My ex has been texting our daughter that I am "evil" and keeping her from him: Advice?

Court orders for a communication app the court can monitor. It’s abusive to the child to be put into the middle of this period. Block his number on her phone and be done with it. File the modification ASAP. What he is doing is psychologically damaging your child.

3 Likes

Change her number and don’t give it to him. He can contact her through you.

Take it to a judge that he’s trying to mentally abuse your child

1 Like

If she’s under age… Set up her phone through the courts… He will stop that really fast !!! Get you a PAPER trail started… You need PROOF…PROOF…PROOF !!!

Unfortunately i went through something similar, my advice is make the order “petty”. When I say petty I mean like I have it in my court order to where he (my ex) can call our son at certain days and times, keep everything! I mean EVERYTHING! It will help you in the long run! No phone calls or text messages are allowed to come through after a certain time I have in there that he is not to talk to his son about me and my SO. My court order is petty, but with mine I unfortunately had to take that route along with harassment charges against him.

1 Like

Turn off messaging and let him know he can call via your phone anytime he would like to have a conversation with her. But you’re no longer letting a child have access to text services.
You can’t keep him from his child. It’s stupid and immature on his part, but you need to make sure he has a way to communicate. That does not mean through her phone.
You’re daughter is not dumb. She will see what’s going on and make her own decisions about each of you.
If you try to keep them from having contact it will come back to bite you. Just because you two don’t like each other, doesn’t mean you have to stoop to his level.

2 Likes

U can communicate through Family Wizard. A platform to mitigate these exact issues.

1 Like

Your daughter will figure out, as she gets older, who was true and who was hurtful. I know it is parental instinct to want to protect her from the emotional abuse. Unfortunately you can’t control what he says or does. You can take legal action to have it put in writing that he is not allowed to disparage you in front of her. I believe you will need to file a modification to the existing court order. When he breaks the order, bring him back for contempt. Eventually he will get the message.

In the meantime, seek out a mental health counselor for your daughter… the best defense is a good offense. Find someone who specializes in narcissistic personality disorder so the counselor and your daughter can have frank discussions about what she is experiencing.

Just think really hard about whether no contact is really what’s best for your daughter or whether that will end up (in your daughter’s mind) making her feel like maybe dad was right? He’s accusing you of keeping her from him in his texts to her and then you respond by seeking no contact.
Not knocking you bc I totally see your side here. Just thinking about it from the child perspective.

1 Like

Unpopular opinion but block his number.

1 Like

Court ordered therapy

Block his number from the child’s phone 🤷 setup scheduled times he can call or video chat with child on your phone, unfortunately you can’t control what people say but you can limit when that person has phone time and visits with child… If he has an issue with it always tell him to take it in front of the judge

Super unpopular opinion apparently, but I’ve been the child. If she’s old enough to have a phone, then she’s mature enough to handle discussions about the topic and should be able to express how she feels. Take into account how she’s feeling. Allow her to access her dad when she wants. Even if it hurts you to be away from her. Cause in the end, she’ll know the truth. And I really wished my parents listened to me instead of I’m calling the fn lawyer. It shows the child you care how they feel. And really I felt like they were so immature for it. And now we dont have any relationships at all, my brother as well.

1 Like

Let him b a father to jis daughter plz
.ur daughter needs her dats d reason y he’s so upset…plz tnk before u act…a

I believe in all custody papers there is a section that says neither parent can speak ill of the other parent to the child. I would look at your order bc if he’s talking shit to her about you, that’s a violation