My girlfriend feels I do not care about her feelings: Thoughts?

Obviously she was a bit consumed with what ever it is that is going on with her job and felt the need to vent which we all need to do from time to time. Since you had been already listening to the vent for what sounds and probably felt like forever and probably have no input other than a ear to lend, a slight veer away from the unfolding home drama to watch social television drama instead doesn’t seem like such a stretch :face_with_peeking_eye:. It may have behooved you to maybe pause the tv for 30 seconds to listen to more of her rant or ask her if she could hold that thought for a minute or two. Obviously you made the wrong choice as to what was more important at the moment…… you are a bad bad boy. As far as her saying this was a indication that you don’t care about her, her feelings or your relationship and she was leaving… come on now, she is acting like a baby brat! If she will leave over something so trivial such as you wanting a 5 minute break from listening to one on-going drama to watching another… you have troubles ahead son, in more ways than one…… :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

She has no respect. It could have waited till a little later

3 Likes

Her job is more important than the trial on TV. That ain’t your life. Talk with her. And maybe Idk lay off the TV? Js. If I was in the situation… I’d be upset. I wouldn’t leave but I would feel the person I was with didn’t give a fuck about my career. She needed you and you weren’t there for her. That’s a big L.

Could be the stupidest thing in the world but if it’s important to her then you should take that moment and appease her. The verdict won’t change based on the time you take to learn it. But also I don’t care how mad you are there is a couch or a floor. . . If you’re sleeping out then you’re cheating :woman_shrugging:t3:.

5 Likes

No, you’re not. You and your girlfriend need to meet in the middle. You don’t need to hang on her every word about the work drama and be involved with every detail. On the other hand, news of Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard trial will be discussed for months. She needs to give you a pass. Talk it out. You two are two different people with different interests. You don’t have to turn into one person, one thought to be a couple.

4 Likes

So she was essentially telling you what was going on with her job over and over again? There isn’t a person on earth who can give anyone their undivided attention all the time. She’s being ridiculous. If you wanted to be ridiculous you could say the same to her about not giving you time to listen to something you care about. It goes both ways. She needs to grow up.

9 Likes

She’s making too much out of it. Let her go and stay somewhere else and don’t call her begging for her to come back. She’ll figure out real fast to stop being so dramatic

7 Likes

She’s got some issues

6 Likes

Seriously? I’d think something in yours or her personal life should be a little more important than a televised court case especially that one, it was fun to watch sure but it’s not like it was a major thing for the country or anything. I wasn’t even watching and knew within 10 mins of the verdict, you sound like the dick here I’m sorry. Of course she “overreacted” in your eyes, but that’s kind of what happens when you hurt someone’s feelings. There has to be a reason she’s so eager for those updates/sharing them with you. Think about it this way even if it was over something silly, you basically told her what is important to her can wait. Over a celebrity court case. That would hurt anyways

I think you both need to grow up.

My mother always said," When a child is the least loveable is when they need the most loving!" I think this applies to adults as well. Hopefylly "this too shall pass1 I think most of us feel unapprecuated at times! Just hang in there and be kind!

I was watching the depp trial and when the verdict came I went to show my BF the result needless to say he wasn’t interested goes to show we have different interest we didn’t fight no one threatened to leave he watched his crap I watched mine, simple🤭

2 Likes

Seems like she was just having a bad day.

1 Like

She’s in her feelings. I have been there :laughing: because I love true crime and he doesn’t. I just want to tell him about it and he’s like …:neutral_face: K.

Caring is for suckers

1 Like

She wasn’t telling you, just to tell you. She was venting, and indirectly without saying it, just looking for your support. I dont think you’re the ahole, it’s just a miscalculation on your part on what she needed from you… but you could’ve gave her 5 to 60 seconds of your time and returned to what you were doing just like the other 5 times. Part of being in a relationship is realizing what your partner is looking for without them saying it, but that takes practice and effort. My husband tells me about his day, daily. Do I care about the drama surrounding his coworkers and his job, no. But it is important to him because he lives it daily and it affects him daily. He also expects me to know what he’s talking about, even though I’ve never once stepped foot in the factory. It’s fine. I’ve learned letting him vent is what he needs. Some people need to verbalize their frustrations in order to move past it. Just give her the space she wants, and regroup the next day. An apology and a conversation can go a long way. I think you’ll realize she took your reaction like you didn’t care about her problems. That can be hard to not take personally when it comes from the person who says they love you and you’re supposed to be able to share everything with. My bet is that’s why she’s upset. Did she overreact? Yes. But some simple communication can fix it. Just gently remind her you’re not a mind reader and may not have the same interests all the time. But it is important to recognize the issue, and not blow her off in the process either.

3 Likes

Wtf :rofl::joy: drama is what that is.

3 Likes

No, this was a plan before, where is she going to stay, if I were you I’d leave, sounds like she’s got that plan in mind…

This is exactly what I go through when I pick my book up to read. My dude can’t stand it. I watched the trial with Johnny :rofl: yup he won but I swear once that trial was over an he seen me reading it was over. Saying he gonna leave :rofl: it’s just petty nonsense I just laugh duces

2 Likes

Because of the JD verdict :joy::joy::joy:yall are wild

3 Likes

For one, saying shes overreacting is not cool dude.

2 Likes

You both need to sit down and talk to each other.

1 Like

No your are not an asshole sounds like she is overreacting and being childish. I would understand her reaction if you weren’t listening to any of her updates and ignoring her without explaining but that’s a little ridiculous. You told her ahead of time that you were going to be watching so she already knew. Even as far as to go say she is staying somewhere else for the night lol sounds a little dramatic to me. I wouldn’t go as far as to leave her like some of these people are saying but maybe you guys should sit down and have a talk.

What she is feeling is that the show was more important than her. She wanted to talk to you about what’s happening in that moment and you denied her that. Most women are very in their feelings. So she now feels like the show was more important than her telling you things that was going on.

3 Likes

No I don’t think you are . If I’m watching a news clip that really interests me I can not stand someone ignoring my request and carry on talking one of my pet hates

7 Likes

NO you are not. She should be considerate of what you are doing. She knew you were following the event. She could have saved it for a few minutes. She wanted to talk about something going on tomorrow…could wait for a while. Too self centered.

7 Likes

Lmfaooo you are definitely not the asshole. She’s overreacting :rofl:

I’m SURE this was her last straw, not a one time deal. Pay attention to a partner, not the phone or tv, OR, watch them leave.

9 Likes

What was more important an asshole on TV or your girl friend?

Ask her if you can dial the number and make the reservation where she intends to stay. If she is acting like a child, treat her as such.

2 Likes

Nta. She doesn’t sound emotionally independent or mature enough for an intimate relationship. You should expect more of this bullshit from her

You put celebrity drama before your relationship…YTA

6 Likes

There is a pause button, correct?
Couldn’t you have paused it, listened to her, & then continued listening to the verdict afterwards?
My husband & I do this all the time to one another. One of us will start talking & the other one will be like “hold on, let me finish this video” or “hold on, let me pause this”. The only time we finish watching a video before interacting is if it’s less than 60 seconds.
But we also have short term memory issues, so it could just be an us thing. :joy:

2 Likes

It’s on YouTube. You could have watched it at any point in time. I think she was just looking for her safe place to vent. Who cares if it’s “tomorrow”? Would you rather want to know in advance or last minute? Sheesh.

4 Likes

She could have waited until that verdict came…ur gf sounds unbearable just saying

4 Likes

I Get Paid 0ver $ 110 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13989 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The p0ssibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE… https://ProLifeStyle55.pages.dev

She’s overreacting :joy::joy::joy::joy: she could have waited until the verdict is over. :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

No you are not. Let her pitch a fit. She will be back to normal soon. Then talk to her.

1 Like

no. red flag. drama queen-everything does not revolve around her.

3 Likes

I’m sorry but the depp trial really matters that much to you?

3 Likes

I love that Johnny Depp won and all but that trial is not more important than your girlfriend and you know it. Yeah bud, you’re the asshole. I would have dumped you to be honest and I am in love with Johnny Depp.

Sounds like PMS to me. Does the world always have to revolve around her?

2 Likes

She needs to grow up :thinking:

3 Likes

She’s being dramatic… she acts like the whole world revolves around her! :triangular_flag_on_post:

2 Likes

Both are petty who cares over a verdict… other important stuff going on in the world. SMH I usually pause it to hear my SO nothing is more important than communicating with my husband, kids or whoever.

1 Like

l get paid over $ 198 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 15842 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://netjobz92.pages.dev/

Just apologize… how does this 1 event create that outcome tho?

3 Likes

When you don’t work there it can be so annoying, honestly. My friends have enacted a “no work talk” clause because it was literally all I spoke about.

3 Likes

Imo you could have pressed paused and gave her attention and listen to her. Idk if this is an on going issue, like she always feels like you can’t put your phone down for her or what. If that’s the case you to need to work that out but if it’s not that and it’s this one time then yes you could pause it and yes she could have let you finish it first. Both of you need to learn to meet half way. I see bot sides, I do believe she is over reacting unless this is an ongoing issue that she feels you don’t stop and listen to her. Having said that she also needs to respect when you say I have x amount of time left on this video can it wait till its over and if it isn’t important she should wait and then if she does you need to give her that attention then. Good luck

5 Likes

What the heck, yall are fighting over the Johnny Depp trail? I find this hilarious :rofl:

5 Likes

Not very mature basing actors lives on your daily conversations. Both of you!

3 Likes

I can’t forget how Dr Gabriel helped me restore my marriage after 4 months of separating from my husband because of a fight and he left and never came back to me, I did a lot to get him back but nothing worked until I saw a comment online when someone was testifying about how Dr Gabriel helped her get her husband back and that is how I contacted him through his WhatsApp and after writing my problem he assured me that he will help me get my husband back. in 12 hours after casting the love spell, and after he did the spell, my husband came back home and begged that he was so sorry he left me, today I am back with my husband and both of us are happy and living together again. I know that there are many people who want to get their love back or whatever problem you have, contact Dr. Gabriel because he is the perfect answer to your problem. contact him :l
Call him/WhatsApp: +234 8133 240147

1 Like

I appreciate it when my husband tells me ahead of time that he is finishing a movie or distracted atm. Sometimes he mutes what he’s doing and I appreciate that also.

What makes me angry is when he pretends to be listening and doesn’t hear a word I said then I have to repeat myself.

4 Likes

No. Why do the updates mean anything to you?

2 Likes

Sounds like a bit of codependency

Your girlfriend needs to grow up and quit acting like a sissy

If she is feeling that way from this single occurrence then there is likely more going on. You need to talk to her and figure out where the divide is happening and what’s making her feel thus way. Any reasonable person doesn’t write off their entire partner because of a single occurrence.

3 Likes

Your girlfriend sounds self absorbed. That said, I do not know the importance of the news she had to share but for the life of me, unless it was a cancer announcement or death, I certainly think it could have waited until the verdict was read and commentary given by the announcers.

I may sound a bit cold: Let me relay an event I experienced. I was in court in LA awaiting a pre-trial conference when the jury returned with the baby powder verdict. Someone came into our courtroom and announced this. The courtroom I was in became a ghost town with the judge, clerks, etc., immediately leaving our courtroom to go and hear the verdict in another courtroom in the courthouse. This is a bit of a breach of decorum but it also shows where some people’s priorities are and that they may not be the same as our own.

In a relationship, some things are going to be more important to one person than another. I personally think you did your duty in listening to a series of events about your GF’s work already that day. I doubt if there was anything you could do about what you were told. I frankly don’t think a lot of guys are vested in the work drama of a ‘significant other’ like many women seem to be. After all, she knows the players at her work much better than you. That she could not see your perspective, is troubling. I wish we could all get over gossiping but that seems to be one vice that we collectively share at least from time to time regardless of sexual identity. You are NOT the asshole. She is histrionic and definitely overreacted here. You are going to have to decide if you are able to live with her inability to respect your boundaries and areas of interest. If you cannot, it is well past time to move along, especially if she did not apologize to you for her actions.

It is very unlikely this one event caused her to feel this way, it was simply the breaking point.

Sometimes we take and take and take and then the smallest most insignificant thing breaks us.

It sounds like she constantly feels ignored or like you are not truly listening to her, and so this insignificant event caused her to explode.

You need to reevaluate what you are doing or not doing on a regular basis that would make her feel unheard or undervalued. Asking her what she needs from you and how you can help her feel more appreciated is a good start.

3 Likes

WOW :astonished: this is really amazing earning massively from Bitcoin investment with the help of an honest and genuine expert Manager Ma’am Elizabeth James , As a newbie I started with what I could actually afford (starter plan)and to be honest am shocked with the outcome​:astonished::heart:SO AMAZING :clinking_glasses:…to get started contact​:writing_hand: