How do you cope when you get overstimualted?

How do you guys cope when you get severely overstimulated, particularly during sleep regressions? Our son is 16 months, he is in a pretty nasty regression. We’ve been doing our best to stick to his schedule as he struggles for a bit, but my normally happy little boy is so whiny and angry and I’m feeling a lot more overwhelmed than usual lately. Hubby helps a LOT! He’s amazing. I have amazing friends always willing to help. But my struggle is the last few days, even after I get to slow down and rest, I’m just stuck irritable. I’m mad at my cats when they meow for attention. I’m short with my hubby and our 11 year old when they want to talk to me throughout the day. My social batteries are dead and I’m burned out on everyone and everything, I can’t seem to figure out what i need to be okay right now.

1 Like

I feel this I have 4 toddlers. I’m touched out screamed out baby sharked out. Sometimes my hubs comes home turns on the radio and I lose my shit. I can’t take alllll the noise at the same time

It always helps me to get out of the house for a little bit by myself. I feel so much better when I get back to the house. Go look around a store you like, go eat, or get ice cream. I promise, it helps!

Sounds like you need some you time, to rejuvenate…or could be something else talk to your Dr.

Meditation, yoga, Tai Chi. Even 5-10 minutes can calm you down and make you feel better. It takes practice to learn, but moments with a video and you can get it here. Movement with breath work always helps me. Any kind of exercise: walk around the neighborhood. I have a squeaky rowing machine. When I’d work out on it normally it would be at a smooth rhythm. When I was stressed or angry it would creak in short , rapid bursts as I took out my frustrations. Have hubs make love to you and let him do all the work.