My childs preschool sent her poop home in a baggie....advice?

Y’all. I need to know how y’all would feel & what y’all would do (if anything). DD is potty training at home & school, she is 2.5. Her teacher gave me a bag @ pick up that had some soiled underwear (pped her pants). I just opened the bag & the pp is lit. Erally. In the underwear still??? Like for what? I just tossed them because that was just wrong. I feel a little pissed they would give them back with the pP.O. p still inside. Idk am I over reacting?

13 Likes

Not allowed to wash them due to health regulations. Can’t throw them away because they are personal property. Pretty much code in every state.

17 Likes

I would have been understanding and just let it go. Not their jobs to wash out soiled clothes and not their right to decide if they should be thrown away. If they had thrown them away you would have likely been just as upset. If you don’t want them sending home soiled clothes give them permission to throw them away.

10 Likes

I’ve been a daycare teacher for years and we are not legally allowed to rinse soiled clothes/undies. It’s probably the case with your child daycare as well.

4 Likes

I would never expect my child’s teachers to touch and clean out her icky panties…toss em in a bag they go… my child my responsibility

7 Likes

I used to work daycare. Yes some teachers will go ahead and try to rinse them out BUT most daycare centers have rules (per health department) saying they aren’t supposed to. As an old daycare teacher AND a mom I understand why your upset but you also need to understand the teacher might just be following rules.

31 Likes

It’s fine, they don’t want to you to be mad if they throw it away. It’s like giving u the option of what u wanna do with it. Because some parents will want to clean them.

6 Likes

My daycare did the exact same thing … I was pissed. I did say something and they agreed and apologized and said it must have been a mistake.

1 Like

I worked at a Montessori Pre School We would just throw it away like you would a diaper and had plenty of little new underwear to change into if those accidents happened. No big deal … it is embarrassing enough without acting like the child committed a crime or something!

1 Like

I mean, it depends. If it was a solid turd then they could have just dumped that in the toilet. But if it’s that toddler mush poop do you really expect them to scrape it out?

Okay, I was actually like wtf till I read the comments, I suppose that makes sense that they wouldn’t clean it for health reasons. (I’ve yet to do daycare so I don’t know what they do)
I suppose just let it go, and just try to understand that they’re not being rude it’s just not something they’re allowed to do! :heart:

If they are potty training- they should go to daycare in a pull up, and not wear underwear until it is a dry a full day for at least a week because it’s more sanitary but I get it, they should have thrown the poop in the toilet at least. What does their parent handbook say about toilet training? If you don’t know, it’s worth asking.

If you are talking day care. I do think they should rinse them. Pre school no. The teachers should not be responsible for this

1 Like

Our center we are not aloud to wash them out, we kind of shake what we can out though, well i do.
Maybe just speak to them and say your happy for them to throw her underwear in the bin if they are soiled.

I was a preschool teacher. Per our health department we could not rinse or clean out underwear. I’m sure the teacher feels bad about it but she could lose her job if she doesn’t follow rules

10 Likes

I worked in daycare 10 years ago and we where not allowed to wash out underwear (health department rule)
Made for some mad parents :confused:

26 Likes

Oooo no mama you are not wrong for being upset. At that point if you were going to send it home like that…toss it and tell me she had an accident. I hate it when we say they are potty trained and they have an accident. Sorry our babies are human! :heart: be mad lol

1 Like

They have too because if they throw out the clothes they would also be responsible.
Just throw them out

Just plan to throw out a lot of underwear during potty training because yes they send them home and they are disgusting and not worth washing.

unless it is a solid turd, no change the child bag up clothes and send them home. when i ran my own daycare we cant scrub out poop undies in sinks. Unsanitary- i mean do you expect them to scrub them out in a toilet- again usually they have children waiting and need to be watched not hand washing your childs clothes.
Then they can get fecal matter up nails, on clothes any splashes. It isnt their responsibility to scrub underwear its ridiculous. I gave parents of just straight tossing it but this post is extra and why daycare providers get annoyed by parents who literally will nit pick anything and everything. We have rules by dhhs that we have to follow.

I’ve had same thing. They will remove soiled clothing but don’t wash it, just bag it and warn the parents.

Ok, what I got from this was they literally sent the poop and the undies home.

Like actual excrement!!! That is gross, surely they are allowed to take the physical excrement out of the undies and dispose of it in the toilet.

What every else is commenting makes it sound like it was skid marks (hopefully that isn’t what she is referring to, otherwise she is over reacting)

1 Like

I don’t blame them for not cleaning the underwear but no excuse to send poo poo home

1 Like

It’s not their job to determine what you want done with soiled undies and not everyone has the money to just toss every pair of underpants.

I work at a preschool state rules say your not supposed to dump it.

2 Likes

Smoke sure she has spare pairs of underwear and ask that if this happens again that they throw it out . Say you give them permission to do so .

Mine at least tries to rinse it but they will send the undies and soiled clothes home

1 Like

I told mine if they poop in them just toss them away.

Hard to fight the health department… Maybe you can tell them to throw them out… Most require a change of clothes

Uuuhhh what?! I’ve never had this happen. I’d send extra pants and underwear with her and if this happened I was asked if they should throw the underwear away or send it home. I told them to toss the underwear but send the pants/shorts home. I am told at pickup she had an accident and that they tossed the underwear. Never sent home with it

4 Likes

Switch daycare immediately.

1 Like

It’s not their job to clean the shit out of ur kids pants. U have some real audacity lady. Check yourself. All they gotta do is bag the dirty clothes. Don’t like it, toss em yourself. Some people.

You’re not wrong! Speak with the owner of the facity!! Someone needs to find another job!

8 Likes

No, you are not!!! Report them!

1 Like

I currently work in a childcare facility and have worked in the same one for 17 years, I don’t know what state you guys all live in but I have never heard that you weren’t aloud to wash out soiled clothing wheather it’s pee or poop. And we have had accidents with our state inspectors present when cleaning soiled clothes.

1 Like

Potty training send pull-ups problem solved

My daycare isn’t allowed to dumb or rinse out underwear. It’s a health code violation. You can give them permission to throw them away if they’re shitty. I opted to potty train mine there with pull-ups for that reason.

I have worked in many nursery settings, and all have there own rules when it comes to toilet training and what to do with soiled clothing. But in all the settings we would depose of the poop, before putting the soiled clothing into a bag to send home. If we have spoken to the parent before hand and have their consent to throw the clothing away if they are unsaveable we will and we would confirm this at pick up. I’ve worked in one nursery where they said we had to rinse the pants in the toilet to get rid off the poo before bagging. But there was always a risk the pants would be flushed down if you let go.

1 Like