I am leaving my childs father...advice?

I’ve decided it’s time to leave my babies father… I’ve been dragging it because I’m so scared to be alone with my babies, I’ve never worked… I’ve been a stay at home mom for 5 years… I have 2 kids. I’m craving to be independent but I’m just scared… I don’t know how and where to start I have to start from zero. My smallest, exclusively breastfeeds and has never left my side… how can I do this…

10 Likes

Check into Head Start for your children. It is free if you bare eligible. Next, find a job within the hours your children (birth to 5 yrs) can attend. You can apply for assistance with security deposit and 1st month’s rent if you have a community action agency in your area. Also, check with the child support agency to find out what all is needed to establish child support payments. If it is an abuse situation check in with shelters and/or victims services, they could help you to
If it is not abuse and just a miserable existence then do it right. Get yourself prepared properly and you can make it.

I’ll be honest as a single parent it can be very hard at times but if you put your mind to it you can do it I have done it for 5 years now and wouldn’t have it any other way it makes your stronger

2 Likes

I did this, in 2019. Never worked, couldn’t drive, 2 kids. I was between couches and friends for 2 years. It is HARD, but you can do it. Take 1 day at a time.

2 Likes

Mama don’t you see you’ve already been doing it yourself? Maybe not financially but you do everything else. Look into women’s shelters, they will help you get onto assistance until baby is old enough to go to daycare so you can either return to work or go to a college.
I’ve been there, it’s hard, it’s stressful. And I’m not going to lie, the harassment continues after you leave, and just so you know if there’s no court order either parent can take the kids and not give them back until there’s a court order.

Be safe :heart:

3 Likes

Unless this is in a domestic abuse situation where you need to leave immediately and suddenly due to safety concerns. You really need to get your ducks in a row first job, daycare, housing, etc. You especially need to secure these things if you don’t have a support system to help you until you find a job etc. So I’d say get your ducks in a row first, unless it’s an abuse situation and safety is a concern.

11 Likes

You can’t do anything until you get a job. Full time job. Daycare. Do this while still together. Once you gain financial independence, then you can move out. In today’s world, you have to work, work and work. Nothing is free.

17 Likes

You could work as an early childhood educator, usually you get childcare for free or a significant discount. No nights, no weekends. It’s not the best money but you can make it work and possibly get a weekend/night job if you have some to watch your littles. That is how/why I started out in the field, I am now a director and love my job.

I been in your shoe, I am a stay at home mom, have been for almost 6 years now. I got my first job last year in September and only worked for three months. I feel the same way you feel sometimes. If I ever left my relationship, I’d be feeling scared too and not knowing what to do or how I’d get by. We always gotta start from the bottom to get to the top.

You could leave and still be a stay at home mom and do home daycare for other peoples kids. You say you have never worked but that is something you have alot of experience with that you could do right away. You will also be entitled to child support. I don’t know where you live but in Canada, if you have been at home for 3 or more years raising your children, and your spouse has been financially supporting you, you are entitled to spousal support for a period of time.

Yeah definitely keep it on the DL and line up a babysitter then get a job. You gotta get some checks coming in first so you can be comfortable. You are gonna be sad and miss your babies but you will be so much happier especially if the relationship is not a healthy one. It’s only going to damage the kids having them around that so focus and work hard to get everything lined up

1 Like

Before you run off a cliff, you might want to find out how much childcare is. You never gave a reason. You’re just leaving. Why?

Pull up your big girl panties you can do it

This is why I recommend young adults not go go from their parents home to their SOs. You never get that time period to find out who you are alone, independent. Then you end up staying in a relationship out of fear & necessity instead of love.

1 Like