How to get the smell of urine out of furniture?

How do you get pee smells out of couches, beds, rugs pretty much everything?! I’m at my wits end my 2 yr old will rip off his diaper and pee anywhere and anywhere. My 5 yr old rarely but sometimes has accidents in the bed and we live in a pretty small apartment so it’s starting to REEK of urine. My dog is the only decent one that goes outside :joy:… I’ve tried swiffer, vacuuming with baking soda, pine sol, Urine smell/stain remover sprays, glade air fresheners. I can still smell it. I definitely can’t afford a new bed and couch right now… any ideas?? Thanks!

76 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to get the smell of urine out of furniture? - Mamas Uncut

I use dawn dish soap and bleach water, and scrub the spot by hand.

1 Like

Baking soda, peroxide and dawn dish soap helped in a bowl and a scrub brush. And then air dried and sprayed scentsy fresh on it ( it’s like febreeze. :+1: it worked.

1 Like

Have you tried a shampooer? Or even Walmart has the rug doctor thing you can rent. Surely that should work or at least help some.

Odor Ban works great

Water/vinegar mixed spray it on them clean it

5 Likes

I used white vinegar to scrub carpets and stuff that wouldnt fit in the washer nad dryer and it took the smell right out

I use odorban
Do you have a carpet shampooer with the attachment I would dilute some odorban with some water and some drops of dawn dish soap and shampoo what you can.

Baking soda on it asap

My 3 year old does this!! Try pull-ups (mine will still take it off but less often than the diapers because the tabs bothered him). Can you hire a professional carpet cleaner to come in and do the couch? You can also use a carpet cleaner on your bed, I have many times. Buy mattress protectors and a water proof protector for your couch!! This helped me

You may have to look.into getting them professionally shampooed and cleaned.
The buy waterproof mattress covers for your mattress and lounges

1 Like

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/17407238159474596091?q=pet+enzyme+cleaner+nature's+miracle&client=ms-android-tmus-us-revc&biw=412&bih=767&tbs=vw:l&sxsrf=ALiCzsal6Mwr16lzQlTd9odfrZkgCBfA-g:1654408147162&prds=eto:3290681835664398880_0,cdl:1,local:1,prmr:2,rsk:PC_9951103095620690685,cs:1

2 Likes

Mom of 3 boys, 2 dogs and several other animals…get a spot bot. Hot water and pet cleaner. Shampoo it really well, like go over spots 3 or 4 times. Let dry overnight.
My couches looking smell brand new

1 Like

Sorry, last bit had me creased

Anything enzyme for pet urine works great for human animals… mine did the same thing during potty training

You don’t. That’s your life now. Godspeed.

1 Like

Vinegar either kind I’ve used both before. And then borax with a little dawn dish soap :soap:

2 Likes

Rent a Rug Doctor with the upholstery attachments.

Vinegar for anything you can put in the washer

1 Like

Spray it with vinegar, pile baking soda on top, sometimes I put a towel on top of that and once its completely dry, vacuum it up. Good as new

2 Likes

Get them cleaned professionally. I have waterproof mattress covers on all beds. That helped a lot when my kids were little. Maybe give rewards for going potty and eventually he will get it.

1 Like

Gillette foamy shaving cream.

1. blot up the mess, dont rub
  2. lay baking soda on it
  3. blast it with a vinegar and water solution (if not you may end up damaging the fabric)
  4. wipe it down and spray again until the reaction stops
  5. allow to dry and lightly cover it with powder laundry soap then vacuum it up after like 10 min
1 Like

Rug doctor it. Its comes with upholstery attachments. U just have to buy the liquid to clean it.

OdoBan!!! I have worked in nursing facility and adult foster centers… This stuff works wonders. You can get it at Walmart. This is it.

Vinegar/water in a spray bottle, in the washer, when you mop, etc. The vinegar smell goes away but it immediately kills the ammonia smell from the urine

1 Like

Odorban . Activated charcoal in powder form . Or just spray it with natural oils that you can dilute with water . I put baking soda on mine leave it on over night.

when it’s still damp, cover in baking soda, there are scented carpet baking sodas too that are marketed for pet odors, cover the spot in a pile of that, find something to cover it with, cardboard, plastic lid something you can throw away, and put a “lid” on it and let it sit overnight. Vacuum it up completely and then use a carpet FOAM, i prefer, 405 carpet foam, Resolve is okay too but 405 is better, and there is a Gain one too that smells so good, apply that foam let it sit for a a few minutes and then vacuum it, yes while it’s still slightly damp from the foam, going slowly back and forth over the spot until it’s worked into the carpet let that dry and you’ll be good. Definitely clean out your vac after this process too!

1 Like

Vinegar, baking soda, and i use blue dawn dish soap. You can throw some borax or oxy in the mix to scrub for stains also!

2 Likes

I have an upholstery cleaning machine that does the job. I use OdoBan as the solution.

I would not have nice stuff just thrift sofas until this stops

1 Like

Get a spray bottle with 1/2 water 1/2 hydrogen peroxide & a few drops of dish soap. You can add in lavender oil for the smell. It dissolves the pee my daughter peed on my matteress & I Doused it in the spray & left it came back later & the whole stain was dissolved

2 Likes

Shaving cream & waterproof mattress cover!

2 Likes

You’ll need to have them cleaned or use a brytex but theres special shampoos and sprays you can get that break down the enzymes. Anything perfumed will only mask the smell momentarily. Get some cheap waterproof mattress protectors and pop them on the couch then a throw over the top to make it pretty lol until little one is using the potty. Toddlers are a handful lol good luck

3 Likes

I had my husband pressure wash the furniture and I just let it sit outside to dry​:rofl::sob::sob:

1 Like

Use white vinegar. That’s what we use to use to get cat urine smell out of stuff before the males got in to get fixed! There’s also a ton of pet enzyme cleaners for pet urine in the carpet scrubber isles usually!

3 Likes

They called drynites at woolies and coles the go under the sheet and protect you lounge mattresses :heart:

Clean it with one of these ideas tell smell is gone then get mattress protector waterproof and same for couch tell they stop.

There’s a spray called pet and kids. It’s wonderful

1 Like

Clean it with Odoban disinfectant . It is great!

3 Likes

I’d buy/rent a deep cleaning machine and get mattress covers for all the beds.

Hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dawn dish soap worked for me when mine were little and would have an accident.

1 Like

Put a couple of portable potties around your apartment and be more aware of when your toddler needs to pee.

2 Likes

Put waterproof mattress cover and couch cover to fix those issues. Especially if getting a new one. Put a onsie on backwards or pjs for your 2 year old unless you’re watching them. Take them directly to the bathroom. Where you can mop up a mess if you see the diaper coming off. Get it professionally clean once then do all this.

3 Likes

Have you ever heard of Melaeuca? They have this stuff called
Sol-U-Mel.

My cousin moved into a house that the previous renter had dogs that had 2 litters of puppies, and she kept them all in the carpeted back room. On a hot day, you could smell it through out the entire house. She rented a steam cleaner for it, and used the Rug Doctor stuff, then she went back and did it again with the Melaeuca, and it was so fresh.

1 Like

A spray with 1 part vinegar to two parts water. And added essential oil of your choice should get it.

I dont know about how to get rid of the smell but put his nappy on back to front so he can’t pull off thr tabs

3 Likes

THIS!!! I swore by this with my son. The good news is you can now buy it from Amazon. A little goes a long way. Thank me later! :wink:

Congratulations :confetti_ball::balloon::champagne: Mallery

Vinegar will help take the urine stains out of clothing and carpets… furniture too. And your house will smell like salad!

1 Like

Duck tape that babies diaper on :heart: worked for me I have twins who tried doing that 1 time and that was it hey I’m not ashamed my mom had to do it for me I’m 35 :rofl:

4 Likes

Vinegar, Dawn dish soap and alcohol mixed with water. Clean your house and spray mattress.

1 Like

In the UK we use shaving foam to clean stains and things. Spray it on and rub it in with a cloth let it dry and hoover off

2 Likes

Get a washable waterproof mattress cover and put pants on top of nappy so can’t get the nappy off and pee anywhere

mix bleach and water in a spray bottle…Spray on the spot and leave the door and window open for the day

Urine gone. You can buy it at Walmart. The literal best stuff I have ever found

Check the vents & you boxes :joy::skull_and_crossbones:

Carpet cleaner with furniture attachment works just fine for getting it out of mattresses and couches.

1 Like

l get paid over $157 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18396 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingincome257.pages.dev/

Potty train him he is showing all the signs

3 Likes

There’s this product that’s for animal urine we get from the pet shop but you can get it in amazon as well. Its called Wee Away. Its so good super strong smell but takes all the smell of urine out straight away. My asd boys used to wet the bed snd we used this for their mattresses it was a life saver. Always spray some fabric febreeze after to make it smell nicer as the spray has quite a strong chemical smell but defo better than wee lol x

Vinegar! It helps with all smells. I use it everytime I do a load of laundry. Done some research and in my opinion better for clothes, smells and washing machines then fabric softener! My niece somtimes wet the bed when she came over and before I started using protective covering and special night time underwear so she wouldn’t be able to pee on my bed /couch depending on where she fells asleep I tried it all and vinegar was the only thing that helped. She had a strong pee smell at times too so it did take a few washings on some things but eventually it came out !

When the kid takes his nappy off take him to the toilet… Paint nail polish on a ping pong ball and teach him to aim his pee at it… praise him up when he hits the pee ball… if he pees on your furniture snack his bum tell him that’s not okay. Teach him to go potty where the potty is…

To get the smell out use vinegar and lavender oil… Put furniture in the sun if possible and spray with mixed vinegar and lavender oil.

Vinegar! Lots of vinegar… as soon as little one pees on the floor spray them in the face :ok_hand:

9 Likes

Peroxide (test fabric first in an area where it won’t show.)

l get paid over $157 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18396 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingincome287.pages.dev/

Trading is extremely profitable when using the right channel with a good manager that has good techniques, today I’m earning huge amount worth of Crypto’s direct to my wallet with the minimum investment under a reliable legitimate trading platform. Interested members can also start making money from this platform too, just connect to her on how to get started with through her link :paperclips: below :arrow_double_down::point_down:

Hey a mattress protector and maybe even find something for the couch until this phase is over (as well as all of the other suggestions for smell)

2 Likes

Odoban helps a ton wash your laundry with detergent use vinegar as the fabric softener for the couch and bed I would spray odoban then spray vinegar and water mixture off and on a few days it should help after that just use odoban daily

1 Like

I use the Resolve carpet cleaner kit that comes with a long handled brush with a can of foaming spray you attach. They make a foam for pet urine and smells, and I have used it to clean up the carpet/couch/arm chair/mattress of urine from my kids at different points in their potty training. The key is to get to it when it’s still wet, I think. I use paper towels to soak up some of it, and then I use the Resolve pet urine foaming spray in the brush.

Vinegar and water, you can add a few drops of essential oils too

I must say Mrs Elizabeth James trading skill is awesome and highly effective. Her Investment platform is accuracy and she have the best signal for mining your investment hit her dm :point_down::-1: up

hello my friends stay at home and start making huge profit online i,m very very happy for joining this great platform is really really helpful this is an opportunity friend Don’t miss this real tested and trusted click on the name below and joined the company platform for more info and details

Hey👋 are you a newbie on cryptocurrency investment, do you want to trade without much loses? I highly recommend that you message MRS Elizabeth James, I make money trading with her, click on his name and ask to join…
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Investing in Cryptocurrency is quite challenging when you don’t know how to start, what to invest on and how to make profits on every of your investment. For better understanding you can contact

Shaving foam will neutralise the smell. My boys used to miss the toilet when they were small. I’d put it where needed, let it dry, vaccum then mop. No more smell.

Rubbing alcohol is a good deodorizer. Get a spray bottle and spray freely!

1 Like

Bissell steam cleaner.

Shaving foam will neutralise the smell. My boys used to miss the toilet when they were small. I’d put it where needed, let it dry, vaccum then mop. No more smell.

I have this BISSELL little green clean machine with heat and it’s like an extractor, it’s portable and super strong so it will take up just about stain or spill. Can confirm from personal experience that it works for pee/puke lol

1. He may be ready to potty train. 2. I tried everything including hiring professionals for urine and it just will never come out. Not if its been sitting.
1 Like

Shaving cream vinegar
Get a shampooer

Pet urine cleaner. Amazon. It’s called my pet peed. Pricey but works.

1 Like

Vodka diluted a bit in a spray bottle, use a cleaning brush with bristles and then use a towel to wipe. Not only does it clean and remove stains but odors too.

1 Like

This works its expensive but gets stains out also its at pet store…

2 Likes

Get some odoban. It works great.

1 Like

Zoflora disinfectant, it’s excellent and getting rid of odours, dilute in warm water and wash everything that smells. Maybe go over it twice to make sure. Good luck. :heart:

I make a paste of baking soda, peroxide and Dawn dish soap. Put paste on spot to be treated let dry either wipe with a wet cloth or vacuum up.

1 Like

Bissell carpet cleaner, urine remover solution, laong with urine spray. When it happens, spray right away. Also introduce your child to potty training. Sounds like they are ready!

2 Likes

DO plastic mattress cover n do same for couch buy twin size it should fit ACCROSS couch cushions also start potty training the 2 year old ASAP theres a PRODECT at LOWELS CALLED ZORBEX WORKS GREAT

Vinegar. When my son was younger, he would sleep walk and pee in his closet. He had been doing it a while before we realized. We were going to rip out the carpet but I told my husband to let me try vinegar first. I dumped a gallon of vinegar on the spot and let it sit with towels over the top of it until it dries. Then I shampooed it. No pee smell at all. I was amazed how well it worked. His bedroom did smell like a pickle for a few days but I just opened windows.

2 Likes

White distilled vinegar

Windex is a lifesaver for urine smell.

Rent a carpet shampoo machine with an upholstery attachment.

I mix vinegar and disinfecting febreeze, coat the wet area with it and then sprinkle baking soda over top, let it dry, vacuum up the baking soda and repeat if necessary!

Potty train the 2 year old. Sounds like he’s ready.

1 Like

If your couch has internal cushions you can pay to just replace the cushion. That’s usually where the smell comes from after it sinks in. That’s what I had to do. As for the rugs I would use baking soda and white vinegar. As for the bed, you can get really cheap kids mattresses from unclaimed freight furniture in Fargo. It might not be in your budget now but it would be something to think about. With my kiddo I bought a whole new mattress and constantly keep at least two protectors on it

1 Like

l get paid over $167 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18841 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingincome351.pages.dev/