I am afraid to take maternity leave due to what happened last time I did: Advice?

That Family Leave Act, is a Federal Law for every city. You can file a Federal Law Suit against him and company. Please check on that. Under that Act your husband can take FMLA with you if necessary.

After maternity leave I’d be looking for a different job. There are way more jobs now that people don’t want to work. Stop settling for companies that don’t care.

11 Likes

Take your leave go back to work for a couple weeks and quit but make sure you find a new job when on leave

2 Likes

Give him a months notice that you will not be returning. What goes around comes around on both sides. Let the past go, handle it professionally and you will be blessed with bigger and better things!

10 Likes

You need a new job. Get one. File against him. Never go back. Walk away with your head held high.

1 Like

Maybe you should search for other employment. I hope you value yourself so much that you won’t let anyone treat you badly. Good luck.

2 Likes

Family Leave Act protects you from loosing your job completely. My advice, take maternity leave on his dime, look for a job while you are out. Go back for a week and tell him goodbye.

22 Likes

Stay home with your children if you can. Otherwise new job and new boss. He has probably broken several laws anyway.

1 Like

Use this as an opportunity to find a new job when the time comes to go back to work.

1 Like

Use your maternity time off to look for new employment

1 Like

Well I’m April’s fiance Jackie. I don’t think you should have come back in the first place. He can only get away with as much as y’all let him. If you’re going to let him do this crap, we’ll hun you have yourself to blame. Take your leave. If he does it again. Take him to court

Never let anyone treat you bad .
I’m sure you could get another job with your skills and be treated respectfully .
Look for something while your out on Maternity leave and when you go to return to work if your boss tries to pull that crap contact other jobs for work and tell your boss to stick it .

1 Like

This is why woman like myself have to hide pregnancy. I gave birth on a Sunday, called work Monday saying I had kidney stones, and was back to work Wednesday. My OB at my checkup was pissed.

Boy I feel you. Got 2 employees that can’t do crap but the one got hired in with more money and this is the kicker. She told the boss she has lots of experience. Here’s her experience… Never worked a day in her life, all her ex husband’s took care of her until they all divorced her, calls off work knowing there’s a ton of **** to be done, then goes home early at least 3 days a week because she’s tired and all the bosses let her. Then they expect me to get the jobs done. Sorry. Not happening anymore. They can’t read, can’t see,moves slower than a snail and I’m tired of it. So if they can’t work then either can I.

If you can afford to talk to an attorney dealing in human resources and employment issues to find out what is legal in your state. Do not quit job before your leave is up

Cut the cord with employer. You have a family to worry about

If you leave like the first time, have no contact with him under any circumstances…period.

Don’t setttle. Take tour leave, enjoy your baby and find a new job. He’s a jerk!!

Take it to God in prayer n watch him work it out he will open a bigger n better door for u I guarantee he will work it out. Blessings fir your new addition to family.

3 Likes

If your company has 50 employees or more it is federal law that your employer provide a family medical leave (given that you worked enough hours since your ladt leave) he must protect your job and if he doesn’t tell him you’re reporting him for being in violation of federal law

Is there a legal aid office in your area? It’s time to sue this jerk!
I wanted to call him something else but F.B. might not post it.

There are laws for this type of thing. Talk to the Department of Labor about it.

1 Like

Seriously. Literally people are dying for employees and will treat you way better. Take your leave and look for s new job. They are offering bonuses galore…

4 Likes

Why do you stay? Start working temp to hire jobs. This guy is breaking the law. Don’t be his puppet.

Take leave and dont return. Try to use some of your leave time to find something else.

He isn’t breaking any laws. All he has to provide you with is a job comparable in pay to the one you were doing when you went back.

I believe the Department of Labor may be interested in this Bozo.

4 Likes

What did he do during the pandemic?

File a claim and make him fire you and collect unemployment and fun yo another job.

3 Likes

Quit. Find a job after you have been at home for a while. Family is def more important than some lame ass boss

Thank you for your wonderful comments all of them are very positive and informative young lady I wish you luck and you are in my prayers

1 Like

Have your baby, take the time off you legally get. While on maternity leave seek employment. You can’t stand the job and your boss. Why stay?

7 Likes

We teach people how to treat us. He’s already shown you his colors. Take your Maternity Leave and plan to find a DIFFERENT employer when you’re ready to return to the workforce.

6 Likes

Go have your baby and don’t go back find a new job

1 Like

Seriously quit your job. Your miserable there. Find a job after the baby is born that you would enjoy.

Go and see your community lawyer it’s free

1 Like

You need to find a new job. This guy is shady!!!

I sure hope you aren’t related to him.

Fuck that you have rights! Get a lawyer, he can’t do that

1 Like

You need to get a government agency on your side.This is not right.

1 Like

Tell him you will find some place else to work that pay your worth

First of all you were foolish for ever going back

I’m pretty sure he is required to hold your job while on FMLA. I had pregnancy complications. They held my job the 12 weeks I had on FMLA. But it was up a week after my son was born and we were in for a long NICU stay. After the FMLA was up they told me I could come back but as a new hire. I’m pretty sure that’s the rule… I didn’t go back tho. I decided to just stay home with him as long as I could.

What he is doing is called discrimination, and is illegal as hell. The nys labor dept will help you figure out your best course of action. This seems like a long term nightmare

1 Like

You need FMLA to back you up

1 Like

This guy is a p***k! File a complaint, don’t EVER work for him again and BELIEVE that you deserve better, because you do!

There are thousands of jobs out there e especially now Walmart is offering $17 an hour Big companies treat people much better Your Boss is a scum

4 Likes

I hate it when women are penalized for having a baby. This is unconscionable behaviour and should not be allowed

2 Likes

Have faith. Take your paid family leave. Bond with your baby. Then go back and if he makes that hard, get unemployment and have more time with your baby. And believe you will find a better job. All will be well. It will work out. Think positive and plan for it to be ok. Take it for granted he will hold your job as the law requires. Or you will get a better job. This is your turn point. Do the right thing, put your family first, and all the right things will happen. It’s a matter of faith and belief.

2 Likes

Jesus, he would get hung and quartered if he tried that in Australia. Take your Maternity Leave and when it is time to go back to work, find another job. You are worth more than what he is offering and you deserve better.

You have legal recourse against this $&#%£! If you can’t afford an attorney, get in touch with your labor board!!! Don’t let the sun set on this-He’s USING you and your situation to get cheap labor!!! You don’t mention a significant other, so if you’re a single parent, he thinks he has you over a barrel- NOT IN THIS DAY AND AGE!!! Keep a day planner with what happened when , keep texts, etc. He is a bully and a criminal!!!

You obviously have skills . Quit the job permanently and go elsewhere

Take your leave then find another job… these are legit work from home jobs, join this group and tell him good riddance!!

That’s illegal. Call the EEOC.

Can you Get a new job

Take the leave anyway.

tell that creep to take that job and shove it, you dont deserve beeing treated like that,

EEOC is your choice…

1 Like

Look for another job

2 Likes

i would contact a ,Federal Agency called Wsge and Hour.

1 Like

Contact your labor board.

3 Likes

Stick to this job
With three kids u need this arrangement
Definitely looking after kids affects your work output so don’t stress right now
Wait till your youngest is in school then you can ask to have better place in company and better pay

I would file a complaint. They have to give you your job back

Take your leave, get paid for it, then leave him high and dry. Job sounds too miserable to care about. Also, you should definitely speak to an attorney about the first incident. They are not allowed to demote you for taking maternity leave. It is discrimination

Killing your mental state over a job that REPLACED you with no problem. Girl take your maternity leave and cut your losses. There are SO MANY jobs out there that value their employees. This company isn’t one of them. Get out while you can :100::clap:t2:

Wow! Only in America, huh? In Canada that is illegal. You cannot be fired or demoted. You keep your job and position and get paid leave. And you don’t have any medical bills for giving birth.

I would consult with an attorney and see if you have a case for discrimination and labor abuse. I’d ask for the maternity leave and if I did have a case sue him and enjoy the baby longer :slight_smile:

I recommend talking to an attorney. See if you can get a free consultation. This whole thing sounds illegal to me. I knew someone else this happened to and she got an attorney and has a case. This guy sounds like he’s taking advantage of nice but naive people. I mean that in the best way possible. Sometimes we just don’t know all our rights. Definitely take action against this guy. He sounds like a jerk.

1 Like

Get a lawyer and sue him!!! You deserve better. Take a deep breath relax enjoy your pregnancy your children and your baby soon :heart: 212-248-0120 call this number and get a free consultation…

Don’t work for this company. They violated federal rules with your last leave. Quit when it’s time to go on leave.

Why would you go back to work for someone that did you dirty before? All money ain’t good money, and that it what has you in this predicament now. You had plenty of options and took NONE OF THEM. 1- Not get pregnant 2- don’t go back to a job with a dirty boss 3- stay where you were. Some people are unconsciously gluttons for punishment🤦🏾‍♀️

I would leave that job enjoy having my baby then worry about work after with a NEW job. Nothing you’ve had before always go with something new.

Take maternity leave and don’t go back. Find another job that treats you better.

Girl find an attorney that will not take any money from you until you get a settlement or sue this company! Attorneys will do that and I’m sure it won’t be hard to find one willing to because this is an easy case to win. You should sue, you would win And make that money back, plus some.

He doesn’t appreciate you.

FMLA is a federal law that requires your job be available to you for up to 12 weeks. I live in VA and I have no idea how other states run programs but with FMLA, its guaranteed that you will come back to your job. I believe you have 12 weeks but of course you need to be approved prior to leaving for maternity leave.
I don’t know if this helps or not but good luck.

He treats you badly because you let him. I get it-it is tough to find a job. Take your leave and find someone who appreciates you

1 Like

Take the maternity, hire a lawyer, and look for new employment, heck depending on how your coping with pregnancy, find a short course to get you back to work bigger and better without having to scrape :heart:

2 Likes

Well under FMLA he can give you whatever role he wants to as long as he still holds a position for you at that company. Technically he isn’t doing anything wrong. Morally yes, but legally no. Instead of being worried about maternity leave you need to be worried about why he’s paying newer people more money. After you have your baby just find a new job. He’s only doing that to you because you’re allowing it. He knows that you’re going to stay.

You are going to have to decide what is more important. Being able to work part time from home so you can be with the kids or a different employer that requires you to work in office and not from home. Thanks to our government taking bribes from businesses, we don’t have many rights left as workers. I doubt you will have a job left when you come back. Not sure how they hold a position open that they need a person to work, anyway. That hurts the business. And he was right in that moving someone there and then forcing them to move somewhere else when you do finally come back is not fair or okay for the person that is having to work it while you take off. Maybe beef up that resume and find something else after you take the maternity leave. The company you work for doesn’t sound very employee friendly to begin with. I would apply elsewhere while on maternity leave and interview. As a mom, you are lucky you even get maternity leave. Most of us don’t and have to suck it up and return to work. You could always do like the rest of us if you are really worried and just forget the maternity leave and go back to work like most women have to.

What he did was against the law. Familiarize yourself with it and have a conversation with your boss. Let him know you know he broke the law last time and if he does it again you will file a case against him.

1 Like

Well honestly the only thing you need advice on is what to do about your job… because you have no choice about maternity leave you have to have the baby… and your boss is going to do the same thing this time around … let him then sue him but don’t be an idiot and go back to work for him… you let them walk all over you their gonna walk all over you

Just find something at home to do if your gonna keep having babies and having issues with jobs

1 Like

I would file a lawsuit with the EEOC. Tell them in detail everything he is doing and that you’ve done everything you could to keep peace, you’ve been a dedicated worker, etc. You’re worried about your future with the company. They will have to investigate. I had similar problems with one of my former jobs treating me horribly while I was pregnant. They did everything they could to fix the situation.
Or you could go on leave, apply for other jobs and just leave this asshole in the wind. Its hard to leave behind a job you’ve given blood, sweat and tears for but you have to do whats best for you.

I think they are required to give you work when you come back, not necessarily the same position… that’s why they gave you 2 jobs but if you’re not happy there find a different company.

Isn’t that illegal whaf your boss did?
Cuz that’s illegal here in Canada.

That’s not legal. You should look for a new job. Another place will appreciate you

Take your leave ,then find a new job

3 Likes

Girl…leave the damn place…take unemployment n do what u gotta until u feel like going back to work again…if u can afford it…

1 Like

There is the family leave act that is federal. He cannot take your job away. He must when you return give you your job back or you can sue him.

1 Like

Think about a healthy delivery. Pray to God. Start looking a job and lawyer from now. Take every day of maternity you have.

Leave that job immediately.

Take your Maternity leave. Have Postpartum depression have your doctor take you out longer when getting close to getting back to work tell him I’m coming back if her refuses you to come back sue him for Discrimination. You don’t owe him anything

1 Like

Good paying jobs are hard to find and everything costs so much nowadays. With Cov19 so many jobs are going belly up so it is a tough. u can talk to your job but some are just not making it well financially and perhaps they may want to offer raises but cannot do so. It’s just a thought. Kids are expensive and this world is not good anymore like it used to be. If I were young in this world now I am not sure I would have any kids at all. Congrats to you thinking this world is still good. At least you see some hope not all of us see anymore.

You can thank ivonka trump for keeping the money for working moms. That grifter claims the arabs gave her millions for working women, and maternity pay. :roll_eyes:

I’d leave the company. Take your leave with no intention of going back to the job. Start applying elsewhere now!

1 Like

What he did was illegal I believe. You have to go back to the same job or something similar and stay at the same pay or above. I would get an attorney to look into this. One of those who gets paid only if you win. Good luck.

What he’s doing is illegal! While on maternity leave, he was supposed to hold your position or one equivalent to it. And treating you poorly is considered a “hostile work environment”. You absolutely have a case against him if you wanted to pursue it. But honestly, there is so much work available, I would take my maternity leave and/or PFL, and then find another job when it’s time to go back. And with the pandemic, there are a lot more companies allowing remote work.

1 Like

If look for a new job… He treats you like crap he holds things over you … Girl theres so many jobs right now… Take the L and tell him youre done

3 Likes