How old were your kids when they got their ears peirced?

How old were your kids when they got their ears pierced? My daughter is 6 years old and going into first grade, she has been asking to get them done. We will be getting them done at a tattoo shop.

3 Likes

Mine was 8 and we got them done at the hairdresser in Morinville there they use the gun at another place they were gonna use a needle

My daughter was the youngest age you can be like 3 months I think. She needed some shots before they would do it so I’m guessing 3 months. They have been great only if she wears real gold or w.e the real ear rings are lmao she’s 8 now

1 Like

My daughter was almost 6 months when me and her dad got them done.

1 Like

I got my ears pierced in college. My daughter got hers pierced in middle school, but changing and turning earrings made her cringe, so she just let them grow back. My twin granddaughters had theirs pierced as babies, but the minute they could pull them out they did. They didn’t wear earrings from toddlerhood until about 6, when they’d occasionally ask to wear some. Thankfully their holes still worked. I think the family decided not to bother with the little sister until she asks & is old enough to take care of them.

Perfessional body piercer here, at our shop we will do the at 3 and up. The ones that ask for it, you tell them it’s going to pinch still want it, and watch videos before so they know what to expect. They usually do great. Just please look into shop and make sure they do a decent amount of kids ears, they use a needle to pierce with, and use an autoclave to sterilize the tools and jewelry. The needles should be single use, some will buy them already sterilized some will sterilize themselves with the autoclave.

1 Like

We have decided to wait until she asks to get them done.

3 Likes

I got my ears done at 4 yo. Mom said we’re doing it so we did. No tears…just gold studs

My mom pierced mine when I was a baby. I used to work at Icing and hated piercing babies. Honestly they shouldn’t even be piercing. A tattoo shop is definitely the best way to go. I think she’s old enough

1 Like

My ex refused to let me bring my oldest to a tattoo shop. So he got a :gun: at a salon when he was 8. My second oldest son went to a tattoo shop for his when he was also 8. My youngest son is 4 and my only daughter is only 3. Whenever they want, if they want is when they can get it as long as they’re over 7 for me

Took my daughter around age 6 and went to a tattoo parlor. She’s done great with them

Mine got hers done at a tattoo shop right after she turned seven. I had told her when she turned six that I would take her whenever she was ready. I explained the process and aftercare in great detail. Good for you for taking her to a professional!!

My daughter just got hers done this year at 7yrs old. We went to a tattoo shop and she did great! The only issue we had was the backs kept falling off. Once we were able to switch them out I got a pair with screw on backs off Amazon and we haven’t had any problems since.

my oldest daughter was around 6 months. my youngest daughter was just shy of 2. her father was extremely overprotective and never liked to see her cry for any reason. my oldest now how 7 holes all together in the ear. she’ll be 15 tomorrow. i think she’s old enough to decide.

I’m that mom that got her kids ears done when they were infants- like 3 months. My oldest is going to be 13…she now has 3 sets of earrings and a belly button. My 9 year old no longer has earrings because she didn’t want them :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

My rule is when she asks. She has to want it not “wanting” it under pressure. I was 10yo. I begged my mom only because my beautician talked it up. So I’m sensitive to being pressured into thinking she wants it. I’m also real with her. Ive explained that it hurts & can get infected. That they never truly close, leaves a scar, is permanent. And can itch even after “closed”. (mine do). I think 6yo is really young to make an informed decision. Just MY opinion.

My youngest was when she was 5 turning 6. My older daughter was when she was 6 months. She wouldn’t mess with her ears. We waited on my youngest because as a baby she would mess with everything

Me and my husband just got my daughters done hit her 9th birthday because she had been bugging to get them done but I wanted to make.sure she could take care of them herself

18 but she wanted them earlier, her cardiologist would not clear her to get them.

My oldest was 7, and my youngest was 4. They had both been begging for it, so they got them done at the same time.

My mom got mine pierced at 2 months, and I got the second time at 9 years. My daughter got hers for her second birthday

My oldest son begged for almost a year to get his done finally at 3 almost 4 he got one side done

My daughter asked me to get her ears pierced at 6 i waited until she was ready to get em done

Oldest was 5 the youngest was 3.

My girls are 3 & 4 and neither of them have them done yet. We’ve agreed to wait until they understand exactly what they’re doing to their body.

I have boys and neither have their ears pierced. I got mine in like 2nd grade I think so maybe 8 years old