How do bra sizes work?

Some one want to explain to me how bra sizes work?? I got mom boobs now and usually wear a bralet or a nursing bra lol tried on a 34c and I’m falling out the sides, tried on 34d and the cup almost fit but there was a small gap at the top. Idk what I’m doing here.

8 Likes

Measure under your breast (this is the number in the size), next measure across the largest part of your breast. For the number of inches above the first number is the letter. Example: 34 inches and then 37 inches would be a 34C. At least that’s how it was explained to me.

5 Likes

I would definitely go get properly sized and agree anywhere but Victoria secret. My breasts have been up and down since my kids. La Senza has always been amazing. No matter which one I went to.

1 Like

If you get sized, go to a place that is not brand-specific. If you go to a brand-specific place, they will “make” one of their sizes work, even if it’s not your true size.

Maybe try doing a 36 C
A lot of places do sizing, I know that may be uncomfortable, but it’s definitely a good experience to find the right fit.

4 Likes

When they fit me like that I go up in number and use the smaller cup size.
Go get sized somewhere that IS NOT Victoria secret. The sized me at a 32DDD. I’m a 36DD. I even had someone else measure to be sure. There is absolutely no way I was getting into a 32 anything!

2 Likes

Get someone in the bra department to fit you. Turns out I had been wearing the wrong bra size my entire life. Now I wear Trukind which comes in small, medium and large and extra large. They are at Target. Best bras ever.

I legit just ordered my first big girl bra in the last 10 yrs, yesterday. I measured myself via the Victories Secret website, bras haven’t arrived yet so fingers crossed!

I’d try a 36C. Dillards does sizing too. No one has ever explained bras to me either :joy:. I just know “sister sizes” because I had a hard to find bra size back in the day.

Try a 36c or 32d… But you’d be best to get measured. They do it free at Victoria’s secret… But measure the band under your boobs and that’s the number… Measure across the center of your breasts… Subtract the two numbers and that is the letter… Could be wrong on the exacts but I’m pretty sure that’s how they’re measured…

That’s my size I like puma brand sports bra with thick cups but I have always used wire bras! Or bras with the wire! I’m sure their are breast feeding bras similar! :joy::white_heart:

A bra that fits - Google that it will give you a link to a bra calculator that will have you measure and than give you your size

Go to Soma and have them measure you!
Their bras are great too.

1 Like

Get different sizes and try them on. 34c, 36c can also do a 38c. If the c’s are still too small do a 32d.
I’d go to LA senza and measured :black_heart:

1 Like

Soma is a great place for a fitting and great bras.

Move up in band sizes, not cup.

Go get sized(anywhere but Victoria’s Secret)

The letter is cup size number is around the back

Moving up in band size won’t make a bra fit you in the cups - it just won’t support you properly and ride up. :woman_facepalming:

I actually went down a band size post pregnancy to a stupidly small 30 back but I went up a cup size! So I was expecting 32E and found I needed 30 FF or G :joy: it will vary from store to store and style to style just like shoes. Work out the band you need first…you should be able to get a finger under on the loosest hook but no looser than that. It should sit flat at the front and any wire should fit neatly around your boobs. When you put it on, jiggle yourself forward into the cups. A gap on one cup isn’t unusual. Maybe try a 32D and see how it fits? Or ask for a style that comes up small in the cups. If you’ve the budget, try Bravissimo.com.