How do you know it's time to end a relationship?

Hi mom’s
My boyfriend and i recently broke up his been away for 4 months now and have been acting weird ever since … Ao he ended our relationship due to personal reasons (( his mom and I have our differences )) … we have a 19months daughter and have been together for 3 years … I hate him for doing this to me and my daughter I love him very much and I can’t seem to accept it … he broke all contact with me and his no even bother about our daughter … so im asking would I be wrong for keeping our daughter away from him since he doesn’t even call her but she’s so cute she knows his her father …

18 Likes

I’m confused. You’re asking if you can keep your daughter away from him but also saying he isn’t even trying to access her. Which the hell is it?

6 Likes

Is he trying to spend time with her and advoid you thats what im gathering.

3 Likes

Oky if he isn’t making any effort to meet his daughter, then it’s cool… Keep her away

3 Likes

It sounds to me as he’s keeping himself away? What are you even saying here? He left you and your kid and has no contact…

4 Likes

If he wants to see her explain to him that he has to be a constant In her life and can’t be jumping in and out of her life. If he can be a constant and wants to be in her life then no don’t keep her away from him. But I wouldn’t reach out to him to ask if he wants to see her either. It’s not your job to keep their relationship going.

4 Likes

Yes you’re wrong because it’s obviously petty.
Since he doesnt want you and cut contact? If he doesnt call or try to see his daughter. Let him be
If he tries and wants to see her then for your daughters sake put your feelings aside and let them.

4 Likes

You can’t hate someone that you made a child with

7 Likes

Take him to court…its his responsibility to take care of his child and help you to do that…down side he could get visitation…i attempt a few times to get him to see her, then if it still doesnt happen…i would be going to court with the evidence he abandoned her

1 Like

It’s not the custodial parents job to make or keep a relationship with the absent parent. If he wants his daughter he needs to make the effort. I know from experience trying to force or chase a father down doesn’t end well…or at least it didn’t for me

2 Likes

So you are sad that your child’s father has cut all contact but are asking if you would be wrong to keep her away from him?

1 Like

You don’t need to keep her away from him he’s keeping himself away already! Just try to move on with your life, focus on bub and start again… he’s the worst type of mummys boy and has already chosen her over you and his daughter… he’s not worth it. And if he continues to stay out of her life than that’s his own fault…
Get court orders done asap!

1 Like

Don’t Rob her of time with her dad if for any reason he wants to see her.as long as he isn’t putting her in harm’s way and you know he isn’t running off with her let her see daddy she can’t ever get that back

1 Like

If he’s not bothering then it looks as if he has made his decision. Im sorry you are feeling bad about the break up, youre bound to have different emotions. You have to accept in time that this is his decision not to be with you and your daughter. If I were in your shoes I’d keep the daughter away. Good luck xx

Do not keep a child away from there dad. File for child support and go from there

1 Like

It’s very sad. All I can say is you and your daughter will get through this. Kids adapt very well. Make sure she knows it had nothing to do with her. He sounds very immature.

Sounds like the kid needs a new family. Mother, Father, and both those nuts kept out of her life.
What fool thrower to the side, wants to force a child on some jurk, that doesn’t want either one of them.

I think he is trying to stay away frm you…not his daughter but kinda hard to be there for here without you…

Perhaps this isn’t her first language? So quick to judge someone’s intelligence. If he isn’t trying to see the baby and doesn’t want to co-parent, don’t bother with him. Keep your baby girl happy

2 Likes

No you wouldn’t be wrong. He needs to prove that he is mature enough for visitation; kids are not resilient they remember everything so the less toxicity the better in their lives.

1 Like

She will resent u for it down the road… U can’t keep a child away from its own parent because u don’t like him for hurting u. Its still her father. U don’t have to like him to coparent, u just have to be civil and act like adults.

2 Likes

If he decided to be a dad again, I wouldn’t keep him from her. But if he isn’t trying, if you want to push it, take it to court.
If you’re content doing it on your own I would just do that as it’d be hard to get full custody just because he broke up with you and usually abandonment laws are after 6 months to a year. Good luck.

1 Like

Also, I would try to maybe have a middle person. See if maybe a sibling or grandparent can take her between you and Dad. They make parenting apps that can be monitored through the court to talk.

If the reason he isn’t seeing her is because of you.

1 Like

Is he paying child support?

1 Like

It’s not a good idea to keep the child from the other parent unless it is for their own safety you don’t want her to end up hating you for not allowing her to see him

2 Likes

If hes staying away then all you have to do is leave that be. Your daughter deserves better than a man child who can’t pull up his big boy pants and stand up to his mom. HE WALKED AWAY FROM YOU AND HIS CHILD. For what? Bc of his own mom? Sounds like mommy has some letting go issues AND it’s not her place.
How will he be to his daughter? How will this mommy effect the relationship between him and daughter?
If he isn’t worried about whats important it’s not for job to make him be.

1 Like

I’m confused
How can you keep a child away from the father when the father is the one keeping himself away already?

2 Likes

Yes you would be wrong for keeping him away from his child. He broke up the relationship with you not his child. Give it time he will come back to his child but only after you get over y’all relationship.

2 Likes

Your child is not a revolving door for a parent to come and go as they please. If he walked away and tries to come and go, don’t let him. Your child needs stability.
It’s not about the dads or moms feelings. You need to make sure your child has a stable upbringinh

8 Likes

Time would be so limited an he should be sending the big check

If he’s making no attempt why “keep her away?” My daughter’s bio doesn’t attempt shit but I don’t keep her from him.

Yes it would be absolutely wrong if you to keep him away…just because there are issues between you and him doesn’t mean you can use his daughter against him to hurt him…if he isn’t dangerous that’s just cruel…ask him when he wants to see her and make sure he has his own stuff figured out then let him see her…I don’t understand why women like to use their kids to hurt the father…Absolutely selfish and childish

1 Like

I don’t really understand what you’re saying. Is he staying away himself or are you keeping the baby from him?

You’re going to have a hard time finding a judge who would allow you keep her away from her father, unless he’s legitimately unfit.

If he’s staying away himself, there’s really nothing you can do. If he’s asking to see his child and you’re not letting him, you need to stop that, immediately.

1 Like

With that reason alone I think it’s wrong to close the door on her dad. She deserves to see him even if he puts in hardly any effort.

1 Like

If he ain’t gonna marry you then why stick together ?

I believe she is saying that he doesn’t even ask for her now but in the future if he does should she keep him away. If that’s the case make him go through the courts you need to get full custody and put him on child support no since in him getting a free ride through parenthood

2 Likes

If you’re grown enough for a child, you should be grown enough to understand he no longer wants to be with you, and keeping his daughter away from him intentionally, is a very immature and messed up thing to do out of spite.

If he hasn’t come around to see her, maybe he’s trying to fix his situation or file for some sort of custody, so he can bring her into a new and comfortable environment.

Move on, and stop being spiteful.

2 Likes

At the end of the day your relationship with this man is totally separate from a father daughter relationship and that relationship should not be denied

My sons sperm donor hasn’t been around in over three years.

1 Like

You cant let your bitter feelings for him cloud your judgments in regards to him and his daughter that just makes you a typical baby momma…be better than that! If he’s not making an effort then continue to raise her…if he tries then def set some rules…dont fuck with her emotions…its not healthy to be in and out of a childs life…either be in…or stay the hell out. Period end of story. But you as a woman. Dont let your personal feelings of hurt cloud what the right thing to do is… and that’s dont keep a child from their parent… unless theres a legit reason

If he doesn’t try to see her anyway you aren’t really keeping her away. Are you asking if he does decide to contact you to see her one day you should say no? If that’s what you mean then he will just take you to court for visitation or even custody. It’s best to coparent peacefully before it gets to court

2 Likes

U admitted pretty much ur bitter… not the childs fault… dont be that "baby momma "

You have every right if he’s not helping, to keep her from him. It’ll hurry her more in the long run to be used when it is convenient for him

1 Like

Sounds like he’s not wanting to contact either of you at this point and you are still in love with him so you want him to see the baby so you can see him and that MAY be the reason he is staying away. If he really doesn’t care about her, you will know eventually, but you are going to have to let him go as far as you are concerned. Regardless though, he needs to help support her and you need to file for child support. He will pay it willingly if he cares about his daughter. If not, he has to pay it anyhow. You don’t make babies and get off with no responsibility.

3 Likes

Nope. You don’t get to pop in and out whenever you “feel” like being a parent. Parenthood is NOT a part time gig, and it’s even WORSE than just not at all. My ex tries to pull that shit all the time. Disappearing for months at a time and then coming back trying to act like nothing is wrong. All it does it cause the grief of loss over and over and over again. It’s bullshit.

just leave and get on with your life with your little girl… He’s missing out on everything. If hes not interested don’t push it, dont ask him too see her, dont msg, ring, anything no contact to him…

1 Like

Wrong ! He may not be around cause he knows you are still in love with him so you maybe a little bit bitter. I am in NO WAY taking his side ! When you leave him alone he may come back around, maybe he don’t want any drama

if he ain’t trying you don’t try for him. if he puts in the effort don’t keep her from him but if not just let it be and look out for your daughter and yourself period.