for himself and that he knows youā€™ll make the money so he doesnā€™t make an effort.

1 Like

So what Iā€™m reading is you work, make money, heā€™s hanging with his boys and youā€™re not getting laid? Girl bye!

4 Likes

Give him an ultimatum. Youā€™re his wife not his mom. You can obviously take care of yourself and your kids without his help, so hes just putting more stress on you.

1 Like

Why does anyone put up with this kind of stuff enough for it to be a question.

2 Likes

Throw that whole man away!

1 Like

My man says ā€œitā€™s time to get rid of that boy!ā€

2 Likes

If you have to come on here and ask, then you already know your answer!! Go with it and let him go! :v:t3:

3 Likes

He gotta go hunny ainā€™t nothing worse then dead weight! ā€œSUPPOSED TO HOLD ME DOWN BUT YOU HOLDING ME BACKā€

2 Likes

I mean why is what heā€™s doing any different than a sahmā€¦ Other than the sex issue and having friends over. I mean Iā€™d get rid of him but just saying lol as the stay at home moms say ā€˜Iā€™m a maid, a teacher, a cook. Childcare is expensiveā€™ Im basically a sahm since my part time job pays shit but just playing devils advocate

If anything is because of his ex, itā€™s an invalid excuse, especially after that long.
If you have uber eats, grubhub, doordash, postmates, etc. In your area, tell him to sign up to be a delivery driver, they allow him to make his own hours and work as much or as little as he wants without a set schedule, so he had no excuse. Otherwise, start calling him a stay at home dad and start expecting him to do all of the things that a stay at home parent does, and make it blatantly clear that this is what you expect.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been through similar except we werenā€™t married and were only together 5 years. He worked but ended up cutting his hours down under 20 a week and finally I left and then itā€™s funny, he started working full time again. He enjoyed living off of what I put in but didnā€™t really want to be with me and I finally got smart about it. As hard as it is to leave what youā€™ve felt comfortable with for so long, itā€™s probably the best thing you can do for yourself. Good luck!

Are you asking us if itā€™s ok to break up with him? Bc thatā€™s your choice. He said he doesnā€™t see you often but when youā€™re home he leaves. Something is wrong. You are being manipulated to take care of him and the kids and the bills by yourself. You donā€™t deserve that.

5 Likes

Ultimatum girl. Thatā€™s so unfair to you and the littles

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry woman but leave his sorry ass you sound like your strong enough to take care
of you & your kids I hate free loaders.

1 Like

Get rid of him. It should lighten your load and he can fend for himself. Open your eyes.

4 Likes

Is he caring for the kids and doing housework ? If so, he is contributing to the househlold. If the answer is no, then you have a decision to make. I made a list and figured out I was supporting a male who was using me. I also had 2 young kids. It was hard on my own, but really I always had been. At least there was no more stress from him.

1 Like

Not everyones the same, if he makes you happy in bed n you enjoy it, so here you go at least hes good in something.

Kick him out be a adult not a Mom to him

1 Like

I want to side with everyone here but at the same time, I want more info. Likeā€¦was he working when you met? Has he ever held a job while you have been together? Make him do Grub Hub, pizza delivery, DoorDash, Uber, Instacart, etc. And if he whines he doesnā€™t see you but then leaves when you get home or has friends overā€¦girl, he sounds like a damned teenager. You are NOT married to/raising another teen. Leave his arse. You are his wife. That means partner. Not mother. Quit mothering him. Let him fend for himself. Or if you wonā€™t leave, do as suggested. Stay at home dad with all the responsibilities youā€™d have (including the demand on intamacy).

Kick him to the kerb

If heā€™s in pain, tell him to see a doctor. If he refuses, tell him to leave. Simple.

You must ask yourself this question,is this how I want to spend the rest of my life. 2ndly what are you teaching your children?

Is he taking care of kids, cleaning, laundry, ā€¦ Anything? If not divorce him. A spouse is supposed to be a partner to help you in life, not a leach and an extra mouth to feed.

1 Like

What does it mean because of his ex he has sex with her so you get left overs man you women sure put up with alot of shit.

2 Likes

Wow you gotta ask for advice on this :woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Might as well be a single parent, so chuck him out hes dead wood

1 Like

Seems like you donā€™t really need that little boy and would be better off without him, Id have to say too da loo.

Get a job or get out!

So youā€™re telling us youā€™re getting nothing from the relationship except one more mouth to feed. It sounds like itā€™s time for him to go stay with his friends and freeload from them.

2 Likes

I just donā€™t get why woman wants to live with some one that donā€™t work.you need to find your own Place and tell him good by.

I can do bad all by myself

Give him an ultimatum,either he gets a job or he leaves. If youā€™re gonna have everything on your shoulders anyway than whatā€™s the difference in him being there?

1 Like

Well itā€™s time for the talk !! Be apart of our lives and do your part or leave and do u boo ā€¦ Not saying You should end your marriage, but u need to know where u and ur children stand , give him a choice and if itā€™s not to your satisfaction, well I guess in the long run he will have to get a job ( lol )

Wow. I think Iā€™d tell him to hit the roadā€¦

Doesnā€™t have a job but has friends and sounds like heā€™s still messing with his ex, and all you are is his cash cowšŸ˜‘ kick him out or leave and find your happiness!!!

i had one of them once, now heā€™s an ex.

Itā€™s amazing what a little punctuation can do when youā€™re trying to read something. That was the longest run on sentence I believe I have ever experienced, which in turn, made this incredibly difficult to read as well as confusing. Phew!

That being saidā€¦ your husband is a lazy bum. He sounds like a child. He wants to be a childā€¦ treat him like a child. Tell him what your expectations are and let him know that if those expectations are not metā€¦ there will be consequencesā€¦& most importantly you need to follow through with said consequences.
So sorry youā€™re having to deal with this. A spouse should never be the one to contribute to your stress or bring negativity into your life. :pensive:

Not to mention the example yā€™all are setting for your childrenā€¦ my gosh. Is this the kind of relationship you want your kids to have with their spouse one day? A son who thinks itā€™s acceptable to sit back and watch his wife carry the weight of the world on her shoulders alone? Or a daughter who is content with a man who does absolutely nothing for her and fails to meet her needs? Who essentially becomes a doormat for men because thatā€™s all sheā€™s seen from you growing up?
Our children are always watching us. More than we knowā€¦ & I promise you, theyā€™re paying very close attention. We set the example for our childrenā€¦ you need to ask yourselfā€¦ is the life that Iā€™m living a life I would want my children to live? Is everything that Iā€™m feeling & going through something that I want my children to have endure one day?

Is he staying home to care for the kids?

5 Likes

Yah- you teach people how to treat you. Put your foot DOWN!

7 Likes

Refuses to work? Sounds like his ass needs to go.

10 Likes

Sounds like you have an additional child you are raisingā€¦šŸ’šŸ™†

12 Likes

Run and run fast take your kids and live the life you want youā€™ll be happier

11 Likes

So many issues in this post- wonā€™t work, spends time away or with friends when you are home, an ex from 7 years agoā€¦ bye Feliciaā€¦ get rid of him

47 Likes

Sorry but heā€™s not a husband! Give him a choice he can pull his head out of his ass and find a job and help out or he can fuck right off!

15 Likes

Get rid of him. Heā€™s taking advantage of you. He is scum!!!

7 Likes

Unless he has serious health issues or something there is no reason he can not provide
Put your foot down get a job or get out

9 Likes

That just shows you donā€™t need him.

5 Likes

Oh please leave him, he does not seem interested in being a family man or taking care of his family AND the fact that heā€™s saying heā€™s not having sex with you because of his ex, sounds like cheating! I think your so much better than that! Talk to him a lay down some rules and even doesnā€™t meet them then itā€™s over

9 Likes

Make him your ex-husband. If he feels well enough to go hang out with friends and stuff then he feels well enough to work. No REAL man will make his wife provide for the family. He sounds like a real slob and you and your kids deserve better.

11 Likes

Heā€™s dead weight that you donā€™t need. You have enough on your plate with your child and working 6 days. Time to kick his lazy ass to the curb

4 Likes

Give him an ultimatum. Get a job, or get out. Thatā€™s just what I think.

7 Likes

Throw the whole man away

13 Likes

Something drastic needs to happen. If I were you it would be job or find a new home. Plus, hour kids are absorbing all of his actions. I would not want my children to think itā€™s okay to sit around and not financially help. IF he truly have health issues then why doesnā€™t the sign up for disability!!

5 Likes

Iā€™m having the same problem :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Kick his sorry ass as far away from you as possible. Move on woman your far too good for that

3 Likes

Is this even a legit question??? Like damnā€¦ Tell dude to kick rocks :thinking:

8 Likes

Chances are heā€™s cheating on you.

11 Likes

Um you are being played

4 Likes

Ainā€™t no way in hell

1 Like

He will continue to do what you allow. I think its evident ā€¦his priority is not his marriage/family.
He is not worthy of you.

4 Likes

It hurts him to work? Okay does he have like a herniated disk or bulging of the spine or really anything debilitating? If the answer is no then heā€™s hurting you not helping you. Deadweight is deadweight and honestly if your working 6 days a week to pick up his slack the house better be clean from ceiling fans to base boards with dinner ready every night and the kids actually being raised. Fuck them friends tho thats unnacceptable. Ex from 7 years ago? Is the reason he canā€™t smash more then less then minimum? Take his ass to the doctor and if that donā€™t help then he can hit the road

2 Likes

Unless he is being a stay at home dad (i know stay at home moms that cook clean and do everything for kids and family because it is more practical money wise for them to be at home then having many kids in daycareā€¦ so unless he is doing that to make life a little less stressā€¦ i would say sounds like he wants a free ride and someone to do everything for bhim. Run now!

4 Likes

My gf is more masculine than your husband. Throw the whole boy away.

9 Likes

Hell to the no! Tell him to get a job or leaveā€¦ you deserve better x

3 Likes

He needs to get a jobā€¦

2 Likes

Id get a divorce and make him pay child support since the kids couldnā€™t live with him if he doesnā€™t have income. If there is no solid reason for him to stay home he needs to get a job

3 Likes

I mean if heā€™s staying home and taking care of the kids, whatā€™s the issue? Unless heā€™s not taking care of the kids. I mean thereā€™s a lot of missing info here. If he takes care of the kids while youā€™re working, I donā€™t blame him for wanting a day away from the kids either.

5 Likes

Heā€™s not a man if he canā€™t help support his family regardless

1 Like

It sounds to me like his not a man, but a boy! Expecting you to take care of supporting the family he created with you. He blames his ex, for not wanting to have sex with you. Clearly his not over her then. You need to drop him, cause clearly his using you as a free ride. ONLY PEOPLE YOU NEED TO BE SUPPORTING IS YOUR KIDS! Not his ass.

1 Like

Kick his lazy ass to the curb

Leave now or better yet kick his ass out Nooooo way in helll would I put up with a lazy man fuck no

1 Like

Hell no. To the curb he goes.

My man supports us, Iā€™m high risk pregnancy at 7 months he makes me not work :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

1 Like
  1. Is he caring for the kids and taking care of the house? If so then it would be like heā€™s a stay at home dad.
  2. What does his ex have to do with anything in your marriage??? 7 years and sheā€™s still ( in a way ) in the pictureā€¦
    Sounds like you guys need to sit down and have an adult conversation without fighting about whatā€™s going on and how it can be fixedā€¦IF heā€™s not doing anything at all at home and just sitting there watching tv then thereā€™s an issue! As for the friends, tell the friends yourself not to come over and if they do then kick them out :woman_shrugging: itā€™s your house! Mainly sounds to me like if you 2 could actually talk about it then something could be figured out but I only know part of the story and donā€™t know what actually goes on in your house. If your truly not happy and nothing an be changed then leave or make him leave.
3 Likes

Seriously? You really need to ask? This dude is a super piece of shit. Kick him to the curb

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not a man. If hes not working and helping support the house hold you have another child. Drop him off at him mommyā€™s find a real man and dont look back.

1 Like

Why are you giving him a choice to have a job? Dont give him any money

2 Likes

Run fast. Donā€™t stop.

2 Likes

You are married to trash. Throw him away. Youā€™d be better off

1 Like

Get rid of his lazy good for nothing ass. And make sure if heā€™s cheating (probably is) that you have proof so he gets nothing

2 Likes

Kick him to the curb

What exactly does he bring to the table? Are you trying to save the relationship you have now or are you clinging to the memory of what you two once had?

So bc of his ex yall canā€™t have sex more than once or twice a month??? Did I read that rightā€¦ Throw the whole man away love, best of luck to you

5 Likes

throw the whole man away

Did he work before you married him?

Its okay if he doesnt work. The question is does he take care of the kids? Does he clean the house? Does laundry? The dishes?

2 Likes

Is he covering the at home part of sah parent? Next question, is there a medical reason heā€™s not working? If the answer to both those are no, drop him like a hot potato!! There goes a lot of your stress and possibly lighten your workload a bit

1 Like