How long did you stay in the hospital after giving birth?

how long did you stay in the hospital with baby after having them? i have a 3 yrold i need to get home too when i go up to have the baby and im hoping i can leave after a day, dont really have someone wiling to watch her longer than that lmao

2 Likes

They released me 24 hours my baby 36

1 Like

After my first, 3 days. Emergency section
Second, day after bc my then boyfriend wouldn’t watch our oldest son so I signed a AMA form and left before I should’ve, scheduled section.
Third, was two days after scheduled section.
Fourth was during covid so we were gone after her sugars raised enough to be discharged so the end of the day after I believe. Also scheduled section.

I was out at the 24 hour mark for each kid as we had little ones at home. Let them know you would like to be out as soon as you can and once baby passes all tests they should release you guys.

Depends on how birth goes I was home 8 hrs later with most of mine xx I could have gone home within 8 hrs of a section if he hadn’t needed nicu xx

Both times I went in the night of my induction, had the baby within 24hrs of being admitted, spent birth night and the next in the hospital bc of baby’s 24hr testing and me having a clotting issue. 3 nights both times.

Had C-section if I remember correctly I was there for 3 or 4 days

I had a C-section, hemorrhaged and lost a lot of blood after, had many tests done for concerns of a dvt and pulmonary embolism and I was still home in 2 days. I was in the same boat had a 3 yr old who I had never left before I wasn’t staying longer then medically necessary.

1 Like

1st/3rd: premature labors, admitted Sunday, left Wednesday.
2nd: birth center, home 8 hrs. after birth

first one was induced on a Wed night, had him Friday night and home by Monday, second one had him Thurs and home by sat

I just had a baby 3 weeks ago and they have to keep you for 24 hours after the baby is born. So if you have the baby at noon you can leave at noon the next day as long as there are no complications with you or baby

1 Like

Both mine were 48 hours, but I’ve known people since COVID who say it’s only 24 hours.

You can plan all you want but what you can really plan on is that nothing ever goes the way you plan it! Since you have a kid, you should already know, not only that, but that every hospital and every birth and every situation is different. If things go very well, sometimes moms are sent home the SAME day. Sometimes things don’t go well and moms are there for a week or more. It all depends. Be a parent and make plans for where your first kid is going to stay and be cared for while you’re in the hospital in the event that you’re there for more than a couple of days.

It all depends on your delivery and how you both do after, with my son I got to leave the next day but with my daughter I had to stay for 5 days due to her having higher than they liked jaundice levels

I had 24 hours before insurance wanted to kick me out. I was tiny & my son weighed almost 9 lbs! We paid out of pocket for another night.

Think it depends. I had a C section and was home 36 hours later. I think it depends on you and the baby usually. I’d expect one to two nights if all is well

I had my last baby on the Friday morning, was home 24hrs later.
Not sure where you are but there was a thing I could sign to leave 6 hours later.

24 hours with my second. The moment she was born I asked for earliest discharge possible.

24 hours on the dot …baby has to be 24 hours old …made it known I wanted to get out and get home !! Only if u and baby are healthy enough to go

I had my baby in December and they only kept me 16 hours then had to come back the next day for his check ups

My daughter went home 24 hours after delivery, actually I helped with tying the cord after she had her last baby at home but she still had to go to the hospital to be “watched”

It depends on how you and the baby are doing. If everything goes great, then 24 hours.

Admitted on Mon and went home on Sunday. I couldn’t wait to sleep in our bed at home.

Water broke and was admitted Wednesday evening, had her Thursday evening, went home Saturday afternoon.

24 hours in the dot is when I left with my 2nd and 3rd. I flat out told them I was leaving at the 24 hour mark. My first they made us stay 48 hours.

You’re going to need help with the three-year old. At that age, they have no clue about what you need. Being home won’t mean “able to wrangle him.”

2 days or so. But they asked me if I wanted to stay and I said yes. Did the same with my first.

I had a C-section on a Friday and left Sunday

Most people come home next day!

Vaginal 24hr,C-section it depends 2-3days

48 hrs with 1st. 24 hrs with 2nd. Soon to find out for #3. :smiling_face:

3 days with each c section

Had both kids natural Had my son 1984 at 4:16 PM out the hospital at 9:00 am the next morning Daughter 1986 10:25am out 9:00 am next morning…

2 days, 2 days and 6 days due to BP issues post birth.

With my first two children I was home within 6 hours of their birth, however with my third, he developed an infection and we had to stay 8days for him to have a full week of antibiotics. There really is no way to know!

It depends with my oldest I had an emergency c section which landed me a week in the hospital with my youngest also c section my doctor and I worked hard for me to go home in 72 hours I was discharged withing 36hrs it depends on you and what your doctor thinks is best my husband stayed with our oldest at home after surgery but during my friend watched him

Depends on different factors… - If it’s your first. (Which is is not)

• what kind of delivery you had
  • babies health after the delivery
  • you health after delivery

If everything goes smooth and everyone is in good health you will be out in the 24hr Mark.

Where I delivered standard was a 2 night stay with natural birth and 3-4 days with c section I stayed 2 nights with both of mine

No one can tell you… Can’t really base it off your last delivery either.

If it runs smoothly and your little one passes all tests. Your recovery is really important. Then you can request to leave early. Make sure to keep note on when your doctor will be there to sign discharge papers.

I had my daughter 3:40pm and left the next day at 6:30pm