If my partner moves in with me what benefits will I lose?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

80 Likes

If you truly love them and it’s a good relationship you won’t be losing any benefits, you will be gaining your partner always being around

3 Likes

Government benefits?

If you both work and have no disabilities then probably most of them. But its highly dependable on income. Also each benefit is different so it depends on which one you are claiming too and if children are involved. It would be really hard for someone to tell you indefinitely without actually knowing your circumstances.

5 Likes

What type of benefits? Like personal space, time to yourself?

1 Like

What!? I can’t tell what you’re actually asking here? Benefits? Like a pro and con list of living with someone? Or are you legitimately worried about losing some kind or government/agency aid? :woman_facepalming:t2: either way, ‘losing benefits’ when taking the next step shouldn’t matter if you are actually ready to take that step. A life with someone will consist in part with sacrifice and compromise. If you’re talking about losing a bit of solitude and sharing your snacks, you gotta decide if you’re ready for that. If your talking about government or an agencies aid, then I’d suggest waiting till you are self sufficient to provide fairly if you’re worried.

2 Likes

Ability to have other partners over

14 Likes

Look at what things you would gain. Money helps but some things are priceless.

Privacy. Control of the home environment. No matter how much you love someone, living together is a compromise.

Are you referring to government benefits? Or the benefit of freedom and privacy?

11 Likes

Ummmm… Some of y’all need to quit hating on this lady. Maybe she’s worried about her benefits because they can’t afford to lose them right now.

3 Likes

The ability to make whatever you want for dinner. Because he may not like everything you do.

5 Likes

Your piece and quiet and your bed to yourself.

10 Likes

Freedom, the remote, favorite snacks, peace,…

3 Likes

If referring to government, depends on income.

Space, not having to pick up after someone, freedom
To do as you please when you please

Not having the double bed to yourself x

1 Like

your freedom and sanity

1 Like

Kiss your sanity goodbye that your deffo going to lose :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

A whole pizza that you don’t have to share.

You’ll probably loose all the other friends with benefits.

17 Likes

You’ll the lose the ability to do whatever in the hell you want.

1 Like

Well, you just outed yourself for possible fraud.

7 Likes

The only thing I miss is just buying like one iced coffee, or one breakfast sandwich :rofl: you gotta buy two of everything and it gets expensive. I feel like that’s it… I love him laying next to me every night… you still get personal space… I’ll be in the bedroom while he’s in the living room playing the game… takes a bit of an adjustment if say you’re a neat freak & he’s messy or vise versa… just always communicate and compromise and don’t just throw attitude around when something bothers you.

3 Likes

You will loose your bathroom all to yourself food will go missing you will need to share your blankets and your remote controls and tv are no longer yours! This is just the beginning there’s a middle and ending too!!

9 Likes

Your probably going to have to clean up after them constantly cause men literally don’t clean :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I didn’t lose any benefits i don’t think… I have everything I had before just have people with me now lol

So when you move in with someone they expect more from you and sometimes their expectations are more than you can handle bc if you have kids they can’t always come 1st and if your like me then there is just days where you wanna just cuddle up in bed and watch tv all day but you can’t anymore bc they expect you to get up and talk and cook and clean. I love my husband and I do get up everyday even when I dont want to bc I love him bc living alone has so many perks or just living with your kids. I like controlling my surrounding and my meals and when someone else lives.with you then you compromise on everything bc you have to think about them too which isnt bad just I’m stubborn and hard headed lol

1 Like

You will lose the “I miss them” feeling, space and probably your mind if you’re not used to sharing your space with folks. I personally can’t live with a s/o, I’m moody and need hours a day to myself 🤷

3 Likes

You will learn how to share and lock yourself in the bedroom and cook for 2 and always have someone to share your thoughts with

2 Likes

None if You have the right partner.

4 Likes

Not a good idea for many reasons… He needs his own place. I will never let another man move in with me ever again! That was the biggest mistake ive ever made!!!

1 Like

Depends how much they earn, it turns into a joint claim so goes buy what the household income is ! If he is willing to pay his way you shouldn’t have a problem , you might lose everything so won’t have your own money , think about it loads before you make the move and make sure you’re both on the same page , the last thing you want is him resenting you for paying for everything ! But basically that’s probably what he’s gonna be signing up to , you won’t get as much as you do now x

The sole use of the remote :joy:

4 Likes

Nothing if the move is mutually beneficial.

There are benefit calculators online so you can look at this before you make that decision

1 Like

Benefits of being able to fart and not get a reaction from someone

9 Likes

The will to live :thinking::joy::joy::wink:

8 Likes

All… simply because you called them your partner…

To have a girly bedroom.

1 Like

You will lose control of the TV remote​:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Thought it was joke page haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Been with my Husband for 28 years nearly … Right ballache I’m only 44 :see_no_evil::rofl:

You will lose your freedom of farting. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Focus on benefits you gain.

3 Likes

Privacy & sanity, gone

If you’re talking about government benefits it all depends of income and dependents. Do you have children? A job? Does he? There are calculators to determine benefit amounts based on yearly income and household size online, there’s usually a gap between being able to provide and the government paying out, so good luck! I’m sorry you have to take this into consideration

Without some kind of agreement 50% of everything you own depending on the common law regulations where you live

If you’re concerned about being restricted from benefits or freedom because of a roommate, then why are you considering having one in the first place??? Bringing someone into your private life should be complimentary. Not restricting.

3 Likes

A partner is supposed to ADD to your life, happiness. If you’re already thinking like this now, you’re already off to a bad start.🤷

3 Likes

Depends on what benefits you’re talk about.

Well, you won’t be able to sleep like a starfish all spread out at night!

1 Like

Storage space, movie choices, privacy, food choices, time

8 Likes

Peace of mind , having to share bathroom Internet Wi-Fi just a hassle.:joy:

Everything… don’t do it unless you plan on this being a forever thing …

1 Like

Freedom, dignity, self respect, happiness…

18 Likes

Nice one Julie xxxx :revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

clean house, remote, space, time!!! Credit

3 Likes

You don’t deserve a partner… partner

2 Likes

Privacy, having to share decisions. More house work.

1 Like

Aren’t they going to pay their way??

1 Like

he gets benefits more than you, just don’t do that

The choice of what you make for meals, whether you return home every night and at what time, the freedom of nobody else’s opinion about what you’re going to do in all things. Or are you talking about government benefits? You are required to report their income along with all incomes in the household when applying for assistance. Any changes in household income is required to be updated within 10 days of the change. If you are caught lying about household income you will be subject to returning what you’ve received.

2 Likes

Makes me sad reading these comments, one load of selfish folks!

1 Like

It depends on the state that you live in California after 7 years it’s 50/50. Google it and see what it is for your state

If your asking this question then your ass ain’t ready to be moving in with anybody

Everything discussed here should be discussed with the partner

1 Like

If you’re talking about welfare/ food stamps if depends on his income

1 Like

Affection, He/She is going to hate you!

WhatsApp us on (+19382230141) if interested
I am forever loyal to the ILLUMINATI share the light no human sacrifice or any blood sacrifice.my loyalty forever remains untouchable, Just Whatsapp Grand master (+19382230141) for online initiation

Peace and spontaneous adventures!

Sanity,freedom ,etc…lol

Who cares if you love this person

Privacy… complete freedom

1 Like

Why not let Jesus move into your heart? He is there for those who answer. He provides guidance and love. That is all you really need.

84 Likes

The benefit of being a strong and independent women who doesn’t have to answer to anybody but herself and God. Why can’t people live sepi when they’re single.

16 Likes

My husband passed 6 years ago. I will NEVER remarry or have anyone move in. I was married for 45 years, he was the love of my life! Started dating in HS! It does get lonely sometimes, but I go out and work in my garden or meet with friends, and yes, i still love a good margarita! I treasure my alone time!

76 Likes

People have a need to be with other people. I’ve been widowed now for 19 years. I was thinking just the other day how nice it would be to have a wife again. After a while, I just went ahead and did the dishes and laundry myself, so I’m back to not really needing a wife.

13 Likes

I prefer to live alone. I can eat when I want, leave my boots in the middle of the floor, go and come as I wish, and no one is sprawled in front of a game w a case of beer asking when dinner will be ready. I no longer have the energy to compromise or change my ways.

81 Likes

Privacy, being taken for granted, I lived with boyfriends before, and I love living on my own, and letting him visit when I want too

16 Likes

No one can tell YOU that. We can only speak of our experiences. That answer, my dear, is one that only you alone can answer. I wish you the best.

2 Likes

U could lose an eternal life in Heaven when Jesus Returns and then the Judgement. Heaven and Hell are real and both are eternal. We will be praying for you. Read the Bible(the teachings of Jesus) and then Jesus will reveal to u what is right and wrong. God Bless

6 Likes

I will NEVER move in with anybody or have anybody move in with me and I will never remarry. If I do I lose his pension that I use to live on

6 Likes

I moved in with someone six years ago. The thing I miss the most is alone time. And sometimes when he is outside doing yard work, I feel guilty for sitting and binge watching something. Other than that, I enjoy it.

7 Likes

Depends on what type of benefits your talking about, if your drawing your dead husbands SS as long as your not marrying you won’t lose anything!

4 Likes

There seems to be a lot of single people on here making comments about how terrible it is to live with someone. Makes you wonder why they are single :face_with_raised_eyebrow::joy:

30 Likes

If youre disabled and marry you will lose all disability benefits, even if you cant work due to the disability. If you get married again after the death of a spouse, you lose all of their social security money being paid back to you for their death. If you have children and are on any low-income plans (such as school lunch being free or reduced, help with school supplies or necessities you cant afford) you will have to re-submit the household finances, and likely lose that help. If you have state help with housing youll have to re-submit the house finances to them, and likely lose that help. If you have state medicare, the same thing again.

35 Likes

It shouldn’t be about benefits! This decision should be based on love and commitment.

9 Likes

If your not combining everything then you have your household and he has his as far as benefits. Just because someone lives with you doesn’t mean they are part of your household. For instance a roommate. He wouldn’t be any different. Now if your going to combine food, money etc then yes.

3 Likes

I can only suggest you make a contract if you are not going to marry. Will you support them or the opposite. Do you each work? Are there kids involved? So many lonely people do this to solve the loneliness or feel wanted. Please think through consequenses before you do this.

I married my soul
Mate and if I moved in with someone if God forbid he passed. I’d lose us, nothing would be worth that. But you were to Vega in your question. Thinking more to it then what appears

So glad we lived together for 4.5 years before we got married. Learned how to make compromises very quickly, who will do what, how does one handle stress, how does one react in an emergency, building trust, working budget and bills together. It was like a marriage boot camp. Been together 35 years. The biggest secret is that we learned to laugh at ourselves and dream out loud together. Sorry, I couldn’t think of any benefits you would lose.

4 Likes

Why are people so negative about every thing? I don’t know how old you are but here’s a bit of my story. I’m 78.been a widow for almost 6 years, got a friend request from a friend I knew 25 years ago ( in Aug.of 2019). I was surprised to hear from him…he had serious health issues and I thought he had passed away. He ask me about a serious thing going on with someone we both knew. In the mean time I knew he was living with someone but never heard they got married 18 years ago. Moving on…he told me she had left the state to visit relatives…and 2 days later she told him she wasn’t coming back. The relative was one of her ex husband’s. My friend ended up in the hospital. and I didn’t know what happened to him. All of our communication was through my cell phone and his laptop…he was deaf. I finally found him through his friend’s list. Kept in contact daily,several times a day, night and day for months(he was with a son a couple hours away)…in Oct.'20 he came back to this area…we tried to find him a place to live that he could afford and he was staying with one of his bachelor friend. I finally ask him to move in with me…we are both Christians…she was applying for a divorce was back in her home. He moved in…in Nov. and was here til Feb. 12 when he went to the hospital. He died 4-10-21. We had about 3 and a half months together and we were both happier than we had been on a long time (me for many years…I had been married over 54 years).So don’t judge others…you don’t even know our whole story but in our case at 78 and 76…we fell in love and had some happiness and yes sadness but I’m glad we had that short time together.

3 Likes

NOThing,this is what I gained a best friend,HE cooks,cleans,laurdry,you name in,we even dicuss the bible and worship together,Istill have my freedom and so much more,would not trade him for nothing.

3 Likes

Just have ground rules. Make sure you make it known you’re not a maid, that way you don’t get roped into that role

1 Like

Is this life partner? Partner of the week? Month? I found there is nothing to be gained other than more laundry, filthy bathroom and hi snoring on couch cause they work hard (6 hours vs my 12) and are tired. Nope never again.

4 Likes

Are you talking about benifits as in government help (food stamps, ssi, welfare, or disability payments) or benifits as in non money ( the freedom of being alone and doing what you want)
Without a clear statement of what you think you might be losing NO ONE on here can possibly give you an answer.
Also, if you mean money benifits, rules could be different for each state. Better to look up info on your state benifits websites for accurate answers.

1 Like

You will lose respect for yourself. Get married or stay single in your home alone :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Statistics show that marriages more often fail when living together first.

7 Likes

What you lose doesn’t compare to what you gain❤️

8 Likes

Depends on your state and the benefits we are talking about. Each organization that you are receiving benefits from have an explanation for changes in your life. Read about them.

1 Like

Being able to do whatever you want in your home. :laughing:

3 Likes