How to get child to sleep through the night?

shoulda thought about that before you married him. that’s obviously his main girl. get over it or get out! what a good daddy getting up with his girl.

7 Likes

Why you are tired though if he is the one getting up ?

6 Likes

You need to address it with her Dad and quit taking issue with her. I had a Stepmom that was the most loving human and I would have done anything for her, try to connect with her in a positive way, in our case my SM and I bonded over making crafts, she died in 2002 and I miss her as much as I miss my bio Mom. This can be a fantastic relationship if you can make it that way…

3 Likes

Get a divorce, because you obviously didn’t realize that marrying someone with kids means becoming a parent and they both deserve better.

7 Likes

What is with you people. I really hope some of you people never become step parents. I mean seriously… Your basically telling this woman “not my monkey not my circus” when this man chose her to date and be his wife and complete his extended family and yall are all acting like shes an alien or a robot with no opinions or not allowed opinions or feelings towards matters. Step parent means you step up and parent. It means communication. If i married someone id expect my child to listen to who i married. Id be sure they had a great relationship and it sounds like this guy isnt choosing his wife sometimes. Her opinions and views arent getting heard. If you become a step parent it should be pretty equal not one sided just because the kid isnt your bio child

10 Likes

Maybe she is use to getting up at that time, my step daughter was up at 5am every morning to start the day as she went on a bus run with her mom or dad drove her to the sitters cause we had to go to work. I would say your lucky he gets up with her and it sounds like he is a good father. I don’t believe in spoiling kids, but I don’t see the problem with him getting up with her in the morning and you getting to sleep in.

4 Likes

How would he feel if he knew you wrote this? she isnt even your kid… get over it

3 Likes

I told my ex never make me choose between you or my son. You will lose. He was there before you. He will be there long after you’re gone. I was married to him for over 23 years. He’s no longer in my life. My son, his wife and my grandchildren are.

His children matter to him. Therefore they should matter to you. You know he had them before you met them and him. Don’t make him choose. You will lose

2 Likes

Y’all who are bashing her are ridiculous my 4 year old gets up at 4am you get your ads I’m sending her ass back to bed and telling her to lay down I won’t let my kids get up early like that and stay up their asses will learn I’m the boss and idcif you ain’t tires at 4am your ass is going back to bed. My oldest is 6 and wakes up.in the middle of the night to pee. She use.to get up in the middle of the night at 3-4years old and say she’s not tired at around 3am or she ever she woke up. If send her butt back to bed bc she needed to learn to go to bed and if she gets up that early go back to bed not stay up the rest of the night and sleep all day. Call me whatever you want. But my kids will learn I’m the boss not them. If they wake up at 7am I’m glad to get up with them but not no 3-4am

My oldest is 4 and she still sometimes wakes up before 4 and won’t go back to sleep for hours, then she will wake up at her regular 8ish.

Specifically in regards to the waking up… we got an OK to Wake alarm clock for my 3 year old who wouldn’t stay in her bed and wakes up with the sun on the daily. It doesn’t make a sound but it has a light that turns green at a pre-programmed time (ours is 7:15). We made her a sticker chart up to 50 and every night she stays in bed till the light turns green she gets a sticker. Every 10 stickers she gets a small prize from our prize bin ($ store stuff… nothing crazy). Took her a month or so to really get the hang of it but it worked for us. Good luck!

4 Likes

Krista trust me, cut your losses & move on; it will only get worse.

Shit my nephew wakes up at 5am and is up for the day. Granted he’s 2, but that’s his body clock.

So that’s what’s happening to your step-daughter. If she has always been an early riser, that’s just her.

And I just read the update…I always feel like whenever the poster doesn’t get the response they way, there is always an “update.” Oh no, a man who spoils his child. Shit, my bf constantly says how he doesn’t want to buy my daughter anymore stuffed animals because she has a lot yet, anytime he takes her to the mall or Walmart, what does she come home with? You guessed it! Another stuffed animal.

He sounds like an amazing father & you sound like you don’t have kids.

5 Likes

First of all there’s no such thing as “step family” I hate that. There’s only family blood or not. That being said some people don’t need as much sleep they may be those kinda ppl. And when I became a parent to a 2 year old I spoiled the crap outta her myself my s.o. had to sit me down and talk to me about how bad I was spoiling her and I adjusted . She was an early riser till she hit elementary school not she sleeps till I make her get up. Good luck and I hope it all works out

If you think she should go back to sleep, then maybe you should be the one getting up at 4 am and laying her back down. I know my husband doesn’t always see when our daughter is simply tired or even sick and he will think it’s normal for her to act up or whatever because she’s a kid. Well, her misbehaving is usually because she is tired! Not necessarily because she is naughty.

She’s your stepdaughter, and your role is “mom” when/if her bio mom is not around. You’re not abusing her by putting her back to bed at 4 in the morning. But if your fiancee doesn’t want to fight that battle, maybe you need to.

Set him down and explain he’s not doing her any favors!!!

Shes 4! Thats her dad! Your the spoiled brat! Disgusting hope he finds out how u talk about his kid and leaves u

2 Likes

Why does it bother you if you’re getting to sleep in? LMAO.
Let him be a dad to his kid.

5 Likes

Sounds like you are jealous of his daughter. If he is the one getting up with her at 4 am then why is it bothering you. My son is an early bird always has been sometimes he wakes up before 5 am sometimes not till 630 am but if hes up then im up.

U are still lucky he stays awake with her, my children’s father use to sleep and sleep and never wake up to see about them or help me

1 Like

Your “step daughter” is fortunate to have a father that cares so much for her that he willingly rises at 4:00 a.m. to care for her. You on the other hand aren’t insightful enough to know what a gift you have in a man like him. The 4:00 a.m. thing is most likely a passing thing. In other words temporary. Just like your relationship will be if you don’t wise up. If he’s willing to bend over backwards for his daughter, imagine what he’d be willing to do for you.

1 Like