How to get pregnant with PCOS?

Hi could you post this for me please. Does anybody have any advice/ recommendations on supplements or vitamins for help with conception? A family member of mine has PCOS and is struggling to conceive. She’s looked up a few different brands online, but I said I’d ask on here for her as some of you may be able to help through personal experience.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to get pregnant with PCOS? - Mamas Uncut

When I was younger I gearanted a bouncing babby boy. Or your money back. And. I never had to geve aney money back.

I have pcos I have since I was 17. I am now 36 and have conceived 2 babies. 6 years apart though. I had my daughter when I was 29 after trying fir 11 years. It took alot of hard work. I never used supplements or vitamins. Once I started it took me 2 years. I’m 36 now and I’m 38 weeks pregnant. This one was actually not planned. I’ve gotten pregnant both times from losing weight which isn’t the case for everyone.

2 Likes

My cousin lost weight and went on to have 2 kids.

I cant help with fertility medications etc. But i have dealt with pcos for 10+ years and had one son in 2015, was told i would never have children again. Was given depo shot!!! DO NOT do this, my new doctor basically said that alone could cause infertility. I finally (sadly) started to accept that i would have no more children, stopped stressing it. Went in for a check up and get more info on psoc hair growth and weight issues, found out I was 2 weeks pregnant! Just had my miracle boy a month ago. My advice, avoid medications, start a diet, and avoid stress as much as possible. Good luck, i know its hell

1 Like

Prenatal vitamins worked for my neice

I have done IUI’s, timed inter course with multiple fertility meds and injections with 1 pregnancy that I lost. I wish I knew.

I would recommend reading Laura Briden’s book The Period Repair Manual. She’s amazing, and you will find it very informative!

Start with prenatal for sure daily make sure they have iron.
Knowing if periods are regular, and when ovulating is nit always easy with pcos. If not having a regular cycle, getting that on track is priority 1 after starting vitamins, once a regular period there are meds you can get from a dr such as Medroxyprogesterone , knowing if you ovulate, there are meds that can be taken prescribed by Dr an example of one is letrezole that will hopefully induce ovulation ( period starts on own or after taking Medroxyprogesterone, days 3-7 letrezole is taken) sex days 11-17 (some drs give different time frames) ovulation should happen amongst those days, if it doesn’t work finding out if tubes are clear or if there is another possible issue like endometriosis causing the difficulty in getting pregnant… and knowing if the partner has good swimmers… just because someone has pcos doesn’t mean their body is the one with the ‘big’ problem causing pregnancy not to happen…

My girls are 13 yrs and 11 months apart. I conceived both while on my period.

I have pcos with 4 kids currently 20 weeks pregnant with number 5 first 3 it just happened over time 4th I lost weight and went on metformin took 2 years for her to be conceived this time took 3 years and nearly a 10kilo weight lost I did give up thinking it wouldn’t happen was still taking metformin but stopped 3 weeks before I found out I was pregnant again beat advice is keep healthy eat healthy no stress get metformin track your cycles just have fun don’t think about sex as just to fall pregnant seems it doesn’t work that way good luck

I was taking fish oil pills when I got pregnant

I’m 36 and was told I’d never have children so I gave up trying and fell pregnant naturally last year. My boy is 6 months old. I used Insoitol, Apple Cider Vinegar gummies and a sugar stabilizer. I have a really severe case of PCOS. One of the worst cases my GP has ever seen. When I was younger I was on 3 contraceptive pills to bring my period on and they never worked, I’ve had cysts removed, I’ve starved myself and exercised like a lunatic. I think the more you try and the more your in your head the less likely it will happen.

3 Likes

Relax and forget about it…then it’ll happen…

1 Like

I have had PCOS since early teens. I was told by drs that i wouldnt be able to conceive naturally. When I was 27 I started taking a product called “happy hormones” (you can Facebook them). I started taking these to deal with heavy menstural cycles and the pain that came with them (not trying to conceive). I fell pregnant within 3 weeks of meeting my now husband (while on contraception) and have had 5 pregnancies in the past 5 years - only 2 planned/not on contraception. I believe this was due to the happy hormones.

1 Like

I have PCOS, I started eating healthier, no sodas or juices & exercising daily, I lost 100lbs(I needed too, may not be your family members case) as I did those things to take care of My body, my hormones leveled out & my periods became regular, I got pregnant within 6 months & I wasn’t trying. I think the biggest factor is getting your hormones balanced.

Loosing weight helped me. I lost 140lbs and became pregnant on accident at 34 years old. I tried for years even adopted a son at 30. I lost the weight my periods regulated and I got the biggest surprise of my life :heart:

1 Like

I have pcos, and now have my rainbows. What helped me was taking myo d chiro and insotiol (helps regulate your cycle and bring on ovulation, helps egg quality and helps lose weight, some crappy pcos symptoms), a prenatal, and once I got a positive ovulation test, the day after I took b6 and baby aspirin( they help with implantation and preventing miscarriages) until i got my . Or until 14 weeks pregnant, it took me a 3 months after starting these supplements.

Talk to your gyno , they might refer you to an endocronologist. You really need to take care of what you eat,(leafy greens, fiber, fish like tuna, salmon etc)loose weight exercise. All these might help you regulate your period, ovulate and control your hormones. Don’t stress🥰 It can happen if you take care of yourself… I have 3🥰

Metformin !!! I couldn’t conceive for 10 years and my dr said are you sure you’re ready ?? Because you’re going to get pregnant really fast with this , I was hesitant and 30 days later pregnant !! Metformin is meant to treat diabetes but it has this cool side effect where it makes you ovulate like crazy ! Talk to your doctor of course but I’ve told so many people about this and soo many have been successful :raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3:

4 Likes

Also look up Drew Baird Fitness, he specializes in PCOS and insulin resistance his products are amazing. Go to your GP and ask to get a blood test for thyroid, hBA1c, testorone - all the hormonally stuff that may help if something is out etc. Has your partner had his sperm tested, this xan also be a contributing factor.

I have PCOS and I have a 10 year old and then I lost 2 babies from then and now but my Dr started me on progesterone and within 2 months I was pregnant currently 33 weeks with my little rainbow princess

1 Like

Pcos, 7 miscarriages, 40 years old…
First, get you an Endocrinologist! Cut out sugar and the bad carbs! If overweight eat low carb! Metformin or Insitol! Some women need both! Vitamin D! Metformin isn’t a cure all like some people are saying. I was on it 10+ years before I had a successful pregnancy. Metformin helps with your insulin and how our bodies break it down, which in turn helps our hormones. But remember PCOS is am endocrine disorder. It took me over 13 years to have a successful pregnancy! Every woman is different!

2 Likes

I took so many vitamins and meds. None worked. ultimately my fertility dr did my surgery where he went in and drilled holes in my ovaries and well that worked ive got 5 beautiful kids

I used preseed from Walmart and took prenatal vitamins with folic acid I have PCOS and only used preseed 4 times and got pregnant with my daughter good luck

I am with the Metformin ladies. I self diagnosed that PCOS was causing my difficulties getting pregnant. I talked to my OB GYN who agreed and started me on metformin. I was pregnant in less than a month!

3 Likes

Each person is different as cliche as it sounds. I got pregnant with my daughter after being told I wouldn’t be able to get pregnant without IVF. I took daily epsom salt baths with lavender. Took ashwaganda as soon as I woke up because that is when my cortisol is highest and it helped manage stress. Took cinnamon tablets with every meal as well as digestive enzymes to help break down fat, carbs and protein easier and the cinnamon helped with insulin resistance. I took serrapeptase to help clear and prevent cysts. And took a prenatal vitamin and probiotics. In 3 months I lost 20lbs no exercise and no diet and I got pregnant with my daughter who is now 2.5 turning 3 in September.

I have PCOS and it took me about 15 years to get pregnant, I’ve got a beautiful little girl and had a miscarriage with twins :broken_heart: I went to my gyno they told me the best way to get pregnant is to keep trying :two_hearts:

They had me taking metformin to force my body to ovulate when i got pregnant with my first.

1 Like

Doctor will prescribe metformin to help regulate your hormones or sometimes it’s as simple as losing some weight. I struggled for three years to conceive with PCOS and conceived within months after a 70 lb weight loss !

2 Likes

I started taking folic acid working out and kept myself healthy and tracking ovalationn years but I got my baby finally

1 Like

Don’t over think if and go with the flow I also have PCOS and was told I’d have very slim chance of getting pregnant and would have to take medication.

I never took medication and I stopped worrying and have a 2 and a 4 year old now

1 Like

Go on birth control pill for 2-3 months then go off. I don’t remember the science behind it but it makes it easier to conceive. I have PCOS and had 2 kids.

4 Likes

Both times I conceived was a few days after taking a month supply of the prescribed weightloss medication called phentermine. This medication is known to be harmful for babies so I was very careful and still conceived with a condom, and then stopped using. My doctor told me that this could happen, and it may have been from the metformin as well keeping my hormones on track.
I was told for many years that I wouldn’t be able to get pregnant with Endo & PCOS.
Good luck to you!

I swear the chiropractor helped me get pregnant. Weird as it may sound.

1 Like

If she is currently on birth control she will be most fertile right after she stops taking it. Also, I recommend a lubricant called PreSeed. Her OB/GYN can prescribe Clomid if they try unsuccessfully for a period of time. It’s a fertility drug. If she is taking Metformin for her PCOS it is important she continues to take it regularly, if not, she should talk to her doctor to see if that is something that might be right for her. I would absolutely talk to my doctor. There are plenty of over the counter supplements that claim to help, I actually used Fertilaid when I got pregnant with my daughter. I was actually misdiagnosed with pcos, turns out I just get occasional ovarian cysts, none of the other hormonal problems or symptoms…so I read everything about pcos when I thought I had it. There are plenty of books on Amazon for getting pregnant with pcos as well, especially surrounding diet that can help with fertility.

1 Like

I had to put on birth control pills for some time to make myself start ovulation and then stopped taking them. Then, I finally conceived

1 Like

My friend has it and they put her on metformin. She just had a beautiful baby.

1 Like

I was on metformin and progesterone and was doing weekly fertility acupuncture. They use metformin to essentially make you ovulate like crazy (helps those like me that don’t ovulate like you should) and the progesterone to enhance your chances of the baby sticking (helps to maintain and a strong implant onto the wall of the uterus). I had 3 miscarriages and 2 babies which are both rainbow babies. I had pcos, endometriosis and adenomyosis. Hope this helps! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I took metFormin for my pcos and I was on it for about a year before I got off it and within a month and a half of being off I got pregnant I have 2 children now a 13 yr old and 3 yr old best decision for me

1 Like

A lot are prescribed metformin ! Prayers you get pregnant soon💕

1 Like

It really depends on what her specific issues are with pcos…thereis def not a one all fit all with pcos…some cysters have weight loss issues some are too skinny…some have hashimoto other dont. She needs to know exactly what her specific issues are. What worked for me was low carb low sugar diet.
, weight loss, took all my meds without fail, reduced stress, myo inositol and d chiro inositol and metformin(for ir)along with temping to know and confirm when i am ovulating.

4 Likes

Healthy eatting and lifestyle paired with weightloss

1 Like

If you are reluctant to take metformin, I have heard many success stories about women taking oil of oregano capsules for increasing fertility. I’m sure Google can find you a bunch of references. Good luck.

I’ve seen alot of people change their lifestyles and that had helped immensely. Eating better/low carb and exercising.

Metformin helps, weight loss, healthy diet of proteins and limit carbs. She should also consider speaking with a fertility doc about some trigger meds and testing to see what her levels are at when she ovulates. (If she does) I lost 80lbs, was taking metformin, working out every day at the gym walking and biking, ate lots of proteins and watched my carbs. Water, water water…

Weight loss was the solution for my daughter. Once she got to a healthy weight all the problems stopped.

Do you guys know the negative effects of metformin? On the liver

1 Like

I tried to conceive for 12 years, nothing happened and was on Metformin and Clomid for a bit. On 2019, my friend got married and i put myself on a diet since I was her MOH and within 2 months , I got pregnant without even actually trying. I also took myo-inositol pills that I got from Amazon for 3-4 days and was prego the following week and didn’t know. By son will be 2 in May , Lord willing :heart:

begin ovulation strips, then when close to peak use digital ovulation strips, do regularly for a while as this could give u a jump start to other options.

At first took Metformin, that did not work for me, I went to a different doctor and was put on Clomid, I got pregnant after the first cycle.

See a doctor. They can help. I had treatment for five years

Not vitamins but they put me on metformin to help with my PCOS and a few months later…. Pregnant . They told me it would be really hard for me to have kids because I was VERY irregular

Take this advice very lightly, our bodies are so different and infertility is very complex at times.

I’d suggest first for her and her partner to go through diagnosis testing through a Fertility clinic as most insurances cover this. This will get them a better map on where to start when trying - such as medications or further treatment.

Wishing your friend luck and you sound like a very supportive person.

1 Like

Metformin! Was told I couldn’t have kids! Was pregnant in a month with metformin!

Mine was weight loss. I tried metformin, I was on clomid for 8 months. After two years we stopped. I dropped 60 pounds and was pregnant instantly.

PCOS is different for every single person. She really needs to see her dr, address her personal medical needs, and get a healthy plan going for her to try to conceive.

1 Like

The biggest part is weight loss and leveling sugars/insulin. A plus is taking prenatal vitamins and/or folic acid at least. Less stress and trying not to think about it (I kmow easier said than done) consult a doctor about taking something to help with hormones

I did metformin and clomid together and after 3 months I was pregnant.

The only thing that helped me was Chlomid

I got in birth control and was pregnant within 3 months of being on it with both my kids because it regulated my hormones and gave me regular periods. Just skipped a couple pills here and there. I mean it might not work for everyone but it worked for me

One of my friends had this issue. She tried all kinds of meds, the ovulation cycle, everything. She ended up changing her diet and adding exercise to her routine and I wanna say 4-5 months later she was pregnant.

1 Like

Fertiliti tea. Look it up

Medical medium has a lot of information on pcos

I have Pcos and struggled with infertility also. I took rounds of fertility meds to get pregnant with my daughter (took 3 years). The second time around when meds weren’t working, I did my own extensive research and tried natural supplements…Maca root capsules, Probiotocs and digestive enzymes, fiber, fish oil, chlorella/spirulina tablets, orgain organic protein powder, orgain organic green superfood powder, and fertilherb (fertility supplement). I took these supplements in combination with exercise and diet change (eating super clean) to detox and regulate my hormones naturally. I swear this is how I got pregnant in 2 years with my son!

Metformin. It costs literally next to nothing, give it a few months. It makes a HUGE difference.

Intermittent fasting

Low glycemic food really helps and this is a resource where there is a lot of information on diet and other topics: https://pcosdiva.com

1 Like

Patti Hano You are the perfect one to help her… I hope you can reach out and help this person. She deserves to know how amazing your support, knowledge and Coaching can be.

1 Like

I seem to get pregnant a month after stopping birth control. I was on the pill for a year when I got pregnant with my daughter, couldn’t get my birth control pill refill from planned parenthood because my blood pressure was too high, went back was still too high but they gave me the the pills was told me to start them back up after my next period. Never had it. Then with my youngest son I had been on depo for 2 years, never missing a shot until I got really sick and was in the hospital for a week. While back home recovering, I had been in a coma for 5 days, had a stroke, developed hydrocephalus, kidney shut down, and was partially paralyzed from the chest down, noone thought about when my next shot was due. I missed one shot and got pregnant. My older son was a surprise but semi planned. We weren’t using birth control on purpose to see if we could get pregnant. I was told by doctors after my daughter I probably wouldn’t have anymore children because of my pcos. I do know weight loss helps. I have heard metformin can also help. Make sure you have her get her thyroid checked as well. Having previously worked in a family practice clinic we had a patient that got pregnant after having trouble conceiving after having her thyroid hormones replaced. Good luck!

Clomid prescribed by the doctor and weight loss

I have severe PCOS and was told I wouldn’t have any more children without help. I intermittent fasted for a couple months and then landed pregnant. The high risk doctor said that it was likely because I had lost weight and triggered me to ovulate.

1 Like

The supplements are expensive and did not work for me. Do not recommend. Better to see a Dr.

I have PCOS and went through a clinic they recommend stuff just for u after they do testing .

I heard mucinex helps?!

Metformin and clomid worked for me. And if she’s overweight even losing a few pounds helps

I went gluten free and after ten years of trying I now have 3 kids.

Reproductive endocrinology is where she needs to go to seek help. Weight loss and glycemic control is what they will say to regulate cycles.

1 Like

I have pcos and struggled both times. I tried every method the drs would give. With my 1st I was on muscle relaxers after a car accident and on robitussin. One time of sex and she was conceived after 10 years. 2nd baby girl 8 years later have no idea didn’t do anything differently.

I have severe pcos. I did fertility treatments for 11 months both shots and pills. I succeeded with insemination for our first son. I tried 2 more times without any luck. Then had to do ivf. Transferred 3 embryos. 1 took hold. Successful 2nd son. They are 10 yrs apart. Then, without trying or preventing, I got pregnant with our 3rd son at age 45. 10 yrs later. I hadn’t used bc for 23 years. Then, just out of the blue, I was pregnant. 3 boys all 10 years apart.

1 Like

I would recommend seeing a specialist in infertility. I have PCOS. And I took Letrazole and did an IUI treatment & have been taking progesterone 200mg capsule and I’m 6 weeks today. So worth going and talking to someone! I struggled for 4 years & had 4 miscarriages. I wish I would have went sooner instead of trying an all natural method that really just triggered my anxiety and depression through all the loses.

Alrighty so I was diagnosed with PCOS right before landing pregnant ON the birth control pill.
First, I highly recommend she get an internal ultrasound done to see the extent of damage to her ovaries. And second, a blood test to check her testosterone levels.

I have major scarring as I had cysts bursting almost every period from the time I got my first period until I landed pregnant with my first baby. Womens testerosterone levels are “normal” under 48, but mine read at 44, so they put me on estrogen pills. I already wasn’t ovulating regularly and apparently being on it brought it back. If you take it for a few weeks / months and then stop, it’s supposed to help increase your fertility as well with the help of the extra hormones in the system (NOT what I did, as I wasn’t trying to land pregnant, I was attempting to prevent it).

I have pcos and conceived both of my boys with clomid

Hair analysis and nutritional balancing program.

Tiara Richards don’t you suffer from this as well?

Folic acid, vitamin D, and probiotic. I took acidophilus.

I hv it and hv three girls, I was high risk all 3 pregnancies, all 3 c sections, felt the entire 1st c section. 2nd was better 3rd and my last I was bleeding to death and we both almost died and she was born almost 2 months early. It is possible. I was told I wouldn’t be able to get pregnant, I would hv miscarriages, and wouldn’t carry to full term. I was pregnant a month later lol :heart:! I take a lot of vitamin supplements. I never saw a doctor for it though or got fertility help. Good luck! I hope you get pregnant and hv a healthy baby!!

Sticking to low carb helped me a ton with mine! Not a fix all at all… however it helps hugely