My boyfriend wants me to delete every photo of my ex: Thoughts?

I have been in a relationship with my now husband for almost 5 years (5 in March) and I just took down the pictures of my sons biological father🤷🏻‍♀️
I have finally taken them down as bio dad hasn’t been in the picture in over 3 years.
But in the beginning I asked him if it bothered him. And he said no, because its important for dawson to know where he came from.

Sounds like your holding on to your ex and I’m sure if the shoe was on the other foot it wouldn’t fit your liking either. He on the other hand should handle it more mature. If your son has a picture of his father in his room fine. But to have your bd just shrined all over the house screams your still holding on and the fact that this is occurring is bringing insecurities out of your guy.

2 Likes

That’s a big red flag!!!

No. Why? Bc one, that may be all you have of his father. Fuck that.

You should do what YOU want; otherwise…trust me, it will get worse.

Find a new boyfriend

I have 1000s of pictures w my ex. But they include my sons in them. Although I’m not with their father I don’t want to get rid of the memories for my kids to have. I just feel that way.

No that’s memories for your son. You keep those photos.

1 Like

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:
Too jealous for me. Its not like you have you and your ex and your son as your profile picture (I’m assuming lol)

1 Like

Get rid of the boyfriend.

1 Like

He’s not just an ex, he’s the father of your child. Your boyfriend seems insecure and jealous. Time for a new one

2 Likes

Red flag. Get the fuck out of that relationship now.

We all have a history and a past. Tell him to build a bridge and get over it. Guessing he deletes all his memories. Or does he?! Xxx

Your new bf needs to become your old bf.

2 Likes

Any pic with or without your son’s father belongs to your son. I wouldn’t delete any pic of all of us or him with his kids or even by himself. I would not even entertain that relationship. He doesn’t own your soul. These are red flags to me

2 Likes

Heck no. Those are memories for your baby! Save them for him!

Yes get him out of you and your son’s life,

2 Likes

Maybe make your son his own album with those photos in it for him and then an album that he has of you and him and he can bring the one of him and his dad to dads house. Idk just trying to brainstorm :slight_smile:

I would save a couple pics of you and your ex with your son for your son. He will probably like to see a pic in the future with both his birth parents.

1 Like

They should be kept for your son. Your boyfriend needs to work on his own insecurities.

1 Like

If you give in to this now itl only make his insecuires worse and youll be forever pandering to it

Tell him NO those pics are for your son and if he doesn’t like it leave him! He’s being very unreasonable and childish imo and I personally would kick him to the curb

Nope. Even if yall didn’t have a kid together- NOPE. One day all you will have is pictures to tell the story of your life and like it or not - he was a chapter in your book.

1 Like

Overreacting, extremely Insecure, probably has small PP. Why should you delete the photos that your child will want to see when they’re older that’s so selfish to even ask of someone. I can’t help but think he would be mean to your child when you’re not around Because to him your son represents the past with another man, And clearly he can’t handle that because he’s so bothered by photos from the past

Get rid of him just now trying to control you is not on x

Your child will want those photos some day. Put them all on a disc. Then you can delete them. You son will have the photos.

I would put one in your sons room and store the rest for your kiddo later but not destroy them and then put up some photos of all of you together. If the boyfriend is demanding the destruction of the photos and not saving them for your son huge red flag and get out of the relationship now. My now husband was divorced with 3 kids when I met him and he has pictures of the kids with their mother but they’re put away for the kids to have later along with any former family pictures. He chose to do that himself. When I moved in he suggested taking new pictures to put up as a family and the kids thought it was a good idea. To be honest I don’t know if I would have felt 100% comfortable moving in if he hadn’t made his position clear that he wanted to move forward together as a couple and family. Now we’re married and expecting a baby together and do family pics annually. I think you should have a talk with boyfriend about why he feels the way he does and come to a compromise. If he’s unwilling to talk it out and compromise get out. He’ll be way to insecure to handle a blended family situation.

I wouldn’t. That is your past and your sons father. Maybe those pictures mean nothing to you but someday they may to you kid. Coming from someone who’s mom cut my dad out of every picture after their divorce. I have 1 picture of me and my dad when I was a baby.

Tf no don’t do it it’s not his choice or decisions to tell you to take them down he need to grow up I’d tell him straight up no I’m not taking them down

Pictures do not hurt u. Save for your son. Now boyfriend should understand

Throw the whole boyfriend away

Nope. Your son has a father and to erase him for another man if he is actually involved in his son’s life would be wrong to your son. Nee boyfriend can either accept it and be apart of your family or not.:woman_shrugging:t4:

Red flag :triangular_flag_on_post: huge red flag.
Huge nope.

If any man tried to ask me to do that id laugh at him and show him the door. Got no time for that kind of insecurity.

2 Likes

Nope don’t do it. The pictures represent a lot for your son. If you boyfriend doesn’t understand that you need to delete him.

Beware of this new man’s demands. Remove him from your lives.

1 Like

Thats your life and your history. He needs to get over himself. That is a controlling act of jealousy. Keep them. If he doesn’t like it oh well

I kept all the photos of me and my children’s father and gave them to the kids when they got older. I saved them to let the kids see that they were loved and there was once upon a time we were all happy together. This boyfriend needs to grow up and work on his insecurities. Stand your ground sounds a little controlling to me if you give in to this whats next?

1 Like

Hon, please dump this ‘boy’ yesterday!

Umm no don’t do this. I would never ask my husbands ex wife to take down her pics! That is cruel and insensitive! Sounds like your bf is very controlling be careful.

It’s not like he’s a random ex boyfriend you still have pictures of. You created a life with him and whether he likes it or not your sons father will be around your entire life. This sounds like just the beginning to me. What’s next? You can’t pick up/drop off without him there? Sounds like a dead end to me if you don’t nip it in the bud now.

1 Like

Overreacting and RED FLAG ALERT!!! That is your child’s father. No matter the situation between your child and their father, it’s still their father! Period!

3 Likes

I mean print them off or store them on a iCloud or something to that nature. I wouldn’t want my husband having old photos of him and his ex wife with the kiddos. I mean I understand that was part of his life and same goes with him. My husband wouldn’t want to see photos of me and my ex and kiddo. It’s not a jealousy thing. It’s just more of a respect thing. Doesn’t mean you can’t store them if they are printed out or keep them on some type of internet storage for your kiddo to have when he’s older. They should most certainly know that you and your ex were together at one time and that how he came along. I mean if he’s coming at you like a spider monkey rather than just saying it politely for you to store it else where.

1 Like

I was married for 34 years. I divorced my husband, and have not taken down any of the photos on my Facebook. They are my past not my present. I don’t have any out in my apartment that I share with my boyfriend. He understands that is my past.

1 Like

The two of you have a child so he is always gnna be there and there is always gnna be photos of him

Huge red flag, coming from someone who has been in your shoes before. Seriously consider getting rid of this guy.

1 Like

And quite honestly you should be pissed that he would demand you to do say act anything…get rid of this 'immature, possessive, selfish, demanding boy…

I wouldn’t because when your kids get older they will want those pictures

1 Like

Screw your bf…get rid of him. Lol as for the pictures do what you want. I kept pics of my daughters dad and me and her for a while…but then my mom gave me a bunch of old pictures that she held on to of her and my dad together and honestly, I could care less about them. Lol so I still kept pics of my daughter with her dad, but I got rid of the ones of me and him. She won’t care about them anymore than I did of my parents. Thats just my opinion, but like I said…do whatever you want. They are your pictures!

He is overreacting and insecure ! Screw that!

Your boyfriend sounds like an insecure child and needs to grow the fuck up. Kick him to the curb

I have pictures of my exs with our children and us on my fb. I’ve never been asked to remove them nor will I ever… that is a big red flag. I even have pictures of my kids and there dad hanging on the wall in there room my boyfriend has never got mad.

Your child needs photos of his father. You new bloke can leave. That is a form of control, control is abuse! don’t give in and kick him out of your life

You need to ditch the new boyfriend. He’s acting jealous, immature, insecure, and you don’t want that to get worse.

nope
i would get rid of the n new bf before i delet any pictures

Look in the mirror!
How do feel?
Your past is important.
You cant just erase the memories.
If this an issue just open the door,
Goodbye!!

No, he doesn’t have the right to ask you to do that. It is his own insecurities. You don’t want you child to see you deleting his father from you life. Thats ridiculous. Boyfriend can get over it, or get out.

Family photos of you ex and child or ex and child should stay. Regardless if y’all aren’t apart you are both that child’s family and he deserves family photos . This new guy needs to relax and have a little trust and respect

If you’re asking for advice…pay attention to your gut…you already know the answer. Run…run fast !!

1 Like

I don’t think you should have to delete them all. No matter what your ex is the father of your son and it’s crazy that he feels you need to delete them all. If they were just pictures of you and your ex I would print them and set them aside away in a box of whatever for when your son is older. That’s what I’ve done with both of my kids father and my now fiancé has no issues with me having them. Your boyfriend needs to understand that your ex was obviously a big part of your life at one point as you two have a child together and your son deserve to see pictures of his parents together when he’s older even though you’re no longer together. It sounds like your boyfriend has some jealousy issues and wants control which is a major red flag so be careful. I would tell him that you will not delete the pictures and stand your ground with him because if you give in then who knows what he will want control of next.

Don’t do it. I don’t condone hiding things from your new partner but just don’t do it. I almost let my new bf (now together five years) talk me into doing the same thing when we got together but I stuck to my guns and wouldn’t do it. My exhusband, the father of my first two children, was killed in a motorcycle accident when they were still very young. Those pictures I refused to delete are all they have left of him.

1 Like

Any man wanting you to destroy pics from your past, especially your children’s father is a insecure jealous man !!!Narcissists​:thinking:usually operate this way jealousy consumes every fibre of their existence,be very careful …:pray::blush::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Delete the new Boy Friend!!!

3 Likes

Is your new bf young & dumb & full of cum??? because he sounds like it… grow the hell up I don’t think he realise how mentally it will effect the poor child get rid of him you don’t need to raise 2 kids :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

I’d keep them for my child if it were me. God forbid, but what if something happens to either of them… Then the pictures are are they’ll have left.

1 Like

Get rid of this guy he’s too damn controlling and insecure!

If your bf can’t understand your ex will always be in your life for the sake of your child then he is not mature enough for a relationship with a single mother. Period. He will cause you nothing but stress and drama everytime it comes to anything involving co-parenting with your ex. Cut him now girl!

1 Like

Your son will want those pictures in the future keep them they are irreplaceable

2 Likes

I would get rid of any of them just because a new guy is jealous. Your son should know his parents are still a teamand dedicated to raising him together.

What if he tells you to keep your kid away just because he looks like your ex? You should not tolerate this kind of shit. Think about your and your son’s future. God bless you.

I wouldn’t delete them thats memories you/your son had with him. Also he’s always going to be in your life no matter what he’s your sons biological father. I would tell ur new boyfriend to get over it thats your past doesn’t mean ur still in a relationship with him.

2 Likes

He needs to be realistic and accept your son has a dad and him being with you isn’t changing that. He needs to grow up and stop being insecure.

Reading the posts on this page as someone who has been through hell and back with mixed family issues… it’s just painful. I wish I could reach out to every young woman and tell her to never let anyone shake your sense of what’s right in your gut. Stop compromising for men’s insecurities, especially when it depletes from something you could be providing your child. A mentally healthy man would not be asking you to do this. Take my word for it :pray:t2:

4 Likes

Sounds like your boyfriend has a lot of insecurities

1 Like

When my ex and I split, I deleted photos of him and I together by ourselves. But I don’t delete or get rid of photos that my child are in. Even if that’s family photos of the 3 of us, or pictures of just the two of them. And I’m remarried now and my husband has never ever even second guessed or asked why I still have them on my social media, my phone or photo books. That’s extremely immature of the new boyfriend to ask that of you.

2 Likes

This is a lot deeper than just photos. It’s controlling, shows his insecurities, and imagine how this is going to play out for you and your child’s father while you’re trying to coparent. Anyone you’re in a relationship with needs to understand that the father of your child is always going to be a part of your life. This will only negatively impact your child and yourself. I wouldn’t bother pursuing a relationship with someone like that, this is actually a pretty big red flag of much larger issues that shouldn’t be ignored.

4 Likes

No I wouldn’t, he is always will be in your life and your son might want to see photos of the two of year years down the road

2 Likes

Your bf needs to back off. Be understanding that your ex is part of your life, your son’s life. If he can’t accept it, break up.

If you didn’t have a child together I’d be like yeah it’s a bit whiney on the new mama part but no big. BUT y’all have a child together. You’re not holding onto your ex because of a weird infatuation with him. You have a child together and it’s unfair to your child if this new “man” is so insecure he can’t allow the child’s father in the picture.

3 Likes

Send them to an email and save them. That way you have them and he can think you deleted them. It is what I did. I dont particularly want my ex pics, but I want them for our shared children.

1 Like

Um yeah…not. Ditch the boyfriend. If not you will have control issues for the rest of your time with him THAT WILL SPILL OVER ONTO TO YOUR CHILDREN. They will be a daily reminder of your previous relationship and he will target them eventually. Get out now. No man is worth endangering your child’s well being.

1 Like

Don’t delete the ones with your son! He needs pics of his dad and him. Yes the ones with you and him but the others no

My first love from 14 to 16…we were engaged…died in drinking and driving accident…I carry his pic in my wallet and told my bf I want it buried with me…and he’s ok with it. I have photos of exes put away…nothing imo weong with it

The pictures are your memories and you are the only allowed to get rid of them. Nobody has the right to say that have to

Your son will admire those photos one day.

1 Like

It’s time sis. He sounds like an insecure psychopath.

2 Likes

I’m in a similar situation and my boyfriend has never asked me to delete any images or anything with my ex or pictures with our daughter. Definitely not a healthy response and if you’ve moved on i don’t see how that should affect him or his feelings for you. Seems like a red flag

He needs to go. He will always be in your life

Sounds controlling…

He’s crazy. Your son deserves pictures of his father. He also deserves to see that you & dad were once happy. You shouldn’t have to delete any pictures. Maybe make them ‘only me’ on fb or put them in an album of their own for your son. I would only maybe do that as they came up in memories or as I came across them. I wouldn’t spend hours going through albums for them.

He can’t be part of your family. That’s your child’s father . It’s never going to go away. Never erase photos for your child when you pass away. Your boyfriend needs to be dumped.

Sounds manipulative. Tread carefully

Just because you moved on from that past relationship doesn’t mean that part of your life never existed . He is your child’s father . Your new boyfriend needs to get over it and grow up

Give the pictures to a family member that will hang on to them for your son.

I don’t think you’re wrong or overly sensitive. My fiancé has kids and when we first got together he removed all of the pictures of his ex wife on his social media (he did it on his own, I didn’t ask him to.) Then a few months later he had said something about it and he told me he deleted all the ones of just her or both of them but kept the ones with her and the kids. I don’t see the issue with keeping those kinds of pictures, that is still their child’s mother/father. Those are memories.

1 Like

Just change the privacy on the album’s so he cant see them.

Please dont.
My mom had every reason to get rid of every picture of my dad, and when he passed i was SO HAPPY that she kept them for me.
Tell your boyfriend to grow up or get out.

6 Likes

Maybe this boyfriend is too controlling and find out what’s his intentions of removing photos…I know he might be insecure but that’s ur son’s dad…he cant take him out of his life leave alone the photos. What if u had same demands if he was in an ex relationship with kids and pics

1 Like

If he’s that insecure it will only get worse. No matter what he was a part of your life. Dont delete them. You can never get them back. They are you memories and your son will enjoy them when he’s older. Maybe just put them in a locked folder for now.

2 Likes

I got 2 kids with my ex. My husband has never and would never ask me to delete pictures the ex is in, because our kids share his DNA. They are lucky enough to have two dads, but they only have one father.
He needs to look past his jealousy.

3 Likes

Those memories are not just yours, they are your child’s. Keep them for your child!

1 Like

Your past is what made you who you are. And, you have a child together. Keep those photos. Your child may want them some day.
Your new BF needs to grow up and get over it.

2 Likes