How to handle cabin fever?

How do I handle going stir crazy?

Please post I have cabin fever, and I’m going crazy. So, mamas:
I have a three-month-old and my husband WILL NOT let me take her on walks outside. First, it was because she was too young. Then we got the OK from the pediatrician. Then it was too hot so I couldn’t. I didn’t want her to be miserable. I asked him about all 3 of us going on a walk together and now he says it’s flu season so we cant. Then i asked ok what about when it’s a little colder so it kills off the virus? He said then she can get a cold. Basically he has an excuse for every season. I’m at home inside ALL DAY EVERY DAY. I’m not asking to take her to a store or a friggin concert or anywhere where there will be a lot of people. I literally just wanna walk down the street with her. His opinion matters but so does my sanity! Advice?

90 Likes

that’s crazy, no advice but i don’t understand :sob: he sounds a little controlling. good luck mama :yellow_heart:

8 Likes

Uhh… you’re the mom. Why do you need his permission to take your baby for a damn walk?

Mama, this isn’t healthy for you or for baby! My son is almost 7 months old and it was around the 3 month mark that I, too, began to get stir crazy. Her dad needs to understand that you’re human, you’re not meant to be cooped up inside forever! It’s scary at first to get out and about but so worth it. I personally joined a local Fit4Mom group and it saved my sanity. Sending you good vibes and hoping your situation gets better soon!

3 Likes

I’m sorry but that’s your child too! Stop being so submissive. Stand up for yourself and make decisions too!! But in the bitterly cold winters here I crochet to keep from getting cabin fever when it’s actually too dangerous to take my kids out.

5 Likes

You can totally take your baby outside!! That’s just rediculous he has so many excuses. The fresh air and sunshine is good for baby. Just keep an eye on he go back inside if it gets too hot. If it’s cold, bundle baby up. There is no reason to keep her inside all the time. Sounds like hes scared something will happen to her? Idk but I would ignore him and go anyway.

Ask you pediatrician I’m sure he’ll tell your husband its ifne

1 Like

Pop her in a stroller and go for a walk. ffs - why are you asking permission from anyone to go outside with your baby? 3 months? That’s ridiculous! I stopped at Walmart on the way home from the hospital with my newborn.

13 Likes

That sounds very unhealthy. I would take baby out anyway. Maybe wait till he’s at work. Babies need sunlight and vitamin d just like other humans. This needs to be nipped in the bud or this child will live a very isolated life. What’s he going to do when it’s time for baby to go to school? They have colds and flu there too.

5 Likes

So go for a walk. What your husband doesn’t know wont hurt.

1 Like

Yes sounds controlling. If you feel it’s OK to take 3 month old outside go for it! I’d put a bonnet on baby for shade and cover ears

2 Likes

Take a walk in the morning. Is hubby there all day w her :woman_shrugging: no. So make time and go for a walk if you need fresh air. Baby Wil be fine I under stand maybe the first month but at 3 months shell be fine. I understand telling your hubby things but there’s no reason you can’t go outside FOR A WALK

3 Likes

Why are you letting him tell you what to do??

9 Likes

We went shopping with a 1 day old… we needed food. You need fresh air take baby outside tell him to shut his face

3 Likes

Ignore him and go for a fricken walk

3 Likes

You can’t do it when he’s at work?

1 Like

I can understand a very very newborn, but at 3 months old she should get outside. Sunshine is good for you (no matter what people wanna say nowadays lol :smirk:) and fresh air…if he works id take her on walks while hes gone. I understand your need to take how he feels into account, but honestly, its not good for anyone to be stuck inside all day everyday :cry:

4 Likes

Don’t forget that’s your baby too. Kids need time outside just like we do. Stop asking if you can and just do it mama. Y’all won’t see eye to eye on everything. And you can’t protect baby from getting sick from literally everything. That’s part of how an immune system is built. Go for a walk.

1 Like

She’s going to be sick all the time if she’s never exposed to anything to build up antibodies to fight anything!! I’d tell my husband to kiss my arse and then go to Target!! Good luck, he sounds like a delight!

Go for a walk. I promise, your child will be ok

Leave the house!!! Hes being a d bag. GO. we stopped and ate on the way home from the hospital and then 3 days later went black Friday shopping…

1 Like

He’s controlling as hell… your home all day, what’s he gonna do leave you if you take the baby for a walk? Go for a walk… happy mom happy home. If He’s dressed properly and all that jazz he’ll be fine. I’m just gonna say it, most (and i say most bc there are little ones who are fragile due to other health issues) babies are not made of glass. Being outside in the fresh air will only benefit you both. He can’t stop you from walking down the street and back… he can object all he wants but YOUR the one home all day not him. I’d have a fit if i was told I’m not allowed outside. I was taking my son for walks at a month old and he was born in oct…

7 Likes

Why are u letting your husband fully 100% determine what could be good for u and your daughter? Especially when it’s something so simple? I get that yall are a team but there are just some things that arent neccessary to have to have his full permission to do. You’re grown and you’re the mama… it’s okay to decide for yourself to take your daughter on a walk!

5 Likes

Take a walk if you want to! Go while he is a work if its that much of an issue.

Get outside with that baby. He sounds like he is controlling you. Kids need to be out in order to get germs to fight them off. It’s doing more harm then good keeping that baby cooped up!!!

2 Likes

That baby needs the outside as well as you do. Not just for sanity but health wise too

1 Like

Take that baby outside ! I have a day care for 20 + years and all 80 of my kids were out at 3 months ! Sounds to.me like he might just be lazy… Sunshine, Vitamin D, fresh air… At least sit out side with the child…

Shoot I had to go to Walmart the day after I gave birth cause I literally produced NOTHING. So we had to get formula. Lol and she would go with us once a week from that point on. She didn’t get sick until she was around a year old

1 Like

You need sunshine and so does your baby. She’s not going to catch a cold from going outside and very likely not going to catch the flu from being outside … by the way it’s not flu season. Stop letting him control you and go for a walk!!

Vitamin D is important to you and her

Your the momma don’t him control you like that.

1 Like

Your poor little one :frowning: & poor you, that’s some intense controlling issues he has. Take your child for a walk anytime you think it’s ok. You are capable of using common sense :slight_smile:

1 Like

Um…unless hes there with you all day, you can go when hes gone. Cold weather doesn’t give you a cold. Your husband sounds like a controlling lunatic. I’d be more worried about that!! He clearly has no idea what hes doing. Have him call the dr and ask if hes so worried. I got a feeling your marriage wont last much longer like this.

2 Likes

Listen you birth that baby you take her outside you can’t keep her in a bubble this is how babies and kids build up their immunity. I’m not saying stay outside all day but a few walks around the block won’t harm anyone .

1 Like

Sounds like a protective dad i see mom says the same about leaving the house

That’s bizarre… why are you asking him if you can take your child for a walk? I had my kids out grocery shopping, at corn mazes, pumpkin patches, the children’s museum… everywhere… and anywhere I needed to be before they were even a month. (I also have other children) you should bring him with to a well child visit and let the doctor explain how keeping your child confined to their home can actually do more harm then good! They need to come into contact with the outside world to build up their immune system. My son is 3and has been sick twice his entire life for like 2days each time. Your baby will be just fine. Fresh air is good for you and your child.

3 Likes

Your child needs fresh air ,if he is uncomfortable tell him to talk to your pediatrician but I promise you the dr will say take that baby outside

4 Likes

put your shoes on and put your shoes on and go for a put your shoes on and go for a walk

Go on a walk does he tell you when to change your underwear good greif

1 Like

My youngest daughter was born may 4th of 2016… I have 5 older girls who range from 17 down to 9. We had to be outside sometimes for things for them. She was outside and in public with me from a week old and on. All my girls were! It’s not good to hibernate them too much either

That is your child too and you get to make decisions. Why do you have to ask permission? You are mama and you birth that baby. You cannot stay inside the house all the time. Take that baby for a walk and get out of the house. Go outside mama and get some fresh air.

3 Likes

Let’s not forget you are the parent as well and you know what is best for you and your baby. He could stay home with the baby while you get some much needed free “me” time.

3 Likes

OMG…how will her immune system ever kick in…she needs fresh air and stimulation as do you…this is not healthy…get out n about ASAP…this is not normal…:grimacing:

2 Likes

Don’t be in a marriage where the husband controls you.

1 Like

Flu season is until May. The cold doesn’t kill off that virus. If you wanna go for a walk go for one. Just don’t let anyone touch,hold or kiss on your baby without their hands washed. Kisses are a no no at anytime, herpes(cold sore) can kill little ones.

1 Like

Go for the walk. He’s gonna keep her inside for so long that the first time she’s out, bam…sick as a dog.

You go for that walk bro.
Seriously, your child does need fresh air and sunlight.
We took my son out before we even got home from the hospital.
His dads work, tacobell, target and Walmart. Shell be fine.

2 Likes

Does he tell u what to wear or eat also!? IT YOUR BABY TOO !!! Do whatever u want to with her. That’s very controlling and I would be done with that relationship.

1 Like

He’s just using the baby as an excuse to keep you from doing anything. Nip it now or you’ll always feel trapped.

4 Likes

Fresh air is great for babies. If she’s had her immunizations, I’d definitely get her out for walks.

3 Likes

You having his child doesn’t make him God :roll_eyes:. I’m sure he’s worried with being a new parent, but I’m also sure that you know what’s best for you and your child and wouldn’t do anything to put her in danger. Take you and your baby out, reasonably. Keep your sanity.

1 Like

Um, tell him the baby NEEDS fresh are and SUNSHINE! frikken idiot

He needs to get counseling or that child will never have friends

He sounds scared. Maybe ask your pediatrician to help reassure him that the baby needs sunshine and fresh air. Its actually pretty important for her.

She’s not going to get sick going around the block :joy:

2 Likes

Go for the damn walk… it’ll better her immune system… if she stays inside all the time she has a better chance of getting sick than if she was outside… bundle her up well and go out

Why are you asking He’s not your Father

6 Likes

Jesus, does he know how hot it is inside a person’s body?

I’d take that baby on a permanent walk. Dad sounds like a controlling psycho!

13 Likes

My boys were going outside from birth. Single mom here, they went everywhere I did. They are now in their 20’s and hardly ever get sick. I’m 100% positive it was due to building a strong immune system when they were little. My little girl is now 3 and also went outside a lot. Still does. There are weather appropriate clothes for babies for a reason. :grinning:

3 Likes

Seriously tell him to bite you . Go enjoy girl ! At 3 months my baby already been to the mall. Dont stress

1 Like

Sounds like he is trying to control you. You have to get out. I have a 16 month old and a month old baby and I go on walks. I definitely don’t ask if I can leave the house- I let him know I’m leaving, but I don’t need permission to take my kids out. You need to take a good look at your relationship, because he wants you to be cooped up all the time and that’s not good for you and baby. I definitely don’t get out like I used to, because it’s much harder with two of them, but I’m not going to sit back and lose my sanity and let my littles suffer.

1 Like

Hun if he ain’t home… put the baby in a front carrier where the baby is facing you and go for a walk… he can’t put the baby in a bubble it doesn’t work that way… you and baby need fresh air sometimes and taking the baby out with not get the baby sick, unless baby comes in contact with a sick person, just breathing air will not make baby sick…

5 Likes

Fresh air is so good for babies. As far as I know (clearly not a dr lol) the flu isn’t airborne? Just ask people to keep their kisses away and to wash their hands before touching the baby.

1 Like

You shouldnt have to ask for permission

2 Likes

I can’t get past the “he won’t LET me” comment.

6 Likes

How would he even know?

He’s starting to be controlling. Me personally, I don’t nor have I ever asked my husband if I could take our kids for a walk, to the store, etc. The day I have to ask to do something with them, especially take them for a walk, is the day I become single. If you want to take her for a walk then take her for a walk.

7 Likes

GO FOR A DAMN WALK!! He can’t control you like that just go

My son has been going outside for a little bit at a time since he was 1 month old. It’s good for them. He sounds like he might have some type of phobia either that or he is just controlling of what you do

1 Like

He sounds like he might have anxiety about anything happening to the baby. Talk to him about it n maybe have ur ped talk to him n tell him how good it is for fresh air

4 Likes

… He doesnt LET you?

5 Likes

Get you & baby dressed for the weather & goooo ! You probably won’t be going back tho ! You’re gonna LOVE the freedom , the smell of flowers & grass, seeing people, parks with other moms just to chat …do it !:heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Just do it? He cannot physically stop you. Stop waiting to be told you can do something

3 Likes

Take her for a walk! You are an adult and her mom. He is not your parent or your boss. If you are the one staying home with her then you need to be the one making these decisions, not him. And you SHOULD be able to also take her to the store if you want to go to the store! My son was born in January and I took him with me grocery shopping when he was two weeks old. And guess what! He survived! He is now 3.5 years old and has never been on an antibiotic or even had an ear infection. Your child is never going to develop an immune system if she never leaves the house.

And I’m sorry to be harsh but you should really re-evaluate your marriage. He doesn’t sound protective, he sounds ridiculously controlling and I can almost bet this isn’t the only thing he’s controlling over.

3 Likes

Does he work? If so cannt you take her when hes at work and just not tell him. Dont lie but dont tell either.

1 Like

Its your baby too. Plus being outside will allow her to get Vitamin D and could help build her immune system. Go out while he is at work. You have every right to take that baby where you want.

6 Likes

I had mine out at 6 days old she 3 now had had one cold and one stomach bug

3 Likes

Doesn’t let you? Okay are you 12.

11 Likes

Can you talk to her doctor and ask him if he has any issue with it? Maybe take your husband with you to this apt? (I just bet the doctor will agree with you that the sunshine and fresh air will be good for you both.) My son was born in July and we walked very single day to a near by park with my book, water and the stroller. We would sit for an hour or more in a shady protected (from the wind) area on a park bench I would nurse him there, read and just listen to the birds and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air. This was the highlight of my day and a memory I will always cherish. Get your doctor or nurse on your side for this one. .

3 Likes

He is not your owner. Both of yous need to grow up a little.You better get your rights established now or you will have a miserable life.

3 Likes

Take her while hes at work how would he know. That baby needs sunshine and fresh air.

2 Likes

Leave the baby with him and go get a coffee by yourself

2 Likes

I mean don’t expose her to crowds but y’all can’t be afraid of every little germ. She’s got to build up an immune system somehow. Walking down the street isn’t going to expose her to illness :roll_eyes: Not anymore than being in the house will. Don’t even ask, just take her outside if you want to.

3 Likes

Go for your walk!! Getting outside is good for you and baby’s health! Not to mention, babies need to build their immune system!

2 Likes

The best way to build up a baby’s immune system is being outside. And he shouldn’t be controlling you at all let alone by telling you you can’t go the fuck outside for a walk

I would use my own judgement. If I wanted to take a walk with my infant then I would. You control your own actions. Fresh air sunlight is good for everybody. You are the mother and I’m sure you won’t put your child in undue danger. Don’t let anyone control you!!

3 Likes

Do you need permission to take a shit too?

You don’t have to ask his permission. He don’t know what it’s like. If I wanna take my daughter out, I take her out. Chances of getting sick are slim. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve always worn the pants with my children so I have no idea what to say. Sounds too controlling for me

2 Likes

Um why does his opinion matter? Does he go outside? Does he ask your permission? He’s your husband not your father . Stop letting him treat you like a child

3 Likes

Just go? I walk my oldest to school, so my 1 month old comes. Her first store trip she waa literally 2 days old. Because life doesnt stop just because theres a baby. Getting fresh air is good for both of you. If its cold dress the baby warmer, if its hot dress for that. Heck i even have a raincover so i can take her out if its raining to walk my son to school. He sounds kind of unreasonable and controlling. Just take the baby for a walk!

3 Likes

What is his problem? There is some underlying unreasonable fear there & all the rest is just an excuse. I’m worried you are in an abusive relationship. Y’all need some counseling and you need to do something to save/have your own money in case you need to escape at some point.

4 Likes

I’d tell my husband to pound sand, I’m going for a walk.

3 Likes

You have got to be kidding!! The child needs to go outside. You are an adult. Why are you asking your husband to go outside with you if you know he will not approve.Get that child. Dress him for the weather and take him outside.

1 Like

Girl if you don’t take that baby out and have some fun

Asking permission was the first mistake. I’d just let him know we are going for a walk and that’s it I’ve been a stay at home mom for two years now and staying home all day everyday drives you insane.

2 Likes

This is insane. Won’t let you? This page kills me sometimes

2 Likes

Oh hell no. He’s not in charge. Go for a walk, go sit outside…I don’t imagine you will be seeking out things that will harm your baby. I have had all 5 of my children out and about since birth. Stores (as soon as a stop on the way home from the hospital), birthday party (3 days old), walks (3 days old), hog roast at the Harley dealer (4 days old), Mayo for another child’s appointment with lunch at a pub and a stop at Target (5 days old, 2 hour car ride each way)…I think you get it. You need to get out of your house once in a while. Don’t let him control you.

Does he know that by exposing her to more things does build up their immune system, you can’t keep a baby in a bubble!!!

4 Likes