I am a single mom and need positive words

I need advice I don’t know what to do anymore. Im a single mom of 2 kids im doing it completely alone. I have no family no friends no support im with my kids 24/7. My kids are 3 and 5. My 5 year old has PTSD, ODD and sensory processing disorder. We also think he has ADHD and some form of autism. Hes in therapy and when in school he does occupational speech and physical therapy. We were in a stable place to live until the apartment owners decided to sell and now we are living in a motel. My depression and anxiety are at an all time high. I literally can’t take care of my physical(I need teeth pulled so bad I keep getting infections) or mental needs because I have no help or anyone to watch them. We hardly ever go anyone because literally every single time we go into public someone calls CPS on us(every time it gets unfounded) because of my 5 year olds behavior. Im at my wits end. I cry myself to sleep every night. Any time I mention to the so called friend I have that I need a break or my depression is kicking my butt she says " single moms do it all on their own all the time so I need to too" or " well ur a mom u need to stop being depressed and think of ur kids". Im also on SSI and a full time online college student. Im getting my bachelor’s degree in Cyber security. I’m getting straight A’s and on the presidents list. I need positive words or advice. Thank u for letting me vent

115 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I am a single mom and need positive words

You can get respite care for your oldest to go to appointments and such. I receive it for my daughter, some states will even pay you to be your child’s caregiver. Get that diagnosis for your oldest, apply for SSI for him/her as well. You got this momma. I’m also a momma to 2 and have a daughter with severe autism, I know it’s not easy.

7 Likes

Good job for your accomplishments. Is there any state/city help? Paid day care to give you a few hours of alone time?

2 Likes

Find a, local, single parents group. Somewhere you can bring the kids to for interaction with other kids their age, and a place where you’re able to relax and be with others in your situation.
I know… easier said then done, but my prayers are with you and you’ve made it this far!

3 Likes

I don’t have any experience with your situation but I see you and am sending you positive vibes, prayers for wisdom and healing and the belief that all the resources you need will arrive. Single momming is not easy :raised_back_of_hand::heart:

3 Likes

If you are getting any type of assistance(snap/food stamps…cash assistance) you may qualify for free child care…respite care check into it through the DTA, …good luck

1 Like

Where you from.i will quite gladly offer my hand in helping you take care of your children,so that you can have time to care for yourself.

2 Likes

Both my parents recently passed leaving me my autistic 16 year old brother. I get respite care funds. I have a case manager who helps get us what we need. Your PCP can order caregivers or therapy for home. Ask your insurance company what assistance you can get. I’m also a pediatric nurse so that helped me know what to do. You’re alone doing your life BUT there are other women in your position!!! Keep your head up and never give up! There’s a light at the end of the tunnel

3 Likes

I’m a single mother of 4. Also totally alone. Their father has been totally MIA for maybe a decade now, and was completely useless or not around at all for several years before he became a ghost. All of my kids have PTSD from witnessing domestic abuse and then a neighbor trying to r@p3 and kill me. One of my kids has ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, and Asperger’s. There’s some other diagnoses for the other kids as well. I was homeless with all 4 of them. It was hard, and lonely, and I haven’t been able to receive medical care (literally every time I had an appointment something happened with my kids that needed emergency attention). My exes family called CPS on me ALL THE TIME, and then most recently one of their dad’s girlfriends (all unfounded of course) so CPS has never opened a case.

Aside from how difficult life has been, and the many many many curve balls thrown out way- we are okay. I always make do, we have everything we need and then some, we are as close as people can get, we are tough as nails. Nothing can break us. My oldest graduated high school and is doing his thing, next in line to graduate is my middle son this year- both are brilliant (literal genius’s), my daughter is growing into her own, my youngest is thriving in middle school. We are good. We grow and learn every day and no matter what life throws our way we handle it. Take advantage of any and every program you can find. Look for resource officers at their schools, go to your local church for resources even if you aren’t religious, the kids doctors will have resources as well. For EVERY problem there is a resource and a solution. You will overcome every obstacle. Living the life I have lived I’m a firm believer in “everything happens for a reason”. I’m happy. I’m strong. I’m a motherfugging beast. I’m damn proud of what I’ve done and what I do every day. You’re no different from me. So you are too. Message me if you need, I have no judgement, and I can understand what you’re going through. Things will get better.

2 Likes

I am a single mom, my 2 don’t have all of that going on, I rarely get a break from them, which I LOVE spending time with my kids, they are by far my favorite humans! EVERY mother/father/caregiver needs a break at times for personal mental health! Mine have anxiety and even that has been TERRIBLE for my oldest, you are amazing, you have amazing grades and online classes are challenging! I was working full time, coming home, cooking, helping kids with homework, cleaning, getting all their school stuff out for the next morning, then doing my own school work, most the time couldn’t lay down until 1 or 2 am, then repeat. I can’t imagine doing it all and adding in your sons conditions, so you truly are awesome, and your friend is correct, you can do it and are doing it!!! However, a friend in my opinion should offer you a break or help you figure it out during your burnout. I believe if all parents were honest, it’s the hardest BUT most rewarding thing. Most keep moving through the tears!! Keep your head up, and look into the advice these ladies are giving you! Prayers for you!!

1 Like

I am a mental health counselor. I am happy to help you with your depression and sadness. I understand your situation and am sensitive to your needs. Please PM with a phone number or email. I will help you over the tough spots.

6 Likes

WOW, U GO GIRL, U CAN AND WILL DO IT… Where r u at, I could give u a hand?

1 Like

You say your a single mom but say “we” think he has…
Who is we, go after the father for child support, you can also get disability for the one child…DO IT TO HELP EASE YOUR FINANCIAL BURDEN!!!

Seek help/support from a local charity

1 Like

You need to look do a little more research for help around you. There is more out there than you know, no one wants you to know. Reach out to your community! And lord you need better friends!!! My 18yr old is autistic, my 15 yr old seizures. My husband was killed when they were 5 and 2. I did it myself, and learned there was more out there than what they tell you!

2 Likes

Find a group to join of people in similar situations. I wish you the best and I will pray for you.

I would get in contact with your local mental health clinic. They can set you up with a case manager who can help you get benefits for your 5 year old and therapy for yourself too. They can also help you get respite care and help you get set up with food stamps and shelter help. Having people tell you to stop being depressed and think of your kids is not helping you. Please contact the mental health clinic. They can also help you with transportation. Some case managers in the area I once lived in had been known to take clients to the grocery store in a pinch. Help is out there, you just need help to access it. Good job on your education. I hope you keep at it. You may be able to get some of those expenses taken care of through the local vocational rehab program through the state. They would work through the welfare office. Try everything to get back on your feet, Honey. You’re doing good.

3 Likes

Awww hugs and prayers for you. You’re amazing. And you got this :pray:t2::clap:t2:.

Find a women’s shelter that provides job assistance. Some of them also provide mental health assistance. A lot of churches offer Mother’s Day out also.

1 Like

You doing great to be doing on your on and you need to find you another friend

Sounds like you’re already handling it well. Continue your education sweetie and try to get help from after school programs

Momma first thing…take a deep breath. You are amazing! I am a single mom of two myself a 1 year old and 3 year old. I know except what you are saying. I’ve been depressed as well we can’t just get over it…not sure where you are from but please feel free to pm me I can at least talk to you sometimes a kind voice can help for a minute. And to know you are not alone. Believe me I know it’s hard but woman to woman I am here for you. If I can help in anyway I will. I have very little but whatever I can do I will.

4 Likes

Wow you handle all of that on your own wholly crap mama You are super fucking woman don’t let anyone tell you your not BIG HUGS idk if your son would qualify but I would try looking into far northern or behavior health children’s to see if there is some sort of support and program that they can help you utilize for respite care for your ADHD child I know a friend who utilized this with youth for change but that was with a referral from behavior health sounds like you could use it also valley oaks usually gives full time college student moms child care if your not doing online studies I have 4 children and it’s hard I was a single mom to 3 for a long time

Moms are amazing. It’s crazy how we keep moving through the worst of the worst even when we think we can’t keep going, we do. I bet there’s more help out there you just haven’t found it yet. Your friend is right you will do it on your own but it would be nice if she’d give you a hand. Just a little more research Mama and I bet you’ll find what you need and groups for other Moms with kids that have similar struggles will be a great resource. Hats off to you, keep going, you can, you will, you got this. :heartpulse:

You’re a great mom. Keep going woman!

Think about all the good things you are doing not many single mums can pull off a degree it is soo hard your position is only temporary and in time with patience it’ll settle Before working I had my kids 24/7 a break for me was sitting at a park or play center for hours literally until they told me they had enough while they played and I just sat with my thoughts they exhausted themselves out then it was relaxing when we got home …
The support is out there it’s just so hard to navigate and get into the right system ( I’m studying mental health ) it may take some researching but I know there are workers that can take you to appointments and assist with the children or offer occasional care … the thing is they wait until your are pretty much crippled at life before they help :woman_shrugging:t4:

“Humans arent born with a manuel, they are born with a mother”, your doing the best you can and your children are lucky

2 Likes

I hope you find a friend to help you out , it sounds like you are doing a great job!

Food and clothing banks will help. As for the child help I am sure there are churches or groups that can help there as well.

You can get help from local prgrams esp since ur kid has issues. . Thatll allow u to save ur govt check and get your own home. With ur schooling done u could work full time and .ake it back to the top. You got this.

There is a saying the fact that you are asking and trying to get help shows what kind of person and mom you are. The mom thing is hard, without going to school! It’s great of you to recognize some of your issues and concerns and talk about them. I agree about school resources, and maybe other support groups might help too? I’m sure many of the women or people on here, myself included, would be willing to talk and offer any information we can. You are amazing and strong even when it doesn’t feel like it. Your kids think you rule!

1 Like

I’m in the Kansas City MO area and I’d be willing to give you a break if you’re near me. My son struggled with ADHD at that age and it was hard finding help. You can also message me if you wanna talk!! Wish I could help more. Sometimes you just have to take it min by min.

2 Likes

i’m in western new york if that’s close to you dm me :heart: momming is HARD

1 Like

Sending hugs and prayers

Do you have citizens advice where you stay ? They can advise on pretty much everything. Or a womens refuge even? They can be really helpful . There’s probably help out there you know nothing about .
On line single parents groups or groups for children with special needs ? Likely find there are local ones
Please don’t feel that you’re a failure because you’re struggling right now. You’re doing an amazing job…just need a little break to look after yourself once in a while.
Might want to look into getting a different friend though

3 Likes

I wish the OP would pm me because our situations sound so similar and I feel almost the exact same way- even down to the whole dental work situation! I’m a single mom of three girls (a babyboy on the way), no family/no friends/no support system, and I’ve been struggling so bad to meet my own physical/mental needs as well. I work part time and just finished nursing school (RN) in May, but have hardly had any motivation to study/take my state boards bc of this horrible rut I’ve been stuck in. Maybe we could connect, chat, and lift each other up a bit. Hang in there mama, you are not alone! Please message me if you’d like!:crossed_fingers:t3::heart:

4 Likes

With your child’s problems you are can probably get respite …that way you can get a break

Keep venting if no where else in a journal. You are locked in a room with a special needs child. Blessings it’s tough
Reach out to your county for low income housing. God’s blessings.

1 Like

U got this keep pushing and hang in there

If you ever worry about being a good enough mother… then you ARE! EVERYTHING is so hard on you and I know it feels like your world is crumbling… but in reality that means everything is slowly coming together mama. I’m here with you. My son is adhd and ocd. There were multiple times in public I get nasty looks bc my son is behaving a certain way. I was called a bad mom in a public park once bc he was throwing a violent fit and I couldn’t physically handle him.
You are not alone. Stay strong this will pass.

3 Likes

My kid has PTSD and odd if you want to talk i know it’s not much but i know how hard it is with a little one having those.

Contact Job and Family services. Ask if you can apply for their child care service’s so you have time to go to the doctor, dentists and study. Also go to a counselor for your depression. Don’t give up.

3 Likes

Hang in there momma. You can do this. You are a warrior and you will find a way. What I do when I am down and I feel like all odds are stacked against me, I listen to some powerful music. My latest life pump up song is https://youtu.be/XO3jRPome-M

You can do this. Take a deep breath and continue doing what you can do. Being single mom is hard but special at the time. I am proud of you trying to better yourself. Those two babies are blessed to have you. Great job mom.

2 Likes

Hang in there Miss straight A’s

1 Like

Try to talk to a social worker at your school. She may be able to find you some kind of relief. Your life seems very difficult to me and you do need some support. I found out too late that there are churches and other organizations that help single mothers so this is why I suggest it to you.

5 Likes

If the child has any recorded disabilties you can get respite care from agency. Call your ins. Taylor building helps young kids part days or full days if requested… parents as teachers with him having a disability you can get free daycare from state, there is an autism program if you message me i can find the name… they are help ful… knight of columbus is good the therapy place in arnold is a life saver… feel free to message me. Find a mom that understands what you are going through or a good listener.

4 Likes

You’re almost there you’ve just reached a rough patch but try to be strong because YOU ARE DOING IT. You are getting there.

6 Likes

Being a single mom is hard enough without the troubles you are having.
Stay strong, it will all work out the way it’s meant to. You don’t have to be scared of other ppl opinions or feel apologetic, you have every right to be anywhere anyone else can be. Just do one day at a time and breathe. :heart:
If ppl are rude about your son, just look them in the eye and say he’s on the spectrum, sorry if it bothers you, but we also deserve to eat. Plain and simple Hopefully that person will think twice next time they don’t understand and not judge. praying thing get better

Check into public housing for you and the children. Also, let Social Security know about your son’s conditions.You should be able to get assistance for him. There may be some Respite Care service programs where you could bring him so that you could get a break during the day. Try Googling them in your area
Hang in there!

3 Likes

God has finally answered my prayer of meeting a trustworthy account manager. And this has took away all my pains and debts. I can’t express my sincere gratitude. God will continue to bless Mrs Lisa jennifer for helping a lot of people financially through this online trade. Pls Brothers & Sister If you’re facing challenges in trading/investment. Kindly contact Mrs Lisa jennifer down here :point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

There are times In Life when you embrace fear I have stopped listening to people words first I doubted but she surprised me,I’ve been earning money without issues or stories. You too can earn contact her for investment

1 Like

I sincerely in Bitcoin and forex trading with Mrs Lisa jennifer with a minimum capital I have earn enough profits within 5days and I have full control over my capital I highly recommend Mrs Lisa in trading aspect

1 Like

I’ve been there. We struggled so hard. I had anxiety and depression keeping me up all night. I had to keep telling myself it won’t be like this forever. I sacrificed so much for my kids and I regret nothing. You’re going to come out of this. You’re going to defy the odds. You can handle anything. Cry, scream, let it out. And then keep on keeping on. Single mamas don’t have a choice. We are strong and our love is the fuel. I never imagined I’d be where I am today. But I did it. I made it. We are thriving and then some and you will too. Please message me. Maybe I can help. I’ve got your back mama. You can do this. :heart:

1 Like

Have you applied for support??? There are agencies that are supposed to help !!! P.S. try asking a librarian… they know a lot !! It’s a start. Best of luck

1 Like

Please look for help with in the community. Most communities have respite daycares for special needs children. Involve yourself with community mental health centers who may direct you to such help and may even have respite assistance for your children. You may also ask the public school system who can point you in the right direction. Seek therapy for yourself as well. Good luck❣️

2 Likes

Yes many moms and dads do it alone. With that being said. No one should be shamed for needing a break. You definitely have your hands full. You may want to look in your area for resources. Such as support systems for children with autism. Where you can speak with others who share your struggles. Also check with local job and family services for assistance with dental care in your area. You must take care of yourself. Your mental and physical health. They may also have resources available for child care. So you can have some study and school time. Best wishes. Much peace and love ☆

Just cause your single parent doesn’t mean crap we all need help from time to time. I hate when people say well your a parent you should put your kids first. Sometimes we need to put ourselves first so we can be better parents for our babies. I’m a single mama too girl. I get where you are coming from. You are doing a great job with what you have going on in your life. Depression is a hell of a thing to go through while trying to raise your babies but it’s not like we can control it. I hope everything gets better for you

3 Likes

You are doing ALL the right things. Its ALOT. There is HELP out there. Lots of moms posting where to get help. YOU got this. One Minute at a time! Good Luck, it will ALL WORK OUT!!:heart::pray::boom::+1:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, people still complain from joblessness and poverty as a result of ignorance and fear to take risks

Do you know trading crypto can earn you millions of dollars from the comfort of your home anywhere across the world without you stressing yourself??

DM the trader who changed my financial status and change yours now​:point_down:t5::point_down:t5::point_down:t5:

Find any organization that can help you! You can do this God has your back ! Maybe get to a church and see if the pastor can help you find these organizations. :pray:

1 Like

Girl… If you was local or knew who you was I’d talk to you. Not treat you like your so called friend… That’s f’d up… I’m blunt but not disrespectful… Wish you luck boo

1 Like

Life is stressful, going through trials now as well. Stay strong look to God and if you need to vent pm me

Everytime anyone tells you anything just remember your a strong woman and most couldn’t walk in your shoes. And trust me I know I’m a single mom of two one just turned 6 the other is 3. It is not easy at all I get no help at all no support from anyone and no breaks. My daughter started kindergarten this year and ima put my son in preschool. Bc like you I haven’t seen a dentist or even had doctor appointment like I should in years I put my self last and always will for my kids. Maybe try putting your little one in preschool or headstart and you could get a break during the day and time for yourself/ appointments you need.

I’m a single mother and going through a really hard time myself. My anxiety is insane I feel like I’m failing at everything even though I’m trying so freakin hard. Being a single mother is hard enough as it is, I have no support either, then add the tough times onto that- it is hard!! You are not alone :heart:

Put your faith in God

Single mom here in the same boat as you with no support and always gets burned out from taking care of 4 boys all the time. During the summer I enroll my kids into as many vacation Bible schools possible to get a few hours to relax and recharge. During the rest of the year I look for parent day out events. Best bet would be to look for them on Facebook. Also I recommend looking into therapy for yourself. My therapist doesn’t judge me and actively helps me to find programs/events that will help me. There is a program where they will pick up your kids for a few hours and take them to a park or something so you can have time to relax. They can also help you find possible dentists to help with your teeth. We have something that comes like twice a year or so that is a free medical/dental clinic called Ram or something.

I got my girlfriend back with the help of Dr Achio, if your trying to get your ex lover back contact Dr Achio
Here
:point_down::point_down:
Dr. A Achio

You are doing amazing!! Try not to let people bring you down.

Keep going you doing great :muscle:t4:

You are awesome. There are probably some community services that are available. You can do this.

Find a place or group that is a safe place.