How do I deal with my terrible MIL?

Who else deals with crappy mils and how do you cope with it ??? Back story ; She has never liked me and I’ve given her no reason not to tbh… I’ve never even spoke to the woman for god’s sake. When my husband and I got married she repeatedly called him on the day we got married and told him that he was too young to play step daddy to two bast*** children. Then told him it was the worst mistake of his life if he decided to marry me. He told her that my children and I are a package deal and that if she can’t respect me and our kids that she could go on with herself elsewhere. He had just came home from deployment and she threw a fit that he didn’t stop in and see her. The reason he didn’t stop in and see her is because of all the drama she started and the way she was acting towards our kids and I. 8+ months later ; She calls him and tells him they’re going on a vacation and that she would love if he came. He told her he would think about it and that she does know that he’s not going to leave his wife and kids at home after being deployed for 9 months and away from us for over a year? And that he would pay for our portion of the vacation. She told him we weren’t welcomed and we never would be and that he needs to get over himself. 4 months later she calls and tells him he needs to tell the military someone in their family is dying and he needs to come home. He does so and is ready to leave and finds out from other relatives that this is a lie. (She wanted him to leave just to come visit so she could try and convince him to leave me.) She’s done this 4 times now. We have now been married almost two years now , we just found out we were having a baby and decided to announce it on Facebook. We waited til after the first trimester due to complications and two miscarriages in the past. At this point he blocked her on everything and his family from that side pretty much due to all of the drama. She also went around telling people that because I’m pagan and pansexual that it means I’m a ped and I’m a satanist and to stay far away from me and my children… Which was his last straw and he blocked her over it. Now a day after our Facebook announcement about the baby she reaches out to me and tells me he needs to get the hell home because one of his family members are dying and that they would like to see him before they die in the next few months. And he needs to grow up and quit with the childish drama. Then went , "I’d tell you congratulations on the baby but I don’t believe that child is his so I’m not going to. Tell him call me right now. Thanks. " I’m at my wits ends momma’s. I’ve dealt with this kind of stuff before but eventually I got sick of it and just left. I love this man deeply however and he is the best father to our girls and our new baby and he is trying his hardest to stay away from her drama. I haven’t told him yet about the messages due to the fact we just found out our baby’s gender and are still in the shocked and happy go lucky stage and I don’t want her to ruin it… However I feel bad for not saying anything but I whole heatedly believe it’s another one of her bs antics like in the past .What in the world do I do?!? Please help. Tell me how you deal with terrible mils? It’s making it hard to be happy for my healthy pregnancy when she’s doing all of this to try and start drama again.

9 Likes

Block all the family and have nothing to do with them! Also your hubby can get into a lot of trouble in with his command with all her lies about family members dying!

2 Likes

Tell him but also block her. Cut her off completely.

Block her….it most likely won’t get any better. Live your lives!

I’d change all our phone numbers lol

2 Likes

Block her. If someone is dying have your husband tell her to go through the American Red Cross services to the armed forces to notify him. This way the Red Cross will verify with the treating hospital if in fact they are dying and if he is needed there.

Keep her away from your kids.

6 Likes

Cut ties and live your life

3 Likes

You continue to do what you’re doing because she is never going to change.

Luckily for you, your husband is on your side. It would be a lot more difficult if he was siding with her against you, but it sounds like he had your back. So stay low contact and go on about your happy life.

The two of you and your little family being together and happy is going to be the biggest eff you to her!

2 Likes

Block her and use grey rock theory horrible mil do not get better unless you set the boundaries for yourself and the family and distance whenever Possible

3 Likes

Ignore her, your husband is supporting you regardless of all his mother’s tactics. So Congratulations and enjoy this time of your new Blessing.

9 Likes

If he blocked her, you should too.

14 Likes

Tell that bitch to feck right off ur married to him not her

Cut her off COMPLETELY. And anyone who has anything to do with her.

Just had a big issue with my mother in law and our 10 year relationship with her son my kids father , I been fed up with all the drama that’s been happening. I made my choice not to long ago and I told him about it ! I said either I take of with the kids !! And you won’t find me until court date or you cut ties with your damn mother witch one is it !! And he made a choice he doesn’t talk to her anymore! If you let someone else in your relationship your screwed because not only are you married to your spouse but you are also kind of married to who ever they involve in your relationship that’s what it feels like and it will never work out !

Block her. Tell your husband about the call… cause unfortunately she’s tried this scheme before, but one of these times it could in fact be true and you don’t want to live with that guilt.

3 Likes

Sounds like you and him need a ((restraining order )) against her !! Sheesh im so sorry !

1 Like

Block her from everything and explain to anyone reaching out on her behalf that they can either respect you or be blocked as well. If she continues to find ways to reach out you could see about a restraing order or harassment charges.

1 Like