My girlfriend feels I do not care about her feelings: Thoughts?

Am I in the wrong or is she overreacting??My gfs job was having issues today and she had received updates (4-5) already that she shared with as well. I was watching the Johnny depp verdict being delivered when she got another update. I let her know the trial was on before she came in to tell me, but she did say from the other room it was about tomorrow and not even about today. When I didn’t give her my undivided attention for the next one she got upset, said I don’t care about her/her feelings or our relationship and even said she was going to stay somewhere else tonight because of this. I was receptive to all other updates and just asked if this next one could wait a few minutes till after they read the verdict. Am I the asshole?

161 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My girlfriend feels I do not care about her feelings: Thoughts?re - Mamas Uncut

Lmao no she should respect your feelings to, obviously it was something you wanted to see and wasn’t a long event it could have waited ten min

14 Likes

She was over reacting. Sounds like she was having a bad day.

12 Likes

Not at all we all waited weeks for that verdict boring work can wait lol

9 Likes

Tell her the same. She should respect your reguest

6 Likes

Nah she’s overreacting

3 Likes

She’s becoming Amber Heard, watch ur fingers. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

She could have waited until after the verdict was read to talk to you about it. I think she’s majorly overreacting. Going to stay somewhere else overnight is extreme to me.

5 Likes

Fight over something worth it. This argument is so silly and little. You both need to communicate your feelings to each other

9 Likes

Nta she sounds exhausting

8 Likes

Sounds like she was just looking for a reason to “stay somewhere else” lol that’s the dumbest thing to fight about

13 Likes

Is she 5? LMFAO Lort

2 Likes

Definitely overreacting. She sounds very petty and self absorbed.

5 Likes

Did you check to see if she pooped on the bed before she left?

13 Likes

No the Depp trial is more important :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

She over reacted for sure.

Nope!! She sounds spoiled!!:heart:

Sometimes it’s just a miscommunication you said the trial was on but did you let her know you’d be unavailable for her to rant to during the trail? Or did you assume explaining that it was on was enough of a hint for her to pick up on that you’re busy? Maybe explaining it a little further would benefit you both and avoid this kinda situation. If you’re looking for validation from others on a situation sometimes you already know the answer whether there’s more we know about or not on how to form the real verdict. If she was having a rough day you also could’ve paused and gave her that undivided attention but if you want it to work it’s not you against her or who’s the a-hole but y’all against the issue and how to solve it and avoid future issues🤷🏼‍♀️

2 Likes

No you’re not butthole but she def sounds immature. Ask her if she wants your help packing her bag for the night LOL!

You are not in this case.

But she is, you told her your watching something it was a few mins. She could have waited but didn’t then screamed give me attention cause she didn’t get it right then and there.

Speak to her. Tell her also you are entilited to nit give every waking moment you tmhave to her

1 Like

l get paid over $167 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18841 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingincome368.pages.dev/

Jonny won the fight for all of y’all​:rofl::joy::rofl::joy: just buy her some flowers and say sorry. You heard!!!

2 Likes

Sounds like shes the one who doesn’t care about you or your feelings…

2 Likes

I was glued to that trial too so lol watched every minute of it and my husband knew when it was on, I was busy :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

She gives off Amber Heard vibes. Run lol

5 Likes

You’re not an asshole at all. Take her :lollipop: away from her and tell her to grow up.

It’s ok she’ll get over it. I ignored my husband everytime I was watching that.
Now that it’s over I have time for him.
That was an easy win, she lied so bad.

Maybe her dog stepped on a bee :honeybee: lol, yeah she’s being petty tbh

Sounds like she was just looking for a reason to go somewhere else tbh

5 Likes

She is def overreacting if this is the full story. Unless you just said it very rudely or something. I’m not sure why she would throw a fit over this :laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

This for real.o a needy woman

No. She sounds like the one who doesn’t care

Bro, I wouldn’t have cared what she had to say at that moment either. I was tuned in and nothing and no one was going to bother me. Tell me after the fact and we’ll talk. Really though, she sounds spoiled and like if the attention isn’t always in her all the time then she acts up. That’s more concerning.

4 Likes

You should :poop: on her bed.

18 Likes

No she sounds like a drama queen my friend.

1 Like

Sounds like she should grow up and shes taking it to extreme.

1 Like

If you want peace in your life, your girlfriend is always right. You’re always wrong.

4 Likes

I’m confused when this page became Reddit’s Am I The Asshole page. What in god’s green earth does this have to do with mothering or mamas at all!?

Over reaction on her part…trials over…move on

2 Likes

No that was addicting and I watched the whole Johnny depp thing too lol

1 Like

I’m sure it’s not just about this particular situation. If a woman is feeling that way, it’s prob because of other things as well. It’s obviously something bigger. Especially since she did make the decision to stay elsewhere.

4 Likes

No you are not!!!. She sounds like a drama queen. If she can use that as an excuse to leave for a night, who knows what else she’ll use as an excuse

2 Likes

I would’ve blocked her

Nope she’s hardly giving you a chance! Life is not always about “her” grow up girl

2 Likes

I feel like there’s some more stuff we’re not being told.

11 Likes

Nope not the ahole. Sounds like your girlfriend needs to stop being a drama Queen. And she actually left for the night cause of it smh that’s ridiculous honestly.

3 Likes

Oh boy. I had trouble getting all caught up in that trial. I never did take much stock in celebrities butting heads. They have such an obscene amount of money that it doesn’t really make a difference who wins and who loses. I know, it’s the principle of the thing, but I say let the courts decide. I’m just trying to keep my head above water. As for whether or not you’re an AH for missing what your girlfriend wanted to tell you, I suppose what she needed to say could have waited, but in the grand scheme of things, Johnny Depp and his ex don’t affect your income and her job does. That’s probably why she blew her cool. I think flowers and a dinner out are probably in order here. From you to her. Tell her you’re sorry and next time you’ll let old Johnny handle his financial problems without you. I’d say that should go a little way to convincing her that she’s important to you too.

Give her a midol and carry on

1 Like

Oh boy. I had trouble getting all caught up in that trial. I never did take much stock in celebrities butting heads. They have such an obscene amount of money that it doesn’t really make a difference who wins and who loses. I know, it’s the principle of the thing, but I say let the courts decide. I’m just trying to keep my head above water. As for whether or not you’re an AH for missing what your girlfriend wanted to tell you, I suppose what she needed to say could have waited, but in the grand scheme of things, Johnny Depp and his ex don’t affect your income and her job does. That’s probably why she blew her cool. I think flowers and a dinner out are probably in order here. From you to her. Tell her you’re sorry and next time you’ll let old Johnny handle his financial problems without you. I’d say that should go a little way to convincing her that she’s important to you too.

that is why i tape things, just in case. the verdict was read and over you wouldn’t of missed it if you did listen to her. oh well.

1 Like

She sounds needy. I can’t stand a needy person.

4 Likes

Bloody hell all the hours people put into that trial (me included) i dont blame you telling her to hold on a moment. we were all bloody hooked :joy: i would of said cool enjoy your night away im’a have a mega pint anyway :rofl:

7 Likes

She had to have something else going on. Unless it was an emergency it could wait a few minutes. I would have ask her to wait as well.

3 Likes

She sounds like a drama queen

4 Likes

Your all good, She’s being petty, maybe she needs a counselor to stop being so needy and learn how to be emotionally independent.

7 Likes

Why did she feel the need to update you about her job every time she got an alert? She sounds dramatic if she feelings got hurt over that.

7 Likes

No you are not
Finding another place to stay because you asked her to wait to share one message for a few minutes is a little over the top
A little self indulgent hissy fit would have sufficed, better yet a mature, sure it can wait a few would have been better

1 Like

Something else is going with your girl…

4 Likes

It’s her job, not your job right? So, Her job updates don’t affect you. I would have to ask her to wait also, because I’ve been waiting for such and such, and you’ve already gotten a shot ton of messages. Damn. Sorry girlfriend, “ but you can get glad in the same pants you got mad in”

Just wait a few hours, if she’s like me, she won’t stay mad🤗

3 Likes

Get another girlfriend

2 Likes

Is it possible that it was shark week & her emotional roller coaster was out of control.

3 Likes

If she’s usually not like this then I agree with others comments, something else might be playing on her mind… She could of just told you about work after you’d finish watching your thing :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Hopefully she was having a bad day. If not, hope it’s not a sign of how things will become. Sounds petty and needy. How long have you been together?

1 Like

Youre not an asshole at all ,She’s over reacting

Why was the verdict of a celebrity trial more important to you? Although she could have waited a couple minutes too. This whole situation is petty. :joy:

18 Likes

She’s overreacting for sure,

Nta. You are not responsible for anyone else’s feelings or emotions. She can resolve her issues with her individual therapist. Taking them out on you is inappropriate

3 Likes

No youre absolutely not the asshole.

She’s over reacting n looking for a fight imo

6 Likes

NTA! That trial had America on edge! I’ve watched the verdict while I was at work. Your gf sounds like a self absorbed spoiled brat. Just like how you have to care about her feelings and interests about conflicts at her job, she also bares a responsibility to care about your feelings and your interests. Your interest in the trial was going to be over in a matter of minutes. Her job complaint could have waited since it was literally regarding something that would relate to tomorrow.

4 Likes

Well JD is not your gf why is everyone obsessed with people not in their life. Fucking weird

Why does she need to update you on her work updates?

14 Likes

No shes being to silly about something that could have waited like you asked

2 Likes

Now.
She needs to learn respect.
I love my husband but sometimes I wait if he’s busy. :woman_shrugging: It’s not a big deal.
It’s called being an adult.

4 Likes

I feel in a partnership there should be less concern about if she is overreacting and more concern on why she is so upset. Is it possibly trivial? yes. But if it is upsetting her that much would you not want to talk to her and try and solve whatever the problem is as a team so you don’t have the same problem later? Your partner is obviously having a hard time and does not feel heard, if you truly love her you’d be more worried about that and the change of behavior and not if you are right or wrong.

9 Likes

to bad people cared more about that bullshit trial than that of Maxwell the rich child trafficking bitch. An actual issue. And petty shit like this is the reason the world is the way it is. So consumed with celebrities🙄

How old are you guys? She is being silly and looking for a fight an excuse to leave. Maybe all these updates are her side piece not work

1 Like

Both my husband and I have our moments in things we are watching/reading. We usually just ask the other to wait a sec. It’s hard for me on that sometimes as I have ADHD. so telling someone something in that very moment is important for me as in 5 minutes I can legit forget what I wanted to say. This happens for me a lot. So it can be discouraging for me to take to people. I tend to feel like they aren’t listening or they don’t care. But I know it’s not the usually case at all.

1 Like

Sounds like a build up of frustration over time, based on several incidents where she may have wanted or needed your time/attention/support, which demonstrates that you care. This current moment of what you were watching may have been the last straw for her, because wanting to leave and spend the night somewhere else to get away from you is something people say or do when they feel fed up, or so mad that they know staying and arguing will make things worse.

5 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb and say her issue is not this and there is something else bothering her…

7 Likes

She is dramatic and very much overeacting. Much peace and love ☆

2 Likes

Upset ok. But upset enough to sleep elsewhere? It was inconsiderate but not to that level. But what’s more important? Someone else’s feelings or something you could have found out later on social media?

3 Likes

No she’s being ridiculous. The update isn’t going anywhere it will still be there in a couple minutes.

1 Like

No. You are definitely NOT the Asshole. Her expectations of you are unrealistic. It sounds like she has abandonment issues. This is her stuff honey. Her trauma. If she wants to leave …let her. I would see how it feels for you to let her know you love her…but you don’t think what you were asking for was unreasonable. You wanted to see the verdict. Her making it out that you somehow slighted her…is irrational at best. You’re ALLOWED to ask for that. That’s not a slight on her in any way. People with Borderline often have these types of reactions. It’s confusing. It’s also emotionally abusive.

I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. It’s not ok for people to make you feel like shit!

I hope my comment was helpful. :heart:

Remember it’s you and her verses the problem. Not you verses her and the problem. :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

It’s something important to her and you dismissed her. It’s not even about the thing she was talking about, you hurt her feelings by the dismissal. Yeah she over reacted, people tend to do that when you hurt their feelings. A simple talk about it and a kind gesture will smooth everything over and prevent it from happening again. If it’s a continual thing then it’s going to be a constant issue, it’s up to you to decided if it’s worth it.

2 Likes

Yes. The trial verdict will be televised for days or weeks. She needed you to listen and support her in the present moment. Who is more important? Her or the Depp/Heard bs. Come on!!! Grow up.

7 Likes

You put the Johnny Depp trial before your gf. Say that out loud then let me know if you are the AH

12 Likes

Your an asshole, celebrities lives are not more important than your gf life. You could have read the verdict later

Both of y’all need to grow up.

5 Likes

No. She’s probably just stressed and doesn’t realize how much she’s unloading on you. Give her a minute to cool down and have a talk with her. Let her know how you’re feeling and then listen to how she’s feeling.

4 Likes

You could have paused the tv. My mom does this with me often and I pause the tv to listen and then press play. But, she needed your support in that moment. The trial verdict didn’t matter to her. You should have been there for her.

6 Likes

Depends is work all she has outside of you? If so of course she’s sharing with you- and yes that makes you the ah. Also sounds like you dk that a lot or she wouldn’t have reacted drastically. Learn to deal with what she likes or deal with this. She has feelings

2 Likes

It’s important to her and you were dismissive. You were more concerned about the Depp/Heard verdict instead of listening to her. That was going on for almost 2 months.

So yeah. You were the asshole.

It sounds like there’s more going on with her than what you know or think. If she’s sharing these updates to work with you means that she feels comfortable sharing with you (as she should considering you’re her partner) as well as wants to talk to you about them. I know you said you knew of the other updates but asking for her to wait for after the verdict of the Johnny and Amber trial to tell you what the newest update was does sound shitty and quite honestly dismissive. It sounds like you care more about this trial than your partner, her feelings, as well as how she is doing with these updates/changes at work. She might not feel comfortable, be anxious with the changes/updates, impact normal schedule where you and her won’t be with each other normally, etc. It definitely does sound like something more is going on with her and you need to find out.