My friends want me to watch their kids for free: Thoughts?

I was wondering if you could give me some advice. I just moved in with my friends, and they have three kids because they both watch. I’ve been in charge of watching the kids now they both want to be a truck driver, so they would be gone for three weeks at a time I would be responsible for their kids full time, and even when they are here, I’m still responsible for feeding them and bathing them, but they don’t want to pay me anything, and I was wondering is it wrong of me to say demand at least some pay

They should def be paying you or they should find someone else to watch their kids

What was the arrangements made when you moved in with them? did you move in to their place or are you guys roommate renting off someone? are you paying some kind of board or rent to them or to someone to be there or are you living there for free?

If you are renting from them or you guys are all roommates renting from someone else then I would ask for payment. If you are paying your way, especially to some other landlord then it definitely isn’t your responsibility to look after the kids if it wasn’t part of a rental agreement. They are just using you and that is unfair. If they are letting you live rent free in their home then it is kind of harder to demand/ask for payment. They may have thought if you where living rent free in their home you would chip in with household chores including child care. If you are living in their home then I wouldn’t demand money per say but I would simply ask them what is their expectations are and bring it up that way. If there expectation is you look after the kids instead of paying rent, then you need to decide if you want to live by those terms or move out.