My friend got mad I didn't tell her I had a boyfriend: Advice?

No matter what, your life is going to move forward with or without her! The sad truth you may never get a reason why she truly turned on you over a man but just know you can live and learn. I would for peace of mind write to her let her know it was a nice friendship, Best Wishes and find new happiness. I’m sure lots of people are looking for a friend.

2 Likes

A true friend is there for you no matter the situation. Good or bad. She was a convenience friend…in other words. A friend when it suited her. Move on. If you meant that much to her she wouldn’t be acting like a baby. It’s a one sided friendship and that is toxic and negative.

3 Likes

Maybe she thought u /yall was feeling each other.

Not much of a friend, so u couldn’t have lost much, maybe she liked u ina different way, maybe she liked this guy , who knows but I don’t want that kind of friend . Move on

1 Like

Almost half a yr later and she’s still ignoring. I’d cut loose.

3 Likes

Maybe she likes you more than a friend and now she’s upset because she maybe thought you liked her the same way. You said you never talked about boys.

3 Likes

Maybe your boyfriend is banging her too :woman_shrugging:t3: I mean if he just had a baby with someone else sounds
Like he moves fast

It wasn’t a secret, it just wasn’t the “friends” business.

2 Likes

No offence but it sounds like a silly jealous teenager. Do what makes you happy xx

1 Like

I’m not sure you have skills in picking friends. She obviously thinks she is entitled to know everything in your life and that is earned by being close and her sharing as well. Maybe you should just call her and say, “ you know, we never talked about boys, but I didn’t know I couldn’t have a boyfriend and still be friends with you. Have an honest conversation and if she won’t do that- the friendship is over. Use birth control with the boyfriend too, because his track record isn’t so great either - protect your self!! There are plenty of men out there without baggage and you owe it to yourself to find that!

Your so called friend needs to grow up!

She’s not your friend. She wanted more and you ruined that. Why else would she be mad about a boyfriend ?

1 Like

Why is she all bothered about you having a boyfriend though? I think that is the real question here…

She doesn’t sound like much of a friend. Seems she’s mad she didn’t get the news first so she could gossip about you.

You didn’t really have her as a friend in the first place. I think you should just move on. Life is too short to waste time on people like that

What are y’all like 16? If you’re so concerned take it up with her not tell fb all

Are we in high school?

What is her problem!? I know, SHE’S NOT YOUR FRIEND!

2 Likes

Let her go you are wasting precious time in someone that doesn’t respond back.

1 Like

Real friends don’t pick fights. Let her go. You deserve better.

1 Like

Let her go. A true friend would stay in touch.

Let her be its on her now

1 Like

Ask her if she means a lot to you if not honey her wishes

Move on. Find a new friend

Move on, she obviously has with no concern for you. Give your friendship to someone who deserves it.

You have lost nothing. She was never your friend, she was just someone you liked. Now you know that she’s just a shallow b**** move on.

1 Like

Maybe she has a crush on you?

Maybe she liked you and was afraid to tell u , so when she found out u had a boyfriend , she knew that there was no reason for her to be there…
Try talking to her about it

1 Like

So you guys were so close and she was your only friend, but she found out from a person who knows a person who saw it on FB from him, not you… definately not a close friend move. She probably wonders what else you don’t share with her and doesn’t feel like you’re that close if you didn’t tell her. If it’s been a year she isn’t your friend anymore and doesn’t want to be. You hurt her, you learned a lesson and hopefully you can make new friends and not repeat them!

Sounds like shes a jealous bitch. A real friend should be happy for you and you don’t owe her any type of explanation. Tell her to grow the f up and carry on with your life. If she wants to reach out, she knows how to. Tip for life: NEVER beg anyone to be in your life…friend, family, partner etc. Good luck to your future with this guy and hope you’ll find better friends xx

Yall come to fb for the weirdest stuff come
On ppl grow a pair ! No you dont have to explain your LIFE to anybody !! And if she left you as a friend then she was never your friend in the first place :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

She was not your friend

Sounds like she wanted to be more than friends

2 Likes

She might be struggling and going through some really hard times, too. A lot of people are. Reach out to her, apologize out of kindness and go have dinner with her. She might need a familiar listening ear.

I never understood why people got mad at other people for not telling them all of their business cause their friends. So to me if she isn’t your friend not much of loss in my opinion. Someone who needs to know every part of your life sounds exhausting to me.

That’s her lost cos if she thinks you’ve lost her nah it’s her that’s lost a friend cos you’ve got a boyfriend n life goes on she’s not your only friend, You’ve got better things to worry than worrying about her or does she want to be a friendfriend with you​:kiss: just saying​:rofl::rofl::joy::joy:

It sounds like y’all are young, tbh and there’s some jealously going on.

Toxic and she sounds possessive of you.

Wierd thing to get too upset over.

Have you asked your friend why she’s so upset?

Say goodbye and move on with your life

Sounds like she is acting like a jealous boyfriend

Wow guys. Nice answers :+1: so quick to talk about maturity…

To answer this woman’s question. If you feel in your gut there is something going on to be concerned about yes by all means contact the snot outta her. Make sure your friend is okay first. Then work on your relationship after. She may be struggling and felt left out by you for not telling her something as important as finding a love life. She may feel like a unwanted third wheel and is giving you space that she may assume you want in the first place. Be clear you miss her and you’re sorry for not telling her. Make sure she understands you didn’t mean to hurt her feelings.
It’s good to apologize well even if you feel she shouldn’t be hurt. Because she is clearly. And her feelings are important too. Hopefully you guys work through it and come out better friends :heart:

I would say do it, don’t expose too much in case she doesn’t respond and be prepared for the rejection in case and then probably you are better off but reach out, try to amwnd it and then at least you know you did what you could and have no regrets. Be prepared for it to go either way, best wishes and good luck.

1 Like

Sounds like you need a new friend. And one no longer with the maturity of a junior high schooler.

2 Likes

Girl you don’t want a friend like that!..move on be happy happiness is the best revenge :hugs:

1 Like