How to properly wash a carseat?

How in the world do you guys wash car seats? without ruining the entire thing and making it unsafe???

6 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to properly wash a carseat?

All padding sould be removable and machine washable
Wipe down everything else with Clorox wipes

1 Like

The padding is removable. In the book that comes with it, it should explain how.

I watched a YouTube video how to take it apart and put it back together after washing it

It should all be removable, just wash it in a cold wash and hang it up to dry

Read your manual and follow the directions. If you don’t have it or you’re a visual learner, look up how to clean your specific car seat on YouTube and make sure it’s coming from a reliable source.

The seat covers come off…wash in a mesh bag.
Spray and wipe the plastic. Reassemble per the manual

1 Like

I just looked up my car seats on YouTube and did it that way… usually it’s wash all padding(removable) and wipe down rest with Clorox wipes or so on.

1 Like

Best advice is to read your manual. If you don’t have it, you can easily Google it. Most carseats padding are machine washable, but some are handwash only and i think there may be a couple that can only be spot cleaned with mild soap?. Always use a mild soap with no additives. Original tide is what I use (no added oxy or downy, etc). Hang dry unless manual explicitly says can be dried on low. Straps and all other plastics can be wiped down with a damp cloth and mild soap or baby wipes (blue dawn is recommended alot). Do not spray down seat, use lysol, clorox wipes, vinegar, bleach, peroxide, baking soda, or any other similar cleaners.

1 Like

Not sure if right but I found it so much easier to hose off in my driveway on a warm day… or in my shower with a hand held shower nozzle. I just wet, scrubbed with dish soap… rinced well used an old towel to squeeze excess water out and put in a warm spot till it dried. I remember putting it upside down on my drying rack when I hosed it off… it was a very warm day… it gets super heated in the car so… figured it was fine…

Read the manufacturer’s manual it will tell you how to safely clean your carseat as every car seat is different some say hand wash only some say cold machine wash all depends on your carseat

2 Likes

You read the manual and follow the instructions

2 Likes

Your seat should have tags/directions along with the expiration dates, etc. Safety manual washing instructions. If you have issues putting it back together or questions on safety your local fire department will have info (They do classes making sure kids are in proper sized seats and installed properly :wink:

1 Like

i am earning every day more than $ 500 from home by work online. Yesterday i got my 4th payment of $ 13140. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 14597 a month doing this and she convinced me to try

info Here >>> https://NethomeJob11.pages.dev/

You follow the manual. Each seat/brand/model is different. Read the manual that came with your seat. No harsh chemicals (oxiclean, stain fighters, etc) if it allows for mild detergent. No vinegar, no clorox or lysol on the plastic, damp (totally wrang out) washcloth and a drop of dawn are fine on the shell.

1 Like

Read the manual!
The fabric will also have instructions.
I wipe down the straps with a wet clothe, same with the seat itself.

1 Like

You have to read the manual because if it’s not how the manual says it can ruin the integrity of your car seat. Not worth buying these $300 seats just to have them ruin in one wash!

I was having issues washing my car seat so I contacted my car seat manufacturer through an online chat and they helped me very quickly.

1 Like

i am earning every day more than $ 500 from home by work online. Yesterday i got my 4th payment of $ 13140. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 14597 a month doing this and she convinced me to try

info Here >>> https://NethomeJob41.pages.dev/

Read your manual! I just washed my graco extend to fit this week!

My cover was machine washable, I had to hand wash the harness with light soaper water! It came out looking brand new!

2 Likes

All the car seats I have ever had, the padding was removable. If it isn’t, I would read tags or manual. If you don’t have it, because Lord knows I lost them pretty quick, they should be on the internet.

We washed the padding and wiped down all the plastics with hot soapy vinegar water.

The cloth should be removable. I know mine is. Her infant car seat never needed washing so :woman_shrugging:t2:

Follow the instructions in the manual. Most only allow wiping with a damp cloth or mild soap so you could probably take a baby wipe or a damp wash cloth with baby soap on it to wipe the dirty spots. Don’t use harsh soaps like Clorox wipes or tide in your washing machine unless the manual allows it because it could ruin the seat or those chemicals can break down the fibers making the seat unsafe to use.

2 Likes

Follow the instructions for your brand.
Mine is easy. I just take the padding off, wash it in the washing machine and dry it on low heat. Then I just wipe the plastic down with Disinfectant spray or Wipes.

3 Likes

Read the manual and read the tags attached to the car seat

Take the fabric off and run it through the washer. Just remember how you took it off :rofl:

You need to follow the manuals instructions

Read your manual. It will tell you.

Follow instructions.
I used to take mine all apart n wash the cloth. Dry it. And put it all back together

1 Like

I usually take it apart and throw it in the washer, then let it air dry

Follow the instructions, if you dont have them I’m sure you can find them online or message the brand for them.

Take out the cover, wash in a gentle laundry detergent, then hang to dry (do not use a dryer). Then the shell can be wiped down with baby wipes. I vacuum out crumbs as well.

1 Like

I just take the entire cover off and put it in the wash. Just follow the washing directions. I always let it air dry rather than putting it in the dryer

You’re supposed to wash them?

The cover should be washable