Is it weird that my fiance said I cannot go with him to his fishing tournament?

Is it weird of my fiancé to plan to go to a fishing tournament ALL weekend and stay there all night and invite his friends plus their girlfriends but tell me I’m not invited? Also let me add it’s Saturday which is my 7 year olds birthday (my 7 year old calls him dad but he isn’t his dad) and he’s ditching him and won’t be home for his birthday at all

35 Likes

That’s horrible. I’d do some research on his plans and show up :joy:

22 Likes

When that used to happen to me I later found out my place was always filled and noone would say a word.

1 Like

Are the girlfriends also bringing their kids? I think your looking at this one sided. He’s allowed to have his own time, is he not? Do you want to go because you like fishing or because your not invited? Do you always go on fishing trips?

4 Likes

So he probably didn’t invite you because then that would mean that the kids would have to come and maybe it was a kid free thing and he was probably trying to spare feelings but did it in the worse way possible … I would tell him how you feel and go from there …

7 Likes

Something don’t add up :thinking: sounds like he might already have someone going in your place. Especially if he’s ditching his stepsons birthday. No real man would do that.

12 Likes

Now you know what his priorities are. What comes first. Maybe you should have a good think about what your future with this person is. Hugs!!

33 Likes

The fact he is planning on missing your child’s birthday is not ok! But you already know this in your gut! Trust your instincts :woman_shrugging: it’s fine to want time away but to do it when he knows it will mean missing and important moment with his child is plain wrong

11 Likes

To be honest I don’t get why you would want to go? I Would be celebrating My 7 year old birthday. I wouldn’t want to go and miss the Chance to celebrate my Child Birthday. (it’s shit He Is missing Out On Ur child birthday but you don’t Have to)

If the other guys are inviting girlfriends why can’t you go? Seems like he doesn’t want you to go and trying to avoid the birthday. I wouldn’t be coming here finding out from us I would go to him and ask why he wants to miss birthday and why can’t you go and see his reaction

1 Like

If other gf’s are invited I don’t see why you shouldn’t be able to go. Plus you guys could do something for your kids bday while there.

If other women are going then you go too … if it’s just guys then you don’t go

7 Likes

Y’all aren’t a priority to him, get rid of him

6 Likes

His girlfriend is going that’s why he isn’t inviting you.

12 Likes

IDGAF what anyone says he has assumed a fatherly role in that child’s life and NEITHER one of you should miss their birthday

8 Likes

Nope sounds fishy. Tell him pack his bags dont come back.

1 Like

Marriage is a contract and in “business” decisions you make sure ALL your ducks are in a row before you sign on the dotted line, this fishing trip (hall pass) is definately a wandering duck

18 Likes

Once had a coworker who packed her husband s underwear in his tackle box. When he came home he said “you didn’t pack my underwear” she answered “and you didn’t go fishing!”

37 Likes

He invites his mates’ girlfriends but not you?? Totally unacceptable. His priorities are so wrong.

14 Likes

Most fishing tournaments you only have 1 partner (not several) and definitely not spouses. And they usually only last 6-8 hours. I’ve never heard of one that lasts all weekend and you can bring that many people. Sounds more like a party and yOure not invited.

6 Likes

Priorities darling. He wants a weekend away from you and the kids with his friends. Doesn’t matter that it’s his kids birthday. Selfish.

8 Likes

Any time someone says you’re not invited while they’re going to be gone for lengthy amounts of time, especially overnight(s), is red flag.

If it was a ‘I’d bring you if I could’, ‘kids aren’t allowed’, or a guy’s hang out thing then I’d see it, but a specifically ‘you’re not invited’, nope.

2 Likes

I don’t know, I’ve been together with mine for over 20 years, this is something that would happen between us. Even my holiday parties at work he doesn’t come and I don’t go to his. I’m thinking he just wants to relax and fish. If you go the kids go and he wants to relax and drink and such and not worry

4 Likes

I’d either pull up or pull out

7 Likes

Did u remind him it is your son’s birthday guys don’t always remember dates

1 Like

Why would you wanna go if it’s your 7 year olds birthday?

3 Likes

Yes, is he carrying someone or meeting someone on the trip? How about boom, im here on the weekend fishing trip and I show up to go fishing the whole weekend with yall and yall girlfriends.

1 Like

So let’s say he did ask you to go…would you ditch your kid on his birthday to go on the fishing trip? :thinking:

3 Likes

It does sound “fishy” but then again if you went then your kid/kids would have to go correct? So maybe he just doesn’t want it to be a big family affair. I can’t imagine you were wanting to go and ditching your kid especially on her birthday. Maybe he just has a lousy way of communicating why he doesn’t want you going. But then again it could certainly be because something else is going on. I say stop by anyway and say your son wanted to see him on her birthday.

1 Like

Maybe he didn’t want to be the mate that dragged the misso? I get it lol maybe a couple people had to bring thier gfs because they were complaining the same way? But do you want to go fishing? Have you been to a tournament before?? They are all in and no focus would be on you anyway he probably is doing you Tue favour of not taking you guys out to be ignored all day.

1 Like

How long have y’all been together. And why would you want to go when it’s your sons birthday. That’s more weird. But yeah he def doesn’t want you there. But YOUR focus should be your child’s birthday

SMFH wow, :rage:, i get its a tournament and its a specific date but tells me he knew ahead of time, so 1. He could hv invited you 2. Plan a bday party ahead of time or after and spend time with his step son/daughter before the tournament 3. Make arrangements for a babysitter so you can gi with him. So many things wrong with what he is doing. He is showing you his priorities thats forsure and lack of concern and love not only towards the child but to you.

2 Likes

It all depends on situation, if everyone bringing their girlfriends and you can’t go then that’s wrong, but if he’s going with his friends it’s ok to go have guy time, but one thing I would question is a tournament is not all weekend and as far as your son’s birthday its not exactly his fault that the tournament is on your son’s birthday now if it was a random going out fishing day i would be pissed

Sounds like he’s your future ex-husband.

3 Likes

Just show up. Tell him you came to support him

3 Likes

Yes… very fishy(no pun intended) if it was just him and his friends I without say it’s not a big deal, but considering all of their girlfriends are invited, something is up… I would feel like he is taking someone else to be perfectly honest

2 Likes

It’s not just that he didn’t invite her, it’s that he actively made sure to TELL her she’s not invited. That’s absolutely a red flag to me. She needs to really dig deep about what’s going on here.

Is he in the competition where you and your son would make him nervous enough that you’re watching to mess him up? How long ago did he sign up for this? Long before your son’s birthday? Or is this watching the tournament and more of a spur of the moment thing?

Have you asked him/discussed why he’s going away on a birthday weekend and why you’re not invited? Or are you passively seething? Did you let him know how important it was to you to have him be there for your boy’s birthday? That you think it’s disrespectful and suspish that you’re specifically not invited?

I’d have a serious talk when he gets back about your concerns. I’d be upset too. Write down your questions, give them to him, and talk when you’re both calm, at least a few days later. Maybe sit outside with a glass of wine while son is at a family or friend’s house.

Try not to interrupt, get mad, or argue. This gets better with practice. If you’re formulating your rebuttal you aren’t listening to him. If you want to remember points, write them down as he’s explaining.

Is this a one-time deal, or a pattern? Did he need reminding it was son’s birthday—does he not care much about birthdays (or maybe he hates them?), holidays, or does he expect a big deal when it’s his birthday?

At a separate time set an agenda to talk about the behavior of excluding you and ditching you and your son in general. Is this going to be how it is from now on? Decide what you and your son are willing to put up with and maybe rethink getting married if warranted.

If it was a fishing tournament with just him and his boys, I would totally encourage him to go have fun. However, if the other girlfriends were invited, I’d probably want to go too. But since it’s your son’s birthday, I would probably stay home with kiddo and do amazingly fun things with kiddo and then celebrate with your fiance when he gets home.

just know it’s not too late

1 Like

But child’s birthday he needs to checks what’s is important

Nah, show up. Invite yourself. See what he’s doing.

This is why boyfriends should not be referred to as dad… He ain’t the one sis

1 Like

I’d show up and sink the boat. That’s just me tho🤦🏼‍♀️

Fucking yikes. It’d be one thing if it was a random weekend and I’d then voice my emotions on the subject.

This is your child’s birthday and it’s shitty he dipped out for it.

Ok it’s weird that he doesn’t want you to go and will miss your sons bday but won’t you miss your son bday as well if you go and kids can’t go. Maybe just maybe he said you couldn’t go because he doesn’t want you to miss your sons bday but worded it poorly, communicating this wrong.