I want to have wedding photos done without my husbands kids....advice?

No ma’am! If you think like that don’t marry that man!!

Wow, I don’t post alot but you are VERY selfish!!! If he has kids and you are getting married they become your kids as well. One family.

Wtf this sounds horrible.

I think you are all missing her point here. We are a blended family and our kids were pre teens. Our wedding photographer took a variety of pics of the bride and groom, with all kids, bride with her kids, groom with his daughter, everyone together, some included grandparents etc. you can see where I am going here. Then you can choose together which pics to buy and display. My MIL displayed several pics of our wedding and even one with just her son and granddaughter. It was the first time for us to all have formal pics done. I only displayed our wedding pic and the others were in an album sitting out to look at over the first year. It’s been 25 years, kids now married, 7 grandkids, all grandparents in heaven and after 3 house moves, I’m not sure exactly where our wedding pics are located! Btw, all of “our” children have been treated the same and have never been referred to as his or mine. If someone ask, WE have three kids!

How would you feel if your husband only wanted mostly photos with you and his kids, sorry this is just ridiculous, you need ALL the kids not just one parents or the others

You marry him. You marry his kids. Shame on you for feeling this way.

Why would you leave your step kids out of some photos??? When you marry their dad they come as a package deal! How would you feel if your husband did that tonyr kids (if they arent his)? I don’t see how anyone can do that.

1 Like

I think you should not get married.

That hard. I mean you are going to be their step mom and you don’t want them in the pictures those are kids you are going to be taking care of! Why wouldn’t you want them in all photos like your kids it’s only fair and I could see your man being pissed about that and rightfully so

1 Like

This is even a ridiculous post!! I can see wanting some of just you and your kids, with your husband, but, you should also do some with just his kids, and have your kids sit out!! I mean, seriously, how is that gonna make your kids feel??? Ok so how do you think his kids are gonna feel?? I can’t believe you’re wanting to leave his kids out of wedding pics, when that is joining a family as one whole!!! Your marriage definitely isn’t gonna last long!!

I wouldn’t put up photos of just you guys and your kids without his around the house. That’s strange. His kids are your kids now, your all one big family so everyone should be included. Unless you want to take pics of you guys with just his kids and put them up around the house also. Otherwise I wouldn’t do it separately.

7 Likes

I feel like you shouldn’t be marrying this man… those poor kids… :disappointed: shame on you

Don’t marry him. My “stepmother” did this to myself and my siblings. It’s disgusting. It’s traumatic and it sends a clear message to his kids that you don’t want them, if you can sleep contently sending them that message? Seek mental health help.

Women forget it’s his wedding too not just hers. And as a stepmother I would never exclude my stepson ever.

12 Likes

Ugh… I’ve been trying to come up with an appropriate comment, but i have nothing nice to say… You should be ashamed of yourself.

4 Likes

If you’re not willing to have your ‘steps’ kids in you wedding pictures, it doesn’t sound like this is a good union for you. You’re already trying to find ways NOT to include them in your family …
Hopefully your soon to be, will understand how you feel about his kids before saying I do …

1 Like

If you are already having a problem with his kids don’t think there needs to be a wedding. Didn’t you know he had kids before planning the wedding. You are a selfish individual. If this wedding takes place it will not work. You are all about you and your kids. Wake up man smell the roses and she is not a rose for many reasons

But you know if the shoe was on the other foot and it was him not wanting your kids in the photos then you would have an issue

1 Like

You are awful for thinking this we have a blended family and I love all the kids the same I would NEVER not include his kids and he would never do the same with mine you should not be marring him and you need to let him know now just how awful you really are

I would imagine you marrying a man who had kids from another relationship would mean that you are taking them on too and consider them “your kids” also. If not then you may want to have a talk with your husband to be BEFORE it gets closer to wedding so he can decide if he really wants a divided family or a new wife that can accept all the family.

2 Likes

If my soon to be husband requested this, I’d cancel the wedding. 1000%.

1 Like

I can sense a divorce shortly after that wedding… :eyes: You’d really set up a whole other day to get pictures WITHOUT your kids and ONLY his kids, rather than treat them like your own and let them be part of these special times? And just so they don’t feel left out, not because you want them involved? I’m currently planning my wedding and you bet, I’ve got plans for my fiance’s daughter’s dress and her place in it. She may not be MY daughter, but that’s still my daughter. :person_facepalming:

1 Like

Once you get married, “his kids” are your kids. If that’s not how you feel, save everyone a heartache and don’t get married.

1 Like

This is so sad. Being a step mom myself. I would never leave her out. I love her as my own. When you marry the family becomes one. I would be pissed that you only pictures of the 2 of you and your kids hung in the house. How will the step kids feel when they see that. Their should be no his kids, my kids, it’s OUR kids. I hope he gets a eye opener before he marries you.

1 Like

Married 18 years his mine ours.why wouldn’t you want pictures of his children in your home?what else do you plan to exclude them from?

1 Like

I can’t begin to comprehend your thought process or better lack there of! We waited until one of the coldest days of the year to make sure ALL of OUR kids were in our family pictures! I hope your soon to be husband finds out about this post before he makes a HUGE mistake!

You shouldn’t be getting married if this is how you feel. He’s a package desk with kids, just as you are! You need to grow up and hope this never happens to your kids!

You need to be honest with him And tell him exactly how you wrote it here, He needs to realize for himself How downright cold hearted you actually are

1 Like

Oof. Bridezilla much? If you dont include every kid dont take pics with any of them, or make sure you have pics with ALL of them.

This post is so shitty

Call off the wedding if you don’t consider those kids also yours.

1 Like

He (future husband) needs to get the hell away from you now. He’s a package deal sweetheart. How would you feel if he told you he didn’t want your kids in pictures?!

This is gross… you only want to hang photos in your home w you, him and YOUR kids? Why would you ever not hang ones of his kids as well… why the fk are you marrying him.

1 Like

As a bonus mom, I can’t believe this is a serious question. :triangular_flag_on_post:

Yeah don’t marry you. Why can’t he have pictures of " his kids" and you. Never mentioned that did you?

As someone who had a stepmother like you, I am thoroughly grossed out by what I read. Either accept his kids as yours, or don’t marry him. They deserve better. Grow up and step up. No kid deserves to feel unwanted or unloved by a family member. :confused:

1 Like

Someone should tell him to run :man_running:

I’d seriously rethink marrying a person if they didn’t accept my child as theirs. This is a very shallow request of your soon to be spouse. Would you like your kids excluded?!?!?

If you don’t consider HIS children to also be YOUR children, DO NOT MARRY HIM.

WOW! just WOW! Entitled much. Tell that man to run while he still has the chance!

I hope this guy runs before the wedding, what an awful stepmother, this post made me sick :face_vomiting:

Wow what did I just read… Please tell me this is a bait post… I can’t believe that people like this are getting married… How could anyone exclude there step kids…

Why do you need some with just “your” kids to hang in the house? It should be all the kids bc “his” kids are now “your” kids. You should be hanging pictures with everyone in it. Good luck bringing that up…that’s a fight waiting to happen.
Selfish much?

Surley this is a joke :see_no_evil::person_facepalming:

All kids or no kids. That’s messed up, those are his kids too. This makes me sick reading this. You made a commitment when you got with your husband. His children are now your children. Treat them that way.

Very sad. I hope he sees your true colors before he agrees to go through with marrying you. Those poor kids will always be excluded from SOMETHING with you and that’s not family. Don’t try to hide how you are just so he will marry you.

The amount of posts in this group that single out or blame the kids of the other partner is so sad! If you can’t or don’t want to include the other children or you put them on the sidelines then it’s probably not a good idea to get involved with someone who already has kids.

Gross. This whole post is just sad to me. I don’t understand why some women and men are like this. Why are you even marrying this man if you don’t want his kids in the FAMILY wedding pictures. What other things in your life do you exclude them from. You are marrying him AND his kids. Just as he is marrying you AND your kids. Ask yourself this, how would you feel if he asked you the same question? And told you he only wanted to hang pictures up around the house of his kids and not yours? I hope he truly thinks hard about marrying you after you ask this question. Because I would’ve never married my husband if he wanted to exclude our boys (biologically mine) from our wedding. This is such a selfish and conniving act.

You’re a sad sad person. I’m with a man who has 4 kids and I have 1. I would never ever want his kids to be excluded from anything especially my wedding photos. When you chose to marry this man, you’re choosing his children. I hope he chooses his children over you. :roll_eyes: