I feel forgotten about since I had my son: Advice?

You can tell people no, we do not feel like seeing others today. Or you can ask others if they want to see baby to stop by watch the baby while you get things done like take a shower, have a nap or any other self care you need. I needed help and was not a single parent. You need to speak up to people and ask for a hand. If you feel it is getting worse talk to your health care provider for tips during this time of hormonal fluctuation.
To me this sounds like you put out the vibe your doing great as a mom so people don’t think you need help. Sometimes people are fooled by a great appearance and think you are doing great when deep down your hurting.

Its common (in my experience) people forget moms are recovering or going through a postpartum period its not talked about and its hard.

If you feel like you need help or a small nap talk to family/friends ask if they mind holding the baby while you shower, or eat/take a cat nap or cook. Don’t be afraid to let them know you’re struggling and youre feeling depressed.

It does not make you a bad mom or a failure it makes you a human mom recovering with hormones, lack of sleep, adjusting to a new post partum body ect…

Its common that people forget to ask mom how they are. If you arent ok dont be afraid to ask 1or talk, post partum can sneak up and decline quickly.

5 Likes

Hello viewers
My name’s Susan and I live in Chicago, about 6 months ago my husband left me and moved in with another woman , I was frustrated because I had to take care of the out kids alone and in the process I almost lost my job , I was seriously traumatized and I told me friend about it, she tried to help me talk things over with him all to no avail , so about a month ago I was just browsing on the net when I saw a testimony by a lady called Alison Bryan, she was talking about how Dr OLISA helped her bring back her husband , as a Christian I was really scared , but then I had to give it a try because this man means a lot and also he’s the love of my life , so I contacted Dr OLISA and he told me all I needed to do , today I’m one of the most happiest woman on earth :earth_americas: because my man is back and is everything is back to normal, are you in a messy relationship, is your wife/husband trying to divorce you or has already divorced you worry less because Dr OLISA is a great and powerful man of God , you can contact him via dr.olisadoarz@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +46 70 194 13 09

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My parents favor my daughter over my son Advice? - Mamas Uncut

I never ever even thought about that. Weird.

I think everyone is just excited about the new baby everyone will still care about you but being a mam is hard

1 Like

It’s an exciting time in everyone’s life a new baby, and that’s simply how it is. I highly doubt its because no one cares, gosh I’ve had 8 babies and I can’t remember the last time a friend or family member had a baby and I wasn’t constantly asking how the parents were. I think as a mum you know it’s a rough ride and you try focus more on the happier things like a newborn. They’re so tiny and precious after all. Maybe speak to those you’re expecting to be more loving toward you and explain how you feel. Personally it doesn’t faze me but then I’ve been there and done it so many times it doesn’t bother me at all if people haven’t got the time to check in with me every 5mins, they too have their own lives to live. Also if you’re feeling pretty low maybe speak to your hv and gp about it too they can be really supportive. Just remember just because they don’t say they love you doesn’t mean they don’t, just because some one doesn’t offer a hand doesn’t mean they won’t help if you ask. You need to take the step to reach out because in a sense people may not even know that’s how you feel and that’s not their fault. It’s just not usually the done thing to be asking a mum or dad how they are, it’s a known fact the first few months are hard work and no one really wants to emphasise that. Congratulations on your little one :heart:

1 Like

This is normal.
Its not right, but its normal.

I’m sorry.

Go get some help from the state for postpartum depression Sis.

Good luck.

You’ve just given birth, your emotions will be all over the place for a while, it’s understandable to feel that way, and I completely see where you’re coming from but family and friends are probably just really excited to see baby and overlooked asking you, it’s not an excuse I’m just trying to see it from their perspective, they love you just as much as they did before. Chin up mama you got this. :heart:

You find out who your true friends and family are once u have had a kid.

3 Likes

Yes it’s normal see if you can hook up with a mommy me group the hospital should be able to put u in touch

I had my little girl in January and feel exactly the same as you with my family. It’s like people just assume you can now cope with anything and your identity just becomes your childs. I don’t think the pandemic has made it any easier as health visitor contact is extremely minimal. Always feel free to message me if you’d like a chat :blush:

There is NOTHING wrong with you. That’s just how it is usually. Post partum is soooooo hard anyway. I see you sister. My husband was around when my kids were that little, so it wasn’t as difficult for me as it is for a lot of people. But, I am a single mom now (husband died) and NONE of us seem to matter. Everyone has their own lives and are busy. So, believe me when I say that I SEE YOU!!! Love and hugs to you momma.

You definatly realise who your friends are when you have a baby. It shouldn’t be like it but it is. You’ll realise that when you and your baby are content enough you’ll be OK with out them. Don’t chase them. And it doesn’t have to be all about your baby forever you still need to do you. Well done though for even leaving the house. I have 3 children and some days we still don’t leave the house :rofl: x

Hey hun, it is ‘normal’ in a way but know that you’re not alone, many of us have been there. It is hard going I know, ive got 3! I’m also a single mother my youngest is nearly 8 months old and everyone is always asking and cooing over her. You matter too :heart: try and speak to you’re health visitor or gp dont sit in silence, you’re opinions and feelings are 100% valid. Try speaking to your friends and family and remind them you’re not just a mum. Take care and hopefully you can voice yourself xxx

Sometimes women go through a postmortem depression. I did when i had my last baby. I felt like i was left out all the time, and i cried at the drop of a hat. If you get worse…or things dont get better in a few weeks maybe you should see your doctor.

Unfortunately its pretty normal. I had my daughter 4 years ago and no one gave sh*ts about me it was always wheres the baby how’s the baby, and once I stopped answering them they stopped contacting me. You find out who your true friends are after kids, I had my son 7 months ago and again everyone was baby focused it does eventually stop and people get over the new baby phase

2 Likes

I have 2 children my oldest is 4 my son is 4 months,what upsets me is not many people ask how my daughter is they always mention my son
The excitement of a new baby takes over I was lucky that a few people ask how i am from time 2 time
You really do find out who your friends are once you’ve had a baby
X

4 Likes

I feel the exact same way. My inbox is always open please don’t sit feeling alone and that you’re now just “mum” and have lost your name and who you once were. I’m always here for anyone

10 Likes

I get it … but I think please just don’t take it personally … I think everyone loves a baby and that’s all that is it to it … my youngest is now 16 months but if I go anywhere without any of my children even now they just ask where they are… very rarely has anyone asked how I am … i think it’s just assumed now that us moms can cope with anything which is far from the truth … all i can really offer advice wise … is if you need help then you need to speak up and confide in someone who you can trust … I’m lucky that I have a husband that supports me and sees when things are taking it’s toll … but if you don’t have someone seeing the day to day then you need to speak to someone close and tell them how you feel :relaxed::relaxed: wishing you and your little boy all the best xx

2 Likes

Tell your friends and family how you feel. Please speak to you Health visitor or GP and get same help :kissing_heart:

1 Like

You are definitely not alone in feeling like this… just try talking to them about it…. I usually just say “I’m ok too” in my best sarcastic tone :sweat_smile:

Where do you live? Maybe one of us is close enough to help?