If my partner moves in with me what benefits will I lose?

I believe more context is needed to commenters can better answer the question.

Using your toalet whenever you are in great need

1 Like

It changes everything and not always for the better

Definitely not ready for this type of relationship!

By law 50percent or make an agreement in weighting.

I don’t think that’s the right way of looking at it your benefits will be you have your partner with you.

3 Likes

If you have to seek the advice from social media you are not ready. You should be having that conversation with your partner. J/s

If you have to ask???

Since you didn’t clarify what kind of “benefits” I’ll give my viewpoint on how I took this question: if your future significant other is a snorer you might lose some precious sleep :grimacing:

1 Like

I lost all of my benefits. Best to look into this before moving him/her in. No good asking FB. You need someone with more knowledge.

3 Likes

My husband died 3 years ago…I love being by myself ! I have a nice apartment in a secure building …I will not have to answer to anyone !

7 Likes

This is a very vague question. When I read it my mind leans towards government benefits such as medicade and food stamps/EBT. For that it depends on how much money you make how many dependents you have and how he contributes to the household. If this is in fact the case get ahold of your local human services office and ask what the income limits are. Discuss the role he will be playing in your household, the amount of money he will pay towards rent, whether or not he will be paying for food. You will be required to have him write up a short letter that says what he pays toward the household and that will be counted as a part of your income. If it brings you above the income limit you will lose benefits and if it doesnt you will still get those benefits. It may affect food assistance a little bit reguardless. As far as things like temporary assistance for needy families, housing assistance, or disability I have no idea and you should contact them to ask. I recomend asking and go through the proper steps, do not lie with any government benefits because the consequences can be pretty severe.

7 Likes

If you are talking in terms of social security or snap benefits if you aren’t married and you continue to pay bills you shouldn’t lose anything because you are separate house holds responsible for yourselves IF you add him to your snap as someone trying to get benefits then any changes will depend on what state your in how much he makes as income and where his income is from (social security or work or something else) there will ONLY be a change to social security benefits if you get married and again if that is the case how much of a change will depend on the same factors as those for adding him to your snap benefits

1 Like

You lose a degree of independence which is replaced by dependence. If they are sincere then as the song goes “put a ring on it”

2 Likes

Independence. My husband died 1 1/2 years ago. He was great and can’t be replaced, but enjoying my independence

Hmmmm - most likely a lot of independence — but if you let them I would assume that is a given ? It’s nice to have a partner in crime but there are trade offs !

Is that a real question. Partners are there cuz they love and support you. You gain not lose

I say nothing except your freedom to go and come as you please.

People in a way are answering the questions. I think they’re saying “you don’t have to worry about it if you don’t let anyone move in, so don’t. “

Guessing mean cuts to subsidies ?

What benefits are you talking about?

Every single one of them. Ha

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by benefits

Lmao your own space and peace of mind. Lmao you’ll hear but why don’t you do this and that lol. And it’ll keep piling

Your freedom to fart in peace

1 Like

Do like they do where I live . Move him in let him shack up and don’t let anybody know

What would you gain?

You will have to be carful bring your sidekicks over.

ALL, no more money, no more sex life, no more eating what you want, no more control.

She will interfere in your personal life.

You missed the obvious! Blame the video games

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

2 Likes

Happiness & freedom & ur sanity Keep them out !!!

1 Like

I enjoy my freedom, I love my life.

Peace of mind and freedom.