My boyfriend wants me to delete every photo of my ex: Thoughts?

I broke up with my son’s father 2+ years ago. I took down every picture on social media that we had as a couple, or of the three of us. I am in a new relationship now. My boyfriend is demanding that I take down all pictures of his existence. I have pictures of my son with his father became no one will ever replace his father, and to be honest; I feel like I don’t need to go through every single album to remove them. Am I wrong and insensitive? Or is he overreacting? I really don’t know how to feel about it.

114 Likes

This new man seems insecure and immature. Set your boundaries and don’t let them be negotiable.

11 Likes

no. that is ur childs father. my kids love seeing pictures of me and their dad. ur boyfriend is trying to be too controlling. dont let him, it will just get worst

4 Likes

I wouldn’t… It’s memories. He has to understand you guys were a family beforehand. Seems insecure.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t! That’s something that will mean alot to your son when he gets older. Tell your Man-Child to grow up and stop being so jealous

3 Likes

Keep them for your child

2 Likes

Yes he’s overreacting. Keep them

1 Like

Major red flag. He’s the father of your child, nothing will erase that. Keep those pictures for your son to have when he gets older.

8 Likes

I have photo albums with my son’s father and him together … even our old family pics from when we were a family. It’s kept for my son if he were to ever want them. No way would I ever throw those out!

4 Likes

Those pictures are going to mean everything to your son one day ‘ do NOT delete those pictures

3 Likes

I’d have a problem with someone that controlling.

2 Likes

He needs to grow up. You have a past and a kid as a result.

1 Like

Overreacting :rofl: they are for your son to treasure :blue_heart:

2 Likes

He’s overreacting yikes :flushed:

1 Like

Overreacting entirely…he has no right to take issue with that…cause one day all your son will have left is photos…I would ask him how hed feel if this was the other way around…

3 Likes

Naw thats controlling i could see of it was just pics of your ex but if your son is in them then absolutely keep them he shouldnt even need to be told that those are memories and something you will be passing down to your son someday

3 Likes

Don’t do it. Keep them.

3 Likes

Keep the ones with ur children and there father and a few with all of u together and put them away for when they are older and will want them.

8 Likes

Save the photos to your google account for your son to have later on. Then delete the ones on social media.

2 Likes

I feel like if it’s pictures of just you and him maybe put them in a private album if them are memories you want to truly keep if not delete them,if it’s pictures of you him and your son or him and your son then your boyfriend needs to grow up ,them are memories you are keeping for your son to look back on one day, if he is throwing a tantrum like a five year old about pictures you have for memories of y’all as a family or of him and his daddy then he is the issue .

3 Likes

Tell him to fuck off,its your sons father and your ex. Tell him to grow up. Or maybe you should and move on.what is he a teenager?

Get out of the relationship now , it will get worse not better , been there done that

6 Likes

sounds controlling maybe you should rethink him dont delete pictures

7 Likes

Red flag, he sounds controlling, get out now.

6 Likes

Your sons father is forever this boyfriend could just be temporary.

4 Likes

I would delete every photo of me and him if it were me, but everyone has a different opinion on it. But if it were the father of my child, I’d keep any fatherly ones for my child to have someday. Ones of the father and child together and stuff like that. I’d keep ones of like the baby shower and stuff too if they were of me and him. I just wouldn’t keep photos of the two of us and couple like photos and stuff

3 Likes

If it was just pictures of you and your ex then I get it, but anything with your child in it I wouldn’t ever delete. Your child will want to see pictures of his parents together with him. Sounds like you need to get rid of the crazy boyfriend

4 Likes

Um no. Thats your son and his father. Tf . Those are precious memories for your son

1 Like

He’s way over reacting.

2 Likes

…my new bf is insisting that I keep pictures of my ex. Not in a relationship capacity, but in a family one. He says its important for my son to know he came from love

13 Likes

No keep them for your son

2 Likes

I just gave all the pictures to my kids in a photo album.

You can create private “only me” albums on social media.

He is over reacting.

1 Like

Print them and put them in an album for when your child gets older

Sounds kinda extreme.

1 Like

He needs to grow up. I kept all photos of my kids dad and will give them to the kids when they are ready for them. I also kept pictures up of him and the kids together. He’s their dad.

1 Like

He is unreasonable, point blank. This relationship resulted in a child, a child who deserves a healthy relationship with their entire family and has a right to see his parents photos. Keeping his photos does not mean you’re longing for that relationship, it just means you acknowledge him as part of your past and part of your sons life. This isn’t about you as much as it’s about your son.

2 Likes

I would keep the pictures for your son. It’s merories en your ex is his dad after all. You boyfriend need to understand that no matter what. Please set your boundaries for you and your son

Keep them it’s not a random guy it’s your child father

Keep them. Drop him. He doesn’t get to tell you what to do. You have a bond with your ex forever. He should deal or hit the road. He sounds insecure.

Mine are still there :flushed: that is part of my life and daughters life. I dont share them. I dont look back on them but… Someone is insecure.

Hes being childish :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s a huge red flag. A sign of serious insecurity and possibly need for control.

My husband has a child from a previous situation, I have a child from a previous situation. Both our kids have photos of their other parents here in our home. Why wouldn’t they? I still have a couple photos on social media of my son with his father, there is nothing wrong with that. At all. Keep the pics of your son with his Dad, don’t let this dude bully you into thinking it’s wrong. It’s perfectly fine/normal/healthy.

3 Likes

He’s a turd. When I was with my ex, I became friends with his daughters mother, and even took pictures of the 3 of them together so my stepdaughters could have photos of herself with her parents.

1 Like

Hes over reacting keep them it’s not for u it’s for ur son I been thru the same thing I still have so many pics of me and my ex only because of my son those are memories of you and his father and him being together make your son an email address send all the pics there that way when hes old enough he will be able to look back at them

1 Like

Don’t you dare delete them. They are your memories that he can never replace. If ever you need reminding of where you were and who you are you go back to those and see how far you’ve come. :two_hearts:

3 Likes

He’s a controller.
Its your past you can’t erase it.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t get rid of them you son will want to see them when he’s grown up

3 Likes

Your kid needs those pics of him and his dad. Your bf needs to grow up. :wink:

1 Like

He’s over reacting bad

1 Like

Ur new boyfriend needs to grow up. Yes ur no longer with ur son’s father but ur son will want those pictures of him with his dad one day when he gets older I honestly wouldn’t get rid of those pictures… those are memories for YOUR son…

153 Likes

Ummm no. Sounds very controlling.

11 Likes

He’s overreacting. Find a guy who is less insecure. That’s your child’s father. He needs to get over it

9 Likes

As a man… He does not sound like a confident man… Leave the pics… such a small minded attitude and ultimatum

3 Likes

This seems quite overbearing to me. You have a past whether he likes it or not, & your child deserves to be able to see photos of his real bio parents together & know he was created fro love, even if you aren’t together now.

Take a long hard look at this new relationship, because these are the red flag warnings of a controlling & possibly even abusive relationship in the future.

5 Likes

Keep them for your son, Send them to his grandmother on FB that way they are saved too - YOU don’t need to have photos of your ex, Tbh photos of my ex’s make me angry anyway & social media is what everyone will see so your new bf does have a point. How would you feel if the situation were reversed?

Hes overreacting smh tell him to grow up or move on. Your sons dad is part of your/ your sons life wether he likes it or not.

1 Like

He’s overreacting. That is not ok. Keep the pics for your son.

1 Like

Your not wrong, that is your child’s Dad and once ago you had a past. Doesn’t mean you need to have photos in his face if he doesn’t like it, but I wouldn’t hide all photos

My dude has a picture of him and his ex whom he had a child with. I was kinda not happy about it because her mom was always hinting that he should get back with her. After a while I didn’t mind at all. Its good that he has pictures that show them happy and getting along. If his child ever wanted to see a picture of her mom id rather it be those.

I would never do that. He is way to controlling and jealous.

2 Likes

Red flags sis…you need to be done with that

4 Likes

DON’T DELETE THEM PHOTOS! yes the ones of just yous both could be deleted…but the ones of you your ex and kid/s should be kept no matter yours or your now/future partners opinion of the child’s dad…your kid/s will keep that as a memory of what the family once was to now… they are cherished memories to your kid/s maybe not you or your current partner but your kid/s! I think that’s definitely worth something…

1 Like

Seems kinda extreme to me. He’s your child’s father. It shouldn’t bother the other guy. Not much of a man if he’s gonna let pictures of your child with his father bother. My opinion he’ll only get worse.

1 Like

I would maybe just put them away and store any electronic copies in a cloud storage. It’s your son’s father, I get it. I don’t really want to look at my ex. I still have pictures of him though, just not up and in my face. No ill will there at all, just moved on. My boys love their dad, they don’t need reminders in my home. I’ll show them if they ask.

id say put those pics on a separate album just for ur son and explain to ur bf that u cannot get rid of ur sons precious memories because thats what they are for him. put it in ur sons room and dont touch it unless its to show ur son or if he asks u to see them. if ur bf cant understand that then u dont need to be with him bcz like u said, to ur son no one can replace his dad and no one should unless his dad wants nothing to do with him. ur bf seems childish

1 Like

Those are memories for your son, whether you guys are together or not, civil or not, your son will want those one day. I understand wiping photos of the 2 of you but don’t get rid of the pictures of him and his dad.

Delete the boyfriend instead of the pictures.

6 Likes

Tell him to grow up and stop being insecure. Save those pictures for your child.

Your not wrong. It’s his father!

I have 2 pictures of my ex in my kids bedroom… that’s their dad :woman_shrugging:t3: I only have 1 picture of me, him and our oldest. I’d hang it if I was allowed to hang photos in my apartment… your bf has got some issues saying you need to delete them all… it’s a part of your past that you must still be attached to for your child and there’s not much you can do to change that.

You need to leave that man and find a new boyfriend!!! Immediately!!!

Get you a new boyfriend

Absolutely not! He cannot control what happened in your past! Everyone deserves to have their memories!

That is your child’s parents in those photos… while your new man might be feeling insecure, controlling, or jealous when he sees those pictures… your child sees the parents he loves together. Its important for your child not to try to erase that part of your life.

Red flag right there.
You had a life and a son with your ex, its part of your history.

He needs to grow up.

That’s the father of your son. Whatever you have of your son and his father it’s not his concern.

I would tell him no, you are allowed a past, you litterally have a son with that bloke, tell your bf to get over himself

2 Likes

Don’t delete the pictures. That’s your kids dad! You will want to give those to your son when he is older. Plus that is extremely jealous and controlling! My older kids love that I kept the old pictures of me and them and their dad and even just of them and their dad and me and their dad. Tell him to screw himself.

I kept all photos of my kids’ father and I and of him and them and my current is alright with it. :woman_shrugging:t3: I want my kids to know that mom and dad got along at some point and it wasn’t always this way.

2 Likes

Does no one else think this is a major red flag?

2 Likes

Run now! Just sayin!

That’s too much. What if your son wants those pictures of him and his father to have when he’s older? You’re right, no one will replace his father, and this new guy already sounds possessive

He has no right to demand that. Those memories are for your child’s behalf. I think you need to reconsider your relationship.

1 Like

If u do that n stay…his petty insecurities are just gonna get worse. Huge red flag 4 me

No dont delete,that is a bit sellfish of him.what if one day he becomes an ex…pics gone for no good reason.
If he is matured enough he would understand the importance of those pics to your child

1 Like

Run. Aint nothing good coming of that path.

1 Like

Run, as fast as you can :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

2 Likes

That’s your kids dad! My husband is SO understanding about that stuff. Me and my son and my son’s dad have a family day ever week just the 3 of us so our son feels like he still has mommy and daddy as a team 💁 hes just being insecure

Dont delete those pictures, that’s your babys dad. My babys dad died nearly a year ago and the lack of pictures is genuinely devastating.

1 Like

Lol replace your current before it gets worse

2 Likes

Your son is the only one of you 3 that should be caring about those photos. Save them for him elsewhere.

1 Like

My boyfriend still has pictures on his FB with his ex wife. They have no kids together. I have never demanded him take those pictures down. He’s with me now and has no contact with her.

I did the facebook clean up but I kept it backed up, not only that I sent the pictures of my daughter and ex to him. The rest can go to my daughter, why not.
I wouldnt ever get rid of that because of a new relationship.

My sons dad isn’t even a part of his life and I still have pictures of him put up for my son… That is such a strange thing to get upset about. He sounds controlling

2 Likes

Red flag!He’s ovousily insecure stand your ground now our it will only get worse

8 Likes

Is it possible to print those pics with ex and your son and put in a box for your son when he gets older? Don’t get rid of pictures though :slightly_smiling_face:

Nope he needs to be gone. Sounds controllibg

3 Likes