My guy friend confessed that he loved me while drunk...advice?

not mom related but do you guys believe drunk man’s words are a sober man’s thoughts, this guy friend told me sober that he had stuff he wanted to say but couldn’t, also that if he lets it out the box he would never be able to put it back, but got drunk last week and told me he loved me and has not talked to me since and we are going on two weeks. I find it odd… what’s are yalls thoughtsEta: I never said I love you back even though he was stupid drunk blowing my phone up saying he loved me because I felt like if your being repetitive like that then it’s just words at this point but then again maybe he’s ghosting me because the fact I never told it back to him so maybe he is embarrassed

7 Likes

I don’t mean shit I say when I’m drunk lol so that’s a lie. But some people get toooooooo drunk and I’ve never been so drunk to where I don’t remember or anything like that.

Have a conversation with him and find out. Perhaps he was too scared to bring it up before but now that he has, you can find out how he feels and then either tell him how you feel towards him or at least set him straight so there isn’t a need for awkwardness or embarrassment. You won’t find your answers from anyone but him

3 Likes

If he’s a giid friend maybe he’s embarrassed that he told u that way? I’d talk to him n see

I think it depends on how you feel about him. If you’re interested in pursuing things, talk to him. If not, leave him alone to work it out on his own. He’s probably definitely embarrassed either way tho

3 Likes

He is embarrassed that you don’t love him back. Yes he meant it… he just regrets how he told you. Definitely call him and talk

3 Likes

He probably saw the messages when he woke up sober and was embarrassed. Just start a new conversation, don’t mention the drunk texts and see if he ever brings it up sober ?

1 Like

Hes embarrassed that you never answered him

Oh boy. I’m sure he’s embarrassed. Sounds like he doesn’t think he has a chance. Does he? Call him girl