My child has croup...what can I do for him?

Hey ladies so my son has croup I now have 103 fever and body aches /chills what can I do to help ?

2 Likes

If their fever is that high definitely give them some ibuprofen  or Motrin something. My daughter had it a year ago and could not sleep because every time she would lay down, no matter how much her pillows were propped up, she would cough nonstop 
So I had to hold her in my arms in a sitting position all night on the couch so she could sleep some
I layed back so I could kinda sleep here and there too
If the meds don’t break the fever and it’s consistent take them back to doctors
Hope for a speedy recovery

Go outside and breath the fresh air if it’s cold where your at bundle up and it’s actually better for them . My son had it a few years ago in the Winter and the er dr told me to bundle up and let him breath in the cold air . It actually helped with him coughing so much , the steamed shower also works. Croup is the worst ! I hope he gets better soon!

I use cool mist for my toddler and if that doesn’t help I give him a warm bath. My sister gives her daughter Albuterol in Nebulizer.

See a doctor and get steroids, in the mean time Panadol and ibuprofen and either steam from shower or humidifier.

1 Like

Cool mist humidifier, Vicks on chest and feet. If it gets to bad they may need some steroids from pediatrician

Let the shower run and sit in there with the door closed, the steam helps

Cup your hand and burp them. It’ll break up the phlegm.

Prayers for you and your son

Turn the shower on really hot, shut the door and let the bathroom get steamed up for a few minutes, then sit in the bathroom and just breath

My son ended up hospitalized due to croup. Its horrible. Only thing that helped him was lots of rest and tylenol :confused: he ended up needing breathing treatments too.