I am a single parent and pregnant again: Advice?

I recently found out I’m pregnant. I have two kids already. Is this gonna be a major change in my relationship with my kids now? I’m a single parent. I’m scared it’s gonna be hard

168 Likes

Yes. Its going to be hard.

1 Like

Yes it will be hard but you got by so far you can do it again

Birth control. Sorry but - it’s going to be very difficult.

15 Likes

It’s hard, but you guys will all adjust ! I don’t think it’ll change the relationship with your kids tho. My older kids are 10 & 7, and my baby is 7 months. They love her sooo much & we still have the same bond we’ve always had

2 Likes

I did it.
It’s not easy at all, but it’s worth it. Xx

2 Likes

Also no disrespect at all but if you find you can’t cope maybe wear protection then there won’t be a major problem for you asking for advice because you have kids and maybe can’t cope with another this isn’t judgment by the way its common sense

16 Likes

It is goin 2 b hard but u will pull thru…u never know hw strong u r until u r in da mist of da valley

2 Likes

Use birth control next time

20 Likes

It’s called condoms or birth control

12 Likes

#humanrightswhithoutfrontiers #soscolombiaendictadura #DDHHINTERNACIONAL #ParoNacional #SOSColombiaDDHH #Residente #soscolombia #CNNInternational #NosEstanMantando

#humanrightswhithoutfrontiers #soscolombiaendictadura #DDHHINTERNACIONAL #ParoNacional #SOSColombiaDDHH #Residente #soscolombia #CNNInternational #NosEstanMantando

I have 5. Single parent. Find your mom tribe. It is hard but you can do it.

2 Likes

I was a Single mother of twins that were almost 9 when I had 3rd child… It has been hard but I do whatever is needed for my family. I am lucky that I have help every now and then but they come first.

3 Likes

men are more work than the kids. I’m a single parent by choice.

9 Likes

Not a single mom but I’m pregnant with my second one too and my daughter is seven months

1 Like

Are you a single parent or are you single and a parent? Yes there’s a difference.
It’s another challenge but thats all it is. A challenge. Nothing is impossible. You figure it out and find a way.

It depends on your childrens ages. If they are all little then yes it will be difficult. But you’re a single mom so you’re dealing with difficult already. You will be fine :heart: Happy Mothers Day :rose:

It will be hard but nothing you can’t handle. Your kids will love their sibbling no matter what. Mother’s can do anything :heart:

1 Like

Single, but you’re pregnant again. How? Same baby daddy, your boyfriends baby or one night stand?
To be honest, it all depends on the situation.

It wasn’t hard for me. Kids were old enough and helped w the new baby. It all depends the circumstances

Sad how many women throw birth control at this woman when we ALL know it isn’t 100% affective and it DOES happen. Judgement is easy for some. It WILL be okay hunnie yes it will be hard but you did it thus far :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: congrats :clap:t2:

9 Likes

It’s hard but I did it all on my own & my are children are now 17 18 & 20 my daughters are the oldest & no grandbabies their still babies themselves. Just pray & God will you through it all :pray:t5::100::dart:

1 Like

Hard…yes ofc. But parenting more than 1 child whens theres just you is hard. But moms have a way of making it work, sticking to it, and moving forward. You got this, and don’t be afraid to reach out to anyone when you need to. It takes a village to raise kids! And Happy Mothers Day!! Itll be ok once everything gets into a routine
#MomSupport

So is this group just about asking for advice now? I haven’t seen any posts about nails in quite some time.

7 Likes

How did that happen?

1 Like

I agree she’s asking for advice not asking for you to throw out negative comments about needing to use birth control. God will get you through this. I too was a single parent to both my 12 and 14 year old boys and I don’t regret a single thing. You can do this bless you.

So… Do y’all want people’s honest opinions, or just the opinions of people who agree when you? Unclear🤔

9 Likes

Abort. It’ll save money and time.

I’m a single mum to 3, my kids are 14, 10 and 1. Not going to lie the start has been hard but having even a small routine has been key :slight_smile:

For me, it’s worth it, the good days and the bad are all worth it. I love seeing the 3 kids grow together. Goodluck x

Happy Mother’s Day!!!

I did it…not a big deal…but that’s just me i guess

The question wasn’t about birth control. It was about the relationship with her kids. Give them your love and they will love you back. Very simple. Good luck.

I was always told … one is hard…two is harder…after that nothing really changes. But im sure that isn’t quit true. Everything is hard you just push through everyday. You can do it

1 Like

I just know that all of us go through tough issues. Only you know what’s right for you. Beware of who you try to talk about things with. So you don’t get attacked by those who don’t even know you.

Well think about how it was with your 2 others, I’m sure you got this and there is no need to worry yourself. Most of the time children adjust and love to help with their new baby sis or bro. You have love and support from them and that’s all that matters. Stay safe and p.s the gif is just for laughs

1 Like

Consider placing your child up for adoption. I adopted my wonderful son 38 years ago. I was able to place him in the best schools. Music lessons etc. He graduated Prudue with a masters and lives a very successful life. I could never have given him this life without his birth mother giving him the gift of life. Please consider

6 Likes

Try practicing birth control dah

9 Likes

You’ll do great mommy sometimes being single is better less stress & drama

3 Likes

Condoms…birth control if your already a single mother than be responsible

7 Likes

Plus you can get more welfare now and more tax breaks

4 Likes

That’s simple use condoms or some kind of birth control how about fix urself or don’t have sex single parent idk but u need 2 to make babies somewhere that kid has a father so go find him :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Idk what its gonna be, but I feel a bit more prepared mentally to do this alone. My other two pregnancies ended with me being a single parent and it was hard to accept. Its gonna be a challenge, but you will be ok. Hopefully you have a support system. I dont so the only thing I can do is take it one day at a time.

Well you have options, weigh the ones which are right for you. I wish you the best of luck

If you really think you can’t mentally handle another kid… there are plenty of private adoptions that take place… maybe next time you will wait till your in a committed relationship before having sex… birth control or not … shit happens

2 Likes

It’s hard but worth it. Good luck and happy mother’s day.

Wow people what if this happens to you or your daughters or niece. Judge not unless you want to be Judge.

6 Likes

Ever try birth control.

Stop having unprotected sex or get on some BC :woozy_face: single parenting isn’t easy, it is HARD. I personally know smh

Birth control, condoms, or stop having sex with men that either don’t care to stick around or you don’t find worthy enough to stick around…

I used some kind of jell that prevented pregnancy and he wore a condom. I have a beautiful 35 year old daughter. Don’t judge! You’re not in her shoes!

Why is this called nails 2 die for? Have not seen any nails? Just drama.

Trust in the Lord Jesus.
You could be carrying the next “David or Deborah” in the Bible!!!

4 Likes

How you single & having se** lol like

You should be scared. This is going to be hard.

You can prevent things like this. Use a condom.

Wow everyone on here are a bunch of assholes

6 Likes

Close your legs might be the first step

5 Likes

Raising kids on your own is hard anyways but add a 3rd well your the only one that know. How your livening how your going to live and someday find a guy that wants you all? it’s just going to be hard but I think if you really are that worried I know I’m going to get hell for it but you can always have that abortion or you can carry it and give it up but to carry that baby’s all the way that’s not mental I think not knowing if it went to a good home always hearing a baby cry wounding if it’s yours? But your the only one that knows what’s best for you nobody else

I recommend learn how to coupon, i have saved so much on diapers and food, learning how to coupon and budget

1 Like

Keep your legs closed

5 Likes

People are ignorant apparently. We can’t all prevent being single parents to multiple children. I have 4 and my husband passed away while I was pregnant with our 4th. It’s hard as hell but it will be okay. Find yourself some good friends and family to support you during this time. I am sorry so many people are cruel but you got this! And happy mother’s day

8 Likes

Where are the dads and yes it’s gonna be hard but I was told by an older lady if you can take care of 2 you can take care of 3

2 Likes

It is hard, but you gotta remember who you’re doing it for. I don’t regret any of my 3 children who I raised on my own. You’ll find a way to push through, the setbacks always feel tough especially when on your own but it’s all worth it when your kids are grown and remember who was there for them (you) and who wasn’t (sperm donor).
Take it easy, happy mother’s day :heart:

1 Like

Join Mom Life - Advice & Support.

3 Likes

This is your choice. Do what’s best for you and your 2 babies here… hugs and support to you

1 Like

This comment section did not pass the vibe check :disappointed:

Im on my 3rd as a single mum its not hard at all its a blessing and i wouldn’t change it for the world your a strong independent women who don’t need a bloke u can do this !!!

1 Like

Same her my husband is here but I went thru what u did

It’s a massive step between having 2 and then 3. Plus if they have different daddies then you will never get then all taken at once so never going to get a break unless you have An amazing network of family and friends

**fan question… why and when did this turn into a parenting/relationship group? I’m still on here be I supported the original cause…so can you be more descriptive in the details? I love the nail group but if it’s turning in to a soap opera I wanna be done. No offense. Wish u the best :heart:

12 Likes

Should have been scared for sex now its too late

Should have kept you’re legs crossed. Stupid arsehole .

10 Likes

Was this from a one night stand or something not judging just trying to figure out how you’re a single parent if you just got pregnant are you not in a relationship or

It’s going to be hard but just give your kids lots of love. I hope you have support from family.

2 Likes

I found out I was pregnant in 2020 and I am a single parent to two. The baby’s father didn’t want the baby but I couldn’t turn my back on my little boy so I decided to go it alone. Even though it was maybe the worst time of my life and I was very depressed and scared of how I would cope and what my life would be like with three children on my own when I heard my baby cry it all disappeared. I found the courage, love and strength for my baby and my family to keep going. The babys father loves him now and still loves me but we are still not making headway and its complicated, I love him so much too. My children love thier brother and have helped alot. Everything will be ok when your baby comes and you will know exactly what to do xxx congratulations on your new baby and all the best for the future. Xx

Yes. Being a single parent is hard, no doubt. Just love your children Mama. I doubt it will change your relationship with your other children. Just be the best Mom you can be and they are gonna love you regardless.

3 Likes

Lots of prayer, and love.

I know people who would love to adopt a child.

3 Likes

It might be a lil harder but girl u already got two you got this. Plus sometimes its easier with a few they entertain and care for each other

4 Likes

Why did you get pregnant again? Are you in a stable relationship

15 Likes

I wasn’t a single parent of 3 but my husband was deployed for over a year. 1 is easy, 2 is doable, 3 is a hot mess. But it’s worth it.

Lol… ya… it is hard. Good luck

Honestly once you have 2 whats one more. It’s not as hard as it seems and depending on the other kids age they can sometimes be a huge help that makes it even easier.

1 Like

Your children are the greatest gift and will bring you the most joy of your life

1 Like

Closely examine your current living arrangements. Do you work and how would this effect your job? Insurance benefits for prenatal care? Pay Rent? Daycare? Child support to supplement? If this was not a planned pregnancy, there is a huge choice to make right now. If you have a family or friend support system, I wouldn’t doubt you could manage, but as a single mother, you will have numerous stress factors.

3 Likes

It’s not as hard as you’re thinking :heart: yeah it’s hard but it’s as rewarding as it is anything else you get all the love you’ll be great

1 Like

Anything worth while is hard. God chose you to be this childs mother for a reason. You will habe him on your side moving through the process.

Yes it will affect them. My husband is 1 of 3 raised by a single mother who never had a stable & secure relationship or household. The way he grew up & what he endured is so sad.
Always moving, different men in & out of his life & his mother’s life. It is not healthy for your kids. If you cannot manage more then the 2 you currently have…
Please consider other options, for the sake of your current children & yourself.

The children you already have will be alright. The one more affected is you! If the kids are lot babies but older. They follow four lead. The problem with the father of these children: the same or all different?
Parenting children without their fathers is a problem? I do not know the full backdrop o your post!

I have 5 kids as a single mom. They adjust. Just love them!

Do your babies daddies pay child support at least ?

Stop making babies, if being a mom is too hard fir you. Are you confused as to how that happens? It’s not like the flu. You don’t just come down with pregnancy.

15 Likes

How old are the others ? If older they are slot of help

Tight your tubes after this one.

4 Likes

I’ve seen this advice on another page and the person was bashed in the comments :cry:. You got this when it comes to kiddos love them no matter what and single parents can do it it’a just more work and just remember the kiddos always come first no matter what. You got this.

You need to get fixed!

7 Likes

I’m a single mom of 3. Went through my last pregnancy alone. She’s now 6. I have an amazing life. Great career that I’ve worked hard to have and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. Some days are hard but so rewarding. You can do it. My other kiddos are just fine. Kids are resilient and adapt well.

1 Like

It’s the first few months are the hardest. Bub will just slot in with the other kids.
Prepare as much as you can before, and don’t put too much pressure on yourself. It will workout. Goodluck :heart:

2 Likes

Keep your legs shut. SIMPLES.

10 Likes

God will not give you more than you can handle.:pray:t3:

1 Like