My family members don't think I should leave my kids for work: Advice?

I need opinions some of my family members think I shouldn’t be doing this butI’m a single mom to 2 kids and I take care of them all the time and am with them all the time and a product that I use is having a convention where kids are not allowed to go and I am planning on going this year I have a babysitter all lined up and payed for and my bills are paid for and my kids have everything that they need should I go on this trip for 7 days and have fun or should I listen to my family and wait until my kids are 18 my kids are 11 and 5

100 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/my-family-members-dont-think-i-should-leave-my-kids-for-work-advice/20900

Your family’s opinions don’t matter. As long as the kids are taken care of you’re good to go.

7 Likes

I couldn’t ever leave my kids for over 2 days. But that’s me.

3 Likes

Is this even a question? Unless your family pays the bills and they are babysitting…their opinion is of no consequence. Go. You need the time for yourself.

6 Likes

Get OUT momma. Your kids are well loved and it’s ok to have you time too.

4 Likes

Absolutely go! Your kids will be just fine for a week without you.

3 Likes

I went on a week vacation from my 3.kids was best vacation ever I love my kids but momma.needs a break sometimes too.so go.and.have a great time !

2 Likes

Take. The. Trip. :raised_hands:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

A convention or vacay… it doesn’t matter. Your only identity is not just mom. You are a person as well. I would take the trip, especially if your kids are taken care of for the week.

4 Likes

Go. They won’t even remember you were gone after a month.

2 Likes

It sounds like you are a great Mom and take care of everything so you 100% should go have fun and enjoy yourself. If you trust the babysitter with your kids for that long, your opinion is the only one that matters. Don’t worry about what your family says if you’re the sole provider for your children! Go have fun and enjoy yourself!! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Take the trip babes; everyone should get to go on a trip and relax.

1 Like

Go!!! Twice a year I take solo trips. I’m still Tiffiny even with kids we all need to recharge

3 Likes

I would never leave them…

5 Likes

Mom’s need time to themselves too!

2 Likes

Self care is so very important!!! We as mothers tend to give give and give of ourselves because that’s what mothers do!! But in that process, we are not filling ourselves back up!! We need to take time to do some things that bring us joy and happiness! And as long as your bills are paid, and your kids are well taken care of then you go and have a great time! Do not let family dictate what you should be doing!!!

4 Likes

Go have fun and relax, recharge

2 Likes

Go and enjoy yourself you deserve it

2 Likes

Questions to think about …

1. Does anyone that is giving advice, pay my bills?.
  2. Do you really care about what other people think?
  3. Don’t you deserve some mom time?
    …hope you’re packed and ready to go. My bf taught me a saying…DILLIGAF…
1 Like

My youngest is 18, so I purposely planned a trip after she goes to college in the fall. I have never taken one alone because I’m married but if I wasn’t I’d be doing trips alone or with girlfriends. I say you need something to look forward to, it’s a basic need

Single mom = always with the kids.
Single dad = plenty of time to go have fun.
it’s one time you have checked all the boxes for them i say go.

1 Like

Definitely hoping you decide to go! Enjoy yourself :clinking_glasses::heart: You’ve earnt it x

1 Like

Take the trip. The opportunities to take time without your kids will probably be few and far between as your kids grow up so take it while you can. My husband got to do work trips while ours were young and I did not but I enjoyed my one three day trip I got. (Great brain resetter too for handling kidos)

Go have fun moms deserve time too!! They will be fine as long as you have a good babysitter

1 Like

Think of it this way.
You going on vacation is giving your children a chance to learn some independence away from mom. They get to experience feelings and get a chance to work through them.
It’s good for all of you to have time away.
Go and enjoy yourself!!
Just be supportive of your kids if they feel sad or happy! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Go! U never know what could happen.

Take the trip, you’re not the first parent in the world to take a trip, take it, enjoy it

Live you’re life. You can’t pour from an empty cup. You’re not abandoning your kids, it’s 1 week…

2 Likes

Take the trip you need it

Yes you should go !!!

I’m confused you said leave your kids for work but in the post it’s a convention for a product that you use and should you go for seven days and have fun …are you going to go to work / get paid or are you going to go to party / have fun for seven days

Heck no off you go :rofl::rofl: just because your a mum dont mean you cant do anything without them aslong as you are happy they are going to be looked after, time away from kids is good, since my boy was a baby I have had breaks away, work trips, holidays abroad without him, you need time to be you aswell xx

Take the trip.You deserve this.Youre not leaving them forever.

1 Like

What now? Girl, go. You are doing nothing wrong and you are taking care of your kids. Tell those “family members” to stay in their own lane. Geez.

1 Like

Go and enjoy yourself. I don’t know you but you sound like a good Mom. You have to have some me time, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Enjoy your trip.

1 Like

Go. You need a break sometimes. Plus it’s for work.

Take the trip
A burned out mommy is not good for the kids

1 Like

No you definitely go and have a great time. You dont have to answer to anyone especially since all your ducks are in a row and your kids are taken care of. Being a single Mom especially means you need a break and time away. This will benefit all of you, have a wonderful time!

2 Likes

Oh fudge that. Why the hell would you have to wait for 18 if you have someone to look after them? That’s ridiculous. You need a break. A burnt out mum is no good for kids.

3 Likes

Go, if you are comfortable temporally leaving them with someone that you trust, then you should. Having them attached to your side all of the time will not teach your kids confidence and could result in them becoming clingy and not able to discern what is safe. Nobody likes needy whiny kids and unless you have other interests in something else, you will end up resenting your life and unable to have adult conversation. Do what you believe is right and is in yours and your families best interest. Nobody else’s business. :slightly_smiling_face:

Go! And enjoy yourself girl!

I would be telling my family to sod off. I’m going! I got someone to take care of my children and they have everything they Need!

2 Likes

Yes you should go. Your kids will be fine. It is perfectly OK to have sometime for yourself especially as a single mom.

1 Like

Go on the trip! You’ll have fun. The kids will be fine.

you know when mine were small i was told the same thing, make your kids your whole world and you dont need anything else, im saying go if you got it all covered go dont do what i did

You should really just do what you want to do and what’s best for you. No one else controls what you do in your life but yourself.

1 Like

This says for work? Are you leaving to go a vacation?

Go ,live and teach your kids that’s how life is done .

Go. Have fun. Take a break and relax. You deserve some time away.

Girl, GO! Your kids will be fine! You are allowed to travel and especially for work! If they are supporting you or helping you or offering to take them then great! But they aren’t….they need to stay in their lane!

1 Like

Your family need to mind their own business. It’s ok to enjoy time without your kids. Go, have fun. Don’t let anyone guilt you.

1 Like

Our lives as parents don’t start once the kids grow up and leave. Show your kids how to live life and enjoy yours. Remember tomorrow is not promised

1 Like

Go girl if you got it all lined out and set.Do it!

Go and have fun. There is no reason not to go. I hate when people act like moms are supposed to spend every second with their children and aren’t allowed to ever get a break. I hope you go and have an amazing time!

2 Likes

You’re going to be Educated…And if you get to have a little fun while there then that’s a bonus! Wow… Your family members need to mind their own business.

1 Like

TAKE THE TRIP! Your family members are wrong! Even if it was strictly pleasure, you deserve it. It actually makes us better parents to still know who WE are.

4 Likes

As long as you have a reliable babysitter whereas your kids are safe and well taken care of and you have a backup plan to either contact you directly or another responsible adult in case of an emergency there is absolutely no reason why you can’t take a much needed and deserved break to rewind a bit. We all need that from time to time. I’d tell the family to butt out and you go and enjoy yourself :woman_shrugging:t3:

No!! Go on the trip! They are not babies!

GO! Your family needs to mind their own business! Your kids will be fine :slightly_smiling_face:
Have tons of fun!

4 Likes

You are having your kids cared for while you’re away. Go and enjoy. You can’t put off everything until your kids are grown! You deserve a life to enjoy too.

4 Likes

Please take the break. Its better for your mental health, which enables you to be an even better mother! People will always have something to say.

1 Like

GO Go Go and have fun.

2 Likes

Girl go have fun. Fk ur fam

2 Likes

Go. Take the trip mama :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Go! Go! Go! Your kids will be fine while you’re gone. And you’re not a bad mom for wanting this either. Have fun on your trip. Your family will get over it.

2 Likes

Girl go…take me with you

2 Likes

Go! You need a break and your kids do too!

1 Like

You go girl and have a fabulous time!

2 Likes

Go and have a great time.

2 Likes

You’re allowed to do fun things without your kids. Go have fun.

4 Likes

Go. You deserve. Eff what anyone else thinks. You’ll all benefit.

2 Likes

You go! 100% you take that trip. Don’t let anyone make you feel guilty.

2 Likes

You go… do NOT listen to those negative ppl in your life. Your bills are paid, your kids are provided for, you have a reliable sitter… go have a great time. You absolutely deserve it

2 Likes

Go for it and talk to them every night and every day. They will be fine. You get some you time!

2 Likes

It’s 7 days. Live your life! If there are so concerned they should keep your children.

3 Likes

Go! Don’t let them make you feel guilty. Have a great time. Relax!

Go to the convention. As long as you hired a safe responsible adult to watch them I don’t see a problem

l get paid over $130 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18400 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.
M0re Info. https://jobznet260.pages.dev/

If you fully trust the babysitter then you should go. Being a Mom doesn’t mean that you do nothing for yourself.

3 Likes

Maybe your family could take the kids or 1 kid to another family member, give them a mini vacation.

Go… You need a break away from the kids

1 Like

GO HAVE FUN!! please have a drink for us moms that can’t get away. You deserve it :clap:

Go if you know if that you can trust your babysitter and even have a family member check in on them are a true friend check in on them you deserve a break you need a break you are entitled

Go you won’t get another chance.

Fuck your family lol(sorry not sorry) you pay your bills…THEY are not watching the kids, THEY are not invested monetarily in any of this… give em 2 middles and go to your convention… and be safe doing so!

Go everything sorted for your kids go let loose

Are you kidding me???
You absolutely should go.
You have everything taken care of, you need to do things for yourself also.

You are a grown adult and your business is handled! They have no right in what you have or want to do! And a job the reality is that its the perfect getaway from the house and it honestly makes you feel good! I hate the way I feel right now not working!

1 Like

Best thing u can do for yourself is, go have fun and be all fresh for the next few months/year’s first off as a mom, grandma and great grandma it is none of their business. let them babysit and walk in your shoes for a week

1 Like

Do ya mama ur bills r paid ur babies r very well taken care of. Mama’s need to be able to just be a woman. Ya definitely deserves it!!

1 Like

It sounds to me like you have your bases pretty well covered. Make sure you leave emergency numbers for the babysitter. Your hotel, your cellphone, a designated family member or trusted friend. It might be a good idea to get a letter notarized giving that adult friend permission to make medical decisions for you for the kids in case you can’t be reached for some reason in an emergency. It probably won’t happen, but better safe than sorry. With all that handled, I think you’re set to go.

3 Likes

Does your family pay your bills?

2 Likes

hell no get to packing you have everything covered there YOUR kids so you make the decisions

1 Like

You should go and have fun.

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t go, but it’s kinda different my son has learning difficulties and separation anxiety. But if your kids are happy and your happy with the babysitter, keep the lines of communication open and enjoy!

1 Like

You’re a grown adult. You make your own choices. You decide what you want to do. Don’t let others decide for you. You do you.

4 Likes

GOOOOO!!! Take the trip!!!

Unless they pay your bills you don’t have to answer to anyone. Go have fun as long as those kids are in capable hands.

1 Like

Your family have their own concerns & fears. You can hear them out but in the end YOU have to make the choices for yourself & your kids.