Is it silly to refurbish a barbie house for Christmas?

It a year that been hard, this is an awesome idea for a gift…

Go for it. At 3 she will be bored with it in a week. If not she will never know the difference. People are to quick to throw things out that are still good.

Its a great idea! We added battery powered fairy lights inside my little girl’s one. She loves it! :slight_smile:

she’s 3 and likes Barbies? she will LOVE it!!! not gonna lie, I was kinda jealous when my great-nieces got a Barbie Dream house for Christmas a couple years ago. I’m 42 now :joy::joy: but they’ve always been expensive and I never had one growing up :joy::joy: lucky girl. im sure your daughter will be thrilled! :revolving_hearts::sparkling_heart::two_hearts::two_hearts:

Free presents are the best presents! A 3 year old will never know anyway. Don’t waste money on frivolous presents. The 3 year old would like the boxes and wrapping paper more than a $300 present anyway.

1 Like

I think it’s an absolutely amazing idea. She will love it! X

That’s a wonderful idea please show after its finished

1 Like

My big kid helps her little sister remodel the barbie house all the time, sometimes they wallpaper, sometimes they paint, they put new flooring and rugs, they make new furniture, and hang new decorations. They print patterns and small pictures and glue them in. The furniture is made with foam core and fabric and dowel rods. When she gets bigger she can remodel over your work!

1 Like

I think that’s a great idea! Not silly at all.

1 Like

Excellent idea. Such a special thing to do actually. :blush:

1 Like

Clean it with rubbing alcohol then get some paint for plastic to cover the loud colors. I see nothing wrong with giving it as a gift. She’s 3, all she will know is she got a Barbie house. & if you redo it, hers will be different from everyone else.

1 Like

Print some floor patterns off the internet like hardwood and glue them on the floors

It’s a fantastic idea!

60 years old and still a Barbie Nut

Fix it for christmas

Either that or refurbish it with her letting her choose colours wall paper samples etc could be a great fun project to do together :heart:

Im doing same thing for my 5 yr old.

She will never know! I think she‘ll love it!

The best gifts are the ones that have a personal touch that requires thoughtful planning :heart: I think that’s awesome thing to do

My nearly 3 yo loves her ‘house’ and has been playing different characters in it for nearly 1 year. Dont get me wrong she has almost trashed it by pulling the lights out and ripping up carpets but she loves it. Screw your husband :heart:

I dont think she will care if she gets it for xmas. My mother re did a dollhouse this year for my daughter and is doing the same thing so not silly

I say go for it! She won’t even notice and if she does I don’t think she’d care.

sounds like a good idea