How to get an 8-month-old to stop chewing

Looking for any advice i can get!! My son is 8 months old and he is chewing everything! I know thats what babies do but he is taking chunks out of everything. He has chewed chunks off his wooden cot, chewed holes in files,books, his clothes, anything he can get his hands on. He also bites me all day and leaves bruises everywhere!! How can i get him to stop??

1 Like

I say make a plan for one year to stop. Look at finances and see where you are and if it’s an option then great, if not maybe you can talk more then. But it’s better to be stable then to struggle

When he bites you bite him back - not hard but enough for him to realize oh wait that hurts! At least that part will stop

1 Like

If it’s because of teething, get him some teething gloves. Teething rings you can freeze. Freeze things he can eat- like a banana.
If he bites you, startle him by screaming suddenly loud when it happens.
Biting at that age is usually from teething or lack of being able to communicate. Try using words and baby sign with him to give him a way to communicate what he needs.

1 Like

Take him to his pediatrician there are a few rare diseases that cause people to chew on and or eat things that are non food items

If it’s because of teething, get him some teething gloves. Teething rings you can freeze. Freeze things he can eat- like a banana.
If he bites you, startle him by screaming suddenly loud when it happens.
Biting at that age is usually from teething or lack of being able to communicate. Try using words and baby sign with him to give him a way to communicate what he needs.