How do you clean laminate floors?

Anyone with laminate floors, how do you clean them? I have a Bissel Spinwave Mop and I feel like no matter what solution I use, my floor is still dirty. It looks clean but everyone’s feet looks dirty still I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

6 Likes

My bf washes the floor by hand with a microfiber washcloth. We have a cat and it really helps get all the fur laying around.

I use a shark steamer. Love it

Sweep, sweep and clear loose dirt off floor. Wash/mop or bucket & rag with Pinesol and HOT water. Change water when its dirty!

My installer recommended a couple drops of Dawn liquid dish soap and it works great.

2 Likes

I use a little Mr. Clean in the bottle, have found that it the only thing that leaves no residue. Be sure to wring mop well – I would not use a steamer on laminate

I was told to use windex and a dry swifter pad

2 Likes

Hoover complete pet steam mop I’m obsessed with it and it gets alllll the dirt and residue

Just plain water, no soap or other detergents, they leave a film on the floor is what causes the buildup and why they are always dirty.

After you wash it well. Wax it. It will look brand new. And cleaner looking as well. Future floor was is awesome. Use a flat rectangle
Mop to apply. Can get at dollar store. It will also make it easier to clean
Hugs. Mine were 25 years old and someone asked if I replaced them. It lasts about a year of you don’t use pine sol or bleach type other wise reapply every six months after washing with dish soap water

Take your shoes off at the door this will stop dirt going on your laminate flooring

4 Likes